Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

No tpink was a much better choice for the lynch because of the way he reacted to the pressure and votes on him.

And even if you have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is bad, it's still generally a bad idea to lynch someone with over an hour left when the game is at least somewhat active.

So I really think you're scum regardless of what PMom flips. If PMom is town, you saw a chance to lynch town. And if PMom is scum then you're probably angling for the 'I hammered scum' argument.

Hey guys, did you know that defending yourself from a bad case is a classic scum tell? True story. Sorry, TMM, next time I'll just self-vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i highly suspect that town power roles are gonna be a little weaker than normal: paranoid/insane cops, blank vigs, other fake roles to gently caress with people

reading the flavour of the game and podima's hint that this is a game where players solve games, not roles, points me in that direction

thus i suspect that we're gonna be dealing with less scum players rather than more

Yeah, I think given the flavor, the first flip, and the fact that the name of the game is literally Misfire Mafia, I think it's reasonable to assume that there are going to be a bunch of weird/watered-down roles.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok, ill just do it if there are 3 scum in this game since im leaning towards that.

if pmom is scum -

8 people will be alive tomorrow with 2 scum. that means it takes 5 to lynch. if we lynch tman and he's scum, 6 people (4 to lynch) will be alive with 1 scum left. one mislynch and we go down to 4 (3 to lynch). that will be lylo because a wrong lynch will mean there's 2 players and if one of them are scum they win. (two mislynches lose us the game)

if pmom is scum and we chain lynch tmman and he's not scum, then we go down to 6 people (4 to lynch) with 2 scum. that will be lylo as well since we will go down to 4 people (3 to lynch) with 2 scum. (two mislynches lose us the game)

so basically, if pmom is scum we have two mislynches before we lose assuming that there are 3 scum. if there are four scum then the next day is lylo (whether or not pmom is scum).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also I guess my overall gist with respect to TMM is that I die during N2, please lynch them and avenge me. Thx.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

A scream rings out.

"What's wrong, Eleanor?! What's going on?"

"I- I- it's so terrible! I was cleaning the rooms, and decided to dust behind one of the paintings, and... the wall behind it! COVERED in crazy Satanic scribblings!"

"Jesus protect us. Whose room was it? They might be a danger to the others..."

:rip: Pinterest Mom, Scum-Aligned Roleblocker, was never seen again after Day 2! :rip:

Night 2 begins now. You have 12 hours from this post to get me any night actions. This is a strict limit - if I do not hear from you by that time, you will forfeit your night action!

The next day will start sometime before noon EDT tomorrow, 5/24.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 2 :downsgun:

Pinterest Mom (6): tpink, Li Dawny, dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, Concerned Citizen
tpink (2): Pinterest Mom, TMMadman
vector_to (0): dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, Concerned Citizen, Concerned Citizen, Absurd Revolver, dongsbot 9000, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver
dongsbot 9000 (0): TMMadman, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, TMMadman
Absurd Revolver (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (2): flerp, vector_to :nono:

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 minutes.

It's a bit stifling in here. Several rainstorms rolled through earlier, but the clouds clear just as the sun sets. It's pretty.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

Catching up on posts - you keep saying there's a mechanism to kill lurkers, but not really though. They just get the -1 for a lynch. That makes it easier to lynch them, but still far from a foregone conclusion.

If you go another day, after the -1, whithout making at least ten posts then you are modkilled...so there is a method, but not a quick one.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
One last bit of bookkeeping - vector_to has been prodded to post more. He or she will be HATED tomorrow, requiring one less vote to lynch. If they don't post enough tomorrow (10 posts) they will be MODKILLED the following day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

"Good morning, Eleanor. Would you care for some coffee? Gertrude just brewed up a fresh pot."

"Oh, thank you, Marie. Couldn't sleep a wink last night after all the excitement."

"I don't blame you one bit, dear. Don't let it get to you - sometimes they get a little funny in the head. That's just how it goes."

"Well! It seems like there was a bit more excitement after we left - couldn't get any details out of the others, but it sounds like another one of ours passed last night. Shame - he was a sweetheart, even if he did enjoy that children's cartoon a bit too much. You know, the one with the ponies - my granddaughter always goes on about it."

"Best to not be too much of a gossip, Gertrude. Now come along, we've got things to be doing."

:rip: flerp, Town-Aligned Vanilla, was killed on Night 2! :rip:

Day 3 has begun! Deadline is Wednesday, May 25th, at 8:00 PM EDT.

