Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
You can do it Li, we all believe in you!

Everyone, lend Li your mafia energies, for the sake of the world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
reasons why newbies posting a lot is pro-town:

1. if small newbie is scum, it is readily obvious by badposting.
2. is small newbie is town, it is more informative to know what small newbie thinks instead of just +1ing other posts. it helps other players to clear them quicker.
3. if small newbie makes good posts, then i dont have to read as many bad posts.
4. the longer you play mafia, the worse you become. it is a cruel truth of the internet forum games.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So there's about an hour and a half left until the deadline and there are three people voting someone who hasn't made a single post today when there is a mechanism in place to kill lurkers.

I'm pretty comfortable with my vote and I think PMom is town, so I'm not going to vote him.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

So there's about an hour and a half left until the deadline and there are three people voting someone who hasn't made a single post today when there is a mechanism in place to kill lurkers.

I'm pretty comfortable with my vote and I think PMom is town, so I'm not going to vote him.

They won't be dead, just hated tomorrow, unfortunately.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

cool guess we'll just no lynch glad to have you tmm

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Well then, let me tell you how I really feel.

-Flerp and CC I got nothing on, no real feelings either way
-Pinterest is being shady
-Pink is super opinionated, but seems genuine in finding scum so I give him a temporary town pass
-AR and Dong are both goofy mofos and I give them both a pass because you seem to both have gut feelings and are working with each other in the strangest ways and seem to both be town because if your scum I don't even know anymore
-Vector is lurky af and I know that's scummy, but I feel bad branding him that without him being around to defend himself
-Madman I don't have much on, but he seemed to jump on Pink just because Pinterest did and that makes me doubt him

And that is my current take on this game

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

They won't be dead, just hated tomorrow, unfortunately.

My bad, I though Pod said he was killing lurkers today regardless.

Either way, I think lynching vector is a waste without some kind of claim at this point. I'm nornally up for lynching a lurker but there's no information to be gained from it because it's such an easy push.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

thanks for your contribution li dawny i know theres not much to work on but i value and cherish you unlike absurd revolver whom i disdain and contempt

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

innocent baby li dawny told me pinterest mom is scum and i completely 100% believe him

##vote pinterest mom

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

vector_to probably just got caught up in a dust storm or dingo attack or something as those australians are known to do

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I can get down with that. ##vote pinmom

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I trust you, Li.

Newbie reads are always the best.

##vote pmom

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

If Pinterest turns out town I'm going to feel really bad now guys.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, what a scummy rear end push. Literally three people immediately jump on it.

That should really make people pause.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Li Dawny posted:

Welcome to mafia!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Li Dawny posted:

and if she is scum you will be the legendary Li Dawny breaker of scum and master of all he(she?) surveys.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

Holy poo poo, what a scummy rear end push. Literally three people immediately jump on it.

Look who's here to defend pmom, again.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Literally everything is scummy to you.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

and if she is scum you will be the legendary Li Dawny breaker of scum and master of all she surveys.

Fixed it!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Li Dawny posted:

Well then, let me tell you how I really feel.

-Flerp and CC I got nothing on, no real feelings either way
-Pinterest is being shady
-Pink is super opinionated, but seems genuine in finding scum so I give him a temporary town pass
-AR and Dong are both goofy mofos and I give them both a pass because you seem to both have gut feelings and are working with each other in the strangest ways and seem to both be town because if your scum I don't even know anymore
-Vector is lurky af and I know that's scummy, but I feel bad branding him that without him being around to defend himself
-Madman I don't have much on, but he seemed to jump on Pink just because Pinterest did and that makes me doubt him

And that is my current take on this game

I agree with a lot of this, but I think flerp is town based on the whole vector dealie. If flerp is scum and vector is town, flerp would have been fine with lynching him. If flerp is scum and vector is scum, he'd be playing incredibly poorly by defending an afk scum that hard.

I'm going back and forth on PMom. I definitely wouldn't be surprised. Same with tpink. I'm having a lot of difficulty with this, I just don't think there is a lot there to work with. The whole AR/Dong thing is bizarre, but I feel like dong is probably town.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
OK, well, let's lynch a fucker.

##vote pinterest mom

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

OK, well, let's lynch a fucker.

##vote pinterest mom

Yeah I'm basically positive that CC is scum now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah even if pinmom flips scum, that was pretty scummy.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I'm basically positive that CC is scum now.

