Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
oops meant to put that in scum doc my b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ok cpig brutally antagonise absurd revolver to make him flip his vote back to you

Ok here goes.

AR you blithering idiot newb scumface jerkbutt!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I hate changing my vote here, because I'm doing what dongsbot wanted, but it's just risk management.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

:drat:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok here goes.

AR you blithering idiot newb scumface jerkbutt!

:suicide:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

because of my playstyle ;)

No because I concluded that most of the other people left in the thread were likely to be town and that left you and CC out in the cold along with vector (who is likely to be mod killed) and AR as an edge case.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Oh no, it was too effective. R.I.P. AR

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

No because I concluded that most of the other people left in the thread were likely to be town and that left you and CC out in the cold along with vector (who is likely to be mod killed) and AR as an edge case.

Fair enough, I can see how that viewpoint could be established, even if it is wrong and dumb.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMMadman posted:

same but w/e you

so lets compromise and lunch cc and let vector get modkilled and see where we are

we'll still have two mislunches anyway according to flerp-mathematics

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

sry meant "w/" not "w/e"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

Just because I don't want anyone sitting at -1 for now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Fair enough, I can see how that viewpoint could be established, even if it is wrong and dumb.

Hah, like when have I ever not claimed to be wrong and dumb? Why do you think I always gets the most satisfaction from being right? It's because I'm often wrong and dumb. :)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMMadman posted:

##unvote

Just because I don't want anyone sitting at -1 for now.

r u scared vector_to is gonna come back from the grave to snap lunch your assumed scum pick

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tmm so scum

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Hah, like when have I ever not claimed to be wrong and dumb? Why do you think I always gets the most satisfaction from being right? It's because I'm often wrong and dumb. :)

We're all wrong and dumb now.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this game is done cc scum tmm scum its just a matter of waiting the days to get this through tmm u know that i'm gonna convince everyone to lunch cc today and then youre next lets just wrap this game up

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honestly tmm i would understand playing it thruogh if u werent against me but youre busted lol might as well type otu and we can all move onto the next games in our lives

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

r u scared vector_to is gonna come back from the grave to snap lunch your assumed scum pick

I am always adamantly against turbos. I've even argued against turboing when I've been a cop and have a scum result on someone.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tmm, how are you gonna do this, how are you gonna get to lylo when we lynch ur scumbud today

u prolly cant nk me tonight since i made you so bad today so you have to nk tpink? u know i can easily convince cpig and ar to lynch you tomorrow. same if you nk the noob. you have to nk ar? how are you gonna drive a mislynch on me? the game is over, buddy.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this game is literally over; there's no dishonour in just gging

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Except for the whole fact that I'm not scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

fine whatever

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay Dong, you gave me blind faith more than once and I really want to trust your instincts.

##vote CC

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

how long has it been since your last cigarette

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

come on li dawny dont tell me youre smoking again :(

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Li Dawny posted:

Okay Dong, you gave me blind faith more than once and I really want to trust your instincts.

##vote CC

we have come full circle

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

come on li dawny dont tell me youre smoking again :(

Actually I am, because I have the will power of an over-ripe tomato.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 3 :downsgun:

Concerned Citizen (4): CapitalistPig, dongsbot 9000, TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, TMMadman, Li Dawny
vector_to (1): Anonymous
CapitalistPig (1): TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Concerned Citizen, TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny

Not Voting (3): TMMadman, tpink, vector_to :nono:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 25th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

The room has become sweltering as the sun beats down outside with no breeze to cool things down. Marie and Gertrude set up a fan, which helps a bit.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i thought i typed a post but i guess i deleted it but it went something like this

"hey li maybe youre still smoking and if so maybe you feel bad about it cuz you cant kick it since addiction is a real hardcore thing and you need a strong support system (or $$$) to basically force you to keep up with it when your brain is physically telling you to quit and if thats all true maybe you dont wanna talk about it on the internet cuz youre ashamed cuz society stigmatizes you by calling you weak when your brain has literally been hijacked by nicotine and i just wanted to let you know that you dont need to talk to me about it since im just a strango on the internet but i just wanted to tell you that youre great and i value you as a human being in the exact opposite way of how i value absurd revolver because i dont value him because he sucks"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

quit not smoking but you probably get the gist

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why the hell hasnt concerned citizen been turboted

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

why the hell hasnt concerned citizen been turboted

not enough faith I suppose

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ok so I just went back and re-read all of CC's posts. It's not much and it's mostly noise. The late and seemingly half-hearted vote on Pmom is V SUSPICIOUS because it was close to a done deal by that point anyway, and it might have just been scum jumping in to get town points after things already went tits up for his scum buddy. That aside, no one has made much of a case for CC, so him siting at -1 (or -2 now) is also kind of weird. It's just been dongs naming CC a target and everyone going after it. As I said, I certainly appreciate dongs' way of playing because it's different and mostly based on feels. And who knows, the fucker may well be right. But we are up over scum currently, and I'd like to see at least a little more indication that CC is scum before we hammer. And I am just not seeing it yet. It's like a 50-50 for me now - and while in this game you by golly don't need to be 100% sure, it should be more than a coin flip. SO IN CONCLUSION: I just dunno if CC is scum, I'm not really feeling it, so pending more developments, I am going to hold back my vote. That said, if we start coming up on the deadline and it's looking like a no-lynch scenario, that might be a different decision.

