Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Nearly unlocked the Jawa Engineer, really wanna roll a Jawa squad but they seem pretty useless unless you're up against droids. Makes sense I guess. I guess a Jawa/Ewok little creepy little people team is doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
IGD has a new T5 raid.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man loving Luke is the highest dude I have and he's only level 71 I don't have a poo poo load of credits to burn trying to level some dude just for one Omega mat.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

If he's high star level and geared up, he might be able to carry the team.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

If he's high star level and geared up, he might be able to carry the team.

He's 7* gear level 7. I'm not quite sure he's there yet. I'm going to try it a few more times to see.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

MarcusSA posted:

He's 7* gear level 7. I'm not quite sure he's there yet. I'm going to try it a few more times to see.

I had geo soldier 7* g8 lvl 71 , luke g6 5* lvl 50, biggs g6 5* lvl 51. I swapped luke for poggle g5 4* lvl 50 and levelled biggs to 62 and i was able to carry through with geo soldat. The trick was keeping biggs alive to the final round to burn through the tie pilot and stormtrooper.

Your luke is big enough that if you had 2 level 60s backing him up you might be able to clear it.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Ran vader/rg/ewok elder today and it was lol. Rex killed rg and then elder rezzed and healed him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
For everyone doing the omega gear event here is a guide someone made to prioritize what you spend them on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4kcr28/what_are_the_musthave_omega_ability_upgrades/d3e74we

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Ok so I'd like some suggestions and help about what I should develop in terms of my characters.

I've read the suggestions in the OP, but some of them are out of my reach for the time being, but I am developing the recommended characters that are listed there.

I am not a whale, I haven't spent a cent on this game and I won't.

Here's my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/modesix/collection/

Please input would be very welcome.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 22, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ModeSix posted:

Ok so I'd like some suggestions and help about what I should develop in terms of my characters.

I've read the suggestions in the OP, but some of them are out of my reach for the time being, but I am developing the recommended characters that are listed there.

I am not a whale, I haven't spent a cent on this game and I won't.

Here's my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/modesix/collection/

Please input would be very welcome.

It looks like you've spread out your arena tokens a bit...it's generally a better idea to focus on one hero to 7*, then move onto the next. We've generally put a lot of emphasis on Sid, but he does fall off after 70, whereas ST Han is actually really good now, so you might want to think about putting all your arena tokens into him. I would really recommend using all your GW credit on Lumi, she's solid in every mode you can use her...it's not until you start using Cantina battle and hard mode only heroes that you stop using Lumi. It looks like you've been doing droids, and that's not bad right now for a couple reasons -- there's apparently a droid event that will be going on, and also Jawa Engineer was just added, and has a lot of droid synergy -- but he requires raids, so, it's worth joining one of our guilds. If you plan on sticking with droids, then finish IG-86 and HK from GW/Arena, then move onto Poggle and IG-88. Also, QGJ and Daka are really good, but they take a lot of time, so use your Cantina credits on them. You can also start using hard modes to farm Fives, and he's worth it. I'd also use hard modes on Dooku and JC, and depending on how much gear farming you need to do, you can also work on Rey, Ewok Elder, and Ewok Scout -- but these guys are very long term goals. Work on Geonosian Soldier with your Cantina battles.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I take my toons to 6* and then shift on to another one unless it is amazing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Qui GoonJinn goons:

We've cleared the pigs on the T6 Raid. Feel free to get some smacks in on the Rancor if you want to see how you stack up against T6.

I'm thinking we should spend at least one full refresh on phase 2 before we abandon the raid but I'm open to other suggestions.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

cowofwar posted:

I take my toons to 6* and then shift on to another one unless it is amazing.

I do the same, it's too many resources to invest in one if you're f2p with the risk of a nerf.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Malgrin posted:

It looks like you've spread out your arena tokens a bit...it's generally a better idea to focus on one hero to 7*, then move onto the next. We've generally put a lot of emphasis on Sid, but he does fall off after 70, whereas ST Han is actually really good now, so you might want to think about putting all your arena tokens into him. I would really recommend using all your GW credit on Lumi, she's solid in every mode you can use her...it's not until you start using Cantina battle and hard mode only heroes that you stop using Lumi. It looks like you've been doing droids, and that's not bad right now for a couple reasons -- there's apparently a droid event that will be going on, and also Jawa Engineer was just added, and has a lot of droid synergy -- but he requires raids, so, it's worth joining one of our guilds. If you plan on sticking with droids, then finish IG-86 and HK from GW/Arena, then move onto Poggle and IG-88. Also, QGJ and Daka are really good, but they take a lot of time, so use your Cantina credits on them. You can also start using hard modes to farm Fives, and he's worth it. I'd also use hard modes on Dooku and JC, and depending on how much gear farming you need to do, you can also work on Rey, Ewok Elder, and Ewok Scout -- but these guys are very long term goals. Work on Geonosian Soldier with your Cantina battles.

