Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPm4q1wfdtI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thank you rovert

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

gently caress me why does this have to be on a Tuesday night?!????! I'd seriously drive to Merced to see Pentagon

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Is the TV pilot thing a work to paint DJ Hyde as a phony heel, or are they actually taping something

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Are we done ironically pretending to like John Zandig yet?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is the TV pilot thing a work to paint DJ Hyde as a phony heel, or are they actually taping something
It sounds legit, DJ has been trying to expand CZW's horizons (e.g. the failed PPV handshake deal). Taping a pilot doesn't mean he has a suitor necessarily. I'm curious to see who DJ considers a TV asset, especially considering he probably can't use Pepper Parks, Lio Rush, Callihan, Cherry Bomb, AK47, Marti Belle, Mia Yim, Veda Scott and possibly Jenny Rose.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Cory Lidle posted:

Are we done ironically pretending to like John Zandig yet?

Who's pretending :colbert:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Who's pretending :colbert:

like I was saying in PSP-tv, Zandig's style of deathmatch wrestling is a lost piece of americana.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Brian Cage is out of PWG tonight due to a family issue

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
John Zandig came back just for us fans and this is how you thank him?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

how quickly can zandig make it to reseda

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It'll probably just be TJ Perkins like it usually is on super short notice

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

maybe Super Dragon will duct tape a healing taco to his ACL or whatever and sub in

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

duyarvish posted:

John Zandig came back just for us fans and this is how you thank him?

I'm getting married so I cant do the whole hookers and coke thing. So yeah, this is how we celebrate.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

how quickly can zandig make it to reseda

Those cheapskates couldn't afford him.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's 2.5 months away but myself and upwards of three buddies are definitely going to the Scenic City Invitational on 8/5-8/6 this year so if you plan on going bring weed in case I forget

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Elgin pulled double duty and Castle and Callihan apparently made out in the middle of the ring. Paige and Del Rio were 3rd cutest couple after them at PWG tonight. 2nd was Galloway and Del Rio as Del Rio came out and hugged Galloway after his match with Elgin.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I had no idea that Del Rio was even there, I didn't notice him approaching Galloway. Crowd popped big for Sami planting one on Castle though. Dude on dude action plays in California.

Results:

Adam Cole def. Dalton Castle
Michael Elgin def. Kamaitachi
Marty Scurll def. Mark Andrews
Trevor Lee def. Andrew Everett
Chris Hero def. Jeff Cobb
Drew Galloway def. Michael Elgin
Roderick Strong def. Sami Callihan

Galloway appears to be turning as he was acting pretty heelish on the mic and during the match, although that might just have been a one-off during that match to protect Elgin while he was filling in I'm not sure. He motioned after the match that he wants the belt and he would probably make a good foil to Zack so I wouldn't be surprised either way. Cobb/Hero was MOTN in my opinion, Hero did what Hero does and made Cobb look amazing. Crowd received both him and Kamaitachi pretty well, definitely better than the last couple debuts they've had (Castle excepted because come on, who expected that gimmick to not get over in Reseda). Callihan had a visual pin on Roddy but then Cole ran in and pulled Knox out of the ring, then Castle did the same for Sami later on, both of them got taken out by dives shortly after interfering. After the match Cole hit the ring to congratulate Roddy and then started beating down Callihan, then Castle made the save and they cleared the ring and he offered Sami the handshake but Sami kissed him instead.

Decent show but not the strongest they've put on tbh. I know they were running shorthanded because of guys being in Japan and Zack got hurt, but several matches were a little sloppy and/or never quite hit that extra gear that great PWG matches reach. Excalibur confirmed at the end of the show that Thirteen is next on the calendar, so no June show this year. Curious to see who will be available then and what that card will look like.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mercedes Martinez came back to wrestling in Australia in the NHPW Global Conflict tournament.

https://twitter.com/ratetank/status/733961713616199680

Mercedes had been on a 2 year injury lead hiatus.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Grozz Nuy posted:

I had no idea that Del Rio was even there, I didn't notice him approaching Galloway. Crowd popped big for Sami planting one on Castle though. Dude on dude action plays in California.

