Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Everything will be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

oh my god why did they bring the loving kid back

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Another thing that sideplot being a simulation showed us is how Shaw's mind is so happy to be outside of the typical simulation parameters that despite now knowing vividly about the sims she still can't tell she's in one. A bunch of stuff seems off but she shrugs it off because at least it not the same scenario that's been in her head over 7k times. She doesn't question why she doesn't just kill Greer and run off when even if he had goons she would do it in real life. The simulation is keeping her docile but she doesn't realize it.

I have to imagine, now that she's finally out, this is gonna gently caress with her pretty hard. Seeing the same thing over and over again can help keep you grounded, but showing you something different and then pulling the curtain means anything could be fake, and even while out of the sim she's probably never going to be able to feel sure again.

edit: Also the reason the Samaritan kid didn't work in s4 was because the kid was intoning as if he was Samaritan when he should have been speaking like a cold monotone children of the corn kid. Here it worked because he actually IS Samaritan.

Also it doesn't matter because he's literally only in this episode for the season as far as press releases have confirmed for casting.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 24, 2016

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

monster on a stick posted:

"Tomorrow, their world crashes. We can give them tonight."

:ohdear:

VVVV - unless this is foreshadowing for Team Machine

Zaggitz posted:

Yeah this is definitely a "next ep poo poo gets serious" foreshadow quote.

Yeah, the show was talking to us.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

No body worrying about Fusco? For shame.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Hollismason posted:

No body worrying about Fusco? For shame.

That tunnel didn't seem quite full enough for detonation, I'd think there would be a lot more bodies down there. Also thought the "destroy the tunnels" thing was Samaritan trying to fish out the Machine by brute force.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Like drat Bruce just DOA like that, that's too bad I guess.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I wonder if the Bruce plot was cut short because of scheduling because that was like the opposite of a blaze of glory. Dude should have just stayed hidden :(

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

My favorite laugh of this episode, as someone who has complained about unrealistic tech in the show, was when Fusco turned up the vocal track and turned down the background noise. Very Zoom and Enhance.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sub Rosa posted:

My favorite laugh of this episode, as someone who has complained about unrealistic tech in the show, was when Fusco turned up the vocal track and turned down the background noise. Very Zoom and Enhance.

That's not that unrealistic. It wouldn't be that great quality and I doubt it's something Fusco of all people would be able to do, but it's plausible, certainly nothing on the level of Zoom / Enhance.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bear better get out safe

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

Bear better get out safe

Fusco better get out safe too :mad:

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Has the actor-dog for Bear changed? I don't remember him looking like that, but haven't had the opportunity to go back and check.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The Elias subplot in this season so far, I can't help but feel that it's been pointless and they probably should have just let Elias die.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Mraagvpeine posted:

The Elias subplot in this season so far, I can't help but feel that it's been pointless and they probably should have just let Elias die.

Probably we have to see where it actually, you know, ends up before declaring it pointless.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's been two episodes.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Some motherfucker is complaining that Elias isn't dead? wtf

Enrico Colantini should be in every show :colbert:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"oh shut yer bloody cakehole, Paddy"

sure yer the best Irish uncle ever there was and so you are, Finch :allears:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
oh my sweet god Finch was that Twisted Sister you were singing there then

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i swear to god i'm going to punch things and break them if Fusco and/or Bear are hurt

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Reminder that there are two episodes tonight, back to back on CBS and CTV starting at 9pm(earlier if you are in maritime Canada)

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Sub Rosa posted:

I laughed at this. How would the computer even know which sounds are which? I mean maybe if it was just a general equalizer and he knew what to do to emphasize the voices. But this is TV, so really they just dumbed the idea down enough for people to understand what was going on.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm reminded a bit of a story they told during the DVD commentary for an episode of Leverage, where the network didn't think that something (a credit card skimmer, I think) was realistic. And they had to break the news to them that no, it wasn't realistic, that real credit card skimmers are smaller and less impressive-looking than what they put in the episode.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Prediction: Fusco is trapped and has to wander the subway tunnels in the dark until he just bumbles into The Machine on his own by blind loving luck.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
The Subway mass grave was a nice way to show the reality of Samaritan vs. how it seems to perceive itself, as tackling the world's worst offenders like terrorists and taking them out. I'm willing to give Samaritan the benefit of the doubt in that it was being totally honest to Shaw, after all lies had gotten it no where. And Samaritan does think it has the lofty goal of saving the world from itself. I'm not sure how much input the show runners have on every single detail, but there was that vast Machine prediction web that felt there was a very high chance of a mass casualty event in the future (the same that said Root would almost never be in a relationship). In the end it ultimately comes down to that Chess game Finch played with the Machine. It's not about winning Chess, it is about realizing that there are no pawns, only people.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I might have jumped the gun a little with wanting Elias dead, but Bruce is definitely wasted potential. I'm just hoping that the next time we see Elias he isn't just lying in bed and sad over his friends death; I want to see him actually get involved again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WM4KeTEeQ

For everyone's convenience.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I might have jumped the gun a little with wanting Elias dead, but Bruce is definitely wasted potential. I'm just hoping that the next time we see Elias he isn't just lying in bed and sad over his friends death; I want to see him actually get involved again.

Knowing Elias, I feel safe guessing that this is what gets him back in the game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I didn't notice the guy who yelled "an old Irish traditional!", that's great. Who knew you could do up Twisted Sister to sound like a protest song?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sorry dude she's taken

E: THEY EXIST

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 25, 2016

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I like how the machine is like "no, you do what I want"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo this is quite the move

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shaw is done with this poo poo.

:(

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I've really seen much more Shaw being tortured and abused than I needed.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think with Bruce dead now, they're setting up Elias to rise from his "grave", and go full-on shitstorm against the person or persons responsible.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FOUR ALARM FIRE

EEEEEEEEEEEE

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FUSCO

drat YOU FINCH

NOTHING'S WORTH THISSSSSSSS

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shaw's reaaaaaaaaaady. :getin:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is Root gonna steal a missile? Alright, sure, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

woodch posted:

I think with Bruce dead now, they're setting up Elias to rise from his "grave", and go full-on shitstorm against the person or persons responsible of Interest.

• Locked thread