Also, a reminder that vector_to is HATED and requires one less vote to lynch. This is represented by an anonymous vote on them in Votefinder.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 3 :downsgun:

vector_to (1): Anonymous

Not Voting (8): Absurd Revolver, CapitalistPig, Concerned Citizen, dongsbot 9000, Li Dawny, TMMadman, tpink, vector_to :nono:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 25th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

The sun is already shining brightly through the window. It looks like it'll be a hot day.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
BEHOLD AND BOW DOWN TO LEGENDARY LI DAWNY!

BREAKER OF SCUM!

MASTER OF ALL SHE SURVEYS!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

BEHOLD AND BOW DOWN TO LEGENDARY LI DAWNY!

BREAKER OF SCUM!

MASTER OF ALL SHE SURVEYS!

UMMMM are we really ignoring that I was the first person to make a case against Pmom and voting for them? I'm just going to pat myself on the back for sniffing out scum on D2. But also hooray for Li Dawny for joining my righteous crusade!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
So as I was saying:

tpink posted:

And poo poo, I don't know, maybe TMM and Pmom are scum buddies together after all? I didn't think so at first given TMM's lazy me-too vote, but now as he's digging in, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

tpink posted:

Cool. Still liking Pmom for scum, with TMM as a runner-up candidate.

TMM's jumping in on Pmom's vote on me for scummy as gently caress, and the only thing more scummy was their consistent defense of Pmom. Like, it's so bad that I am *almost* starting to think that maybe TMM isn't scum, because holy poo poo what obvious scum play that would be otherwise.

TMM, before I vote for you, I'm going to give you a chance to explain why you were so aligned with Pmom. But based on what I've already seen from you, I would be very comfortable voting for you.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, :rip: flerp. :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tpink posted:

Also I guess my overall gist with respect to TMM is that I die during N2, please lynch them and avenge me. Thx.

The fact that I didn't get killed during the night also makes me think that TMM is scum, given this post that I made before N2 - i.e., if TMM is scum, maybe he and his scum buddy (buddies?) decided to target someone else during the night to avoid getting more suspicion thrown on TMM.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ok, last post for now. Based on the votes, everyone's posting, and Pmom's flip, here are my calls for town so far:

- me obviously (for heroically sniffing out and leading the lynch on evil scum Pmom);
- Li Dawny and dongsbot (made a case for and/or had early votes for Pmom); and
- AR (just a general feel, plus early vote for Pmom).

I dunno about CC (late vote on Pmom was kind of suspicious). No idea about vector_to because he basically has been MIA and I suspect may well get modkilled today.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yeah given how often they voted together, and how quick TMM was to come to pmom's aid, he's easily my first suspect.

Li and Tpink both read town to me after the pmom vote.

vector's a little lurker who's gonna die today

CC is a little suspicious for jumping on the pmom vote, and now that flerp is flipped, is my second candidate for scum. My theory was TMM-pmom-flerp before the flips, but now that we know flerp was town that vote seemed like a last ditch bussing.

Cpig is also reading very town to me, but is my least solid read so far, so I'll go back and read up on his posts.

I'm convinced now that dongs is pulling the same gambit on me that I pulled in Shine, and is true town superstar forever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Then go ahead and vote for me. Town is ahead, so my death isn't really going to hurt town other than being a easy way for actual scum to breeze though the day.

I thought pmom was town and he clearly had me fooled. It happens, but wrong doesn't mean scum.

Knowing pmom is scum, I feel good about tpink. Although I'd advise town to be wary of either CPig or AR for flipping so quickly yesterday. And I'm still wary of CC for the hammer.

And finally, to use your own words against you:

tpink posted:

If AR and me were on a scum team together, the DUMBEST thing to do for me would have been to jump in and defend AR the way I have been. We already have a number of people who are ready to lynch him. The way things are going, I think it's likely that AR is going to get lynched soon. So if we were both scum, the right play would have been for me to say "umm yeah I agree vote AR" and try to at least get some town cred that way. I happen to think he's town and I don't really understand the votes for him. I am trying to prevent what I think is a town mis-lynch. I could be wrong but AR reads town to me and he's actually participating, so I don't think he should be the next person to get lynched.

The same thing applies to me. It would be incredibly dumb of me to hard defend pmom for so long if I was scum with him.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i think tmm is a pretty good dunk w/o considering anything else but im cool with not turboing within 15 minutes and seeing how cc act afk newbie today

i was sussing flerp too so great that they cleared that up 4 me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i think tmm is a pretty good dunk w/o considering anything else but im cool with not turboing within 15 minutes and seeing how cc act afk newbie today

i was sussing flerp too so great that they cleared that up 4 me

:ghost: jerk :ghost:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
So I took a closer look at cpig and I don't like what I see. Take a look at every single one of his non-joke votes.

