Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also ##unvote because i had no idea my joke vote was still on flerp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wanted to take exception to TMM's characterization of AR as "skating along" (because yeah, D1) but I think it's right. AR is posting a whole lot, but it's a whole lot of nothing. Looks like deliberately trying to extend jokephase? None of AR's posts are actually game related, even a little bit.

##vote absurd revolver

Reads to me more like someone trying to find something worth discussing and failing. He and I are both kinda new, so a certain level of effort-posting is kinda inevitable.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
ok i am not sure i'm going to be able to vote again before the end of this round so i'm just gonna hold on pinterest for now i guess

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still don't see how ARev (it's gonna a thing!) is doing anything different to other people and I think the explanation for those votes are weak.

TMMadman posted:

He ends up leaving his vote on someone who self voted as a joke. It doesn't sit right with me and feels like he's trying to force a bad lynch.

Particularly this looks like an attempt to justify after the fact. It doesn't vibe with TM's earlier comment of "skating along". I think if TM really believed this he would have used different language earlier.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I completely agree with Rarity.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Rarity puts together a better argument than I could have at this point. I really am not an active poster on day 1.

Since we're getting close, I'm going to go with the person desperately trying to build a late day case.

##vote: Pinterest Mom

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think tmman is being scummy. hes just throwing out names like here

TMMadman posted:

Hmmm....

I think PMom is being dumb, but it's probably not scum for voting me.

However, I also don't really like Rarity coming back and doubling down on her vote. She often fakes confidence on her D1 vote when she is scum. I didn't think anything was wrong with tpinks comment that has Rarity up in arms.

I don't know what CPig is doing with his tpink vote. It feels like he's mocking me with his reasoning. I could probably vote for him.

But I think I'll move to ##vote Absurd Revolver because it seems like he's just trying to skate along.

just to see what poo poo sticks as he throws them at the wall, then some poo poo about ~ and w/e who cares it was a dumb (rhymes with scum!) derail and then "oh ar is scum for joke voting flerp" and only him for some reason even though 3 other people voted and hes just like "well obv those 3 guys are joke voting but you AR :argh:". also note he voted for AR first and then justified his AR vote w/ the joke vote explanation as well as a flimsy "hes trying to skate by" explanation when every1 is p active. idk out of everyone else he was the most hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm to me. he was also like the first guy to serious post what a jerk D1 jokephase is the best (not part of my actual reasoning just a joke)

##vote TMMadman

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 1 :downsgun:

tpink (2): CapitalistPig, Rarity, jon joe, CapitalistPig, jon joe, CapitalistPig
Pinterest Mom (2): Concerned Citizen, Absurd Revolver
TMMadman (2): Pinterest Mom, Li Dawny, Pinterest Mom, flerp
Absurd Revolver (2): CapitalistPig, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, Pinterest Mom
CapitalistPig (1): vector_to
Rarity (1): TMMadman, dongsbot 9000, TMMadman
flerp (1): flerp, jon joe, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, flerp
Concerned Citizen (0): Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver
dongsbot 9000 (0): flerp, flerp

Not Voting (1): tpink :nono:

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 21st, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 52 minutes.

The breeze has died down, and the sunset is beautiful.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think there's a little more to go on with TM than Pmom ##vote TM

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rarity posted:

I think there's a little more to go on with TM than Pmom ##vote TM

This close to deadline, I'm inclined to agree.

##vote: TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

Look at all these scummy votes hitting me.

Rarity is now confirmed scum. Sorry you keep rolling scum Rarity.

AR is also probably scum because look at him just float his votes all over the place. I am unsure about Lil, but I suspect they might actually be scum.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

:laffo:

Look at all these scummy votes hitting me.

Rarity is now confirmed scum. Sorry you keep rolling scum Rarity.

AR is also probably scum because look at him just float his votes all over the place. I am unsure about Lil, but I suspect they might actually be scum.

This is some supremely scummy stuff. Call everyone else scum when you're going down instead of defending yourself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

This is some supremely scummy stuff. Call everyone else scum when you're going down instead of defending yourself.

Hahaha, yeah, you're definitely scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Seriously, everyone should read this post and realize that AR is scum.

