Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JiveHonky posted:

wth, is this from the show? lol u guys are weird

I don't remember that one, good find JiveHonky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

oh no! the cake is bad just like this show!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I don't remember that one, good find JiveHonky

:keke:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

All the best Trek commentaries are when the commentators poo poo on Trek/the people involved with trek. :colbert:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

nothing, what's a flotter with you?
:downsrim:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Oh poo poo a GBS trek thread is back.

And someone has already posted that present-day mugshot of Kes.

Welp, things seem to be well in hand.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shadow puppet of a posted:

Oh poo poo a GBS trek thread is back.

And someone has already posted that present-day mugshot of Kes.

Welp, things seem to be well in hand.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

VectorSigma posted:

i don't know why they'd even want another harry but they kept it

Dude had loving "helicopter parents". His character was was 100% accurate based on this one fact.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Ait'it if funny Barclay owns even in the Voyager universe.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
first ep Voyager impressions:

-they begin by reminding you a superior show, DS9, exists
-the Paris character is a walking repository of bad one-liners thought up by drunk writers at 3:00 AM who are also bad at writing and I hope the character dies in the first season or something
-Neelix actually fairly unobjectionable so far
-I find Janeway to be kinda bland and uninteresting so far- what is this character supposed to be?
-I already like Holo-Doctor
-I like that the tribal-looking dudes wearing rags with dirt and poo poo caked in their hair also have bigass spaceships

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Can someone post that gif of Janeway standing in the mess hall with her face twitching uncontrollably.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Monkey Fracas posted:

-I like that the tribal-looking dudes wearing rags with dirt and poo poo caked in their hair also have bigass spaceships

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wln9XWtt0mU Even Netflix hates Voyager.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Weren't the Kazon supposed to be space gangbangers?

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

Weren't the Kazon supposed to be space gangbangers?

They were space slaves that overthrew their masters and then fragmented and achieved nothing but looting and infighting, so yes.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Also, they were so garbage that the Borg didn't want them. That's gotta sting.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Nine pages in and no one has, as far as I know, mentioned the best thing to come out of Voyager:

Aww yusss.

Seriously though, this game was a ton of fun, I spent way too much time playing its deathmatch and you bet your sweet bippy I bought a boxed copy of the expansion pack!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had a $5 TNG game that made me motion sick and i couldnt tell wtg was going on

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Isaac posted:

I had a $5 TNG game that made me motion sick and i couldnt tell wtg was going on

was it bridge commander

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

treiz01 posted:

Nine pages in and no one has, as far as I know, mentioned the best thing to come out of Voyager:

Aww yusss.

Seriously though, this game was a ton of fun, I spent way too much time playing its deathmatch and you bet your sweet bippy I bought a boxed copy of the expansion pack!

for real janeway should have been courtmarshaled for not duct taping a bunch of I-Mods onto the outside of the ship and just wrecking borg poo poo.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

treiz01 posted:

Aww yusss.

Most everything Raven did was gold. I scored a Warez version before I bought a hardcopy, and there were a few alternate endings that never showed up in the retail copy.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

was it bridge commander

Nah there were lots of fps bits

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Might of been the star trek generations game

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Blistex posted:

Most everything Raven did was gold. I scored a Warez version before I bought a hardcopy, and there were a few alternate endings that never showed up in the retail copy.

Waa huh? Like, your copy was a beta or something and had stuff that didn't show up in the final code?

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

treiz01 posted:

Aww yusss.

Virtual Voyager was fun. I could never get EF2 to work very well on a modern system.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

What is treks deal with making their main hero come from some rugged area, no one is ever just from NYC reppin' a borough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saOOdJd5BZc&t=72s

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

treiz01 posted:

Waa huh? Like, your copy was a beta or something and had stuff that didn't show up in the final code?

Yup. Hard to remember now, but one of the endings had the Borg assimilating the main alien enemy after you crippled their shields.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Volcott posted:

Also, they were so garbage that the Borg didn't want them. That's gotta sting.

didn't they have trouble finding water? you know, the single most abundant chemical compound in the universe? fuckin morons. the writers.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
While watching voyager the other day i was wondering what the night shift crew eats. neelix is presumbly sleeping and replicators are rationed. are they forced to est leftovers, is there a night chef, or does the night crew get bonus replicator rations as incentive?

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
While watching voyager the other day i was wondering what the night shift crew eats. neelix is presumbly sleeping and replicators are rationed. are they forced to est leftovers, is there a night chef, or does the night crew get bonus replicator rations as incentive?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Luvcow posted:

how come people didn't like the scott bacula one?

Bakula is the dumbest captain by a country mile.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

What does a night shift matter in space on a vessel that is going from one world to another, all operating on different rotations, day-night cycles, etc.

It's not like you've got to get home from work early because your kid in a baseball game or you want to catch the latest episode of Federation Idol.

That should be a story, though: The entire night shift bridge made up of non-senior staff ends up having a major problem with an alien vessel and this crew of nobodies manages to solve a major crisis without waking the senior staff.

"No, listen, we make that call and the next thing you know you've got Janeway up here. You know who else is going to be here? Paris, Kim, Chakotay, Tuvok, all of 'em! Even Neelix will squirm his way up here. Then we're looking at a shooting war because they're all always fuckin' it up. Let's just handle this like we mostly do: Off the record!"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

JediTalentAgent posted:

What does a night shift matter in space on a vessel that is going from one world to another, all operating on different rotations, day-night cycles, etc.

It's not like you've got to get home from work early because your kid in a baseball game or you want to catch the latest episode of Federation Idol.

That should be a story, though: The entire night shift bridge made up of non-senior staff ends up having a major problem with an alien vessel and this crew of nobodies manages to solve a major crisis without waking the senior staff.

"No, listen, we make that call and the next thing you know you've got Janeway up here. You know who else is going to be here? Paris, Kim, Chakotay, Tuvok, all of 'em! Even Neelix will squirm his way up here. Then we're looking at a shooting war because they're all always fuckin' it up. Let's just handle this like we mostly do: Off the record!"

like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ApQrbhQp8

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
why didnt thye make the whole starship out of sexy borgs

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
budgetary concerns

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

This should have been an episode, seriously

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Night Shift: No paper-work, no problems

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tragic that we could have finally gotten this

Now that Strahan is gone, but cant because Kelly Ripa thinks she can go it alone.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

:nws:
http://oi64.tinypic.com/34q8uo1.jpg

meet girls at the store fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Everyone is just missing the fight going on through the windows in their quarters as the episode goes on.

"They're firing photon torpedoes!"
"Slow Evasive action! Veer gently to port and up a bit! We don't want to jostle anyone! Open hailing frequencies and find out what they want! Water?! Are we still running into ships trying to steal water?!"