Results:

Adam Cole def. Dalton Castle
Michael Elgin def. Kamaitachi
Marty Scurll def. Mark Andrews
Trevor Lee def. Andrew Everett
Chris Hero def. Jeff Cobb
Drew Galloway def. Michael Elgin
Roderick Strong def. Sami Callihan

Galloway appears to be turning as he was acting pretty heelish on the mic and during the match, although that might just have been a one-off during that match to protect Elgin while he was filling in I'm not sure. He motioned after the match that he wants the belt and he would probably make a good foil to Zack so I wouldn't be surprised either way. Cobb/Hero was MOTN in my opinion, Hero did what Hero does and made Cobb look amazing. Crowd received both him and Kamaitachi pretty well, definitely better than the last couple debuts they've had (Castle excepted because come on, who expected that gimmick to not get over in Reseda). Callihan had a visual pin on Roddy but then Cole ran in and pulled Knox out of the ring, then Castle did the same for Sami later on, both of them got taken out by dives shortly after interfering. After the match Cole hit the ring to congratulate Roddy and then started beating down Callihan, then Castle made the save and they cleared the ring and he offered Sami the handshake but Sami kissed him instead.

Decent show but not the strongest they've put on tbh. I know they were running shorthanded because of guys being in Japan and Zack got hurt, but several matches were a little sloppy and/or never quite hit that extra gear that great PWG matches reach. Excalibur confirmed at the end of the show that Thirteen is next on the calendar, so no June show this year. Curious to see who will be available then and what that card will look like.

I agree with you, but like with every pwg show it was still a blast. I just wanna say. Hero made Cobb look like a million bucks. Also Hero might be the nicest dude in wrestling. He is always just willing to chat and hang out with fans.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Mercedes Martinez came back to wrestling in Australia in the NHPW Global Conflict tournament.

https://twitter.com/ratetank/status/733961713616199680

Mercedes had been on a 2 year injury lead hiatus.
Oh wow! I thought she was done for real.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

Oh wow! I thought she was done for real.

Had heard 2-3 months ago she was working out in the ring again to see how it felt again. She offers a lot of fresh match ups now hope she returns even on a very selective basis.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Those cheapskates couldn't afford him.

I'm pretty sure they can afford a 6 pack of Natty Light and a sandwich

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I had no idea that Del Rio was even there, I didn't notice him approaching Galloway.

It was probably just at the curtain when he hugged him.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

It was probably just at the curtain when he hugged him.

Paige looking like Jeffree Star here

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

I agree with you, but like with every pwg show it was still a blast. I just wanna say. Hero made Cobb look like a million bucks. Also Hero might be the nicest dude in wrestling. He is always just willing to chat and hang out with fans.

I think now that Ricochet and O'Reilly have slowed down a bit from the ridiculous tear they were on 1-2 years ago, Chris Hero is probably my favorite wrestler in the world right now. He's just so loving good night in and night out and can get anybody over.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think now that Ricochet and O'Reilly have slowed down a bit from the ridiculous tear they were on 1-2 years ago, Chris Hero is probably my favorite wrestler in the world right now. He's just so loving good night in and night out and can get anybody over.

Agreed 110 percent.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Who the hell is Jeff Cobb?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

C. Everett Koop posted:

Some promoter's brother.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Deathlove posted:

Some promoter's brother.

I choose to believe he's ZANDIG's brother.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Isn't that Matanza

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Isn't that Matanza

Yes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm pretty sure they can afford a 6 pack of Natty Light and a sandwich

You are confusing the Ultraviolent Icon with one of the people he books.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Had heard 2-3 months ago she was working out in the ring again to see how it felt again. She offers a lot of fresh match ups now hope she returns even on a very selective basis.
Same, I think a lot of places would benefit from just having her around. WSU could definitely use Mercedes to whip the locker room and booker into shape.

Shortlist of match wishes:
Mercedes Martinez v Nicole Savoy for the Heart of SHIMMER title
MM v Taylor Made for the SHINE title
MM v Deonna Purrazzo, in SHIMMER or WWR
MM v Kellie Skater at SHIMMER

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
I don't know if he's come down in price now that he's attempting to be at least semi-active, but if you guys heard Zandig's asking price before all of this, you'd laugh so hard. Mind you, he gave that price as a way to make it worth his time if someone was dumb enough to want him, but still. Absurdly high.

I'm biased since I'm a huge fan of deathmatch wrestling and his style, but I think that even in his older age, he can be a good commodity to any promoter if used right. I think the way that his "feud" with Joey Janela has been done has been outstanding, and really sets GCW's show apart from the pack when it comes to deathmatch tournament shows this year. They stand to do really well with that one, it looks like.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

His price is a lot lower now than it was before, to the point that there was a story about a promoter who passed on him because he thought that he couldn't have been the real Zandig because the price was relatively reasonable.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
ok i'll bite. was it in the four figures?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

ok i'll bite. was it in the four figures?

Zandig doesn't get out of bed for four figures, boy.

(Actually, I have no idea. I just wanted to make that joke.)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Zandig doesn't get out of bed for four figures, boy.

(Actually, I have no idea. I just wanted to make that joke.)

That's because he doesn't own a bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/734533493695336449