His accusation is that I shouldn't call people scum and instead 'defend' myself.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

"You're scum!"

"No you're scum!"

Nice constructive arguments going down here. At least AR is putting some effort in and giving a justification. Not liking TMM's attempts at labelling AR and Lil as scum, when their floaty posts are almost certainly just because they're kinda new.

##vote TMMadman

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, everyone should read this post and realize that AR is scum.

His accusation is that I shouldn't call people scum and instead 'defend' myself.

yeah because if you were town, you'd defend your claim instead of casting blame on three different people at once.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Hahaha, yeah, you're definitely scum.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me suspect you more. You seem so very convinced that AR is scum, yet I can't figure out why. No one else seems sure of themselves, just like they have small suspicions like I do, but you are 1000% sure of your guess.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh TM, you and you're meta

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vector_to posted:

"You're scum!"

"No you're scum!"

Nice constructive arguments going down here. At least AR is putting some effort in and giving a justification. Not liking TMM's attempts at labelling AR and Lil as scum, when their floaty posts are almost certainly just because they're kinda new.

##vote TMMadman

AR has played more than enough games to be considered new. And I am giving Lil the benefit of the doubt right now because she is new.

And AR isn't giving any justification at all. Look at his vote for me:

Absurd Revolver posted:

This close to deadline, I'm inclined to agree.

##vote: TMM

There is no justification, all he's doing is hopping on an easy vote.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

AR has played more than enough games to be considered new. And I am giving Lil the benefit of the doubt right now because she is new.

And AR isn't giving any justification at all. Look at his vote for me:

There is no justification, all he's doing is hopping on an easy vote.

I don't want a no-lynch, and there wasn't enough support for pmom, it's pretty simple knucklehead

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

This is the kind of stuff that makes me suspect you more. You seem so very convinced that AR is scum, yet I can't figure out why. No one else seems sure of themselves, just like they have small suspicions like I do, but you are 1000% sure of your guess.

I'm convinced because he isn't actually making arguments as to why he thinks people are scum, he's just jumping on a vote train and seeing what happens. It's dishonest play and he's certainly scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

I don't want a no-lynch, and there wasn't enough support for pmom, it's pretty simple knucklehead

See, look at this 'justification'. He's now claiming he doesn't want a no lynch, even though there are still 3 hours left in the day.

He isn't interested in actually trying to hunt scum because he is scum.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

See, look at this 'justification'. He's now claiming he doesn't want a no lynch, even though there are still 3 hours left in the day.

He isn't interested in actually trying to hunt scum because he is scum.

I'll hunt scum when you flip, and we'll have plenty of leads to go on then.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And for the new people, I always look for scum in the people attacking me. I'm sure some of the regulars can attest to that fact, so me saying 'These people voting me are scum' is not out of the ordinary for me.

But I'm going out for a bike ride now and I should be back in about an hour or so.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

I'll hunt scum when you flip, and we'll have plenty of leads to go on then.

This is just another point against you. You should hunt scum now because I'm not scum and saying you want to flip me for 'information' is terribly scummy.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

And for the new people, I always look for scum in the people attacking me. I'm sure some of the regulars can attest to that fact, so me saying 'These people voting me are scum' is not out of the ordinary for me.

But I'm going out for a bike ride now and I should be back in about an hour or so.

Always means nothing, because you could have gotten scum this game, and so we should disregard any "meta" reads of past performances.

TMMadman posted:

This is just another point against you. You should hunt scum now because I'm not scum and saying you want to flip me for 'information' is terribly scummy.

A no-lynch means no flip, means no leads.

You have been aggressively coming out at me since we were still presumably in joke phase, lied to justify your vote, and have been accusing anyone who votes for you for being scum on day loving one.

