Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

That's where the Gurm got the idea from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I don't know what this Dramaworld thing on Netflix is but I think I love it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

muscles like this? posted:

I was at the store today and saw that bizarrely enough someone made a videogame out of that TNT series Falling Skies. I looked it up later and saw that it came out in 2014. I'm not sure why it was still sitting in a Walmart display case.

I'm pretty sure I know why it's still sitting on the shelf.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

less laughter posted:

That's where the Gurm got the idea from

Ah, the Andrew Hussie writing method.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Longmire started out okay and got better every season so far. Just finished S3e10, so I'm almost done with the third season. It's good poo poo.

Edit: oh, that was the last episode. Only 10 EPS in season 3 instead of 13.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Uhh that Flash reveal in the finale was loving baller.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Flash finale is completely insane, but interestingly not so much because because of its own but because it SHOULD affect three other TV shows. A lot of shows have done something like that before but I have no idea how it affects Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends or how you have it not affect them. It seems like a weird middle ground between people who don't watch Flash who wouldn't understand why changes were happening and people who watch all the shows who wouldn't like that they weren't playing by the shared universe rules.

I went into the Flash thread to see what people thought of it and to no shock its filled with the usual TVIV self hating "this show is terrible" stuff. Then I remembered why I didn't read that thread (or, really, any thread for a show that's been on for more than 1 season).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah I haven't followed the flash or arrow threads at all this year. Legends thread has been fine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

The Flash finale is completely insane, but interestingly not so much because because of its own but because it SHOULD affect three other TV shows. A lot of shows have done something like that before but I have no idea how it affects Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends or how you have it not affect them. It seems like a weird middle ground between people who don't watch Flash who wouldn't understand why changes were happening and people who watch all the shows who wouldn't like that they weren't playing by the shared universe rules.

I went into the Flash thread to see what people thought of it and to no shock its filled with the usual TVIV self hating "this show is terrible" stuff. Then I remembered why I didn't read that thread (or, really, any thread for a show that's been on for more than 1 season).

The Flash finale was terrible because Barry is a retard.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

STAC Goat posted:

I don't read the Flash thread but if they're saying the show is terrible, it's not like they're wrong or anything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I saw this promo on Syfy the other night and this show look cool. Plus it has Dennis Haysbert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXj08jqquwQ

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

Does anyone that watches the Flash not watch the other 2 (now 3) in general. This is peak comic books right here.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

STAC Goat posted:

It probably won't effect it at all, because the time travel in the Berlanti shows is basically "pick and choose" at how it works. Like killing the same guy three times "at the same time" in three different decades. Cause and effect? Who cares. This makes anything involving time travel completely without stakes for me.

Edit: Like in Comic Books, so it's perfect I guess.

Decius fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 25, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

X-O posted:

I saw this promo on Syfy the other night and this show look cool. Plus it has Dennis Haysbert.

I am very glad Syfy are producing cool lookin poo poo again

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

That's my jam! I love poo poo like this.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Someone didn't watch The Expanse :colbert:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Someone didn't watch The Expanse :colbert:

I was secretly including The Expanse in that postulate!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah Syfy is making cool poo poo now.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Killjoys is also pretty decent.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i'm watching banshee and it's such unrelenting trash

i love it

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Semi fight and Rolls Royce fights, best fights.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Banshee is the show that turned every dial up to 11

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We did it, friends

HBO programming head Casey Bloys posted:

Season 3 of True Detective is highly unlikely

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm still mad at Utopia imploding.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

David Fincher didn't sound all that excited about it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah, so they killed the whole thing instead of trying someone else. (Though I imagine a lot of the cast only signed on because it was Fincher.)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

Same. The last few years have been cool to see for the most part (Helix went off the rails in its last season though)

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Don't know if this was discussed earlier, but is this the first TV show based on a creepypasta?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Chris James 2 posted:

(Helix went off the rails in its last season though)

Excuse you, Helix season 2 was a beautiful insane postmodernist piece of art

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm still mad at Utopia imploding.
The UK original is good enough.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Chris James 2 posted:

We did it, friends

Meanwhile Cory Fukunaga is booked solid for the next few years. :byewhore:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Chris James 2 posted:

We did it, friends

Well of course Season 3 is unlikely, how can you have a Season 3 without making Season 2 first?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Netflix had announced the new season of Bojack Horseman will be out July 22nd.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bull3964 posted:

Netflix had announced the new season of Bojack Horseman will be out July 22nd.

Not soon enough

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

Not soon enough

Suck a dick, dumbshits!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LafMgjmBV2k

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yep. That sucks.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Dear CBS,

https://youtu.be/7LNITt85-Rc

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you didn't want it canceled, you should have been more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Josh Lyman posted:

The UK original is good enough.

I'm still pissed about it getting cancelled because while the second series wasn't as good as the first, the Fall and Rise of Wilson "Murder Maven" Wilson was great and I wanted to see what would become of him, Pietro and Jessica.

• Locked thread