Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I like the Usos because I like good tag teams that have good matches, apparently most people aren't into that.

Usos are good but they're kind of tired and could use some refreshening or a new look or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Uso's have gotten pretty bad in the ring lately. They have gotten slower,they have lamer spots, and they are boring as hell.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

They got JBL to say superkick party once so I guess there's that

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
People are always surprised when I bring up the fact that you can hear people responding to "Uce" with "No".

The Usos have been assholes in the feud between AJ and Reigns, too.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Ostentatious posted:

has a stardust feud ever actually worked

The biggest celebrity feud WWE has done in years at last Summerslam?

Cody wanted a celeb match at Wrestlemania, and it could've been decent, but after it happened I don't think he wants to wait another 11 months to bother Amell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

Uso's have gotten pretty bad in the ring lately. They have gotten slower,they have lamer spots, and they are boring as hell.

I remember them having a decent match on a WM and someone really liking it so they ran the exact same match on the RAW following. It didn't go well.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Tonfa posted:

They went heel when they feuded with the face Usos but the crowd did not want to boo dusts and it died horribly

This happened because they stupidly had the Usos go over the Wyatts like three PPVs in a row instead of giving Rowan and Harper the belts like they should have in the 2/3 falls match at... Battleground, I think it was? There weren't any heel teams to oppose the Usos at that point, so they awkwardly pivoted the Dusts and it all kinda fell apart from there. The first couple months of Stardust gimmick while they were just trying to out-weird each other in promo segments were highly entertaining and I will not let the 'Stardust was always bad' revisionism stand.

Also Stardust's theme music is great. RIP.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Their unwillingness to do a face/face feud was really glaring in that whole feud. There was no reason to turn the Dusts heel and it was awkward as hell because nobody really understood why they were supposed to be booing them. They easily could've had a friendly rivalry. It's weird because when the tag division has suffered, in the past they've usually put two prominent upper midcard singles guys together to give it a boost. Instead their solution was to have the Wyatts lose all and then turn likable faces heel and let everyone lose interest. New Day has really been the saving grace of the division.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fumaofthelake posted:

More like "Boo-sos" right boys?

More like u sucks hue hue hue

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
They did heel vs heel with Wyatts and Shield and that was a really hot feud, I don't know why they would have a problem with doing face vs face. They are probably worried that if faces feud, one has to lose standing in the end, which doesnt make much sense.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Better to lose standing organically through boring, heatless feuds.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

The Usos have pretty good matches but everything involving their characters and the storytelling of their feuds is so colorless and boring that it completely counteracts everything else for me. There was a period not long ago where they were the tag champs for what felt like an absolute eternity and it felt like the stalest act ever by the time it was done

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Uso Boring amiright?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
no

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sionistic posted:

They did heel vs heel with Wyatts and Shield and that was a really hot feud, I don't know why they would have a problem with doing face vs face. They are probably worried that if faces feud, one has to lose standing in the end, which doesnt make much sense.

History tells us that face/face ends in a gently caress finish when a heel runs in.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mayostard posted:

Uso Boring amiright?

Yes

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
Wow im actually glad stardust asked for his release. I really dislikes his character

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I will not let the 'Stardust was always bad' revisionism stand.

Also Stardust's theme music is great. RIP.

Agreed and agreed man. Goldust and Stardust's individual themes and their mashup theme are all incredible.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

Wow im actually glad stardust asked for his release. I really dislikes his character

Dashing Cody Rhodes was the best Cody Rhodes.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Dashing Cody Rhodes was the best Cody Rhodes.

I loved Dashing Cody Rhodes! The Smackdown videos where he'd be shaving his legs were hilarious. I've still got a Dashing shirt (with a fake silver mirror on the back) I got for $3 after he had dropped the gimmick.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

My favorite Cody Rhodes was his "Undashing" gimmick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL8EtRg4w5o

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

AMReese posted:

I liked that Cody era. His cool newspaper tron entrance on WM27's huge screen and decent-to-good match with Rey was one of the few highlights of a terrible WM

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

AMReese posted:

God, Cody's career is just one long parade of failed gimmicks. "I know Ted DiBiase's Kid" to "I have a moustache" into "My clearly generically handsome face is flawed" to "The Second Best Goldust in WWE"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

AMReese posted:

the best thing about this gimmick was at the beginning there were a bunch of crybaby nerdos talking about how that loving monster rey mysterio broke poor cody's nose like it was a shoot 619

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

the best thing about this gimmick was at the beginning there were a bunch of crybaby nerdos talking about how that loving monster rey mysterio broke poor cody's nose like it was a shoot 619

I remember there was a weird time on this forum where every one was convinced Rey was wrestlings greatest monster and he hurt every one.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Undashing Cody was the best because it was just him pretending to be Dr. Doom.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Undashing Cody owned. I loved the minitron with the fake newspaper headlines like "GROTESQUE!"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The_Rob posted:

I remember there was a weird time on this forum where every one was convinced Rey was wrestlings greatest monster and he hurt every one.

unsafe worker who injured undertaker on purpose

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The_Rob posted:

Are you saying Rey isn't wrestling's greatest monster?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The_Rob posted:

He killed a guy

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He killed a guy

So what? Kevin Sullivan killed three people with wrestling moves.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Defiance Industries posted:

So what? Kevin Sullivan killed three people with wrestling moves.

When discussing killer wrestlers: Ox Baker > *

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Undashing Cody owned. I loved the minitron with the fake newspaper headlines like "GROTESQUE!"

Here it is without music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9T0S_dx_3g

And here's the original video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eML7xOfVEA

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jesus Christ. And it's the full pic

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/MikeQuackenbush/status/734386637858213888

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola