Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Also keep in mind that Bighead deliberately made a comment about his signatures looking totally different all over that contract. There's a very good chance Gavin tries to take his assets but can't because they are tied up in Bachmanity. Then the legitimacy of his signatures will come up.

I mean he even said "that won't hold up" outright

E: Id like to point out that this will obviously be resolved using the selfies Ehrlrich was taking that clearly show Bighead signing the documents.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope there's years of lawyers trying to sort through Bachmanity because of the Hooli thing and Bighead's signatures. At the end of the series, they will finally figure it all out and somehow Bighead will be the richest man in the world and just give the 20 million back to Hooli.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

wide stance posted:

Jared still has the best jokes and Laurie is still a comedy black hole. Holy poo poo she's bad.
Jared's casual delivery of the most soul-wrenching parts of his life (in this case, finding out his biological dad is in a militia in the Ozarks) gets me every time.

Laurie does kinda suck, but I did like the gender-swap aspect of a woman telling a man to stop being so emotional.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I thought Laurie was pretty funny in the Clinkle conversation. That is a terrible name.

So is Bachmanity. I love that Bachman has no concept of what makes a cool company name.

gohmak posted:

Did Big Head violate his NDA by going to the press? He's going to lose the 20mil isn't he?
I thought the terms were that he can't say anything about what he did at work. Scrubbing the Hooli search was just a thing Gavin did of his own volition in front of everyone. I don't think that would count unless the gag order covers literally every contingency from the second he walked onto Hooli property to the second he walked off it. Though to be fair, Big Head's enough of an idiot to sign to that broad of an NDA anyway.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It was nice that they didn't end an episode on OH NOOO NOW WE'RE REALLY hosed for once.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Richard's new bio on the website is amazing:

http://www.piedpiper.com/

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I feel the contrast between Sanjay Basu's bio and the other engineers is absolutely loving amazing.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Elizabet's is interesting too. I like that they don't seem to be going too hard for the cheapest outsourcing jokes.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

sticklefifer posted:

I thought Laurie was pretty funny in the Clinkle conversation. That is a terrible name.

So is Bachmanity. I love that Bachman has no concept of what makes a cool company name.

I thought the terms were that he can't say anything about what he did at work. Scrubbing the Hooli search was just a thing Gavin did of his own volition in front of everyone. I don't think that would count unless the gag order covers literally every contingency from the second he walked onto Hooli property to the second he walked off it. Though to be fair, Big Head's enough of an idiot to sign to that broad of an NDA anyway.

Clinkle was a real company that ended up being a huge trash fire and failed really really hard and publicly. Look up the whole hsitory if you want a good laugh.

And I totally think the plot is gonna be Bighead gets sued for the NDA violation but they can't take anything he has because he transferred it all to Bachmanity. Then some Deus ex machina happens again and he gets even richer.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I just hope Bighead comes out okay. Dude's really, really nice.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This show relies too much on wacky sitcom misunderstandings like Richard being in the wrong conference room

We should be beyond these tropes in tyool 2015

and why does Gilfoyle need to work for Geek Squad? Can Pied Piper not afford to pay him a salary anymore?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I was disappointed by the 'wrong room' schtick until it was implied that he was in there for like an hour straight

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

and why does Gilfoyle need to work for Geek Squad? Can Pied Piper not afford to pay him a salary anymore?

:barf:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

This show relies too much on wacky sitcom misunderstandings like Richard being in the wrong conference room

Richard fired him by accident. When he fired all the other people he said "everyone from this line on is fired the end" but if you look closely (and there's a deleted scene on YouTube showing it better but I'm phone posting) Gilfoyle was slightly technically on the wrong side of the line and Richard's word was binding so yeah.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Bro Dad posted:

Richard's new bio on the website is amazing:

http://www.piedpiper.com/

I really like what they're doing with the pp site and http://www.coderag.com/ . It's a little over the top but it's fun for in between episodes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I love the show but I feel like it's just going in circles. How many times can the keep going back to the core team and the house?

If they want to expand their satire of SV they need to move on. Otherwise they'll keep retracing the same stories.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the actual Reviga PR rep that Richard was supposed to talk to was really hot, who is that actress

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Zero One posted:

I love the show but I feel like it's just going in circles. How many times can the keep going back to the core team and the house?

If they want to expand their satire of SV they need to move on. Otherwise they'll keep retracing the same stories.

Can you give this in a letter ranking, thx.

---

As a part of the Amram Fanfam, this episode is less "her" than some of the other stuff she's written (Ant Farm, Children's Hospital, Parks). Expected more clever wordplay; maybe SV works in a tighter room structure. You can see something like "Fan Fiction" from Children's as filled with Meganisms.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Please don't be so stupid.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I was dreading Richard falling off the chair and breaking his leg or something. I'm glad we didn't get some last minute setback for once.

I'm wondering what the long term plans for the show are. Will PP keep stumbling into existential threats and keep finding an excuse to move back in to Erlich's house? Not that I really mind, but it was visually nice to see the crew in a new place. Well, as long as the show keeps entertaining me, it doesn't really matter.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 18, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Y-Hat posted:

T.J. Miller got a case of Pliny the Elder for this episode, because of course he did.

So jealous, and I'm assuming that was a real case that TJ Miller actually bought, then probably drank and gave away to the rest of the people on set because he is awesome. This is my headcannon.

gohmak posted:

Did Big Head violate his NDA by going to the press? He's going to lose the 20mil isn't he?

