Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
It's MacLeod, guys.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh, and the episode with the mentally retarded immortal. Holy poo poo.

Is that the one who beheads himself by laying on train tracks?

My dad has like ten box sets of the Highlander show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of which, I was not expecting Eric's reaction to the TV series at the end of the episode.
Yeah, I've seen maybe half of the first movie but the show was completely my jam as a kid.

But it's also in that weird hazy spot in my brain along with stuff like Gargoyles where I remember the premise and the theme and a handful of moments but no actual episodes. I can't even remember what Richie's role was except "peek shockedly around corners while The Highlander fights people".

Look at this loving intro, it's so 90s it hurts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJt9p-sHho

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 18, 2016

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I watched the cartoon and nothing else.
The guys accidentally summarized at least two Doctor Who episodes - the Dickens and Shakespeare ones.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

The guys accidentally summarized at least two Doctor Who episodes - the Dickens and Shakespeare ones.

"Oh, fifty-seven academics just punched the air."

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Actually when they tried to figure out how The Quickening suddenly gave Connery superpowers I was reminded of the 'regeneration energy' shenanigans. I think I'm about to write Highlander/Doctor Who fanfiction that's just two angry old Scotsmen growling at each other in incomprehensible accents.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, I've seen maybe half of the first movie but the show was completely my jam as a kid.

But it's also in that weird hazy spot in my brain along with stuff like Gargoyles where I remember the premise and the theme and a handful of moments but no actual episodes. I can't even remember what Richie's role was except "peek shockedly around corners while The Highlander fights people".

Look at this loving intro, it's so 90s it hurts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJt9p-sHho

The show had Queen as a theme song so it automatically has one of the best themes ever.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In the hell scape of 90's syndicated television Highlander at least put some effort into things by doing a bunch of on-location shooting in Europe instead of having the entire show take place in Toronto or New Zealand like everybody else.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Guy Mann posted:

In the hell scape of 90's syndicated television Highlander at least put some effort into things by doing a bunch of on-location shooting in Europe instead of having the entire show take place in Toronto or New Zealand like everybody else.

To be fair, half of each season was in Canada (Vancouver, I'm pretty sure). They even named the city Seacouver, as a cross between Seattle and Vancouver. The show was a joint venture between companies in Canada and France I think, so halfway through each season the characters would literally move between the two cities. "I miss Paris, let's move back to that barge!"

The show was entertaining, and kind of holds up as a time capsule, very silly show. Some arcs were great, and some were just awful (demon body snatchers, dark quickening both come to mind). But they introduced some fun characters (Methos and a recurring character played by Roger Daltrey, mainly. I also liked Amanda), and in season 2 added the Watchers, which was a legit good addition to that world.

Highlander: Endgame was...alright. It was really the end of Duncan's story, and not a very good one. I liked the stuff with both Duncan and Conner, but the villain was terrible, and "Faith" was an awful addition, when they could have just used Amanda.

It had a great fight between Adrian Paul and Donnie Yen, though, so I can't hate it. Even if it's short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5dzAUJhe9U

I have never and will never watch Highlander: The Source. It's a bridge too far.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm not sure how they plan on making an episode of Kindergarten Cop 2. It's so bad.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

thrawn527 posted:

Am I wrong, or are they pronouncing the director's name weird? His name is Russel Mulcahy (which I read as Mul-kay-hee), and they keep saying is like Mulackey. At one point Steve even said Mulcahy, then corrected to Mulackey. Weird.

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I've seen other ways to spell that name but it always gets pronounced "Mul-kay-hee."

Source: Thats my real last name, and that's how it's pronounced. To be fair, everyone butchers it at some point or another, so the boys botching it as Mulackey is par for the course.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Have the people mispronouncing that name ever seen an episode of MASH?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Croisquessein posted:

It's MacLeod, guys.

Is that the one who beheads himself by laying on train tracks?

My dad has like ten box sets of the Highlander show.

Yeah. It was very Of Mice and Men.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

bobkatt013 posted:

You should watch The Source. The show in the last season added demons and other nonsense.

I rented it from Blockbuster years ago. The guy at the counter actually warned me. When I got home, the disc was unplayable. I decided to listen to what the universe was telling me and didn't try again.

duz posted:

If you liked the show at all, that really helped Endgame be better than 2 & 3. Nothing beats that giant blurred JVC logo though.

