Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

So are you saying that me and Pmom are scum together?

I wouldn't be surprised if Pmom is scum. You might just be lazy and jumping on a bandwagon vote

Here's Pmom's posting that's making me suspicious:

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

absent a real reason to vote Rar, I think AR is a much better dunk

Voting for AR with no real reason.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Fine ##vote rar

Voting Rarity (which I did too, to be fair).

Next immediate post after voting for Rarity is trying to get a lynch going on me, which as I already explained is a total bullshit case:

Pinterest Mom posted:

i wanna kill tpink - they keep showing up and not giving opinions and they started the bandwagon on rarity
##vote tpink

So for lack of better candidates for today:

##vote Pinterest mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Reading that, I'm actually of the opinion that one of them is scum, but definitely not both.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tpink posted:

Which of course you are ignoring as well.

What is your point here? Just because you call me town, I'm not allowed to think you're scum?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

Reading that, I'm actually of the opinion that one of them is scum, but definitely not both.

Agree, and I am inclined to think that Pmom is scum and TMM just hopped on with a lazy vote. I think coming in with just a "yeah what Pmom said" would be too lazy / risky vote for scum because it's just begging to be called out as a suspicious me-too vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tpink posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pmom is scum. You might just be lazy and jumping on a bandwagon vote

Here's Pmom's posting that's making me suspicious:

Voting for AR with no real reason.

This is completely twisting the situation. PMom's actual reasons for voting AR are here:

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wanted to take exception to TMM's characterization of AR as "skating along" (because yeah, D1) but I think it's right. AR is posting a whole lot, but it's a whole lot of nothing. Looks like deliberately trying to extend jokephase? None of AR's posts are actually game related, even a little bit.

##vote absurd revolver

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

What is your point here? Just because you call me town, I'm not allowed to think you're scum?

No, that post was directed at Pmom and their questioning why I voted for Rarity over you or AR. You are welcome to think whatever you like.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's likely that AR and tpink are scum together, they seem to be pretty invested in defending each other.

AR should have been the vote yesterday and this is the only reason tpink gives for not voting AR:

tpink posted:

Here's my hot take: I don't think AR is scum but apparently I'm the only one. He has actually bothered explaining votes and what he's doing and why. As opposed to, say, dongsbot going "hmm my gut says (X) is scum."

tpink made two real hard calls yesterday and that was to say he thinks I'm town and that he doesn't think AR is scum (which means he thinks AR is town), he doesn't seem to call anyone scum and votes for Rarity just because Rarity was voting for him.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

I think it's likely that AR and tpink are scum together, they seem to be pretty invested in defending each other.

AR should have been the vote yesterday and this is the only reason tpink gives for not voting AR:

tpink made two real hard calls yesterday and that was to say he thinks I'm town and that he doesn't think AR is scum (which means he thinks AR is town), he doesn't seem to call anyone scum and votes for Rarity just because Rarity was voting for him.

You're doing the exact same thing with pmom you moron, don't call out behavior you are actively engaging in.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

You're doing the exact same thing with pmom you moron, don't call out behavior you are actively engaging in.

Except for the fact that I've called multiple people scum.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

Except for the fact that I've called multiple people scum.

You've called almost everyone scum at some point in the thread.

I just claimed either you or pmom could be scum, how does that not count?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

If AR and me were on a scum team together, the DUMBEST thing to do for me would have been to jump in and defend AR the way I have been. We already have a number of people who are ready to lynch him. The way things are going, I think it's likely that AR is going to get lynched soon. So if we were both scum, the right play would have been for me to say "umm yeah I agree vote AR" and try to at least get some town cred that way. I happen to think he's town and I don't really understand the votes for him. I am trying to prevent what I think is a town mis-lynch. I could be wrong but AR reads town to me and he's actually participating, so I don't think he should be the next person to get lynched.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
And poo poo, I don't know, maybe TMM and Pmom are scum buddies together after all? I didn't think so at first given TMM's lazy me-too vote, but now as he's digging in, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

tpink posted:

If AR and me were on a scum team together, the DUMBEST thing to do for me would have been to jump in and defend AR the way I have been.

