Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
JakePMom

has anyone made this ship yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
deadline is in mere hours hurry up with that bracket!!!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

deadline is in mere hours hurry up with that bracket!!!

It'll probably be a little bit, I'm eating.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Match Overviews
Absurd Revolver vs Azuth0667
AA's been showing his strong scum game this season, and he's against another lurker!
What make Azuth0667 a contender is that, unlike vector_to, he doesn't have consistency in his lurking! This isn't his normal play!
And it can easily be argued that AA's not scummy, just really dumb and new!
But wait! The judge has ruled that AA's posts are scummy because he's dumb and new, he doesn't know any better! So he lets out his scumminess every post!
His strong meltdown is fake as hell, and he throws around his vote on whatever he thinks will get attention off himself! A jj omgus! A vector_to lurker bandwagon! Back to jj because he sees the momentum shift a bit!
It's too much! Absurd Reolver takes it home! Azuth0667 never stood a real chance.

MG3 vs Shadow0
This is probably the least content we've ever had to work with in a match, viewers. They're both just sitting there, telling jokes.
The jokes aren't even funny.
In the end, just like his match, it's Shadow0's bandwagon vote that gets him the victory. Can this one-trick pony make it any further?

JakeP vs Anomalous Amalgam
Two people who some think can win it all, but will our judge agree?
The judge keeps giving "Legitimacy" penalties to both sides! There's just too open and honest, despite otherwise decent scum-play!
Anomalous Amalgam's main strength are his ties to Absurd Revolver!
It carries him through this game, but it's only because JakeP didn't have his own uniquely scummy saving grace. His unexplained secret unvote on jon joe won't carry him twice. AA wins!
Afterwards, a reporter goes up to JakeP and asks "Why will you not vote Jon Joe anymore?" Hmm, the reporter must be working for an enemy team, trying to make him look less scummy. What will he say?

Up next, round 2.5, it's reigning champion AR vs Shadow0! Will he beat yet another lurker, or will there be an amazing upset?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Typos are the post killer.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

No overview. There was no upset. AR absolutely crushed the lurking Shadow0, for reasons that should be obvious from previous games.

It was 122 to 7.

Shiiiit.

Up next, the more exciting(?) Final Round!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I like that you thought about me so much I played in two of the brackets games. :allears:

:love:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AA, who do you think is scum besides JJ?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver wins!

Why? How? When? What? Who? Why?

The main difference one can see between Absurd Revolver and Anomalous Amalgam is that there is tension in every one of Absurd Revolver's posts, even when he's trying to be funny. AA is natural, funny, smooth, so even though some of his shots are on-point for a scum game, his strongest power - his relation to AR - is nullified in a game against AR.

AR just lets his scumminess and worry leak out of every post. He tries to smile, and it fails, and that's why he is the 2016 Ultimate Scum Champion!

Congratulations.

You win a trophy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he made a bracket. confirmed town

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Got a little lazy at the end there trying to push your case, but still good posting.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rarity posted:

AA, who do you think is scum besides JJ?

Scum, not sure. I think there are several lurkers and a few players devoid of any content at all.

imgay, mg3, and vector pinging me hardest in those who are content-free or non participating

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Got a little lazy at the end there trying to push your case, but still good posting.

lol

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still not as good as lumens diagrams

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Still not as good as lumens diagrams

link?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I like these, personally, but they were from a game I ran so I'm biased:

The Carpet Shark posted:

I think I got everything so far

Most of the people have been tracked. People who were tracked can't be scum lying about their results unless the person who tracked them is also scum.

Here's what I think the most likely possibilities are:

A) One of the three untracked people also visited KingB and killed them. That would be Roy, Goo or Ac. Roy seems incredibly unlikely so I'm ruling that out.

B) Ghastly Gangsta killed KingB in addition to tracking him.

GulagDolls posted:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I prefer lux categorize my scum by luminosity, but you can more readily identify them with lumens... in theory.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's was a kash game I think don't remember what is was cLled.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

I like these, personally, but they were from a game I ran so I'm biased:

lol I forgot about this game!

Gulag should make every chart, ever.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

lol I forgot about this game!

Gulag should make every chart, ever.