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not goong to around in 30 minutes.

But here is this.

##vote rarity

CapitalistPig posted:

My mama told me I should do this.

It's how I do all my mafia votes, I ask my mom who I should vote for.

##vote dongsbot

CapitalistPig posted:

Sold

##vote AR

CapitalistPig posted:

sold

##vote vector

CapitalistPig posted:

I can get down with that. ##vote pinmom

It's all just me-tooing and unexplained voting. Alone it's not indicative of scum, but then I saw this:

CapitalistPig posted:

What is happening in this game again?

Again, not conclusive, so I'll ask cpig to explain his voting pattern before I throw any claims around.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

Then go ahead and vote for me. Town is ahead, so my death isn't really going to hurt town other than being a easy way for actual scum to breeze though the day.

I thought pmom was town and he clearly had me fooled. It happens, but wrong doesn't mean scum.

Knowing pmom is scum, I feel good about tpink. Although I'd advise town to be wary of either CPig or AR for flipping so quickly yesterday. And I'm still wary of CC for the hammer.

And finally, to use your own words against you:

The same thing applies to me. It would be incredibly dumb of me to hard defend pmom for so long if I was scum with him.

Yeah, this is honestly about the only reason I haven't voted for you yet -- the fact that you were basically 100% aligned with Pmom from the beginning is so suspicious knowing what we know about Pmom now that I am almost starting to think that maybe you aren't scum, because you wouldn't have been that obvious about it if you were. So I'm at least open to voting for other people today.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Absurd Revolver posted:

So I took a closer look at cpig and I don't like what I see. Take a look at every single one of his non-joke votes.

It's all just me-tooing and unexplained voting. Alone it's not indicative of scum, but then I saw this:

Again, not conclusive, so I'll ask cpig to explain his voting pattern before I throw any claims around.

hes actually me-tooing me whoever i vote for every time its awesome

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

tpink posted:

Yeah, this is honestly about the only reason I haven't voted for you yet -- the fact that you were basically 100% aligned with Pmom from the beginning is so suspicious knowing what we know about Pmom now that I am almost starting to think that maybe you aren't scum, because you wouldn't have been that obvious about it if you were. So I'm at least open to voting for other people today.

TM's undying allegiance to Pmom was weird. But I think you're right - it's such an obvious voting pattern that either he's the worst scum in the world or he was just town and wrong. I'm inclined to think town and wrong.

AR had been going hard on TM and dongs early in this game - if you think those two are town, AR seems like a good pick for scum. He did vote for PMom though so I don't feel like it's terribly conclusive enough to actually vote on it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I know this isn't exactly what I was thinking yesterday, but I've re-read literally everyone's posts at least three times and this is bothering me.

tpink posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pmom is scum. You might just be lazy and jumping on a bandwagon vote

Here's Pmom's posting that's making me suspicious:

Voting for AR with no real reason.

Voting Rarity (which I did too, to be fair).

Next immediate post after voting for Rarity is trying to get a lynch going on me, which as I already explained is a total bullshit case:

So for lack of better candidates for today:

##vote Pinterest mom

None of this makes sense as far as reasoning goes. People hate on AR and at least 50% of the votes he gets the first day are either jokes or people just not liking his play style, so I get why PM voted for him. He's an easy target for scum to try and hit because he's excitable and kinda flighty with his votes.
The second part, Rarity, is pointless to bring up because everyone voted Rarity. That's why Rarity is dead, sorry about that btw.
The last one is basically "if you vote for me, I'm going to vote for you" and I get the impulse, but it's dumb.

Then, we have this

tpink posted:

UMMMM are we really ignoring that I was the first person to make a case against Pmom and voting for them? I'm just going to pat myself on the back for sniffing out scum on D2. But also hooray for Li Dawny for joining my righteous crusade!

The insistence of "well I started the vote so..." feels like a desperate attempt to jump around saying "I voted PM first so I can't be town, look at me, look at me"

And then I started thinking about things a bit more. Yeah, Pink and PM both voted for each other, but neither really had reasons why besides "eff that other guy" and that bothered me. It seemed like more of a ploy to divide the camp and maybe force a no-lynch or possibly as insurance along the lines of "I voted for x, they were scum, so I'm not." I just feel like if either of them had actual desire to lynch the other it would have been more about why the other person is scummy, not just that they are so deal with it.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I was thinking about whether the PMom/tpink thing was a ploy, Li Dawny, but I doubt it. The strategy would basically be sacrificing one to exonerate the other, which just doesn't seem like a particularly smart scum strategy at this stage of the game.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, I know this isn't exactly what I was thinking yesterday, but I've re-read literally everyone's posts at least three times and this is bothering me.

