Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

What is it like being scum this game, and what are you guys planning atm?

holy guacamole!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

JakeP posted:

also did anyoen mention how stupid lightning dome is lol

Lighting I doe was bet umderwlmih

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

iajanus posted:

What is it like being scum this game, and what are you guys planning atm?

wouldn't know im toen with a scum role so gently caress me I guess

maybe roleblock useful later on hand but so far all ibe done is roleblovk a doc

gg chsnp

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
roleblock urself

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I honestly do not have my head in this game and it's driving me a little crazy every time I think about it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

JakeP posted:

roleblock urself

biy masturbatuit

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Need to go to bed, doctors appointment at around the same time as tomorrow's deadline, so I'ma go ##vote Truth Quark based on nothing but a hunch tbh

Kommando posted:

Mith, hmmmmm scum.
someone ask her, she cant lie so that will be an easy job.
Hey mith, are you scum or 3p?

what makes you think I'm scum? and it's pretty well been established that I can in fact lie so asking me is moot but I'll bite

I'm not scum or third party, I'm town (flavor is Cronus but this has no bearing on my actual role)

honestly I haven't seen my role much outside of auspol scum teams so it's a slightly weird and somewhat useless role to have for town, but from what I can see on the wiki it's not completely unheard of for a town to have it?

therefore I'm inclined to believe gaspy's town claim but obviously not 100%

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mithranderp posted:

Need to go to bed, doctors appointment at around the same time as tomorrow's deadline, so I'ma go ##vote Truth Quark based on nothing but a hunch tbh

what makes you think I'm scum? and it's pretty well been established that I can in fact lie so asking me is moot but I'll bite

I'm not scum or third party, I'm town (flavor is Cronus but this has no bearing on my actual role)

honestly I haven't seen my role much outside of auspol scum teams so it's a slightly weird and somewhat useless role to have for town, but from what I can see on the wiki it's not completely unheard of for a town to have it?

therefore I'm inclined to believe gaspy's town claim but obviously not 100%

this dude scum

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
My hunch basically being that their vote seems to jump around to whomever seems more in a negative spotlight or more likely to be voted out/turbo'd at any given point in time.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

JakeP posted:

this dude scum

wrong on both counts m8

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mithranderp posted:

wrong on both counts m8

whats the second count?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

JakeP posted:

whats the second count?

Whoa whoa whew a lafy

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

JakeP posted:

whats the second count?

the 'dude' part

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mithranderp posted:

the 'dude' part

girldude then whatever

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

JakeP posted:

girldude then whatever

ah yeh peopl always sat shut lilt this yo women on Jeff and it's always X cringeworthy and lovely

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I kinda agree with Jake that post is awkward and self concious as poo poo.

Did we ever get Meds flip or is everyone just assuming they were right about him being scum to satisfy their egos?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Truth Quark posted:

I kinda agree with Jake that post is awkward and self concious as poo poo.

Did we ever get Meds flip or is everyone just assuming they were right about him being scum to satisfy their egos?

Meds wa a scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't know why everything else was janitor end but dude was scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am taking that with a grain of salt.

I am also taking Kash's "confirmed" town with a similar amount of salt, because the last claimed vigilante who got invited to a masonry and vigged a 3p was KK/Hiipfire in the Holy Grail game and guess what, they were scum.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Truth Quark posted:

I am also taking Kash's "confirmed" town with a similar amount of salt, because the last claimed vigilante who got invited to a masonry and vigged a 3p was KK/Hiipfire in the Holy Grail game and guess what, they were scum.

The same situation happening twice in games of Mafia is like, impossible.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Truth Quark posted:

Maybe, we'll see what happens at the end of the day today, because that is normally when a lunch flip get's un-janitored. For now, I'm assuming he really was scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Max posted:

Maybe, we'll see what happens at the end of the day today, because that is normally when a lunch flip get's un-janitored. For now, I'm assuming he really was scum.

I just think it's weird that people are using that as an excuse to vote me instead of doing the correct thing and waiting for a full flip before drawing conclusions. Almost they're not being genuine.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Truth Quark posted:

I just think it's weird that people are using that as an excuse to vote me instead of doing the correct thing and waiting for a full flip before drawing conclusions. Almost they're not being genuine.

we have no reason to assume we will ever get more of a flip, are you saying we should play as if that dude didnt flip scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I have to agree with Jake, don't know if that flip will ever be unjanitored or whatever happened with it. Although, I'm not seeing the votes on TQ.

Quandary seems way worse IMO.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

JakeP posted:

we have no reason to assume we will ever get more of a flip, are you saying we should play as if that dude didnt flip scum?

Alright let's assume you're right and we will never get the full flip.

Who benefits most from obfuscating information? The scum team. If they have some kind of power that can hide day flips, it's no big stretch to think it can also give false positive scum results.

The other likelihood is a death miller, but then who the gently caress knows whether it's correct or not.

My point is that anyone drawing conclusions from Meds flip is bullshitting at best and actively trying to mislead at worst.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Truth Quark posted:

My point is that anyone drawing conclusions from Meds flip is bullshitting at best and actively trying to mislead at worst.

Drawing conclusions from a scum flip is like, the number one thing you do and if this wasn't directed at you I don't think you would have such a problem with this.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Max posted:

Drawing conclusions from a scum flip is like, the number one thing you do and if this wasn't directed at you I don't think you would have such a problem with this.

We'll never know will we?

I have no problem drawing conclusions from a scum flip, obviously I have problems drawing them from a questionable flip.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Truth Quark posted:

Alright let's assume you're right and we will never get the full flip.

Who benefits most from obfuscating information? The scum team. If they have some kind of power that can hide day flips, it's no big stretch to think it can also give false positive scum results.

The other likelihood is a death miller, but then who the gently caress knows whether it's correct or not.

If we cant draw conclusions from flips this isn't a mafia game. If the dude was a death miller then gently caress the mod and gently caress this game. You are either being super fake here, or are being super stupid.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Truth Quark posted:

We'll never know will we?

I have no problem drawing conclusions from a scum flip, obviously I have problems drawing them from a questionable flip.

Well it was a scum flip

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver replaces Bowmore.

I'll fix the op up in the morning

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kommando (6): Revolver Anidav, Asphyxious, Rurea, tithin, JakeP, Zetsubou-san
Truth Quark (3): Tommunist, Birdstrike, Mithranderp
Asphyxious (1): Tremendous Taste, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Kommando, Kommando
JakeP (1): HiipFire, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Quandary (1): Anomalous Amalgam
iajanus (1): Quandary
Rurea (0): JakeP, JakeP
Revolver Anidav (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
Kashuno (0): JakeP, JakeP

Not Voting (8): bowmore, iajanus, IllegallySober, Kashuno, Kommando, Max, Truth Quark, vector_to

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 24th, 2016 at 10 a.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 50 minutes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What's up AR? Was Bowmore scum, you can tell us.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
He was most definitely not scum, I'll tell you that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote kommando

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I don't have the time right this second to re-read the last 28 pages, so can someone bring me up to speed on kommando's case?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
to maintain continuity and since there's someone else with revolver in their name who is actually a different person entirely, just continue to refer to me as bowmore kthx

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Revolver Anidav is another person entirely as well :v:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Jake you're not actually reading anything I'm saying so im gonna go ahead and move on with my life

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Infinitum posted:

Revolver Anidav is another person entirely as well :v:

holy guacamole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer