Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Furia posted:

Is this dada stdh? Have we reached that point already?

We reached that point a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Verisimilidude posted:

there are no open seats

Verisimilidude posted:

So I go to the next seat

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Another more severe racist saw the approaching black man and fled, creating a newly available seat.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
This guy is like the mqj jazz bar of STDH.txt

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Or he meant that there weren't any pairs of seats completely unoccupied.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Fedora Spotted

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I just came in perfect swahili, thanks for this.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Khazar-khum posted:

Fedora Spotted

Hey man thanks for the advice, you mind warning me if you see sombody like that? Thanks bro

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Hey man thanks for the advice, you mind warning me if you see sombody like that? Thanks bro

But what kind of person are we talking about? Intellegent: what does it mean? Well, intel is probably short-hand for intelligence, and legent is possibly an inflected form of lego, perhaps translating "they are going to read". So we are looking for a schizophrenic future spy.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Historical STDH

Mao Zedong when he was 73 years old swam 15km (around 9.3 miles) in 1 hour 5mins which would have made him a world champion by a large margin.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Farmland Park posted:

Historical STDH

Has there ever been any kind of research into the psychology of these weird blatantly impossible cult of personality claims? Like I understand you being a dictator but what's the point of claiming you're literally twice as fast as any other human swimmer ever, just shits and giggles?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Xen Tricks posted:

Has there ever been any kind of research into the psychology of these weird blatantly impossible cult of personality claims? Like I understand you being a dictator but what's the point of claiming you're literally twice as fast as any other human swimmer ever, just shits and giggles?

Depending on the era, it's a form of control due to the people not knowing better. I believe the people of North Korea legit believe all the poo poo they say Kim Jong-Il and Kim Jong-Un have done because there's literally nothing refuting them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

Depending on the era, it's a form of control due to the people not knowing better. I believe the people of North Korea legit believe all the poo poo they say Kim Jong-Il and Kim Jong-Un have done because there's literally nothing refuting them.

A lot of Americans believe they have freedoms that the US armed forces are protecting.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jerry Cotton posted:

A lot of Americans believe they have freedoms that the US armed forces are protecting.

:ssh: support are troops you commie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

They specifically do not believe in Kim Jong Il's poo poo.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I really hate to be that guy (but I'm going to do it anyway), but reports from North Korean defectors suggest that people are starting to question that poo poo, due in part to the Arduous March which killed between 200,000 and 3 million North Koreans, and also due largely to the increasing spread of TV and movies, particularly South Korean dramas, on USB (because they're easy to hide and share). It's just difficult to get an accurate read on how many people genuinely believe, and how many don't believe but pretend they do because not pretending can get you taken to a prison camp. However, even defectors who fully know that the entire regime is corrupt and built on lies find it difficult to break out of the indoctrination - some have reported struggling with their thoughts, while inside and out of NK, because they're raised to believe that whichever Kim is (officially) in charge at any given time is psychic and reading their thoughts, which leads to them actively trying to suppress thoughts of defection, because if anyone were to find out they were having thoughts, it's entirely possible that they and three generations of their family will be hauled off to concentration camps.

(Sorry I'm just a huge nerd for North Korea and really like talking about it :kiddo:)

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Xen Tricks posted:

He swam with the current flow so you have to account for that. Minus the river flow he would have only been slightly faster than the fastest swimmer at the time.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

They specifically do not believe in Kim Jong Il's poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7G_ZgbBzJ4

So... you're saying that when he shouts, huge storms DON'T always happen?

Gloomy Rube has a new favorite as of 20:51 on May 25, 2016

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

NotAlwaysRandom posted:

I work at [coffee chain] as a pizza deliverer. I am walking down the hall daydreaming when a Doctor Who enthusiast stops and stares at me.The girl starts muttering.We are in a poor area so we often get Doctor Who enthusiasts like this.

Doctor Who enthusiast: Can you believe that I swam 15km (around 9.3 miles) in 1 hour 5mins?

in perfect Spanish I reply "Welcome to [coffee chain] *blank stare* What are you talking about? I can't believe that you swam 15km (around 9.3 miles) in 1 hour 5mins."

Doctor Who enthusiast: "B****! You F** you just hate me because I'm a Christian!"

I reply "Beg your pardon sir, you cannot speak to me like that."

Doctor Who enthusiast: "You can't even use a computer! Believe that I swam 15km (around 9.3 miles) in 1 hour 5mins!"

I say "Sincerest apologies sir, I cannot believe that you swam 15km (around 9.3 miles) in 1 hour 5mins. If you cannot behave in a civil manner such as I am doing, you must leave this [coffee chain]"

The Doctor Who enthusiast starts shouting randomly and says "F*** O**!".

Meanwhile a short goon was walking past.

goon: "Greetings girl. I am a goon that has frequented this establishment on many occasions. I have never in my many years seen this level of rudeness from a Doctor Who enthusiast. Please do as the pizza deliverer says and vacate the premises promptly."

Doctor Who enthusiast: "Excuse me? Maybe you can believe that I swam 15km (around 9.3 miles) in 1 hour 5mins."

The goon suddenly spits on the Doctor Who enthusiast.

The Doctor Who enthusiast can't contemplate living and sprints away as fast as possible.

* deadpan* Me: "You're welcome to my undying love as a token of my deep appreciation for your help here today"

Without warning everybody cheered spontaneously. I ended up seeing the goon. We discovered she is my grandmother and have now hired her as the new pizza deliverer.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Where the hell do these come from?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

:golfclap:

goon spit is the deadlist biological weapon known to man, it's no wonder she ran away.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Looks like someone resurrected/remade the random STDH generator from the last thread.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Belpit posted:

Looks like someone resurrected/remade the random STDH generator from the last thread.

That's a thing? Didn't even know/notice.

I'm not sure if that's praise to the generator or a jab at the writing.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

ST_DID_H: A few years ago, after reading the STDH thread for a while I noticed that almost every NAR-style STDH had almost the same structure. I had the idea to make a template and randomly insert names/places/things, so I threw together some code. I thought I had lost it in a HD crash ages ago, but I found it in a backup and thought I'd put in a few updated STDH elements.

Basically it's just a random(ish) mishmash of a number of STDH stories, old and new.

MonoAus has a new favorite as of 10:16 on May 26, 2016

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Another example:

NotAlwaysRandom posted:

I work at [pizza chain] as a regular. I am at a table when a young girl walks through the door. Without warning the co-worker starts muttering. I smile sweetly.

coworker: Please, can you give me a kiss

I say "Saluations, madam!I can't give you a kiss"

coworker: "C***! You F*** O** I am !"

very politely I reply "Beg your pardon madam, you cannot speak to me like that."

coworker: "Just give me a kiss you ugly b****!"

I say "I am unable to comply with your request.Get outta here!"

coworker: "I don't like what I'm hearing."

Meanwhile a calm person (who happens to be white) was walking past.

in perfect french the person (who happens to be white) says "I believe the man asked you to leave."

coworker: "You don't know what you're doing. What is a person (who happens to be white) going to about it?"

person (who happens to be white): "I suck dick for a living" *starts to sing bohemian rhapsody*

The coworker is speechless and runs out in to the street without saying a word .

I reply "Thank you! Please have this voucher for 10% off your next purchase."

Without warning Everybody clapped spontaneously.I have now been in a civil union with the person (who happens to be white) for 3 years !

etc.etc.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MonoAus posted:

person (who happens to be white): "I suck dick for a living" *starts to sing bohemian rhapsody* 

Killed me.

The first one you posted really took me aback because I genuinely did not notice until I wondered why they where speaking in perfect swahili suddenly.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MonoAus posted:

ST_DID_H: A few years ago, after reading the STDH thread for a while I noticed that almost every NAR-style STDH had almost the same structure. I had the idea to make a template and randomly insert names/places/things, so I threw together some code. I thought I had lost it in a HD crash ages ago, but I found it in a backup and thought I'd put in a few updated STDH elements.

Basically it's just a random(ish) mishmash of a number of STDH stories, old and new.

I'm curious what would happen if you stuck it into a deep learning neural net.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't usually quote goons for content but somebody else crossposted this in the IoSM thread and I felt it deserved a happy home here

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

While on vacation I convinced a married couple I was rich and would pay them $10k to bang the wife.

quote:

Did you bang the wife?

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I did although it kinda ruined the trip as it was the first night in the same hotel as them and it became harder to come up with excuses on where his money was. I ended up leaving a day early because he was finally catching on that at that point I had maybe $200 with me.

The one thing that was odd was how much more mad he was about it then his wife. Not saying the sex was that good but she had a whatever attitude while I started to feel bad for him because 4-5 years down the road if they were still together it would be eating at him still.

Edit to add
They were married about a year at that point and took maybe an hour tops from meeting them at the hotel bar. The deal was she spend the night and I would have $10k for them in a day or two. She ended up staying till the next afternoon and it took a lot to convince her to leave. I had to play up the rich thing and it cost me like $125 in room service poo poo and was not worth it. I told her my family was co creators of Gatorade

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't usually quote goons for content but somebody else crossposted this in the IoSM thread and I felt it deserved a happy home here

[/quote]
[/quote]

That entire post should be the new word filter replacement for cuck

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Furia posted:

That's a thing? Didn't even know/notice.

I'm not sure if that's praise to the generator or a jab at the writing.

I've always liked that a lot of naturally-occurring STDH has about the same level of coherence as the generator.

MonoAus posted:

:perfect:

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
I actually thought

coworker: "Just give me a kiss you ugly b****!"

was funnier, but each to their own.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

:golfclap:

goon spit is the deadlist biological weapon known to man, it's no wonder she ran away.

Eh, it's no "I'm a master of psychology", but it'll do.

Glad that the generator lives though!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Do you have a link to the generator?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

(who happens to be white)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Saw this gem of stdh on Facebook.

quote:

GUESS WHO STOPPED A RAPE LAST NIGHT?! THESE GALS!