WIFOM

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I really want to agree with Dong about vector being lurky and weird, but he's not really supporting his argument about AR and people are jumping to back Dong about it, so I'm hesitant.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

This is not a meaningful response but just a lazy way to dismiss an argument.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

tpink posted:

This is not a meaningful response but just a lazy way to dismiss an argument.

not dismissing im just saying what it is

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ok. We still have almost a full day till lynch deadline, so I'd like to hear more people weigh in. I'd also like Pmom to respond to several questions I asked them. I'm not reading anything into them not responding so far because it's the weekend, but it would be helpful to get responses at some point before tomorrow's deadline.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Li Dawny posted:

I really want to agree with Dong about vector being lurky and weird, but he's not really supporting his argument about AR and people are jumping to back Dong about it, so I'm hesitant.

im not here to make arguments im here to make paper

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tpink posted:

Ok. We still have almost a full day till lynch deadline, so I'd like to hear more people weigh in. I'd also like Pmom to respond to several questions I asked them. I'm not reading anything into them not responding so far because it's the weekend, but it would be helpful to get responses at some point before tomorrow's deadline.

I love this post :allears:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tpink posted:

Pmom, let me ask you again - one of your reasons for voting for me was that I was the second person to vote for Rarity (for reasons which I already explained). What is your response to dong being the person who actually started the lynch on Rarity? And do you agree with him voting for AR for basically no good reason other than "gut feel" or whatever?

I don't have a "response" to dong starting the dunk. dong was yelling into the void, and you latched on to it without seeming to actually care about the dunk. I don't really "get" dong's play, but I think that you're scummy for how you played that vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I had explained my reasons for voting Rarity multiple times, including referencing those reasons again in my post to you. Your response is that I had latched on to the Rarity vote "without seeming to actually care about the dunk," which you say was "scummy," which just ignores what I said. Thanks for this very helpful response.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yw

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Cool. Still liking Pmom for scum, with TMM as a runner-up candidate.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tpink posted:

Cool. Still liking Pmom for scum, with TMM as a runner-up candidate.

I think you're wrong about PMom and I know you're wrong about me.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Not sure between Pinterest and tpink, but vector_to seems like a good policy kill at the very least. They're at least a benign kill.

##vote vector_to

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

votefinder posted:

:downsgun: Votecount for Day 1 :downsgun:

Rarity (7): TMMadman, dongsbot 9000, TMMadman, tpink, flerp, Absurd Revolver, dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, Pinterest Mom, Li Dawny
TMMadman (2): Pinterest Mom, Li Dawny, Pinterest Mom, flerp, Rarity, Absurd Revolver, vector_to, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, flerp
vector_to (1): dongsbot 9000
Pinterest Mom (1): Concerned Citizen, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver
flerp (1): flerp, jon joe, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, flerp
tpink (0): CapitalistPig, Rarity, jon joe, CapitalistPig, jon joe, CapitalistPig, Rarity, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (0): vector_to, vector_to
Concerned Citizen (0): Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver
dongsbot 9000 (0): flerp, flerp
Absurd Revolver (0): CapitalistPig, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, Pinterest Mom, TMMadman, Pinterest Mom

Not Voting (0): :nono:

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 21st, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

It's dark. The day is over.

So I'm looking at the end of the day votes for D1 and there are only 3 people left alive who weren't part of the Rarity vote: vector, dongsbot and Citizen. I would normally suspect one of them is likely to be scum, but I'm not sure which one it would be at this time. Dongsbot unvoted right before the lynch and I think it's suspicious, but it would also be a pretty obvious thing to do as scum. However, I also think his pushing vector is also a bit scummy because I'm pretty sure that vector is new and I usually give new players the benefit of the doubt for a day or two, but that might be more of a personal things. So I'm kind of torn on dongbot at the moment, but I'm still leaning town on him.

It's possible that vector is just new scum and doesn't quite know how to engage in the game as scum. I would definitely like to see vector come in and give some more thoughts on the state of the game and hope he posts most than just the 10 post minimum. I'd probably vote for him pending more posts, but it would be more to avoid a no lynch than from strong feelings that he is scum right now.

Of the three, I think I'm more concerned about Concerned Citizen. I think he's also new, but I feel like he's kind of lurking. He's posting a bit more than the minimum, but he's also not posting much content. His original vote for PMom felt like a joke vote, but then he come back and stated that he was going to leave it there. I just don't get it. And then he comes in and votes vector with what seems like a policy vote on D2 without even making a call on either PMom or tpink. I could definitely see Citizen as scum and would probably put him third on my list after tpink/AR.