Gulag, would you grace us with a holy chart for this game?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
imgay what do you think about, anything?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Scum, not sure. I think there are several lurkers and a few players devoid of any content at all.

imgay, mg3, and vector pinging me hardest in those who are content-free or non participating

I feel like you've just picked out some names at random here, I'm not sure what you think makes them any worse than anyone else.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rarity posted:

I feel like you've just picked out some names at random here, I'm not sure what you think makes them any worse than anyone else.

I know you've been MIA with a busted comp, but a cursory glance at their post histories will more than justify me calling them out. Like I said, I don't have any die hard scum tells right now. I thought JJ was a bit scummy, but his chart, although gimmicky, does convey his opinions a bit better than the wall o' text from earlier. JJ still kind of pings me but not as much as he did earlier.

These guys I've called out either are all poo poo posts or non factors in this game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jon joe posted:

imgay what do you think about, anything?

Chillin for overwatch in 3 hours

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i will still support a lurker lynch

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

imgay posted:

This is me as well. Can't wait.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

Hell yeah. I thought that was just a typo since they said 24th elsewhere, but I'm glad its today.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

overwatch is bad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

overwatch is bad

Nah

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krbhq4uO0oE

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

No overview. There was no upset. AR absolutely crushed the lurking Shadow0, for reasons that should be obvious from previous games.

It was 122 to 7.

Shiiiit.

Up next, the more exciting(?) Final Round!

Noooooo!!! OTL

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
...was winning good or bad?
Either way, I demand a recount!
I'm in it to win it!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

jon joe (3): GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, JakeP, Absurd Revolver
Absurd Revolver (3): jon joe, GulagDolls, Pinterest Mom
imgay (1): GulagDolls, vector_to, GulagDolls
Rarity (1): JakeP, GulagDolls, jon joe, Shadow0, GulagDolls, jon joe, JakeP, JakeP, JakeP
Shadow0 (0): GulagDolls, JakeP, JakeP, GulagDolls
vector_to (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver
Azuth0667 (0): vector_to, vector_to

Not Voting (5): Azuth0667, imgay, Mayor Glowku, MG3, Rarity

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 23 minutes.

TODAY'S QUESTS

Blaze It: There is a funeral today for those of Lumbridge who have been lost to notorious Player Killer bandits. The Duke of Lumbridge has requested that you start a giant funeral pyre to burn all the remains of the victims. MAJOR: Artisan, MINOR: Gathering. KEY COMPONENT: Firemaking. DIFFICULTY: 2

Fight me IRL:There is a secret fighting club in Lumbridge. You wish to seek it out and be trained. MAJOR: Combat, MINOR: Artisan. KEY COMPONENT: Hitpoints DIFFICULTY: 1

Farming Sim '07:A local merchant has offered a major discount on his products if you are able to provide him with a good amount of herbs.MAJOR:Gathering, MINOR: Combat. KEY COMPONENTS: Farming. DIFFICULTY: 3

Remember, higher quest difficulty brings a higher risk of failure but greater rewards!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Anyway, I voted for Rarity because she was unfun.
I'd've done it with or without the bandwagon.
And for not understanding our RuneScape references.

Statistically jon joe is probably town.
I have to sleep soon. :(
I don't have a feel for anyone yet, I guess I'll come hammer or something if it happens in an hour, but I'm just gonna sit on my Rarity vote for now.
I just hope none of the fun players are scum. :(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

can you find any redeeming qualities about any of those players in this game? I mean maybe he picked those names at random, who can know, but none of those players have done anything towny this game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Shadow0 posted:

statistically?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

Anyway, I voted for Rarity because she was unfun.
I'd've done it with or without the bandwagon.
And for not understanding our RuneScape references.

I have to sleep soon. :(
I don't have a feel for anyone yet, I guess I'll come hammer or something if it happens in an hour, but I'm just gonna sit on my Rarity vote for now.
I just hope none of the fun players are scum. :(

This post is on such a high level of bad it makes me think you're town.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
at this point id rather lynch a lurkier player than a player who is posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

at this point id rather lynch a lurkier player than a player who is posting

can we just have the mod replace lurkers tomorrow and lynch scumguy AR instead?

• Locked thread