Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Got two 4 x kills with junkrats ult. Got a message "tires are for cars rear end in a top hat"

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Tokubetsu posted:

Warming back up to Symmetra again from a few betas ago but they really need to retool her E ability (shields). 25 shields is useless. Yes, 50 was too much particularly on characters like Tracer but 25 is right there in "why even bother territory."

Shields really should have a universal damage gate property. As long as you have some amount of shields, any damaging attack that would destroy the shield won't transfer over to health.

This would make Symmys an actual team counter to Widow/Hanzo. And Zen would take minimum two shots from Widow.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Got two 4 x kills with junkrats ult. Got a message "tires are for cars rear end in a top hat"

:v:

Lol

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Over the past two nights I'm 13-3 when playing as Lucio or Symmetra, and a combined 3-11 playing Pharah, Junkrat, Reaper, and 76.

I only play attackers if someone else grabs support, so I know it's not a lack of coverage. That means either:

a) I am exceptionally better than your average solo-queue support.
Or
b) I an exceptionally worse than your average solo-queue attacker.

I'm not sure which of those I find more depressing.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Nearing the end of Anubis point B defense and I see no one is Bastion, so I swap to him. After a death I come up from the side and gun down 2 people on our point getting ult. I go tank mode, doot do do doooo, and blow up 2 more people right outside the point. Aww yeah play of the game here I come. Just reinhardt remaining, shielded up and around the corner to the left. I move up, sniping him with tank rounds between the pillars while still inching forward. He keels over dead, then I do... Wait, what? The death cam pops up and I watch as I lob cannonfire to the left of a pillar, 2 cannon shots between pillars, then as he dies I fire a final cannon shot into a pillar 1 inch from my face and die to my own splash damage. Time ends and we win. Please don't be play of the game, please don't be play of the game.

PLAY OF THE GAME, a teammate's Pharah rockets four people from behind on Point A as they don't notice her. Whew.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Shields really should have a universal damage gate property. As long as you have some amount of shields, any damaging attack that would destroy the shield won't transfer over to health.

This would make Symmys an actual team counter to Widow/Hanzo. And Zen would take minimum two shots from Widow.

That would be really annoying

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Thor-Stryker posted:

I feel like that would definitely make Zen a viable character again after his into-the-ground nerfs, given that his low speed and health make him the easiest sniper bait in the game, though it might make Symmetra too strong.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
I think that change to shields would make Zarya even more beastly than she already has the potential to be.

immortal flow posted:

Maybe keep the 25 shield, but give Symmetra a healing aura exclusively for shields? Torbjorns armour is also nice, but doesn't seem to regenerate when you pick up an hp pack which makes it only really good for a single encounter.

This sort of solution really should've been applied to both Symmetra and Zenyatta's problems with flankers: Symmetra's shields should offer 50 when players are in proximity with her (or maybe even her buildings) and decay quickly to 25 (lucio's ult) if they split off. Zenyatta's orb could just get stacking debuffs to heal if the target wanders out of LoS and get more and more distant.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I feel like the only time I see Zen is when I suddenly see the entire enemy team storming the objective surrounded by a golden glowing monk aura.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Cover is both a benefit and a hinderance to Zen - yeah, you are squishy as gently caress and will die in seconds if out in the open, but you also need to keep LOS to do any bit of support for your team (whether that's tossing out harmony or discord orbs).

It's a fine balance that makes for interesting gameplay as Zen.

If you get isolated you're as good as dead though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Papercut posted:

I feel like the only time I see Zen is when I suddenly see the entire enemy team storming the objective surrounded by a golden glowing monk aura.

You obviously weren't the Reaper on the other team just now.

Jesus Christ my whole team of idiots all just running around flanking, allowing Reaper to just float right up and dome me. Repeatedly. We won anyway.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Who is a good player I can watch stream to learn some sneaky tricks ?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Just make widow body shots 125

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Who is your weakest character? I've tried my hand with dVa multiple times and I'm completely ineffective with her.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I live my life one loot box at a time. :rice:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

ok time to get actually good at this game. anybody got a list of all the damage numbers per weapon? thx

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TheTatteredKing posted:

Just make widow body shots 125

better solution: delete widowmaker

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

Who is your weakest character? I've tried my hand with dVa multiple times and I'm completely ineffective with her.

Out of the ones I have actually put effort into playing a few times, I've yet to find any success as Reaper. Even if I flank around and find someone to kill I just screw it up so badly and die. Then I just switch to someone else I know I'm better at. I've yet to ever actually build up his ult, much less use it. :smith:

whaam
Mar 18, 2008
Any goons playing on Xbox One?