I am going to LOSE it if dong is right and TMM's extraordinarily scummy playing has actually been a super clever double cross, where he's playing scummier than any actual scum ever would. But for now I am also not inclined to vote for TMM.

I also would not be surprised if vector flips scum after he gets modkilled, though if that happens, that's a really lovely way to play, especially in a game this small.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
It would also be funny if vector came back and made one post just to hammer CC. :marc:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

tpink posted:

It would also be funny if vector came back and made one post just to hammer CC. :marc:

vector is ded

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

he surfin the big wave now

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

tpink posted:

Ok so I just went back and re-read all of CC's posts. It's not much and it's mostly noise. The late and seemingly half-hearted vote on Pmom is V SUSPICIOUS because it was close to a done deal by that point anyway, and it might have just been scum jumping in to get town points after things already went tits up for his scum buddy. That aside, no one has made much of a case for CC, so him siting at -1 (or -2 now) is also kind of weird. It's just been dongs naming CC a target and everyone going after it. As I said, I certainly appreciate dongs' way of playing because it's different and mostly based on feels. And who knows, the fucker may well be right. But we are up over scum currently, and I'd like to see at least a little more indication that CC is scum before we hammer. And I am just not seeing it yet. It's like a 50-50 for me now - and while in this game you by golly don't need to be 100% sure, it should be more than a coin flip. SO IN CONCLUSION: I just dunno if CC is scum, I'm not really feeling it, so pending more developments, I am going to hold back my vote. That said, if we start coming up on the deadline and it's looking like a no-lynch scenario, that might be a different decision.

I am going to LOSE it if dong is right and TMM's extraordinarily scummy playing has actually been a super clever double cross, where he's playing scummier than any actual scum ever would. But for now I am also not inclined to vote for TMM.

I also would not be surprised if vector flips scum after he gets modkilled, though if that happens, that's a really lovely way to play, especially in a game this small.

OK, well, here's what I'm going to say: based on how I play (which admittedly isn't a ton), if I were you, I would hammer me. I have hammered people "suspiciously" in past games because I have always been willing to go with the coin flip hammer rather than do what I think is often reading pig entrails in the thread and seeing what you want to see once you already have a preconceived idea of whether or not someone is scum. That's fine if you disagree with that, but that's the way I see the game.

I don't think TMM is scum, for reasons I stated earlier - but I do think cpig is scum, not just because he's a dick but also because he has been playing incredibly scummily this entire game. There's basically not a single vote or action the guy has taken that has been a good for town. So I voted for him this round, and he in turn managed to turn a -1 situation for himself into a -1 situation for me. Why? Probably because he and other scum thought my post was "scummy" enough to cause a reversal of fortune before they got utterly hosed on a second consecutive lynch. I think it's weird that the guy everyone was ready to lynch suddenly has enough credibility to turn the tables after accusing me. Maybe that's partially my fault, but I think it's also because there's at least 2 scum who are working to move town away from the guy who, in my mind, is very clearly scum.

Why did I make my "suspicious" Pmom vote? Because I started writing a post where I said I could go either way between you and PMom. And once I clicked post, several other votes in the meantime had made that put PMom -1 away from being hammered. I thought I was the only active voter left who wasn't committed (turns out flerp still hadn't voted) and I decided that, gently caress it, there wasn't going to be a better case made given that I had already gone over you and PMom's past votes pretty thoroughly and it had been argued to death. I was suspicious of PMom on day 1 and decided that I was going with my gut and hammering the guy. I got it right, but yeah if you want to read it as a scum trying to ingratiate themselves with town then that's a reasonable interpretation and it might be one that I'd make too.

I'm not going to be upset if I get hammered - town is ahead and will be fine without me. If you think I'm full of poo poo, or you think it's even pretty likely I'm full of poo poo, feel free to hammer me. But yeah, it'll be a mislynch.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Concerned Citizen posted:

reading pig entrails

Leave those alone please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 3 :downsgun:

Concerned Citizen (4): CapitalistPig, dongsbot 9000, TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, TMMadman, Li Dawny
vector_to (1): Anonymous
CapitalistPig (1): TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Concerned Citizen, TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny

Not Voting (3): TMMadman, tpink, vector_to :nono:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 25th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 56 minutes.

The day draws on, and shadows lengthen as the fan hums away in the background.

• Locked thread