Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

BraveUlysses posted:

Dead Guy ale is good but gently caress the rest of their products

Fun fact: dead guy ale is not an ale.

Also the best rogue beer is the hazelnut one. It's actually balanced.

I'll forgive rogue for a lot because it was the first craft beer I ever legally bought, and I was 19 and in Canada on a big boat so the whole thing was memorable.

The town rogue is from is a sad place and the most bizarre choice of location for a Ripley's Believe it or Not I have ever witnessed. It's a slowly dying fishing industry trying to make up the difference with mediocre saltwater taffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Samfucius posted:

Fun fact: dead guy ale is not an ale.

Also the best rogue beer is the hazelnut one. It's actually balanced.

I'll forgive rogue for a lot because it was the first craft beer I ever legally bought, and I was 19 and in Canada on a big boat so the whole thing was memorable.

The town rogue is from is a sad place and the most bizarre choice of location for a Ripley's Believe it or Not I have ever witnessed. It's a slowly dying fishing industry trying to make up the difference with mediocre saltwater taffy.

Their beer is ok but it can't really stack up these days. Oregon is where all the big money in craft beer is flowing these days and the competition is really fierce.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

I went to a special event charity dinner at Sweetwater a few years back and they had a blueberry walnut salad paired with a basil infused IPA.

It sounded so disgusting but I swear to god it was the best Sweetwater beer I ever had.

Speaking of, Sweetwater did a seasonal blueberry ale and I couldn't even finish the bottle. Way too heavy on the blueberry flavor, like soda with hops in it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RNG posted:

Speaking of, Sweetwater did a seasonal blueberry ale and I couldn't even finish the bottle. Way too heavy on the blueberry flavor, like soda with hops in it.

Similarly, I bought this before and it's abysmal. It smells good but it's like bright purple and tastes medicinal

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I liked that blueberry wheat ale! But I also really love fruit lambics, so I am definitely not your average adult beer drinker.

Edit: the Sweetwater stuff, not bright blue beer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cash crab posted:

Most Ontario craft is garbage. I think there's something in our water that compels us to overdo poo poo in a heavily self-conscious sort of way, so we end up collectively pretending we all think Steamwhistle is decent and that adding fruit to heavily sedimented craft beers is the height of light-heartedness.

Also, I love this because the answer to "Who could ask for more?" is answered by the child. "Me," he says, "I want more. Feed me real food, you crazy bitch. I am calling CPS."

I would eat that. Of course, I also like SPAM :smith:

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Their beer is ok but it can't really stack up these days. Oregon is where all the big money in craft beer is flowing these days and the competition is really fierce.

I'd say this is my take on Rogue, it's not bad, but it's not quite as ahead of the pack now as it was 10 years ago when I first had Dead Guy.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cash crab posted:

Also, I love this because the answer to "Who could ask for more?" is answered by the child. "Me," he says, "I want more. Feed me real food, you crazy bitch. I am calling CPS."

welp, cool, thanks

(p.s. baked "luncheon meat" is extremely good, especially with like a marmelade glaze or something)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fried Spam is pretty good, really. (but I'm white trash)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have a soft spot for tinned meat products because when we were kids it was still better than my mums cooking :smith:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm going to the Rochester Food Truck Rodeo tonight :v:
Should I be on the lookout for content? I know I'm gonna be seeking out a curry or a falafel, or something. If I have enough money leftover, I'll see if I can find some kinda deep-fried desert monstrosity for you guys.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

whiteyfats posted:

I make spam omelets every now and then and they're very tasty, if I feel like eating a weeks worth of salt and cholesterol at once

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

whiteyfats posted:

Deffinitely, I always have a can of it on hand for "emergencies."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Similarly, I bought this before and it's abysmal. It smells good but it's like bright purple and tastes medicinal

Iirc that's actually put out by Budweiser, and yep, tastes like cough medicine.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Eponine posted:

I liked that blueberry wheat ale! But I also really love fruit lambics, so I am definitely not your average adult beer drinker.

Edit: the Sweetwater stuff, not bright blue beer.

Yeah, I love lambics too, blueberry beer just isn't my thing, I guess.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Aesop Poprock posted:

I remember drinking half of one of these at a party out of the bottle, and pouring the rest the gently caress out in the sink

when I did that everyone in the room with me, including myself, gasped at how blue it was. It really is shockingly, disgustingly, romulan-ale blue.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

At a bachelor party bar run last year one of my friends bought me a cucumber beer. I'm not a big fan of cucumber in the first place but I'll try anything once.