Ok great, thanks for the input.

ST han is interesting because I've always found him underwhelming, even at the lower levels, but I guess he's useful for something.

Droids, I like droids. :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ST Han doesn't do anything until his taunt his ranked up to last three turns and have all of the TM fuckery.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Anyone finish Cantina 7? Didn't have a problem 3 staring RG but the one after it wrecked me now that I have 7* RG. I lost a Lum and Phasma in the opening turn, and the phase 2 guy did a weird not an AE that hit kylo and killed aka somehow. I didn't even get to phase 3...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
3* all of cantina level 7 missions with my Jedi at 77 :smuggo: though some requred a bit of RNG and a timely mass Foresight from Yoda. I belive in that particular mission you want to stun or focus the Magnaguard first if I remember correctly.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Well plotted out who I have to divert attention to for the omega weekends. More than a few weekends will be carried by 1-2 7* 77ish. Or I have to level 2 droids to 70, jawa engi to 70 and first order storm trooper to 70 and add a star to him. The droids are 67 so easy. The rest are 55ish so yeah I am so credit hosed.

Fives, and Geo are waiting on credits for their 7th star. Rg, ewok elder, daka, and ig-100 all wait for credits to 6 star.

I have over 7000 training droids and no god drat money.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

xyigx posted:

I have over 7000 training droids and no god drat money.

Ah, 1st-world problems...

I just got my first 7* (Lumi), which means I can use my GW tokens to unlock Phasma next. I also finally unlocked QJG and Rey over the weekend. I'm focusing resources on getting QJG up to equipment 7 first, before I shift to doing to the same for Rey.

I've almost 7* sid (70/100), and will probably work on ST Han as my arena unlock next.

My main lineup chars are now:
Lumi 7*
Sid 6*
GS 6*
Daka 4*
RG 4*
Dooku 3*
QJG 2*

In terms of arena, I'm using Dooku, GS, RG, Lumi, and Sid. GW is the exact same roster. I use the same roster for the Raid as well. Actually, I use that same roster for everything. Should I make any changes to that?

Stalkerr fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 23, 2016

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

New player question here: when do I get the ability to change my name? I missed my chance early on for some reason, and don't really want to be known as Mol Eliza forevermore. I am player level 23, so I barely unlocked guilds and allies (and sent an invite request to Qui GoonJinn, which I imagine will be denied until my name is something different). There's no little pencil next to my name on my player screen, though I hear that's where it is supposed to be?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Arcturas posted:

New player question here: when do I get the ability to change my name? I missed my chance early on for some reason, and don't really want to be known as Mol Eliza forevermore. I am player level 23, so I barely unlocked guilds and allies (and sent an invite request to Qui GoonJinn, which I imagine will be denied until my name is something different). There's no little pencil next to my name on my player screen, though I hear that's where it is supposed to be?

Tap on the Player Level bar in the upper left corner. You should see your name with a pencil next to it. Tap the pencil to change your name. First time is free, after which it costs some number of crystals.

Edit: if there's no pencil, it's possible that you gave your age as <13 when you created your account. In that case you're outta luck.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

Tap on the Player Level bar in the upper left corner. You should see your name with a pencil next to it. Tap the pencil to change your name. First time is free, after which it costs some number of crystals.

Edit: if there's no pencil, it's possible that you gave your age as <13 when you created your account. In that case you're outta luck.

Crap. I suppose I'll see if I can contact their help department then. I didn't ever get a prompt to create my account, but I did delete and reinstall accidentally early on so that might have screwed everything up.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Arcturas posted:

I just accepted a level 23 named Mol Eliza hope that's you

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Lol, they just considered my new name choice as "innapropriate."

Captain Kirk

e: Cap'n Kirk works!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Twigand Berries posted:

I just accepted a level 23 named Mol Eliza hope that's you

Yep, it was. Thanks! Now to deal with EA customer support........

