Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

orcinus posted:

Before you do, watch this and don't be a prick:
https://youtu.be/Q5WQipHLzog

That's a good video, thanks for linking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/734123194911621120

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/734123725587501056

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

It's like a chibi X-wing with yet another poorly thought out cockpit frame.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

runsamok posted:

I wish the same. I'm still happy with my animated kitties though.

Oh, I still love my Dangan Ronpa avvie. I just wanna be a Smartie like the cool kids.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Man, if this thing weren't so broken as gently caress, there'd be so much potential for comedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBZVrC8d1A
Also looks like they still haven't understood how to simulate the most basic elements of newtonian physics in an effective way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIBnSrF3wHw Did they say they were trying to implement a new physics system from scratch or something?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

It looks like poo poo (too much engine for the airspaceplane). Also, is this one of those that will come after launch?
Lastly, wasn't this supposed to have 360 gun coverage or sth?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Cool ship, can't wait to buy!!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dante80 posted:

It looks like poo poo (too much engine for the airspaceplane). Also, is this one of those that will come after launch?

It does! Using the fidelitous physics in StarEngine, you can just spin around and fire in any direction!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

runsamok posted:

It's like a chibi X-wing with yet another poorly thought out cockpit frame.

Ah so they're just openly selling dreams now, why would any space pirate want to advertise their intentions?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
So how much is this DLC ship, $5? $10, maybe?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Enchanted Hat posted:

So how much is this DLC ship, $5? $10, maybe?

$110. Its a steal, literally.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can you imagine just slowly following B'tak around with a wing of Pirate ships, not doing anything until he flips out and has a nervous breakdown?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Dante80 posted:

Why are a half dozen guns shoved in right next to the engines? Wouldn't they overheat?

Still trying to figure out whether those trapezoids with grills on the end are MORE ENGINE or MORE GUN.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Can you imagine just slowly following B'tak around with a wing of Pirate ships, not doing anything until he flips out and has a nervous breakdown?

Sorry, I am going to HAVE to do the inverted cockpit to cockpit move the whole time. Need to ramp up the strain, so he snaps and finally attacks me for my precision flying. I want to imagine his tears when he gets locked up in his wank pod for being a bad boy.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Murderion posted:

Still trying to figure out whether those trapezoids with grills on the end are MORE ENGINE or MORE GUN.

They look like air hydrogen scoops for refueling or sth...

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Space jolly rogers on the wings

:psyduck:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dante80 posted:

They look like air hydrogen scoops for refueling or sth...

Those are intake scoops for Big Benny deliveries IN SPACE! Dreams, folks, dreams indeed.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Danknificent posted:

So a jolly roger is a flag that you can take down when you need to surprise someone or go back to civilization. Do these pirates have to repaint their ships each time they want to go incognito?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

They pulled the same stunt with 2.0 back in Dec. It's par for the course.

The thing is cultists will forgive anything and CIG knows it:

Meanwhile over at the international community:

[comments in between [] are mine]

random cultist posted:

Seriously, I have just seen a few videos of 2.4 with the beginnings of persistence and it looks awesome!!! It is really so immersive [honestly, wtf, I swear to god I have to restrain myself]... such a good job they are doing... Star citizen realism will not be comparable with any other simulator o video game that I have seen... This universse, if they continue to do it like this I think we will never would want to leave it anymore. Such beauty.

And this quote is 100% unironic, no trolls in this site.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

It's been a while since we had a Branson meltdown! Where you at dawg?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dante80 posted:

The cultists have probably forgottten all about that by now.

But that little fact about all ships after the Endeavor (Sabre probably being an exception) being at risk of not being launch (launch, haha) should be broadcasted to all corners of the globe to be honest. Every day, every minute.

Ref: min 28:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3IFegeJ61w

Are you?

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 21, 2016

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Ayn Marx posted:

It's been a while since we had a Branson meltdown! Where you at dawg?

Like you fuckin' need to call that guy back. He'll drop by again in no time, no worries.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Looks dumb as gently caress. Like ships from Wing Commander.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Danknificent posted:

What's the over/under on that design being archer'd?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

There's a lot of interesting stuff that goes into sci-fi weapon (and armor, for that matter) design.

But for me the bottom line of it is that I think the current modern day G36 is a boring, ugly, lazy design, and I think any sci-fi weapon based off of it is at the bottom of the barrel of acceptability - actually gently caress that, it's unacceptable.

Now, that's all totally independent of how the G36 actually performs - I'm sure it's a fantastic weapon or whatever, but it just looks like a boring uninspired piece of poo poo.