I take a big swig, the cucumber taste hits me and every sense of my body says "Nope." and right back out it came. Then the bottle foamed out all over me. No one else would touch it either.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

quote:

beers

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Trying to think of the worst alcoholic beverage I've had in my life and there's a clear winner.

It's my own fault for buying bottom-shelf liqueur, but I was curious about what kirsch even tastes like. I still don't know kirsch tastes like, but now I know what those blue urinal cakes taste like.

RNG has a new favorite as of 15:33 on May 25, 2016

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

They put this in swiss cheese fondues. It's the traditional recipe.

RNG posted:

Trying to think of the worst alcoholic beverage

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

:allears:
Is it distilled from artichokes, or is that just the mascot?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

deadly_pudding posted:

:allears:
Is it distilled from artichokes, or is that just the mascot?

It is infused with it.

Artichokes are very good for the liver so there's still that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I need this.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Yeah, I would probably try the garlic beer. 2 great tastes, etc etc

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RNG posted:

Trying to think of the worst alcoholic beverage I've had in my life and there's a clear winner.

It's my own fault for buying bottom-shelf liqueur, but I was curious about what kirsch even tastes like. I still don't know kirsch tastes like, but now I know what those blue urinal cakes taste like.

Someone has never made the mistake of buying Root Beer Schnapps :barf:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Amatriciana made with spam is pretty loving amazing, I will admit this without shame

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I had a jalapeńo beer a while back.

It was...um, exactly as advertised. I probably wouldn't drink another one. I dig both jalapeńos and beer on their own, but the combination of both was just too weird.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Jmcrofts posted:

Rogue is loving poo poo.

What? How could you say of the brilliant brewery that made BEARD BEER?

Don't you want to drink beer that's made with yeast from this actual beard?

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 20:14 on May 25, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Goddamnit, why.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess there's worse yeasty places you could make beer from

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Paging PCOS Bill

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Guess there's worse yeasty places you could make beer from
You don't say.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Wait, I apologize, thread. The Arrow kirsch just tasted like cheap cherry vodka, it was Arrow cherry brandy that tasted like urinal cakes.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Looks overcooked.

That's more like it.

Its possible to make efforts to cook chicken to 145F long enough to pasteurize it, but its such a weird texture and sensation to eat after a lifetime of well done.

I would want to meet the chicken going into sashimi, but that's also getting into creepy territory so I wouldn't mind avoiding chicken sashimi for the rest of my life.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Frosty Jack Cider. I remember when my student union had to keep reducing the price of this poo poo to get rid of it. It tastes like what I imagine paint thinner tastes like. I think it was the only drink they had that came in a plastic bottle.

Slátur, or blood pudding. So lumpy!

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

VendaGoat posted:

Do not dare besmirch the good name of Bloody Ceasar.

FTFY

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PubicMice posted:

What? How could you say of the brilliant brewery that made BEARD BEER?

Don't you want to drink beer that's made with yeast from this actual beard?

Have, would again.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

Just made these. Beef steak and red caramelised onion burgers on toasted onion bagels.

Shredded mature cheese on top of course.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Worst drink you say?

Some choice quotes from New York's top sommaliers:

quote:

a mix of corked Bordeaux, Saler's apéritif on crack, dead dog, and the Gowanus canal during summer."

quote:

It's like ... like getting your mouth washed out with soap. The nasty, floral, pink kind ... tastes like a tea bag soaked in moonshine ... They must be even more miserable in Chicago than I thought.

quote:

it’s lingering forever and ever, like a bad dream that seems super real, but then you wake up and it's not real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Man, what is with all the Rogue hate, whos mom did they kill? Their Hazelnut Brown is my absolute favorite.

This, however, is absolute undrinkable garbage:

Aesop Poprock posted:

My housemates and I are poor as poo poo and will make a very valiant effort not to throw away/waste booze but we passed this mess on to some unsuspecting victim after sharing one bottle.

Maybe the grossest yeast thing

quote:

Content warning: This post discusses food and contains embedded tweets containing misogynistic and disablist language.

quote:

It all started with a fatal combination of a slightly perverse sense of humour, a keenly scientific mind, and touch of the thrush. Waking up on Saturday with the familiar itchy burny fanny, I giggled to myself “maybe I could make bread with that”

quote:

I got curious and the next thing that happened was I was scraping white goop off of a dildo into a bowl of flour mixed with water.

quote:

It’s almost certainly no more gross than regular sourdough starter.

And the followup

quote:

#cuntsourdough

quote:

Content warning: this post discusses food and has pictures of food, it also mentions vomit

quote:

A lot of people on the internet seem to be under the impression it would taste like oval office. Of course it loving didn’t.