Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dreggon posted:

oh also, who is this middle guy in the OP

the idea of fuji nee and gilgamesh being drinking buddies is really funny so i want to know who the third guy is

That guy is Rider of Fate/Zero, known to the rest of the world as Alexander the Great.

Him and Gil being bros (or at least the closest thing Gil will allow to a bro outside of Enkidu) is a rather large subplot in F/Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

That guy is Rider of Fate/Zero, known to the rest of the world as Alexander the Great.

Him and Gil being bros (or at least the closest thing Gil will allow to a bro outside of Enkidu) is a rather large subplot in F/Z.

thanks i will watch that

is watching the anime going to leave anything important out that i would get from reading the novel? still not sure if i want to read it or not

Aug 24, 2011

hey wow there was a little text link i could click that made the anime japanese voices with english subtitles

now i can watch this, thanks goons

Aug 24, 2011

ok so the three guys at the start in the second scene there's the rear end in a top hat priest kirei, and the guy in red is... tohsaka? and the old man is the evil matou guy? i'm pretty certain about the red man but the old one i'm not sure

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
At the start, the old guy there is Kirei's father.

Evil Matou guy (Zouken) shows up later, and is a really obvious Evil Old Guy when he does.

Guy in red is Tohsaka, yes. He's Rin's father.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dreggon posted:

oh also, who is this middle guy in the OP

the idea of fuji nee and gilgamesh being drinking buddies is really funny so i want to know who the third guy is
Rider (Alexander the Great) from Fate/Zero.

Aug 24, 2011

oh for fucks sake i loaded this up thinking it wouldnt have anything to do with the creepy dick worms and ~15 minutes in its like GUESS WHAT

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
You can't escape the dick worms, pal

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kintoki limited gacha, also, special skeleton hunting quest if you don't have enough bones (I don't have enough bones)

Aug 24, 2011

im gonna laugh my rear end off if the weedy nerd guy gets gilgamesh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I must resist Kintoki

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Please put bond ce on your 4/5 star lancer. TiA.

Kinoki is worth rolling.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Please put bond ce on your 4/5 star lancer. TiA.

Kinoki is worth rolling.

I've put it on my Scathach, but I'm not sure if you're on my friend list. I've been doing a bit of management on it and I'm not sure if I didn't delete some goons by accident. My ID is 728,344,136.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Aumanor posted:

My ID is 728,344,136.
Not sure what the error message say, but I can't add you. Here's mine:

I am going to roll everything i have the next time there is a lancer rate up.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If you're not watching F/Z for Jamieson Price Rider you're doing something drastically wrong and should probably fix it.

Aug 24, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If you're not watching F/Z for Jamieson Price Rider you're doing something drastically wrong and should probably fix it.

who is that

im up to caster and hes 10 times more savage than medea holy poo poo

e: ok the scene after that with assassin was really cool

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 25, 2016

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Not sure what the error message say, but I can't add you. Here's mine:

I am going to roll everything i have the next time there is a lancer rate up.

I think it might mean you're already on my list. What's your IGN?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Aumanor posted:

I think it might mean you're already on my list. What's your IGN?
Nyaa

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dreggon posted:

it turns out unlike the firefox i'm using right now, chrome has an addon that gets around stupid regional bullshit on crunchyroll so i am using that

except it's dubbed is there a way to get subtitles

also are the other fate animes any good, i would like to see the one where the kung fu teacher beats up king arthur because kung fu teacher is my favourite character

Setting aside Carnival Phantasm, there's Fate Zero, Unlimited Blade Works, and shortly there will be a few movies of Heaven's Feel, all by a studio called Ufotable. They&re all pretty good. Unlimited Blade Works is probably the one you want. Kung fu Teacher fights King Arthur once or twice in it.

There's also the first anime that's just Fate Stay Night by Studio Deen, and a movie version they did of Unlimited Blade Works. Some people like them but they kinda suck. Make sure you watch the TV Unlimited Blade Works and not the Movie one.

There's also several seasons of Prisma Ilya, about Ilya being a magical girl in an alternate dimension. About 5 percent is pretty awesome fights, and the other 95% will get the FBI called on you.

There are a few more little side specials and things like Zero Cafe or whatever but they don't really count.

tldr watch the ufotable stuff. Fate Zero and Unlimited Blade Works (TV). Maybe watch a youtube video of the fight scenes from Prisma Ilya so you don't have to sit throught he rest of it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There is also the incoming Fate Extra anime that's suppose to have no restraint on budget.

Then the sequel dynasty warrior-like game Fate Extralla will be out on ps4.

The sequel-sequel Fate extra/CCC is still under fan translation but i heard it's close to being done.

Then play fate grand order with the rest of us for the extened carvival and alternate ending for story like fate zero. All canon.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Baal posted:

I must resist Kintoki

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Why resist? He is one of the best servant in game! The best bro you will ever need!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want him but aaaaaaaa

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay I decided to roll because I'm a loving schmuck

Beowulf's not too bad, I doubt I'll get anything on this next roll though. Law of probabilities and gatcha games is one special hell and

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Meanwhile here I am with a bunch of ships.

HOW MANY TIMES IS MY JOURNEY GOING TO BEGIN

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nope, I don't see you there. Can you screenshot the message and post it? Maybe someone here understands moonrunes well enough to translate.

Also: Scathach is an absolute beast against these skeletons thanks to her third skill. I'm still pretty salty that I didn't roll Okita on either of the occasions she was available, but getting Scathach almost entirely makes up for it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Glad to have helped Baal. You even got a keidoscope! :yotj:

Aumanor posted:

Nope, I don't see you there.
Nevermind, it worked now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ty nyaa

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'm waiting for the next Gold Lancer, gold Archer (Emiya), or a crack again at Helena.

Turns out I found a good spot for fangs, I need like, 60 for Mordred and Okita's skills. But right now I would like to somehow get enough of the explosion things for Astolfo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Congratulations on your Barazerker, baal.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Alright, so which of the three skeleton quests is the best for farming bones? I've been doing the 40AP one, but it's consistently giving me mainly Archer EXP cards.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Aumanor posted:

Alright, so which of the three skeleton quests is the best for farming bones? I've been doing the 40AP one, but it's consistently giving me mainly Archer EXP cards.

Seen 40ap drop up to 4 bones at once, so that one I guess?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kyte posted:

Seen 40ap drop up to 4 bones at once, so that one I guess?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I find it scary that I recognized Emiya by his shoes and buttcape.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

TM dubs, not even once

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also why are people feeling the need to spoiler Rider's identity? In the first scene he is actually in he all but states just who he is and in the second he loudly declares both his name and title.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Latest Drei chapter ends with Miyu getting sent to Ilya's world and Shirou about to fight Angelica. Maybe this flashback is near its end???

And just to save Rodyle the effort,

Rodyle posted:

Prisma Ilya Sucks Stop Reading It You Pedos

Aug 24, 2011

holy poo poo kiritsugu is brutal

e: kotomine has black keys what?

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 26, 2016

Aug 24, 2011

oh my god its a map of the world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Dreggon posted:

holy poo poo kiritsugu is brutal

e: kotomine has black keys what?

The Black Keys are kinda the standard vampire hunting armament of the Priests.