Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yeah I'm not making a vote either way until I'm absolutely sure this time. So far, Kasumeat's case is well put together, but Kashuno is definitely capable of countering it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Kasumeat (1): Kashuno
Kashuno (1): Kasumeat
Your Personal Muse (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober

Not Voting (4): Absurd Revolver, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Your Personal Muse

There are 6 living players. Elimination occurs at 4 votes!

The current deadline is May 25th, 2016 at 2 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 13 hours.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So I've mulled it over while lifting heavy things and being lifted by heavy people. Kas's case is pretty, although there are a few points where I disagree with him, at this point I understand his predicament being forced to case two other people even if you don't have a preexisting suspicion because I'm in the same boat. There is enough in the Kas case that echo my sentiments and I am inclined to agree with him. However, a few thoughts of my own.

The thing that gives me the most pause is Kas's treatment of the AR self vote. AR came off as incredibly genuine with that outburst (although I still think it's loving stupid to treat the game like this) and a lot of people thought he was town because of it. This would potentially cause problems for scum down the line. After all, if it's AR and one of the PRs in the final 3, the scum is pretty much boned. Given the level of play presented, I think Kas would know that he would have to discredit AR now so that if it was AR in the final 3, Kas wouldn't be fighting an uphill battle to lynch him. The idea that Kas had to go out and find this post from another game, while maybe not the hardest thing in the world, is very strange to me and gives me pause. I didn't like it when it happened, but I don't think I had the words to put what I felt.

This isn't the main point, nor should it be a sole reason to lynch someone, but Kash has been uncharacteristically good in this game. Like, to the point where it seems like he is a completely different person. I always read him as a guy who didn't think about the game too much and was a gut player, like a more refined CPig. Not to say he is "bad", but just not a traditional mafia player.

Here, in this game, he is very much on point. I don't think I disliked the AR case as much as Kas but there was just something so odd about it. And I think what struck me as odd was the desperation that came with it, like for the first time ever, I saw Kash needing to lynch someone. Like it was important to him.

I think because he is alone, and his back is against the wall, he isn't himself, and that's why I keep seeing him as "uncharacteristically helpful". Because he needs to be, otherwise the "lol ##vote Kashuno" will come out.

Please read this in addition to about 80% of what Kas wrote.

And I think, Kas, what seems so odd about his case is that he knows he lost no matter what. He even spelled it out and said its impossible for scum to win. I think maybe that case is just him playing so he isn't seen as a quitter.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Decent posts from YPM and Kasumeat, I am interested in seeing what Kashuno says.

It does seem we will have to drop the ball pretty hard now to not win at least.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I need to go back and look because I am getting the two "Ka" players mixed up in my memory, but I'm sure something can be gleaned from someone pushing nutsack post-my claim yesterday.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YPM was giving me bad vibes yesterday with how his opinion seemed to shift on nutsack at various points during the day but he's also made a handful of posts that at least appear to be thoughtful and genuine.

I think with a fresh read when I am awake tomorrow things should be pretty clear.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Your Personal Muse posted:

So I've mulled it over while lifting heavy things and being lifted by heavy people. Kas's case is pretty, although there are a few points where I disagree with him, at this point I understand his predicament being forced to case two other people even if you don't have a preexisting suspicion because I'm in the same boat. There is enough in the Kas case that echo my sentiments and I am inclined to agree with him. However, a few thoughts of my own.

The thing that gives me the most pause is Kas's treatment of the AR self vote. AR came off as incredibly genuine with that outburst (although I still think it's loving stupid to treat the game like this) and a lot of people thought he was town because of it. This would potentially cause problems for scum down the line. After all, if it's AR and one of the PRs in the final 3, the scum is pretty much boned. Given the level of play presented, I think Kas would know that he would have to discredit AR now so that if it was AR in the final 3, Kas wouldn't be fighting an uphill battle to lynch him. The idea that Kas had to go out and find this post from another game, while maybe not the hardest thing in the world, is very strange to me and gives me pause. I didn't like it when it happened, but I don't think I had the words to put what I felt.

This isn't the main point, nor should it be a sole reason to lynch someone, but Kash has been uncharacteristically good in this game. Like, to the point where it seems like he is a completely different person. I always read him as a guy who didn't think about the game too much and was a gut player, like a more refined CPig. Not to say he is "bad", but just not a traditional mafia player.

Here, in this game, he is very much on point. I don't think I disliked the AR case as much as Kas but there was just something so odd about it. And I think what struck me as odd was the desperation that came with it, like for the first time ever, I saw Kash needing to lynch someone. Like it was important to him.

I think because he is alone, and his back is against the wall, he isn't himself, and that's why I keep seeing him as "uncharacteristically helpful". Because he needs to be, otherwise the "lol ##vote Kashuno" will come out.

Please read this in addition to about 80% of what Kas wrote.

And I think, Kas, what seems so odd about his case is that he knows he lost no matter what. He even spelled it out and said its impossible for scum to win. I think maybe that case is just him playing so he isn't seen as a quitter.

Just wanna point out that it looks like you accidentally voted Kash here

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It was supposed to be a clever way of voting Kash

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

YPM was giving me bad vibes yesterday with how his opinion seemed to shift on nutsack at various points during the day but he's also made a handful of posts that at least appear to be thoughtful and genuine.

I think with a fresh read when I am awake tomorrow things should be pretty clear.