I still think one of AR/tpink is the most likely to be scum based on their reactions and posting over the past couple of days and would prefer to lynch one of them first.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i havent found one game where policy lynching has ever turned out good for the town

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Yeah, I mean D1 is basically random. D2 really is kind of as well. Pin seemed kind of defensive and suspicious to me in response to my joke vote, so I left my vote for him D1. That was before the whole Rarity bandwagon started, and I had a bunch of poo poo to do that evening so I just didn't have time to check back into the thread.

Basically, I honestly have no idea on PMom, tpink, or AR. There isn't enough information, in my mind, to make an informed choice. vector_to seemed like a safe pick so I voted for him. If someone makes a better case I'll probably switch.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Concerned Citizen posted:

Yeah, I mean D1 is basically random. D2 really is kind of as well. Pin seemed kind of defensive and suspicious to me in response to my joke vote, so I left my vote for him D1. That was before the whole Rarity bandwagon started, and I had a bunch of poo poo to do that evening so I just didn't have time to check back into the thread.

Basically, I honestly have no idea on PMom, tpink, or AR. There isn't enough information, in my mind, to make an informed choice. vector_to seemed like a safe pick so I voted for him. If someone makes a better case I'll probably switch.

this is super scummy lol wtf

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

flerp posted:

this is super scummy lol wtf

Sorry. I don't know what you want from me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont know why when i say policy lynching is dumb you feel the need to defend your votes all of a sudden. like im not accusing you of anything but then you go on the defensive. thats a scum thing right there.

also that whole post was you trying to justify why your not actually try to find scum. the whole thing about d2 being random is absolute bullshit too. so you just give up and you vote for the "safe" target. i wonder how the hell is vector "safe"? so, he's lurking a bit. maybe busy? maybe he has a life? whatever. if he's scum, so what. there are at least 3 scum. doesnt look like there's another 3p kill, so maybe 4 scum. that means even if vector is scum we got 2-3 other people to worry about. we should be more worried about the scum that are active in this game and not wasting a lynch on a person who even if he is scum isnt that big of a threat.

and there is no way in hell that vector is a "safe" vote. we cant confirm or deny that he's scum just because he's lurking. hell, the only thing that i could think is "safe" about voting for vector is that it feels like harmless vote for a lurker so a scum dude can look like he's actually involved in the game while actually adding nothing to it.

though i do want vector to post when he shows up. i dont like lurkers but theres a system in place to get rid of lynchers.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I didn't mean it as a reply to you. I meant it as a reply to TM when he said he didn't understand why I left my vote for PMom or why I voted for vector.

Lurking is anti-town. That's a good reason to vote for vector. You do, however, make a great point that there's a mechanism in place to remove lurkers anyway so if he doesn't post by the end of the day that's a pretty good reason to change to someone else.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 2 :downsgun:

tpink (2): Pinterest Mom, TMMadman
vector_to (2): dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, Concerned Citizen, Concerned Citizen
Pinterest Mom (1): tpink
dongsbot 9000 (0): TMMadman, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, TMMadman
Absurd Revolver (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (5): Absurd Revolver, Concerned Citizen, flerp, Li Dawny, vector_to :nono:

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 55 minutes.

The wind has picked up a bit. Marie closes the window when the paintings on the wall start rattling.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

I really wish people would stop saying D1 is random because it really isn't random at all. Sure, we're way more likely to lynch town than scum, but the way people vote, argue and react to pressure set the table for D2. Which means that D2 is definitely not random at all.

I think the problem I have right now is that you seem to be wanting to play it safe. You're almost never going to have enough information to make an informed decision when you're town. So when you say you have no idea about three people who have been making arguments it feels like you're either afraid of being wrong or you're trying to keep your options open. And both of those things are pretty telling imo.

I also don't like your last sentence because it feels like you're trying to absolve yourself from doing work. If you don't feel strongly about the people being talked about then make a case against someone else rather than waiting for someone else to do it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello! This is a polite reminder for certain people to :justpost: more! Thank you!

pre:
User			Posts
Absurd Revolver		86
dongsbot 9000		68
flerp			55
tpink			52
TMMadman		52
CapitalistPig		32
Concerned Citizen	24
Li Dawny		23
Pinterest Mom		20
-------LINE OF HATE-------
vector_to		10

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
What is happening in this game again?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

With seven and a half hours left to vote in still unsure who's who as far as town/scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapitalistPig posted:

What is happening in this game again?

Lurkers probably coasting to LYLO, as I've seen in the last few games I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

With seven and a half hours left to vote in still unsure who's who as far as town/scum.

Well make a call. Don't be afraid to be wrong. Honestly coming in and posting something like this is just as bad as lurking.

• Locked thread