There's already such a huge roadmap for designing future guns, be it from modifying current or historical firearms or designing them from scratch, that using a lovely G36 clone is just about the worst design decision they could have made.

Actually, not so much- you apparently missed it, but it turns out that the G36 is a fundamentally flawed design and it was a huge controversy last year. Due to its polymer construction it becomes hideously inaccurate under sustained firing conditions, but it can also become unacceptably inaccurate due to ambient temperature and humidity conditions. The German military concluded it was an issue inherent to the platform and ceased purchasing new G36's in early 2015 in favor of the HK416 (though they also subsequently concluded it did not have major problems in combat conditions and stopped searching for a replacement- read into that what you will).

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 21, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

now imagine the polycount getting obliterated to make it work in that potato they call a video game engine

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

also lol single seat fighter

how do you get to your wank pod? is there even a wank pod?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

LGD posted:

Actually, not so much- you apparently missed it, but it turns out that the G36 is a fundamentally flawed design and it was a huge controversy last year. Due to its polymer construction it becomes hideously inaccurate under sustained firing conditions, but it can also become unacceptably inaccurate due to ambient temperature and humidity conditions. The German military concluded it was an issue inherent to the platform and ceased purchasing new G36's in early 2015 in favor of the HK416 (though they also subsequently concluded it did not have major problems in combat conditions and stopped searching for a replacement- read into that what you will).

Well there you go - it looks like a malnourished dump AND it sucks to use. Better base our whole FPS around using a Tonka-toy version of it with future-bits glued on the side.

Seriously what the gently caress even is this

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
MoMA i know you ignore most posts that are tearing you apart, repeatedly, about everything you say.

I get that it's about you getting your message out there and working against the narrative, but something you don't realize is you are giving everyone a masterclass in how loving wrong you are when you come here and constantly point out specific lies to try and defend them.

The only way to defend star citizen is with vague claims about bullshit that can't be proven. You coming in and trying to argue specifics has given an entire encyclopedia series on why we are right, not subjectively but every literal objective reason down to court cases, testimonials, past history, literal proof, insider sources, industry standards, government regulations and anything else.

It's the same thing as when Octopode would come in and make claims about any number of things that people with actual knowledge would refute him on directly. The Engine? Positioning? Game Development? Hiring Practices? Wages? All of these elaborately explained to the end result of star citizen being an impossible scam.

You are doing more to point out how much of a scam Star Citizen really is that anyone else put together. Most people here are just posting speculation and waiting for actual developments, you are dragging every lie right out into the spotlight and then evaporating like a gay genie when it's under fire.

Feel free to ignore this to argue minutiae about something completely stupid though.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I am the air intakes in space, AMA

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Where does the fidelity ladder go on my new X-Wing jpeg?

It's all covered in pirate paraphernalia and I can't figure out how to get my SpaceDoll to get inside it, CIG plz help

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah I guess you could say I'm kind of a bad boy when it comes to shitposting.

One time I posted a picture of a dogge and I hadn't even snyped the page

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

Well there you go - it looks like a malnourished dump AND it sucks to use. Better base our whole FPS around using a Tonka-toy version of it with future-bits glued on the side.

A misfire and catastrophic misfeed waiting to happen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The entire idea of there being special ships just for pirates is so loving dumb. What pirate would want a ship that says "Hey i'm a big scary pirate" the second it comes up on radar?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I guess you could say I'm kind of a bad boy when it comes to shitposting.

One time I posted a picture of a dogge and I hadn't even snyped the page

Thank you that cooled off my irrational anger over chris roberts being a massive loving hack.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wafflz posted:

Thank you that cooled off my irrational anger over chris roberts being a massive loving hack.

Not when I remind you that the ship costs $110.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Not when I remind you that the ship costs $110.

Nah I think that's funny.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao, that rifle has about a 2 inch barrel when you account for the chamber

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

gently caress me. The physics in this game just look worse and worse. Whoever originally said it was noclip movement was bang on. Watching these big ships twitch and spin with absolutely no momentum (inertia?) is hilarious. I look forward to even bigger ships being jammed into the engine and watching them behave in exactly the same way.

gently caress, how this is apparently still pulling in millions of dollars a month is absolutely mind boggling. Like seriously insane. What. The. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Hmm yes this gun is great for stealth, until your blue LED alarm clock goes off that you forgot you set.

That pirate ship is like a 5 year olds idea of the perfect ship. I thought the whole point of being a pirate, is to blend in, not stand out?

• Locked thread