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Rancor died to a DoT and I didn't get to see the kill animation

Just looking at each other for a while

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
So, I went to work this morning and my game worked fine. Come home and now Bluestacks will not swipe in any direction using the mouse. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Antequek
May 30, 2014
https://swgoh.gg/u/antek-9/collection/

So I started playing about 10 days ago and I seem to be doing alright but I'm not sure if I'm spreading myself out to thin.

Squad arena: I'm not sure if I should focus on trying to 7* Savage opress or just commit to Darth Sidious (Sheeve), or if I should work on Eeth Koth to have enough jedi for the Yoda event.

Cantina: I'm currently working on Fives, after i grind him out I'll probably go for Qui-Gon JInn

Galactic War: I'm working on both Luiminara and Teebo

Looking at my roster which heroes should I prioritize?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Antequek posted:

https://swgoh.gg/u/antek-9/collection/

So I started playing about 10 days ago and I seem to be doing alright but I'm not sure if I'm spreading myself out to thin.

Squad arena: I'm not sure if I should focus on trying to 7* Savage opress or just commit to Darth Sidious (Sheeve), or if I should work on Eeth Koth to have enough jedi for the Yoda event.

Cantina: I'm currently working on Fives, after i grind him out I'll probably go for Qui-Gon JInn

Galactic War: I'm working on both Luiminara and Teebo

Looking at my roster which heroes should I prioritize?

Squad arena: I would focus on Sid.

Cantina Credits: I would really recommend QGJ/Daka. Fives is good, but he's not THAT good.

Cantina Battles: GS

Galactic War: I would put everything into Lumi.

e: Actually, looking at that 4* Savage, it's probably worth taking him to 5 or 6. I think at this point, Savage may actually be better at GW and Arena than Sid, at least offensively. On defense, I pretty much ignore Savage until last, but offensively, you can do things like attack those with high counter chances and whatnot.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 24, 2016

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Yeah QGJ is super useful and great in any team. Daka is also great for Arena and will get you far in the dark side missions.

I would drop 5s for now and start farming RG as much as you can if you need a tank. He's awesome from 4*s and beyond. Chewie will fill the gap until then.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Farming RG loving sucks. You have one easy to farm hard mode node for him for the first 60+ and counting levels, for me. I can't quite 3* the mission at the end of hard 5 dark side for him and I am nowhere near able to farm him in the Cantina

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I've seen lots more 5's recently in the top 100 on my server. He has a huge hp/shield pool and his counter attacking and slow is a real gently caress you ;(

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Since the events in this game seem to want you to have a wide roster what are some of the hidden "good" troops of each category?

Also Biggs and Akbar how are they?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Biggs is average and a poor manīs Wedge, Ackbar is okay as a Rebel lead (or so I hear) and useful in raid P1.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hoth Rebel Scout is definitely the hidden master of cantina shipments for me.

Sidious and Phasma are the opposite. Phasma is still usable but neither is essential.

Old Ben is a monster I don't see as rarely as I'd like or as often as I'd expect.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Farming RG loving sucks. You have one easy to farm hard mode node for him for the first 60+ and counting levels, for me. I can't quite 3* the mission at the end of hard 5 dark side for him and I am nowhere near able to farm him in the Cantina

I couldn't 3 star that node without Dooku and Daka.

Yeah, that 2nd node made a huge difference for me in farming for him. Just hit 4*. Other than that, spending crystals on shards for him whenever they show up in shipments.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

For those of you interested in my silly customer service saga, I solved the "can't change your name" problem by logging out of Game Center, quitting the app, then reopening GOH, refusing to sign into Game Center, playing through the tutorial until it asked me for my name and age, then signing back in to Game Center. Now that it thought I was over 13, I could edit my name and am no longer Mol Eliza. Woo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Like the rest of us, you'll have to focus on building up something else while you slowly bring along your RG and Rey.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Someone named Anthony applied to IGD. Is that one of you? Add yourself to the spreadsheet if you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Is Leia only good in Rebel teams? Or when does she start getting good? I've spent the last week or so leveling and hearing her and am just underwhelmed so far, currently sitting lvl 77 (I'm still only 79) with Gear VII and 7*, I'm hoping Gear VIII is the turning point and should hit that tomorrow. For now I'm experimenting with Lumi(L), Rey, QGJ, Leia and 5's for arena, thought about Phasma lead but those heals have been clutch for me at least offensively.