Gamertag: mackerelface

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Qmass posted:

Who is a good player I can watch stream to learn some sneaky tricks ?

theres a list of streamers in the OP

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah I don't know how nerds play her. damage output feels weak, huge hitbox so every hit lands on you, and you can't really disrupt supports and snipers because you're so huge so you usually lose the robot before any significant impact.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Hughmoris posted:

Hanzo and Widowmaker. I just can't snipe no more.

Now that I'm getting used to the maps though, d.va is becoming my main. I barely even have to aim!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Hughmoris posted:

My kills per life ratio on Pharah is below 1, which is just goddamn embarrassing

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Countblanc posted:

just found it, thanks for responding despite my laziness.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

He said good player, not goon player.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Dizz posted:

Yeah I don't know how nerds play her. damage output feels weak, huge hitbox so every hit lands on you, and you can't really disrupt supports and snipers because you're so huge so you usually lose the robot before any significant impact.

I did really well with her in the beta. Her rocket boost lets you attack from a lot of unexpected angles, getting you into the close range you need and can make it easy to pick off healers. You can also use it to ram people, or boost and shield at the same time to soak some fire. Losing the mech is fine too if you give yourself a route out behind you. Often enemies will chase straight after you and run into pistol shots.

Her ult is great if you can arc it off a boost to land in a group of enemies who then don't have time to scatter.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hughmoris posted:

Of all things, McCree. I just can't find a role for him. With no escape or self-healing ability he is tough to play as a flanker, and his pistol doesn't have reliable enough DPS to make him a sniper. He is strongest as a skirmisher but only in places with a lot of blind corners since he has relatively low health and the flashbang/fan the hammer combo requires you to be right in their face. He just doesn't seem to have a role that another character doesn't do better other than that

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Having a good Widowmaker on the opposing team saps my will to play this game so hard.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does the voting do anything? i win it a lot

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

JollyPubJerk posted:

If you get the epic card I think you just get more XP? I lied, apparently you don't earn anything.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

JollyPubJerk posted:

Gets me from six to midnight.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Bluhman posted:

I think that change to shields would make Zarya even more beastly than she already has the potential to be.

This sort of solution really should've been applied to both Symmetra and Zenyatta's problems with flankers: Symmetra's shields should offer 50 when players are in proximity with her (or maybe even her buildings) and decay quickly to 25 (lucio's ult) if they split off. Zenyatta's orb could just get stacking debuffs to heal if the target wanders out of LoS and get more and more distant.

I havent spent time with zen so I can't speak but I like this idea of the shields being stronger if you're in close proximity to Symmetra.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011
Whats the deal with Arcade mode? I played a game last night where the opposing team went 5 Lucio - 1 support. It looked like the game was going to end really quickly but I convinced 4 teammates to go Mei. I suppose because it was arcade ability cooldowns were shortened so it was incredible to see 4 Mei's spamming ice walls every 5 seconds blocking Lucio's into ice boxes. We almost won the game but in the last 60 seconds the opponents switched from Lucio to Reinhardt and kept stunning us with their charges.
It was as strange game but it did teach me a lot about how Mei can use her ice wall to isolate supporting heroes from their team.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Found out last night that I should not be permitted to play anything but a healer

Not that I'm an amazing healer or anything but if I play anyone else I'm pretty much dead weight

I tried playing hanzo once and my team lost in like 1:30 :smith:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Dizz posted:

Boosters have a really short cooldown. Get in, disrupt a bit, get out. Flank and attack from up high and constantly reposition. You want them to have to turn to shoot at you. Also you should pretty much never die to anyone's ults because you can almost always boost to get the gently caress out when you hear one go off and some can just be blocked with defense matrix.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
avoid list doesnt work I keep ending up with pubs on my avoid list in games as i try to readd them :smith:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Since the spreadsheet doesn't differentiate, any Australians looking for people to play with feel free to add me - johnchimpo#1212

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lugaloco posted:

Having a good Widowmaker on the opposing team saps my will to play this game so hard.

Turns out you can't countersnipe effectively when decent Widowmakers have wallhacks that can see you coming. Who would've thought.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You obviously weren't the Reaper on the other team just now.

Jesus Christ my whole team of idiots all just running around flanking, allowing Reaper to just float right up and dome me. Repeatedly. We won anyway.

I had the exact same experience but due to the lack of flankers. Tracer and genji were dogpiling on the cart with the rest of the team instead of patrolling the flanks which reaper was repeatedly using to slap my zenyata down. He even team killed us with death blossom multiple times.

I've played supports almost exclusively because nobody else is willing to in pubs, it seems. The support heroes are fun but playing them on an uncoordinated and unresponsive pub team is a complete nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Wangsbig posted:

ok time to get actually good at this game. anybody got a list of all the damage numbers per weapon? thx

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/htmlview?sle=true