Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Vector_to

If we're going with lurker lynches, let's lynch the lurker who hasn't checked in with a reason for their absence.

*Brandishes log*

"VECTOR OF TO, ARE YOU.... A PLAYER KILLER?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Sorry about my meltdown last night, it was uncalled for and I apologize.

To the business at hand, I'm going to go with a lurker lynch as well, I dunno whats going on with vector but this is the second game I'm in where he's lurking like crazy.

##vote vector_to

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Vector_to

If we're going with lurker lynches, let's lynch the lurker who hasn't checked in with a reason for their absence.

*Brandishes log*

"VECTOR OF TO, ARE YOU.... A PLAYER KILLER?!"

Who said we're definitely, irrefutably, going with a lurker lynch?

This is highly irregular.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Sorry about my meltdown last night, it was uncalled for and I apologize.

To the business at hand, I'm going to go with a lurker lynch as well, I dunno whats going on with vector but this is the second game I'm in where he's lurking like crazy.

##vote vector_to

AR + AA scum team...Hmmmmmmm

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

jon joe posted:

This seems like an attempt to throw shade on what is simply a policy lynch.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

This seems like an attempt to throw shade on what is simply a policy lynch.

Holy poo poo could you get any scummier with your phrasing.

"It's just simply a matter of policy, no offense."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

I thought that was the case on Rarity?

How is that highly irregular. Easy on the adjectives pal, hyperbole leads to pitchforks and torches in these parts.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Rejiggered Lumpenlist:

LUMPENLIST
Totally Townie
jon joe
Gulag
imgay
Pinterest Mom
Rarity
Mayor Glowku
Azuth
jakeP
vector_to
MG3
Shadow0
AA
AR
Seriously Scummy

I thought that was the case on Rarity?

How is that highly irregular. Easy on the adjectives pal, hyperbole leads to pitchforks and torches in these parts.

There's a lot that's gone on since then, like AR's explosion from being scum, ya know? To just say "Oh yeah we're going with a lurker, boop", that's not right.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

jon joe posted:

Holy poo poo could you get any scummier with your phrasing.

"It's just simply a matter of policy, no offense."

I could swear, every post you have made that seems even a little content worthy is "HAH you said something and that something is SCUMMYYYYYY"

No cases, just shade thrown everywhere. Why don't you try a little?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

I could swear, every post you have made that seems even a little content worthy is "HAH you said something and that something is SCUMMYYYYYY"

No cases, just shade thrown everywhere. Why don't you try a little?

See, you just said something scummy again. It's funny!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
All aboard the hedge express, with your conductor Absurd Revolver. Going straight to hypocritical station.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
How am I being hypocritical?

I'm not throwing shade like a real housewife, so there's not an expectation to put as much actual effort into my posting.

Maybe if I start randomly accusing people of scum, then I'll actually put content in, but for now it seems easier to just lynch a lurker and move on with the game.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Triple post.

What -do- you think abour AR, AA?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol enough with those ridiculous lumpen lists. They are seldom good and mimic scum hunting by casting a wide net of suspicion without actually substantiating why.

I don't know about the AR meltdown, but his anger seemed legitimate enough for me to look elsewhere. I'll agree he comes off a bit... suspicious, but at least he's here and like I said, what was the case on Rarity outside of them lurking because I saw a lot of poo poo votes on them even before everyone knew they were MIA with a busted PC.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

lol enough with those ridiculous lumpen lists. They are seldom good and mimic scum hunting by casting a wide net of suspicion without actually substantiating why.

If you don't like them, that's fine, but I'll probably keep posting them. You can pretend they're blank.

I don't know about the AR meltdown, but his anger seemed legitimate enough for me to look elsewhere. I'll agree he comes off a bit... suspicious, but at least he's here and like I said, what was the case on Rarity outside of them lurking because I saw a lot of poo poo votes on them even before everyone knew they were MIA with a busted PC.

See, this is also a hedge. "Seems legitimate, but suspicious". Tell me, why do you prefer a lurker lynch over a suspicion based lynch? Not why did a bunch of people vote rarity, why do you specifically want to vote for lurker vector_to over AR, or heck, even myself! Your vote was accompanied by a joke, but I doubt it was one. You legitimately thought I was scummy for my vote on rarity, yeah? What changed your mind? Or do you still think I'm scummy, but you still like a lurker more?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote jon joe for the fake as poo poo lumpen lists

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

id vote jon joe for the fake as poo poo lumpen lists

>:[

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like the dude has rarity in the top half and has the dude who hasn't even posted yet as less scummy than like 4 or 5 dudes, JJ is fake as gently caress. If hes town hes an idiot for being so fake

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
jj half of your poo poo is mafia buzzwords at this point

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Only way I will be ocnvinced otherwise is if he actually goes out and explains why each person is scummier than the next, or he admits the lumpen list is a random mishmash of names and aplogizes for being so shameful

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah I think you're still scummy. Like I said lumpen lists mimic scum hunting. They feign opinion and that makes you look worse than AR, lurker vector and an mia Rarity imo. The more you post, the more I am pinged because outside of your tunneling on AR, who has admittedly made some awkward posts and convictionless votes, you your self seem to have little conviction and turn your cases into fill in the blank questionnaires for players to respond to instead of actually building a case on your own merit.