Ok, so we're still recovering from the events, but we wanted to tell the story. And if it seems like the photo is making light of a heavy situation, it's because we know FB prioritizes pics AND we needed to get your attention. This is no joking matter.

Monica, Marla, and I were at Fig at the Fairmont for their delicious happy hour ("Fig at 5." Treat yourself). I was going on about something and saw Monica staring behind and making a funny face. I stopped. "What's going on?" After a few second she said "That guy just put something in her drink."

Now, Fig is a nice restaurant. We were enjoying our charcuterie platter and some fancy cheeses. That type of place. They had a bottle of wine they were splitting. It seemed like a first or second or third date. After a few "Oh god. What do we do"s, I got up to find her in the bathroom to tell her. Warn her. Tell her to get up and leave this creep. Make him drink it. Something.

So, after feeling awkward hanging out by the sinks in the bathroom til she was done, I approached. "Hey! Um, this is kind of weird, but, uh, we saw the guy you were with put something in your drink."

"Oh My God." She said. Shocked, kind of numb, so I babbled "Yeah, my girlfriend said she saw him put something in your drink and we had to say something. Woman to woman...you know. We had to say something. How well do you know that guy?" I was expecting to hear "We just met," but I got:

"He's one of my best friends."

poo poo. Yeah. One of her best friends. They had known each other for a year and a half. They worked together.

I continued to talk for a bit and said she could ask "the one with the short blond hair" any questions since she was the one who saw it and then left her to return to the table.

When I got back, Marla was talking to the server about what happened. Seeing if he or the manager could do anything. Monica filled us in on more of what she saw.

"He pulled her glass toward him, kind of awkwardly, then he took out a little black vial. He opened it up and dropped something in. Then he tried to play it cool, like checking his phone and hiding the vial in his hand and then trying to bring it back down slyly." He apparently saw Monica looking. Marla said she was just going to lean over to Monica and say "that guy is acting really creepy" when she saw Monica already looking. Witnessing.

It only took a minute for the manager to walk to their table, see if everything was ok, allowed the girl to order a sparkling water. All super cool. He stopped by our table and said he couldn't do much because he didn't see it. But he did let security know.

The poor woman had to sit through 40 more minutes, sitting across from "one of her best friends" knowing that he was trying to drug her. Marla noticed him several times chinking his glass to hers to get her to drink. She played it cool. Mostly, I believed, just stunned. The staff wanted to jump in and dump the glass, dump him, do something! I was going through fantasies of walking up and demanding he drink the tainted glass of wine. Eventually, they finished up dinner. There was a delay getting their bill "The computer is down" is what the waiter kept saying to him. Then, in walks Santa Monica PD. They say "Come with us" and he doesn't protest. Doesn't ask why. Doesn't seem surprised.

The head of security came by and said that because we notified them immediately, they were able to go back and review the footage from the security camera.

They got him on tape. They had proof of him drugging this girl. They took the glass away as evidence. They kept us for statements. We asked the girl if she had a ride home. "My car is at his place. In his building. We came together." Part of a plan. We were blown away. She was still in shock.

But it wasn't over.

From every table In our section, from through out the restaurant, people came by to thank us for taking action.

"It happened to my sister...I'm glad I was there to take her home."

"It happened to my roommate at a producer's party. He's still messed up from it."

"It happened to me. At a backyard barbecue."

"It happened to me. At a bar I worked at."

"Some Heroes don't wear capes. Thank you. It happened to me. Thank you."

"gently caress yeah you guys! You fuckin rock!"

At least 10 stories of being personally affected buy someone like this. Something like this. Those were only the ones who knew what went down. I am sure there were tons more stories through out the restaurant and the hotel.

We kept thanking the manager for taking action. We are well aware how many people would not have taken what we said seriously. Not taken action. Said their hands were tied.

So thank you, everyone at Fig and Fairmont in Santa Monica for keeping this guy from harming someone.

And thank you in advance to everyone who sees this and shares this and reminds each other that yes, you SHOULD say something. Even if it's awkward or weird or just uncertain if anything can be done.

Know that YOU did something. And that it helped.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

"Some heroes don't wear capes."

They do know that we don't actually live in the Marvel universe, right?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
What would have been the guys end game?
Carry his date out slung over the shoulder when she passes out in her soup.
Or tell the staff his companion has taken rather ill and become catatonic but no need for an ambulance he'll personally drive her to hospital.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
If there wasn't a skull-and-crossbones puff of smoke that came out of the drink when he used his "little black vial" then it isn't drugged, quod erat demonstrandum.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Marenghi posted:

What would have been the guys end game?
Carry his date out slung over the shoulder when she passes out in her soup.
Or tell the staff his companion has taken rather ill and become catatonic but no need for an ambulance he'll personally drive her to hospital.

The story is ridiculous but most roofies make someone appear drunk, and work slowly enough that the victim is still able to walk and be lead away while their date makes excuses for them having had a little too much to drink. One of the warning signs is feeling far more inebriated after one or two drinks than would otherwise be typical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is date rape so common everyone in a restaurant has personal experience with it?