None of this makes sense as far as reasoning goes. People hate on AR and at least 50% of the votes he gets the first day are either jokes or people just not liking his play style, so I get why PM voted for him. He's an easy target for scum to try and hit because he's excitable and kinda flighty with his votes.
The second part, Rarity, is pointless to bring up because everyone voted Rarity. That's why Rarity is dead, sorry about that btw.
The last one is basically "if you vote for me, I'm going to vote for you" and I get the impulse, but it's dumb.

Then, we have this

The insistence of "well I started the vote so..." feels like a desperate attempt to jump around saying "I voted PM first so I can't be town, look at me, look at me"

And then I started thinking about things a bit more. Yeah, Pink and PM both voted for each other, but neither really had reasons why besides "eff that other guy" and that bothered me. It seemed like more of a ploy to divide the camp and maybe force a no-lynch or possibly as insurance along the lines of "I voted for x, they were scum, so I'm not." I just feel like if either of them had actual desire to lynch the other it would have been more about why the other person is scummy, not just that they are so deal with it.

You were doing so well playing this game, Li Dawny, what happened. :(

Yes, part of my voting for Pmom was because gently caress that guy for voting for me for no reason. But him trying to get a lynch going on me really did read scummy to me, and coupled with his vote for Rarity and not really responding to questions that I asked, that was enough for me to decide to vote for him. I stand by it and obviously I was right.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

lmao , have you played with me before?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i havent

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

lmao , have you played with me before?

I'm not sure if I have, actually.

If it's just how you play, then that helps explain it.

Still, it comes off as kinda suspicious for town.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

one time i played a game that cpig hosted and i got thunderdomed day 2 by a vanilla town fakeclaiming cop

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

great experience

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I still think TMM or CC are our best bets, I was just curious about your voting pattern.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

I'm not sure if I have, actually.

If it's just how you play, then that helps explain it.

Still, it comes off as kinda suspicious for town.

Generally speaking , town or scum, I am a low effort poo poo posting jerk who only gets serious when I feel it.

Feeling it sometimes takes a while and also I am really bad at this game in the traditional sense.

Basically a shitposting idiot with flashes of genius.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

I still think TMM or CC are our best bets, I was just curious about your voting pattern.

I actually agree, though I'm not super convinced by TMM because it would be weird for him to defend pmom so hard if he was her scumbud because that is like, dumbo scumbo.

CC and maybe tpink I could see as scummy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In pretty sure the remaining scum are in the group of CPig/CC/vector with AR being right on the border.

I don't think tpink is scum with PMom because it would be really strange play to hard bus each other on D2 with tpink leading a charge on the roleblocker since that's usually an important scum role.

I don't think Li is scum because she made a big case against PMom when she could have easily just jumped onto the tpink vote.

I'm a little torn on dongsbot, but again I think a scum dongsbot would move to tpink instead of the roleblocker. And I know I'm town.

So that leaves the late PMom votes: CPig/AR/CC plus the non voting vector. I'm giving AR a bit of a town lean here because PMom was looking to lynch him on D1. Now that could be a bit of a bus/distancing vote but it seems unlikely given that PMom did push a bit for AR to be lynched. I'm not concerned about vector at the moment because if he doesn't post he'll get mod killed today.

I think the right move here is to ##vote CPig because he's just skimming along on the surface.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

what if its the ole wifom scumbit im not scum cuz i defended my scumbo friend TOO MUCH

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMMadman posted:

In pretty sure the remaining scum are in the group of CPig/CC/vector with AR being right on the border.

I don't think tpink is scum with PMom because it would be really strange play to hard bus each other on D2 with tpink leading a charge on the roleblocker since that's usually an important scum role.

I don't think Li is scum because she made a big case against PMom when she could have easily just jumped onto the tpink vote.

I'm a little torn on dongsbot, but again I think a scum dongsbot would move to tpink instead of the roleblocker. And I know I'm town.

So that leaves the late PMom votes: CPig/AR/CC plus the non voting vector. I'm giving AR a bit of a town lean here because PMom was looking to lynch him on D1. Now that could be a bit of a bus/distancing vote but it seems unlikely given that PMom did push a bit for AR to be lynched. I'm not concerned about vector at the moment because if he doesn't post he'll get mod killed today.

I think the right move here is to ##vote CPig because he's just skimming along on the surface.

y arent u voting for ur scum 3rd bud, concerned citizen

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im just gonna vote for whoever li votes for so ill just shitpost until then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Lmao, how many times do you have to play with me to get it through your thick head.

• Locked thread