Like I said, your vote on Rarity was opportunistic, your casing is shallow and lumpen lists are easy ways to pretend like you actually have opinions.

##vote Jon joe

You want my vote baby, you got it. ;)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

like the dude has rarity in the top half and has the dude who hasn't even posted yet as less scummy than like 4 or 5 dudes, JJ is fake as gently caress. If hes town hes an idiot for being so fake

vector_to got rocketed up because AA and AR are scummy enough and were trying to push a vote on him, so that made me think he was more likely to be town, even if he's posted jack so far.

Rarity is pretty middling. Please forgive me, master, for not putting her in the -exact- middle! Lumpenlists aren't an exact science you know, the very top and very bottom are most important.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah I think you're still scummy. Like I said lumpen lists mimic scum hunting. They feign opinion and that makes you look worse than AR, lurker vector and an mia Rarity imo. The more you post, the more I am pinged because outside of your tunneling on AR, who has admittedly made some awkward posts and convictionless votes, you your self seem to have little conviction and turn your cases into fill in the blank questionnaires for players to respond to instead of actually building a case on your own merit.

Like I said, your vote on Rarity was opportunistic, your casing is shallow and lumpen lists are easy ways to pretend like you actually have opinions.

##vote Jon joe

he voted rarity? according to his list she is more likely town than scum, i guess her needing a new laptop and not being able to post is a town tell

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

jon joe posted:

vector_to got rocketed up because AA and AR are scummy enough and were trying to push a vote on him, so that made me think he was more likely to be town, even if he's posted jack so far.

Rarity is pretty middling. Please forgive me, master, for not putting her in the -exact- middle! Lumpenlists aren't an exact science you know, the very top and very bottom are most important.

S H A M E F U L

##vote jj

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
imgay is the third most town player in this game lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
See, what's funny here is I'm being blasted for "Your lumpenlist is empty poo poo", despite A) Having more than just lumpenlists in my posts, and B) Being able to justify every lumpenlist question I've been asked.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
please anyone read imgays post hitsory and tell me you can guage that he is town in this game

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

JakeP posted:

please anyone read imgays post hitsory and tell me you can guage that he is town in this game

town as gently caress confirmed

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

imgay is the third most town player in this game lol

imgay is a meta read

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The real problem with lumpenlists, I think, is that they have the word Lumpen in them.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Lumpen owns

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Presenting the new, JakeP list:

Jake
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
JakeP
P

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Yeah I think you're still scummy. Like I said lumpen lists mimic scum hunting. They feign opinion and that makes you look worse than AR, lurker vector and an mia Rarity imo.
I have more than lumpenlists. NULLIFIED! *airhorn*

quote:

The more you post, the more I am pinged because outside of your tunneling on AR, who has admittedly made some awkward posts and convictionless votes
Voting and driving for someone to be lynched ("tunneling") who I think is scum is bad because
(and you even agree to an extent, lol!)

quote:

you your self seem to have little conviction and turn your cases into fill in the blank questionnaires for players to respond to instead of actually building a case on your own merit.
Hmm? I'm asking questions to players based on their posts in order to clarify their behavior and intentions, like a good player does. These are not my only posts, furthermore these posts are not bad.
You yourself said I'm "tunneling" into AR so don't give me BS about lack of conviction.
TRIPLE KILL! *eats Doritos*

quote:

##vote Jon joe

I have opinion, you and AR and scum together. You're real inconsistent in what you want to ping me on, but I'm glad it took you till I pressed you for you to have an actual opinion beyond "lol lurker lynch"!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQJcObz1k_E

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure I just won the game. Game over. Town won. I'm MVP.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

Pretty sure I just won the game. Game over. Town won. I'm MVP.

You're scum or incredibly obtuse. I had an opinion on your vote when town was pushing lurker lynch but you neatly omit that.

I've got way more content than you in my joke posts than you do in all your rebuttals and lists. You're fake man, and the reason why is....

You're scum. Not even the scum mvp.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

You're scum or incredibly obtuse. I had an opinion on your vote when town was pushing lurker lynch but you neatly omit that.

I've got way more content than you in my joke posts than you do in all your rebuttals and lists. You're fake man, and the reason why is....

You're scum. Not even the scum mvp.

Woah I'm hurt.

And sure, I'll letcha have your vote on me. But hey, don't deny my content, BRO, just 'cause it's so bright and you forgot to wear shades.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
"Scum or incredibly obtuse" is probably my favorite Mafia insult

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

Woah I'm hurt.

And sure, I'll letcha have your vote on me. But hey, don't deny my content, BRO, just 'cause it's so bright and you forgot to wear shades.

I've got B.S. resistance stacking armor so its Ok Broheimerdinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got a degree in lumber and its cuttin wood

• Locked thread