Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Morning Bell posted:

I heard there was a bunch of tykes bawlin so I open this thread and goddamn it's all of you drongos pissing into the loving wind thinking you can brawl

In for the megabrawl fuckers

oh, i will end you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Carl Killer Miller posted:

This is the worst slapfight on the internet. Someone pull out someone's weave already instead of this will they won't they bullshit.

I can't participate in this brawl because my writing is too monumentally lovely and even I'm embarrassed just reading this thread.

bullshit: i'm overriding muffins dumb rule, you're in

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

J.A.B.C. posted:

There's no fixing Thunderdome. It only works as a bloody club to flagellate oneself with at this point.

ZeBourgeoisie posted:

Wow, TDome's gotten even dumber after I left.

There's really only one way to fix this.

you two as well, :getin: you horrible monsters

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

sebmojo posted:

I'm down

gently caress you, Muffin.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Making up rules and writing all high and mighty. You think you're Ernest Hemingway or some bullshit, you're Barely Honest Hemingway

I'm putting my hands in the meat grinder, you pathetic bitch. I hope you like the sausage that comes out

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Thanks for the crits SH and Jitzu!

All of the above still stands

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

sebmojo posted:

I am not reading a single story from a person who enters under this rule. If you want it so bad, you can read and judge those ones.

and of course, all the others. Welcome to the high table, underling.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
HEY YOU DICK-JUGGLING CHUCKLEFUCKS THERE'S STILL A PROMPT TO SIGN UP FOR SO MAYBE YOU COULD LIKE TAKE A BREAK FROM TRYING TO PISS YOUR ~PERSONAL BRAND~ OF KAYFABE ALL OVER THE THREAD AND SIGN UP????

I'm owning you all and i'm not going to brawl you about it because you suck, you can eat my angry lil lady cock if you got a problem

dmboogie posted:

THUNDERDOME WEEK CXCIX: EVERYBODY KNOWS poo poo'S hosed

Jesus christ, Thunderdome. Jesus fornicating christ. How the hell did you chucklefucks all manage to screw up badly enough to let me on the throne when no one else was looking?????????

In honor of this colossal miscarriage of good taste, this week's theme is everything going entirely to hell. Your castle is burning and the king's just been decapitated, your spaceship's been blown to poo poo and the life support system just failed, I dunno, the loving sun just blew up. I don't care if it's at the beginning, end, or middle of your story, but when all is said and done, it needs to be clear that everything is terrible and not going to get better anytime soon.

No fanfiction, erotica, google docs, poetry. Remember that just because life's gone to poo poo doesn't mean that your STORY has to be poo poo too, okay?

Signup Deadline: Midnight EST on Friday
Submission Deadline: Midnight EST on Sunday
Word Limit: 1000 words.

Cleanup Crew:
Me
sparksbloom
Oxxidation

Prospective Failures:
ZeBourgeoisie
spectres of autism
flerp :toxx:
Marshmallow Blue
Thranguy
kurona_bright
Grizzled Patriarch
sebmojo :toxx:
Ironic Twist
Entenzahn :toxx:
Chernabog
Maugrim
Loutre
Tyrannosaurus

skwidmonster
Mar 31, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Carl Killer Miller posted:

My writing is monumentally lovely.

There, there.

In for the prompt.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

theres a good way to prove youre better than all of us and its called going in this week

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

spectres of autism posted:

theres a good way to prove youre better than all of us and its called going in this week

so what you're saying is, i should enter this fiction contest and prove im best by winning it?

naw not my style

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sitting Here posted:

HEY YOU DICK-JUGGLING CHUCKLEFUCKS THERE'S STILL A PROMPT TO SIGN UP FOR SO MAYBE YOU COULD LIKE TAKE A BREAK FROM TRYING TO PISS YOUR ~PERSONAL BRAND~ OF KAYFABE ALL OVER THE THREAD AND SIGN UP????

I'm owning you all and i'm not going to brawl you about it because you suck, you can eat my angry lil lady cock if you got a problem

Yeah, now spit in my mouth and call me a whore!

Oh, wow, sorry about that. Got a tad triggered there for a moment. Something about angry lil lady cocks.

I think I, I think I got to go take a cold shower.

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

Sitting Here posted:

Hear, hear!

While all of you Greek gods strut around throwing lightning bolts and tidal waves at each other, some of us mortals just want to bash each other's skulls in with rocks. If that's not too much to ask.

In for this week's prompt.

Also, thanks to those who write the crits. You all are the true epic heroes.

Edit: :downsgun:

a friendly penguin fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 26, 2016

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I am not reading a single story from a person who enters under this rule. If you want it so bad, you can read and judge those ones.

and of course, all the others. Welcome to the high table, underling.

NO gently caress YOU DAD

Seriously Muffin, you're pathetic. The best comparison I can make to your cheapshit sense of power is a general manager at a failing Wal-Mart. Tell me how close I got to reality.

I'm in this week. I'll be phone typing it during my move to Houston but SM being a bronzed bitch is my impetus.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
I'm in for this stupid mega-brawl thing. I don't care if it's past the sign up deadline. Also you people aren't even worth the time it would take me to think of an insult, so whatever.

