Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hixalot posted:

Is Leia only good in Rebel teams? Or when does she start getting good? I've spent the last week or so leveling and hearing her and am just underwhelmed so far, currently sitting lvl 77 (I'm still only 79) with Gear VII and 7*, I'm hoping Gear VIII is the turning point and should hit that tomorrow. For now I'm experimenting with Lumi(L), Rey, QGJ, Leia and 5's for arena, thought about Phasma lead but those heals have been clutch for me at least offensively.

Thar she blows!

Yes, she's incredible on rebel teams, but also just good in general. In fact, rebel teams don't really work without* her.

edit* sorry

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chilichimp posted:

Thar she blows!

Yes, she's incredible on rebel teams, but also just good in general. In fact, rebel teams don't really work with her.

Haha, more luck then massive spending.

I keep hearing that was just underwhelmed with performance (unlike Rey and 5's that totally deserve the hype) so maybe just don't get it. Everyone loves Daka too and don't like her either. Maybe just bad at this game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
meant to say without her* Leia is the beast that makes rebel teams work.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Great, start another raid, assemble my team -client restart- now I'm stuck on the loading cantina screen

Hope it's not another lost day like last time

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I fear the day Leia is made farmable. Sure, Rey hits slightly harder but at least she doesn't buff the rest of her team and doesn't go untargettable...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hixalot posted:

Is Leia only good in Rebel teams? Or when does she start getting good? I've spent the last week or so leveling and hearing her and am just underwhelmed so far, currently sitting lvl 77 (I'm still only 79) with Gear VII and 7*, I'm hoping Gear VIII is the turning point and should hit that tomorrow. For now I'm experimenting with Lumi(L), Rey, QGJ, Leia and 5's for arena, thought about Phasma lead but those heals have been clutch for me at least offensively.

Anytime I run into her in Arena, she's a beast. Part of the reason is that she's fast, and she has a stealth, so she becomes untargetable very quickly. After that, she seems to have a very high chance to hit 3 times, and one of those shots is going to trigger crit up. The teams I see this in are generally something like Ben/Dooku (L), Rey, GS, RG, Leia. Rey and GS with Offence up and Crit up is very scary. Also, I've seen Leia triple shot for over 15k, so there's that.

e:
For those curious about the droid event
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4kvbfh/droid_event_is_live_requires_energy_now/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4kvhvq/eacg_exactly_how_many_times_am_i_expected_to_let/

Reddit posted:

I currently have L76 IG86, G8+, 7 star, L68 IG88, G7+, 7 star, and L68 HK 47 G8, 7 Star, L55 IG100, G7, 4 Star (throwaway, but still)
I couldn't complete the first phase. Only one try so far, because, you know... 22 f'ng energy, but.. yeah.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 24, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jibo posted:

Qui GoonJinn goons:

We've cleared the pigs on the T6 Raid. Feel free to get some smacks in on the Rancor if you want to see how you stack up against T6.

I'm thinking we should spend at least one full refresh on phase 2 before we abandon the raid but I'm open to other suggestions.

Stick it out! Attachment to immediate reward is the lure of the Dark Side!

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Mile'ionaha posted:

Stick it out! Attachment to immediate reward is the lure of the Dark Side!

We are well past the half way mark now, and phase 3 seems even easier than phase two so it would be a huge waste to abandon now. We will just get to run t5s back to back for a few weeks as we burn off coins.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Do the rewards for the droid event ever get good? They seem to be pure poo poo.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Do the rewards for the droid event ever get good? They seem to be pure poo poo.

up until the last tier, it's just a training droid, some credits, and a random jawa shard. the last tier is pretty good, but it's also very hard. I feel that all of the tiers that give a shard are worth doing, but they're not spectacular

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
IGD here with missing the last few raids since they start and are over while I and tab are at work we are but hurting for guild coins and materials.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

xyigx posted:

IGD here with missing the last few raids since they start and are over while I and tab are at work we are but hurting for guild coins and materials.

Yeah, we bring it under 75% hp in p4 within 3 hours and then it takes 4-6 hours for people to finish it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Maybe we could try heroic once, too? From what I read the boss HP is reduced by 70% compared to T6?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Maybe we could try heroic once, too? From what I read the boss HP is reduced by 70% compared to T6?

The main issue is that you don't get a refresh and can only use 7* guys. Folks on Reddit were saying you need something like 3-4 full 7* teams per person. According to https://swgoh.gg/g/145/ima-goondi/ we are pretty close to that, but maybe more folks could add themselves to that site so we could judge if we have enough people?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I thought about getting the droid bundle, but I already have HK-47 (I got him by mistake instead of Sidious) and IG-86, both at four stars. I've almost unlocked IG-88. If I buy that bundle and already have two of the three characters, how many shards do I get? I tried google, but the brown sea has conflicting info.

I found this on Reddit:

If you already have the character a bundle unlock give you:

1*: 7 shards
2*: 15 shards
3*: 25 shards
4*: 32 shards

Doesn't look like it's worth it even though I like droids. Beep boop. :roboluv:

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 25, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trapt posted:

Yeah, we bring it under 75% hp in p4 within 3 hours and then it takes 4-6 hours for people to finish it.

