Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
https://twitter.com/WadeBarrett/statuses/734499407060574208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If nothing else, Vince may respect Cody more for walking when he could have stayed and tread water.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Because the dead ain't got no memory? What kind of weird sex are they into?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
https://twitter.com/PrinceCGR/status/734501299337584641

Sounds like he got sick of creative.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

quote:

first few CAW years of my career
How right he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX1sTrlYDfk

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

easy to take shots at somebody for hitting on developmental divas after youve married one imo

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

From what I can tell, she only started dating Cody after she already went to the main roster, so... not really?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I'm guessing it's just the I'M COMIN' part.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AMReese posted:

From what I can tell, she only started dating Cody after she already went to the main roster, so... not really?

shut up jivjov

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

easy to take shots at somebody for hitting on developmental divas after youve married one imo

easy to take shots at developmental divas when ur a developmentally disabled diva

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

shut up jivjov

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LarryCsonka411/status/734511204853506052

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The best shop job

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Well he did say he'd do this job for free...

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Well that's a pretty unambiguous way of doing it, and all credit to Cody for just saying yeah ok I've had enough now and walking away from it. I hope he's successful in whatever he goes on to do.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

*cody rhodes trashes people asking him to please stop being stardust*

"i'm quitting because they wouldn't let be stop being stardust"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

it's eric young all over again

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
That's sad. I'm gonna miss Cody. On a Twitter note was he ever verified with one of those check things or does that go away after you leave the WWE?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SylvainMustach posted:

That's sad. I'm gonna miss Cody. On a Twitter note was he ever verified with one of those check things or does that go away after you leave the WWE?

That's his personal account which never had one. The Stardust account is still verified

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SylvainMustach posted:

The Stardust account was (and is) verified, Cody's isn't

which is kind of of funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/734512652601466880

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Who's the guy on the left, he looks kind of like a young Bowie

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

oatgan posted:

I mean, if you're doing a very character-based gimmick (that also requires you to deny you were ever yourself), you wouldn't answer those people with "YEAH I KNOW RIGHT?", even if you also think that gimmick sucks.

I hope Cody finds success in the indie scene, he was always a decent worker saddled with mediocre gimmicks and start-stop pushes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

StarkRavingMad posted:

The Stardust account was (and is) verified, Cody's isn't

which is kind of of funny

He's more gimmick than man now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Keg posted:

Who's the guy on the left, he looks kind of like a young Bowie

ted dibiase jr

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dias posted:

I mean, if you're doing a very character-based gimmick (that also requires you to deny you were ever yourself), you wouldn't answer those people with "YEAH I KNOW RIGHT?", even if you also think that gimmick sucks.

I hope Cody finds success in the indie scene, he was always a decent worker saddled with mediocre gimmicks and start-stop pushes.

Plus if you hate something, are aware it's a problem, and are trying to fix it (to no avail), I can't say it's surprising that being told by others "hey, this is a problem, please fix it" would be aggravating

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dias posted:

He could always just not respond

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
That "paint up like your brother" line also gives the impression that it wasn't his idea in the first place. I think a lot of us thought it was something he had pitched just because of how dedicated he seemed to at least be trying to make the character work.

:sad:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wonder if Cody would still be able to use the name Rhodes elsewhere? Obviously his family has used that name in wrestling since before he was born, but it's still not his legal name and I'm guessing there's no reason why they couldn't have trademarked it in his case.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Cabbit posted:

God, Cody's career is just one long parade of failed gimmicks. "I know Ted DiBiase's Kid" to "I have a moustache" into "My clearly generically handsome face is flawed" to "The Second Best Goldust in WWE"

Bland as gently caress to boot. Good riddance

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The hatred towards Cody Rhodes makes no goddamned sense and all of you look ridiculous for feeling that strongly about it.

He was a solid hand in the company, and around the Legacy days he absolutely could have been used for something greater. For gently caress's sake, if they can hitch the company to Reigns and sort of make it work, they absolutely could have made Cody a star. I'm sorry everybody hated Stardust, but it was a great gimmick until the company just stopped caring about it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cody Rhodes stinks!

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

The hatred towards Cody Rhodes makes no goddamned sense and all of you look ridiculous for feeling that strongly about it.

He was a solid hand in the company, and around the Legacy days he absolutely could have been used for something greater. For gently caress's sake, if they can hitch the company to Reigns and sort of make it work, they absolutely could have made Cody a star. I'm sorry everybody hated Stardust, but it was a great gimmick until the company just stopped caring about it.

relax, Eden

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

cody was never good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Bidness posted:

relax, Eden

Leave my boy alone:qq:

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Eat, tweet, delete, repeat

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Grar I'm a monster here to be mean to Cody Rhodes

The beautiful disaster looked bad and the name is dumb!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Grar I'm a monster here to be mean to Cody Rhodes

The beautiful disaster looked bad and the name is dumb!

It's a dumb name but you have Roddy Strong in your avatar, and end of heartache is arguably just as dumb

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yes it is but it also looks like the other guys spine gets turned to dust after so I give it a pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
beautiful disaster is both a better name and a better move than end of heartache and cody rhodes is less of a caw than roddy strong