Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVWIVOdUSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

I remember seeing the guy that played Neelix in some "creating stellar customer relationships" VHS tape we had to watch at work. No clue if that was pre or post Voyager.

That reminds me, can anyone tell me if its worth it to subscribe to Neelix? I have heard good things about House of Cards and Kimmy Schmidt.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Microwaves Mom posted:

Deep Space 9 was better.

A lot of nerds posted:

Babylon 5 was even better still.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

That reminds me, can anyone tell me if its worth it to subscribe to Neelix? I have heard good things about House of Cards and Kimmy Schmidt.

house of cards is good

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
kevin spacey calls indie gamers retards

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Sweet tnx

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i used to watch this show on the phone with a girl and she hated the klingon plots and i hated the kazon plots oh the times we had

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

FuhrerHat posted:

i used to watch this show on the phone with a girl and she hated the klingon plots and i hated the kazon plots oh the times we had

im sorry are you trying to get gay or am i at a fruitless half mast as always

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

Her race of people carry their babies between their shoulder blades and the baby comes out their butts. They die at 7 and when they meditate they can see sub-atomic particles.

Didn't she come back as some insane intra-dimensional space god or something?

The only episode I liked was "Year in Hell" where they actually had to deal with stuff like the ship breaking down and dwindling supplies. I feel like the series really lost an opportunity by not showing the ship slowly degrading and facing issues of survivalism. Yeah they threw in some borg tech but it would have been pretty cool if they would have lost a nacelle and then welded on half of a borg cube or something.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
I'm currently going through this entire series and I'm now in season 2. There are so many wasted opportunities and stupid plots. Ones that could have been excellent always end up being some temporal anomaly or waved away, whereas the complete turds are what actually happen. Ah, well.

Also, Mulgrew apparently hated Ryan, and caused her to become nauseous before shooting scenes together.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

RVWinkle posted:

Didn't she come back as some insane intra-dimensional space god or something?

The only episode I liked was "Year in Hell" where they actually had to deal with stuff like the ship breaking down and dwindling supplies. I feel like the series really lost an opportunity by not showing the ship slowly degrading and facing issues of survivalism. Yeah they threw in some borg tech but it would have been pretty cool if they would have lost a nacelle and then welded on half of a borg cube or something.

It had been explained that her people were modified to die at 7, but some had figured out how to live past 7 and also get telekinetic abilities. It was all somewhat vague.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I didn't read any of the posts in this thread but I assume I'm the first to remark upon seven of nines large boobies and how I'd like to have freaky Borg sex with her

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

remember when george from seinfeld stole seven of nine, ha ha ha

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the ship has limited power and they have to ration out replicator credits and eat only alien vegetables Neelix can scavenge and Tom Paris has enough energy to run his bar in France holodeck program every night.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I like how the ship has limited power and they have to ration out replicator credits and eat only alien vegetables Neelix can scavenge and Tom Paris has enough energy to run his bar in France holodeck program every night.

It was explained in the show that the holodeck had it's own nuclear reactor or something as a power source, that for some inexplicable reason was incompatible with the systems on the rest of the ship.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

nvrmnd

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 22, 2022

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

criscodisco posted:

It was explained in the show that the holodeck had it's own nuclear reactor or something as a power source, that for some inexplicable reason was incompatible with the systems on the rest of the ship.

Probably because the rest of the ship uses those biological paks that neelix kills with moldy cheese

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Velisarius posted:

Also, Mulgrew apparently hated Ryan, and caused her to become nauseous before shooting scenes together.

Never knew it was that bad. I also read that Beltran wanted to leave the show so he asked for some outrageous sum of money thinking the network would never pay it, which of course they did.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 22, 2022

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I know someone who worked on most of the Trek series, starting with the Motion Picture, all the way to DS9. He's proudest of his work on Voyager.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

genesplicer posted:

I know someone who worked on most of the Trek series, starting with the Motion Picture, all the way to DS9. He's proudest of his work on Voyager.

yeah i know some loving imbeciles as well

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe he does makeup or something

Threshold literally won an Emmy for makeup

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

genesplicer posted:

all of star trek is good

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
even nemesis :twisted:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Shaquin posted:

even nemesis :twisted:

You've gone too far this time!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
There was another episode where the Vulcan and the short, weird alien cook guy's personalities are fused into one person. That was a pretty good episode.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

genesplicer posted:

Honestly though, for the time and the budget, Voyager had some pretty great production values, so I can see why he'd be proud.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Maybe he does makeup or something

Threshold literally won an Emmy for makeup

No, illustration/design. He did most of the ships/interiors in voyager, as well as the displays. He got his Emmy for Carl Sagan's "Cosmos".

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I met Garret Wang in real life and he was cool enough that I have to totally reevaluate Star Trek Voyager

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Luxury Communism posted:

daily reminder that all janeway had to do was give Q a blowjob and she could have gotten her whole crew home and she instead chose to endanger everyone's lives needlessly over seven boring-rear end seasons.

Same but with some random alien dude from that hedonism empire.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The only Star Trek I ever watched. Borg lady gave me boners.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
This was on at night and I've seen a handful of episodes for example when the doctor went down on some planet and had a wife even tho his a hologram or robot

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
wait a minute who is holograms

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
why are their holograms

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i like goldengrams

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
They're called holograms because the're made of light, i.e. literally hollow.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
the doctors a hologram

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Isaac posted:

the doctors a hologram

spoiler alert

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Squalitude posted:

They're called holograms because the're made of light, i.e. literally hollow.

ho come in the movie Hollow Man the inside of him is still there but the outside is invisible

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
idont truck with hologram doctors tupac is fine but being a doctor is a serious job and a space doctor at least 1 and a half times more serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Isaac posted:

ho come in the movie Hollow Man the inside of him is still there but the outside is invisible

hg wells was an idiot