Maybe we need to tell our FOUR loving MILLION DAMAGE whales to calm the gently caress down and save some attempts for later that night... or we need to start earlier... or maybe we need to do another T6, because we've got 10+ guys who are all hitting in the millions range.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I can't even remember the last time I got to take a shot at the QGJ raid before it ended so I say we go to the next difficulty level. Clearly we're overpowered for the tier we're at right now.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Maybe we need to tell our FOUR loving MILLION DAMAGE whales to calm the gently caress down and save some attempts for later that night... or we need to start earlier... or maybe we need to do another T6, because we've got 10+ guys who are all hitting in the millions range.

I only did 2 of my 5 fights on the last raid and still finished top 3. I think we're ready to try another t6 raid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

I only did 2 of my 5 fights on the last raid and still finished top 3. I think we're ready to try another t6 raid.

wtf are you whales doing to pull that poo poo off? Best I've been able to manage is just short of 300k on a phase 2 with Bariss, QGJ, Phasma, Lumi, and (SOME DPS). It's Luke right now, usually, but I'll switch it to Rey once I get another star on her.

Is it seriously just phase 1 turn manipulation?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

That is probably the best thing to try first. I think most of us are near to having at least 2 full teams for that.

∆∆∆ it's not so much whales as a number of us have purpose built raid teams that allow for tons of damage.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 25, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, next raid is T6 then.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

To be fair, the 4m damage was only one attempt and by the time I finished, the raid was already on phase 4.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

To be fair, the 4m damage was only one attempt and by the time I finished, the raid was already on phase 4.

Jesus finger-lickin' Christ.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Which goon guild has space? I've been playing this since launch, but forgot that guilds existed for a while.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Merrill Grinch posted:

Which goon guild has space? I've been playing this since launch, but forgot that guilds existed for a while.

IGD has one right now

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Ok, I've applied! Thanks!

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Merrill Grinch posted:

Ok, I've applied! Thanks!

I made your dreams come true

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

What team? I am working on getting my Teebo leveled up, and want to figure out who else I should be working on.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

two_step posted:

What team? I am working on getting my Teebo leveled up, and want to figure out who else I should be working on.

Most likely an omega basic QGJ. While I didn't put his numbers on the board, I also used an omega basic Fives and 2 heavy hitters (Rey and Geo soldier).

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Merrill Grinch posted:

Also looking for a goon guild spot. Put myself in the spreadsheet, if that's still a thing that's used.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Ugh, I've finally hit GW where the last 2 nodes are insta-kills for my team. All it takes is Rey to have a turn, and she one-shots even my full-health folks. I had to burn through 14 characters to kill her.

And I'm only level 62. Well, getting that last node was nice while it lasted.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stalkerr posted:

Ugh, I've finally hit GW where the last 2 nodes are insta-kills for my team. All it takes is Rey to have a turn, and she one-shots even my full-health folks. I had to burn through 14 characters to kill her.

And I'm only level 62. Well, getting that last node was nice while it lasted.

To top it off the lovely thing about GW is that you HAVE to do it every day or you won't be able to do poo poo because you aren't getting credits from anything else except maybe what 600k a week from the bounty missions? GW is the lone source of credits for the game and it's a lovely daily slog it's even worse when you do them back to back for the guild rewards.

gently caress the Galactic Chore they need to revamp that poo poo. I like the game and I've dumped a decent amount of cash into it but I really do not enjoy doing the GW.

This message brought to you by someone who just did two GW's back to back.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My GW has gone down in difficulty for me, and it's rare I run into a team higher than level 62 now for some reason v:shobon:v

I wish they'd raise the payout now that the level cap is higher, though

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Also looking for suggestions as to what I should be pursuing/focusing my resources on at this point: https://swgoh.gg/u/urbanlabyrinth/collection/

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Dunno GW is easy as gently caress for me. 79 and no teams ever have rey, RG or st-han. It's just middle tier garbage toons.

I started in december and sit aroubd position 150 in arena.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd say it's mostly easy but it's still tedious as all gently caress.

My favorite thing is how every day for weeks now my first node has had Vader and he is completely unstunnable for some reason so even though he's always like level 60 I still lose all my drat protection immediately.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jibo posted:

I'd say it's mostly easy but it's still tedious as all gently caress.

My favorite thing is how every day for weeks now my first node has had Vader and he is completely unstunnable for some reason so even though he's always like level 60 I still lose all my drat protection immediately.

Do you seriously not have a B team that can deal with this

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

two_step posted:

For phase 1 I run Teebo (L), QGJ, Rex, Rey and Fives. With the slow from Fives and all the TM reduction, the captain barely takes any turns.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Just added myself to the spreadsheet and checking to see if any guilds have some room, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

So my iphone took a swim today and I have replaced it. Having never logged into game center (because it's obnoxious and annoying) it turns out my account is gone for good. I'm going to fire off one last email pleading for help, but most likely I'm out. QGJ, if I haven't logged in for awhile, please feel free to remove me.

E: Yup. It's gone. They offered me 10000 crystals for a new account. I've been playing for seven or eight months. I'm a whale. 10000 crystals is nothing. Feel free to boot Cap'n Kirk. It's been fun.

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 26, 2016