Pippin
May 25, 2016
In for this prompt.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

prime example of td writing quality right hear

newtestleper fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 26, 2016

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
In for Week 199.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

In for the prompt.

oh, and thank you for the crit Jitzu!

sparksbloom
Apr 30, 2006
ugh if y'all spent more time reading and less time circlejerking maybe more of you could string together an interesting sentence

in for the thunderbrawl

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Thunderbrawl entry is closed. First round upcoming.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
:siren:MEGABRAWL ROUND 1:siren:

Ladies and gentlemen, I am loving sick of the way every single round of 'dome crits has the totally ridiculous comment "but where was the stooooory?!" Italo Calvino did not need a story. Samuel Beckett did not need a story. Gustave Flaubert did not need a motherfucking story. Stories are easy; literature is hard. Today we are losing the plot.

That's right - your piece in this inaugural round of the brawl must not have a story, narrative or any sort of forward arc. Make it evocative, and beautiful. Make it move me. Make it goddam say something. I am kicking out your narrative crutches - do me proud. You need more direction? Tough titty - you are the cream of the crop, and I'm not holding your hand. If you really desperately want a flash rule, you may ask your opponent for one and I will hold it as binding.

The Pool

Autism vs Maugrim
Carl Killer Miller vs Sparksbloom (!)
Rhino vs Thranguy
Twist vs Boogie
Newt vs Mojo
Oxxi vs Entenzahn
Morning Bell vs DocK
Curlingiron vs Titus

As Carl Killer Miller has never got a win or an HM, I'm giving Sparksbloom a small handicap of 200 words -- that means they only have 800.

WORD COUNT: 1000 words
DEADLINE: 7pm EST, June 10th.
JUDGES: Muffin
PROHIBITED: fanfiction, poetry

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
What's this? This week's prompt is about a situation where everything is terrible and the world has gone to hell? Fantastic, I'm good at despair! Sign me up and :toxx: me as I promised I would waaaaaaay back in the last thread!

I need to start writing again.

Mar 6, 2016
Feels very reminiscent of life at the moment...

Count me IN.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Im down for this brawl.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

MG3 posted:

Im down for this brawl.

The brawl is closed for business, but this week's prompt is still open, join that

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Ok I'll do that

Chainmail Onesie
May 12, 2014

LoserWinner
of "Thunder Dome!
In for the prompt.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

sebmojo posted:

you two as well, :getin: you horrible monsters

Sorry, real life got in the way. Moving posts soon, so I've been clearing and I missed the brawl signup.

But to partially make up for it, I'll be IN for this prompt. Lets get the pain train going! Choo Choo!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I am IN for the prompt. Ready to write, weehoo!

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Chili posted:

Ready to write, weeaboos!

effective burn

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Can I get clarification on what no "google docs" means? Are we not supposed to use that word processor for some reason?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Chili posted:

Can I get clarification on what no "google docs" means? Are we not supposed to use that word processor for some reason?

All it means is that when you're not allowed to submit your story by posting a link to a google doc instead of copying the text to the thread.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

dmboogie posted:

All it means is that when you're not allowed to submit your story by posting a link to a google doc instead of copying the text to the thread.

Ah, gotcha. Easy enough.

ToastGhost
Jul 28, 2012

20% cooler
In. So long as midnight Sunday means submit by Sunday 11:59 PM EST I'll get something in on time.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Dang, surprise entry into thunderbrawl. Don't be gentle, SB

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Autism vs Maugrim
Carl Killer Miller vs Sparksbloom (!)
Rhino vs Thranguy
Twist vs Boogie
Newt vs Mojo
Oxxi vs Entenzahn
Morning Bell vs DocK
Curlingiron vs Titus

This is such obvious bullshit, you are clearly picking the people you like and putting them up against the chumps first.

Look at that list! Spectres is going to crush Maugrim. CKM has no chance. Saddest Rhino is gonna be given yet another reason to be sad. Twist? Holy gently caress, it isn't even funny that Boogie is pitted against him. Mojo owns Newt. Entenzahn and Oxxi are, well, okay they are well matched (cause they both such so much), DocK has got this one in the bag, and Curlingiron is gonna own whoev- oh. Um...

Well gently caress me and call me a dandy.

Clearly I was going to say that CI is about to get owned by moi.

So, yeah... What was I saying? poo poo, I forgot.

ZeBourgeoisie
Aug 8, 2013

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Titus82 posted:

This is such obvious bullshit, you are clearly picking the people you like and putting them up against the chumps first.

Look at that list! Spectres is going to crush Maugrim. CKM has no chance. Saddest Rhino is gonna be given yet another reason to be sad. Twist? Holy gently caress, it isn't even funny that Boogie is pitted against him. Mojo owns Newt. Entenzahn and Oxxi are, well, okay they are well matched (cause they both such so much), DocK has got this one in the bag, and Curlingiron is gonna own whoev- oh. Um...

Well gently caress me and call me a dandy.

Clearly I was going to say that CI is about to get owned by moi.

r u ok?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Titus82 posted:

how is it possible that every one of your posts are worst than the last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

This is not kayfabe: stop, you loving moron.

• Locked thread