To be fair, at any given point over the weekend, I had a different opinion of Nutsack. I kept flipping back and forth over what I thought in my mind.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Regarding how I reacted to AR, I can see how you could interpret it as an attempt to discredit him . . . because it was. I had just been voting him! I was also the first to point out that his reaction felt genuine, and unvoted to think about it. But then suddenly he came back with the "I've never made it to endgame" thing and as I pointed out, it felt like he was lying because I felt pretty certain about how that game went down. Being caught it an outright lie is pretty loving scummy, so I was ready to vote him again and then Nutsack made that VT claim and then IS claimed and the rest is history.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Guys you can literally lynch me and still win the game. I won't have time read over it all until later, but tldr Idc if you lynch me because the game is already won. Kasu pushing me out of desperation imo

Also YPM I am a good Mafia player sometimes

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Kashuno (2): Kasumeat, Your Personal Muse
Kasumeat (1): Kashuno

Not Voting (3): Absurd Revolver, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober

The current deadline is May 25th, 2016 at 2 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 57 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Guys you can literally lynch me and still win the game. I won't have time read over it all until later, but tldr Idc if you lynch me because the game is already won. Kasu pushing me out of desperation imo

Also YPM I am a good Mafia player sometimes

I like the cut of Kashunos jib

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I like the cut of Kashunos jib

Same

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'm going to go with your advice Kashuno, I really took it to heart.

##vote kashuno

That wasn't sarcasm, you're right, no matter who we lynch of the unconfirmed we win if we're smart. My vote could have just as easily been for Kasu, but he seems like he wouldn't take it as easily.

I also have to thank you for your kindness this game, you understood my frustration and helped more than you might imagine with your words. We're going to win this, and I'm considering you amongst the winners either way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are you on the confirmed list AR?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

Are you on the confirmed list AR?

Yes, according to our resident tracker.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Yes, according to our resident tracker.

drat because you should vote kasu

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man I don't know what to make of Kasumeat's play at the end of the day yesterday. I actually like most of the posts leading up to that, but the whole GAMBIT thing is really bad, it's very illogical and if you looked at it all you'd see if was a huge stretch that Nutsack planned from the get-go to jokeclaim cop, bus his scumbro and then beg for protection and withhold the kill and hope that there was a doc and they actually protected him so he could try and be cleared town. When has anyone really seen that happen? Scum aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot over a huge gamble with so many uncontrollable variables.

That being said, we've all fallen in love with some crazy "scum gambit" idea that we think we see happening so so it's hard to put too much into that when the rest of the posting is solid.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno on the other hand has very very few posts I see as genuine or thoughtful or give me any sort of town vibe.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YPM is harder... I've gotten bad vibes a few times this game from him, but he's also made a few pretty solid points and hasn't really pushed a scummy agenda at any point, just been a little wishy-washy

I guess my preferred vote order at the moment is kash>ypm>kasu but I want to think a bit more because I'd rather win sooner than later.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also for posterity, AR isn't really cleared by not going anywhere on a night with no kill. Unlikely gambit to withhold the kill there (but you also can't rule out forgetting to send an action, Allen seems like a stickler for times) but there is the possibility.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also for posterity, AR isn't really cleared by not going anywhere on a night with no kill. Unlikely gambit to withhold the kill there (but you also can't rule out forgetting to send an action, Allen seems like a stickler for times) but there is the possibility.

This is true, but as you said, unlikely.

If you want me to eat the lynch I can, but If you don't assume I'm town, things get more complicated again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Look guys I'll be honest, the game is over.

##vote Kashuno

W I N T H I S F O R M E

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

This is true, but as you said, unlikely.

If you want me to eat the lynch I can, but If you don't assume I'm town, things get more complicated again.

No, not interested in that path today, I just don't want to die tonight and then no one remembers that and you sneak out a win because no one looks at you ever again.

Probably going to vote Kash really, but I still want to dwell

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:redhammer:

G O T O W N
O
T
O
W
N

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

loving saxophones man

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: more like sexophones amirite :ghost:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i luv Kash like I luv saxophone

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Kashuno (4): Kasumeat, Your Personal Muse, Absurd Revolver, Kashuno
Kasumeat (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober

The current deadline is May 25th, 2016 at 2 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 6 minutes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kashuno, John Linnell playing (She Was a) Hotel Detective, Vanilla Town, has been eliminated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiagMPrbJkE

Sorry, I was watching the end of Awful Survivor.

It is now Night Three. You have 24 hours to submit your actions and chat about saxes like the bass sax in the video I just posted.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

No one has died Night Three.

It is now Day Four. You have 48-ish hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (5): Absurd Revolver, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kasumeat, Your Personal Muse

There are 5 living players. Elimination occurs at 3 votes!

The current deadline is May 28th, 2016 at 2 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, tracker, what'd you discover.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The person I tracked went nowhere, but that's probably not a surprise since no one died again.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote Kasumeat

Hal may have blocked the kill, didn't Kash work out that scum had to kill last night?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Your Personal Muse posted:

##vote Kasumeat

Hal may have blocked the kill, didn't Kash work out that scum had to kill last night?

This is true, that was what was said.

Kasumeat was who I tracked, though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##vote YPM

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait you tracked Kas? ##unvote

Hmm I assumed that you were either calling your shot on me so that Kas would feel comfortable killing and you could track him or you really hated me. I'm glad it was the former, although I assumed it was the latter since you stated he didn't go anywhere.

Did Hal protect anyone? Because if he didn't I don't think it could be AR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Well, this vote is obvious for me.
##vote YPM

• Locked thread