I myself liked the show and watched the first 3 seasons or so. I went to Endgame with 2 other people;. One was a guy who adored the first movie, hated 2 and 3, and did the "NOT MY HIGHLANDER" bit with the TV show and the other was a girl who had never seen the TV show or other movies and had in fact never even heard of them.

When we left, she was the only one who liked it. She wasn't very bright.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Oh hey... Civil War On-Screen out of nowhere

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2016/05/whm-on-screen-captain-america-civil-war.html

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

That has to be the longest cast roll in any blurb yet.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh God no matter what their opinion on that movie is I hope they're buckled in for more READ A loving COMIC SAJDAK letters

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh God no matter what their opinion on that movie is I hope they're buckled in for more READ A loving COMIC SAJDAK letters

Nobody should read Civil War.

Unless it's MightyGodKing's awesome Civil War edits. Everyone should read those.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Nobody should read Civil War.
As someone who followed it in real time, I wholeheartedly agree.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Funny, I keep getting people recommending me to read Civil War before seeing the movie.

I should probably stop talking to those people.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MariusLecter posted:

Funny, I keep getting people recommending me to read Civil War before seeing the movie.

I should probably stop talking to those people.

The only reason to read Civil War before seeing the movie is to get a better appreciation for just how well they managed to unfuck it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I appreciate that Andrew went straight into questions about the Vision's junk when he found out that he has kids with Scarlet Witch. Don't worry, it's a pressing question when you're reading the comics too.

Sadly, they are made more out of magic than android sperm. No Son of the Mask Vision sequences for us.

Ror fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 20, 2016

Stacks
Apr 22, 2016
What movies do the guys recommend? Not expecting a full list or whatever but Chopping Mall and Tough Turf were great episodes because they loved the movie they were talking about.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hard Target. I don't care how many times I have to keep recommending it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Ror posted:

No Son of the Mask Vision sequences for us.

Hey man, Avengers 3 has two movies to fill. Never say never!

Stacks posted:

What movies do the guys recommend? Not expecting a full list or whatever but Chopping Mall and Tough Turf were great episodes because they loved the movie they were talking about.

Was Tough Turf the one with that amazing "I walk the night" song? Because that was an amazing episode. Pray For Death was another great one, and a big recommend from the boys, iirc.

Stacks
Apr 22, 2016

Crowetron posted:

Was Tough Turf the one with that amazing "I walk the night" song?

Yeah

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012
Blind Fury is probably the most positive episode I can recall, they adore that movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mortal Koooombaaaat

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Teen Witch is a We Love Movies. It gets called "great" twice before the theme music has even faded.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The only thing that made me roll my eyes about their Civil War ep was when they went on about how refreshingly little "magic" there was in the movie due to Hulk & Thor's absence, even though there's a prominently featured character called SCARLET WITCH who has Vaguely Defined Mind Powers that require a lot of dramatic hand gestures.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Illinois Smith posted:

The only thing that made me roll my eyes about their Civil War ep was when they went on about how refreshingly little "magic" there was in the movie due to Hulk & Thor's absence, even though there's a prominently featured character called SCARLET WITCH who has Vaguely Defined Mind Powers that require a lot of dramatic hand gestures.

They also were way too willing to sell out poor Bucky. Come on guys, he was tortured and brainwashed!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, I did think that was a little weird. What ends up happening in the movie is pretty much objectively the right way to deal with Bucky. Tony's motivation can basically be summed up as "I am a tremendous loving ding-dong who cannot comprehend the word 'brainwashed.'"

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

They liked Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, though they liked it less than I do. It's worth watching.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Stacks posted:

Pray For Death!

Also it looks like Kindergarten Cop 2 is up already.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ghost emoji posted:

Also it looks like Kindergarten Cop 2 is up already.

Jesus this is perhaps the funniest one of all time.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

They really like the Speed Racer cartoon, but I'm not sure that counts. I don't think it's actually possible to not enjoy that show

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

A Meat posted:

They really like the Speed Racer cartoon, but I'm not sure that counts. I don't think it's actually possible to not enjoy that show

That episode is what made me realize what a 'tall glass of water' is.
I think at least one of them dislikes the movie, which shouldn't be possible either

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

I think at least one of them dislikes the movie, which shouldn't be possible either

I had no idea what they were talking about for the longest time. Guys like their weed :)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Count Chocula posted:

I think they did not like it until they watched the show and realized how batshit the show was.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

I think they did not like it until they watched the show and realized how batshit the show was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJjYloSkd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

I liked Andrew's realization that the movie was entirely accurate to the tone of the show