The NDA was more about what he did, which was nothing.

wide stance posted:

Jared still has the best jokes and Laurie is still a comedy black hole. Holy poo poo she's bad.

I like Laurie 80% of the time. Even when her comedy falls short I still appreciate how authentic her actress's delivery is.

Zero One posted:

I'm really hoping that in order to get the 3M and stay solvent they need to build the box anyway. Except now they have no sales and marketing team to spread it around so they have to do it themselves and get to explore that side of SV culture, but with the core cast. Then Gilfoyle sends an email to some other sysop he knows who then orders 100 boxes for "insert name of big company" and all of a sudden they're on the map again. The boxes provide a relief from the money crunch and they can finally move out of the house to a compact homely office and move to tier 2 funding.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Didn't they already build the box? They just have to get it into production and get some sales to a company that won't gently caress them over.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The real missed opportunity was the satisfaction of firing the sales force, which should have been the highlight of the episode instead of a showcase for Richard being a spaz.

At first I was hoping that Richard would send somebody cold blooded like Gilfoyle to wield the ax. Then I realized that having Erlich meet with every individual salesperson and make them beg for their job in a downsized Pied Piper only to fire them individually and brutally in front to Richard & Co. could have been EPIC.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

T.J. Miller got a case of Pliny the Elder for this episode, because of course he did.

Saw that poo poo and was like "there's 200 bucks right there". Very hard to get a case of it if you're not at russian river, and I don't even like IPAs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is it some kind of rare beer or something?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Is it some kind of rare beer or something?

It is some kind of rare beer.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

It has a 100 point score on beer advocate, the metacritic user-review portion of beer review sites. It's a legit good beer though from the reviews of normal drinkers and marketplace did a thing on it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's worth trying once, but owning an entire case is pretty ridiculous.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

At least now Big Head owns half of that case.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I hated this episode.

It felt like filler, Richard was insufferable and DEFINITELY CLEARLY should NOT be CEO, like holy poo poo. I thought at the end he would swallow his pride and be like "shyeahhh, give it to Big Head or something." And the wrong room setup was glaringly, annoyingly obvious.

The team shooting themselves in the foot, or being set back again, (even just as an excuse for an episode) is unsatisfying and Richard's awkwardness is the least funny part of the show. I honestly would rather the episode ended with some inspiring music as the team introduces themselves or something, played totally straight than "whoops he broke the chair and now he's being awkward about it SMASHCUT TO CREDITS RAP OF THE WEEK".

On the other hand, Big Head was gold this week. "Why didn't you have your assistant do it?" "Well, she was on the phone, so..." And I like every snippet of Jared's tragic backstory and general weirdness. Stuff like that is the show's real strength.

wide stance posted:

I dunno, her attempt at casual conversation with Monica was pretty funny. And plotwise, having a logical character to balance out Richard's infuriating stupidity this episode made her seem very likeable.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

VagueRant posted:

On the other hand, Big Head was gold this week. "Why didn't you have your assistant do it?" "Well, she was on the phone, so..." And I like every snippet of Jared's tragic backstory and general weirdness. Stuff like that is the show's real strength.

I agree with this 100%. Everything re: the cult of Gavin and Hooli, Big Head, & Jian Yang is basically guaranteed to be gold, even if the main plot is lackluster.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Honestly I'm getting a little tired of TJ Miller because he's such a worthless tool, and you do not deserve to be CEO at all you whiny bitch. Ugh

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Honestly I'm getting a little tired of TJ Miller because he's such a worthless tool, and you do not deserve to be CEO at all you whiny bitch. Ugh

Yeah this episode it was a little too much for me as well.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

TJ Miller is good I just don't like him trying to gently caress over Bighead

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm a nerd.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

He said that line with a barely-concealed seething mountain of pure hatred for the Geek Squad, nerd-chic, and everything associated with all that poo poo.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

incoherent posted:

It has a 100 point score on beer advocate, the metacritic user-review portion of beer review sites. It's a legit good beer though from the reviews of normal drinkers and marketplace did a thing on it.

It probably tastes like poo poo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Krowley posted:

It probably tastes like poo poo
It's pretty good. I waited in line for it once (because that's the only way to get it generally) and it was fine. Not worth waiting in line for again though.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

Also keep in mind that Bighead deliberately made a comment about his signatures looking totally different all over that contract. There's a very good chance Gavin tries to take his assets but can't because they are tied up in Bachmanity. Then the legitimacy of his signatures will come up.

I mean he even said "that won't hold up" outright

E: Id like to point out that this will obviously be resolved using the selfies Ehrlrich was taking that clearly show Bighead signing the documents.

I also think perhaps his signatures might also be invalid on the hooli contract, but who knows where they are going with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

VagueRant posted:

wide stance posted:

Jared still has the best jokes and Laurie is still a comedy black hole. Holy poo poo she's bad
I dunno, her attempt at casual conversation with Monica was pretty funny. And plotwise, having a logical character to balance out Richard's infuriating stupidity this episode made her seem very likeable.
Laurie needed a drink or two before she could admit to making a mistake, so at least some humanity peeked out from her otherwise robotic mannerisms.

Not a great episode and it seems like a reset. Season 3 and they still have no product, no sales, no sales staff, no offices, no revenue...no progress.
And now a clueless, socially awkward CEO prone to emotional outbursts and making irrational decisions.

But they do have a nice juicer in the kitchen.

• Locked thread