:getout:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Where did I lie to justify my vote?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AR's behaviour rn is seriously garbage. Voting me because I'm making a case and then immediately switching to TMM after no time at all has passed because I'm not getting traction hours before deadline is

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

Where did I lie to justify my vote?

flerp posted:

i think tmman is being scummy. hes just throwing out names like here

just to see what poo poo sticks as he throws them at the wall, then some poo poo about ~ and w/e who cares it was a dumb (rhymes with scum!) derail and then "oh ar is scum for joke voting flerp" and only him for some reason even though 3 other people voted and hes just like "well obv those 3 guys are joke voting but you AR :argh:". also note he voted for AR first and then justified his AR vote w/ the joke vote explanation as well as a flimsy "hes trying to skate by" explanation when every1 is p active. idk out of everyone else he was the most hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm to me. he was also like the first guy to serious post what a jerk D1 jokephase is the best (not part of my actual reasoning just a joke)

##vote TMMadman

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

What does this even mean? You aren't actually saying anything. You're using flerps words to try and say I lied and that makes absolutely no sense.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And I'm heading out for my ride now, back in an hour.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
rarity scum vote rarity

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm back from my ride and still sitting at -2. I'm guessing there are 2 scum votes on me right now. I think it's AR for sure and probably Rarity. Although the second one might be either Li Downey/vector as newbie scum. I feel like flerp is probably town because even though his vote is wrong, he is at least using his own reasoning.

Li Downey starts the voting on me with this reason:

Li Dawny posted:

But there are three other people, including flerp, who are still voting flerp, but you're fixated on AR. It seems to me that you're just trying to find a reason to throw suspicion on him and that feels weird, so

##vote TMMadman

I don't quite get this reasoning because the entire game is to throw suspicion on people and see how they react to it. I responded to Li by stating exactly why I voted AR over the other votes, but he(she?) just kind of skipped over it.

I'm not quite sure what to think of vector because I believe he is new, but his reason for voting me doesn't sit well with me:

vector_to posted:

"You're scum!"

"No you're scum!"

##vote TMMadman

I'm not sure why or how he thinks AR is putting in effort or justification. I don't know if this is new scum or not.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 1 :downsgun:

TMMadman (5): Pinterest Mom, Li Dawny, Pinterest Mom, flerp, Rarity, Absurd Revolver, vector_to
Absurd Revolver (2): CapitalistPig, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, Pinterest Mom
tpink (1): CapitalistPig, Rarity, jon joe, CapitalistPig, jon joe, CapitalistPig, Rarity
Rarity (1): TMMadman, dongsbot 9000, TMMadman
Pinterest Mom (1): Concerned Citizen, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver
flerp (1): flerp, jon joe, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, flerp
CapitalistPig (0): vector_to, vector_to
Concerned Citizen (0): Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver
dongsbot 9000 (0): flerp, flerp

Not Voting (1): tpink :nono:

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 21st, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 30 minutes.

The sun has nearly set. The shadows are lengthening, as a cool breeze wafts in.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

So I'm back from my ride and still sitting at -2. I'm guessing there are 2 scum votes on me right now. I think it's AR for sure and probably Rarity. Although the second one might be either Li Downey/vector as newbie scum. I feel like flerp is probably town because even though his vote is wrong, he is at least using his own reasoning.

Li Downey starts the voting on me with this reason:

I don't quite get this reasoning because the entire game is to throw suspicion on people and see how they react to it. I responded to Li by stating exactly why I voted AR over the other votes, but he(she?) just kind of skipped over it.

I'm not quite sure what to think of vector because I believe he is new, but his reason for voting me doesn't sit well with me:

I'm not sure why or how he thinks AR is putting in effort or justification. I don't know if this is new scum or not.

Scum, scum, everywhere, but please don't look at me!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, it should be noted that this is exactly what scum want for the day. They have a town player sitting at -2 and are just waiting for other town to come in and vote me because I'm the lynch leader with an hour and a half to go until the deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Scum, scum, everywhere, but please don't look at me!

You are blatantly transparent here and I don't know why other people are buying it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I don't think that TMM is scum and I'm not voting for him.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

You are blatantly transparent here and I don't know why other people are buying it.

All I'm doing is pointing out how your only defense is "I'm town so everyone voting for me, for whatever reason they have, must be scum!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

All I'm doing is pointing out how your only defense is "I'm town so everyone voting for me, for whatever reason they have, must be scum!"

So what exactly should me defense be? I am pointing out the people voting me who I think are scum and why I think they are scum. That is how I play the game.

• Locked thread