Oh gently caress I agree with something you said.

Mafia is doing weird things to me guys!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
We're one vote out and the two people who have voted are PMom, who won't lynch themselves, and TMM who already said they think PMom is town. With an hour out I'm gonna hammer someone who I think might be scum. Sorry not sorry.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

We're one vote out and the two people who have voted are PMom, who won't lynch themselves, and TMM who already said they think PMom is town. With an hour out I'm gonna hammer someone who I think might be scum. Sorry not sorry.

But you just said you go back and forth on PMom. That's not exactly a strong opinion.

Plus you didn't even seem to take into consideration the fact that PMom went from 1 vote to 5 votes in the space of ~10 minutes and 3 of those votes are essentially empty votes who all flipped off vector.

It's all scummy as gently caress.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

TMMadman posted:

But you just said you go back and forth on PMom. That's not exactly a strong opinion.

Plus you didn't even seem to take into consideration the fact that PMom went from 1 vote to 5 votes in the space of ~10 minutes and 3 of those votes are essentially empty votes who all flipped off vector.

It's all scummy as gently caress.

I don't have a strong opinion on anyone, but I do have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is stupid and PMom is a good lynch pick as tpig.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh huh that was :redhammer:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I don't have a strong opinion on anyone, but I do have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is stupid and PMom is a good lynch pick as tpig.

No tpink was a much better choice for the lynch because of the way he reacted to the pressure and votes on him.

And even if you have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is bad, it's still generally a bad idea to lynch someone with over an hour left when the game is at least somewhat active.

So I really think you're scum regardless of what PMom flips. If PMom is town, you saw a chance to lynch town. And if PMom is scum then you're probably angling for the 'I hammered scum' argument.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

oh huh that was :redhammer:

Yeah, but there's a twilight phase until the flip happens.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i just didnt realize it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

TMMadman posted:

No tpink was a much better choice for the lynch because of the way he reacted to the pressure and votes on him.

And even if you have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is bad, it's still generally a bad idea to lynch someone with over an hour left when the game is at least somewhat active.

So I really think you're scum regardless of what PMom flips. If PMom is town, you saw a chance to lynch town. And if PMom is scum then you're probably angling for the 'I hammered scum' argument.

I don't think tpink was a much better choice. I thought they were both similarly scum. I'm sorry, I just don't agree with you.

I admit that I thought flerp had already voted, so I thought I was the only active poster left. But I am still fine with the vote, I don't think this is a game where you need to be 100% sure of your choice.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
anyways im gonna do some posting about the possible setups/what's happening the next day w/r/t lylo because i think its best to do it now in twilight instead of wasting our day

so, with one death on N1, i don't think there's a 3p killer. maybe something'll happen N2 that'll make it clear, but nobody claimed by saved or anything.

i still imagine there's a doc and a cop around for town. nobody has soft claimed from what i can tell and def no one has hard claimed so who knows maybe we just had one blank vig and the rest are vt. also, with one vig dead there probably isnt another vig.

idk what scum could have besides a gf. maybe ninja if there's a tracker, maybe rolecop? best not to speculate and just try to find them.

with no 3p, it's possible there's four scum, but 3 scum are still possible because itd be p tough for this town to handle 4 scum but who knows really. assuming pmom is town and mafia kills another townie, there'll be 8 people next day, meaning itll take 5 to lynch. another mislynch we go down to 6, meaning it takes 4 to lynch. so, if 3 scum then we have two more mislynches left, 4 scum means we have one mislynch. so we're not quite at lylo yet but we can get very close to it if we dont lynch scum soon.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i highly suspect that town power roles are gonna be a little weaker than normal: paranoid/insane cops, blank vigs, other fake roles to gently caress with people

reading the flavour of the game and podima's hint that this is a game where players solve games, not roles, points me in that direction

thus i suspect that we're gonna be dealing with less scum players rather than more

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

flerp dont forget to post the lylo math if li dawny correctly and brilliantly found scum and we just chain lynch tmm are we on easy breezy street then

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh and vector_to gets modkilled and he scum too and we win

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Except for the whole part where I'm town.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Sorry I wasn't around the last few hours, but since I had already laid out my case for voting PMom and voted for them, it doesn't look like I missed much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

Catching up on posts - you keep saying there's a mechanism to kill lurkers, but not really though. They just get the -1 for a lynch. That makes it easier to lynch them, but still far from a foregone conclusion.

• Locked thread