Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Does someone have to be a vote leader for it to count as a bandwagon to vote them? idk

AFAIK I'm like second place at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
I think I gave a reasonable rationale for voting Podima. As reasonable as can be made this early, I guess.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

suicide4sexbots posted:

Does someone have to be a vote leader for it to count as a bandwagon to vote them? idk

The other vote for you was on page 2. It's not bandwagoning if only one person is making the case.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

suicide4sexbots posted:

Uh this seems a little defensive for a guy who had only one vote on him before.

##vote suicide4sexbots

I'd say a bandwagon has to be at least the third vote, and you're still not even second in votes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah that's a pretty self conscious and defensive response from suees. What's the deal, yo, why you freaking out

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Look I dont like S4S' posting either, but it's at least explained by awkward newbie posting. Podima is a much better vote today.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Truth Quark posted:

Look I dont like S4S' posting either, but it's at least explained by awkward newbie posting. Podima is a much better vote today.

gw defending ur scum bud

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Truth Quark posted:

Explain? Podima's the one who jumped off S4S and stopped a potential turbo. Of all the people on that bum rush EXAKT and AR are much better candidates for pushing it to -2, maybe Hal and Murmur if you think they were brazen enough to simulvote and pass it off as a shared joke. Podima's the last person in that group that I'd vote for right now, joke phase vote shotgun or not.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I mean sure if you don't wanna read my other posts.

Podima likes to talk about how can get a defensive melt down from me with enough pressure. I interpret his case on me as trying to do just that in order to get an easy lynch. Combine it with how he is using joke phase votes and wondering why I didn't make a serious response to them, and he's being fake as poo poo. He also tried poking at Quid a bit, and while I have no read one way or another on Quidnose he still comes across as fake in that exchange.

I mean I've literally seen Podima say in a scum doc once "just push TQ he gets super defensive."

AR and Exakt are suspect too, but a turbo right out the gate on a townie paints a giant target on your back for the rest of the game so if rather go after someone else.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Hmm okay. If not bandwagon then surely bangbus.

Im sticking with my Podima vote, though. They could have wanted me in the game just because I'm horrible at it, thus making things easier for the scumlords.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
For what it's worth I have a town read on Podima and wouldn't vote there today. I'm null at the moment on S4SB but am doing a reread of the game as we speak.

EXAKT Science posted:

scums get PMs first ##vote suicide4sexbots

EXAKT Science posted:

there are also town power roles you FRIGGIN DUMMT

##vote EXAKT

These two quotes feel shady to me - I think the first one was EXAKT forgetting that VT doesn't get role PMs. The second point is EXAKT implying that they're a power role but that doesn't feel like a play that an actual town PR would make.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Please explain why you have a town read on Podima

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't even know whats going on. Is this serious or are we still in jokephase?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

never scum ever :(

I think AR is scum, he's been on the record as wanting to be scum and never rolling it and I feel like if he were as drunk as he seems to have been he would have mentioned that he was town without being prompted.

Buuuuut I think I'm 4/4 on mislynching AR in games we both play in so I feel a bit hesitant to pull the trigger there.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Murmur Twin posted:

I think AR is scum, he's been on the record as wanting to be scum and never rolling it and I feel like if he were as drunk as he seems to have been he would have mentioned that he was town without being prompted.

Buuuuut I think I'm 4/4 on mislynching AR in games we both play in so I feel a bit hesitant to pull the trigger there.

The only time I don't feel the pain of my towny curse is when I'm drunk.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Caution: it's a meta read. I use them a lot for D1/D2 cases, sorry not sorry.

I've only seen Pod's scum game [url="https://"http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775082&userid=157116"]once[/url], and in that game the cases he was making D1 felt like he was trying to convey confidence that felt inappropriate. Like he made a large case on me on D1 because I was gone for an RL day and then posted a bunch at once, and the tone he used was that he was sure I was scum for that.

His posts this game sound more like someone who genuinely doesn't know who the scum is + is trying to find them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I've only seen Pod's scum game once, and in that game the cases he was making D1 felt like he was trying to convey confidence that felt inappropriate. Like he made a large case on me on D1 because I was gone for an RL day and then posted a bunch at once, and the tone he used was that he was sure I was scum for that.

His posts this game sound more like someone who genuinely doesn't know who the scum is + is trying to find them.

Mafia edit: now with less messing up links

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Murmur Twin posted:

I've only seen Pod's scum game [url="https://"http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775082&userid=157116"]once[/url], and in that game the cases he was making D1 felt like he was trying to convey confidence that felt inappropriate. Like he made a large case on me on D1 because I was gone for an RL day and then posted a bunch at once, and the tone he used was that he was sure I was scum for that.

I'm not gonna read another mafia game that you felt the need to go find and link for some reason, but it sounds to me like you read him as scum because he made a fake case on you in that game.

Read what he wrote about me, its the same exact tone you're describing. I don't get how you can look at someone using joke votes (made by Pod mind you) as a reason someone must be scum, and conclude that his tone is that of someone who doesn't know who scum is. No town in their right mind would use a case like that and be sure about their conclusion.

Are you defending your scumbro?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Why do you have a scum read on him? Is it anything beyond "he made a case I disagree with"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

I'm not gonna read another mafia game that you felt the need to go find and link for some reason, but it sounds to me like you read him as scum because he made a fake case on you in that game.

Read what he wrote about me, its the same exact tone you're describing. I don't get how you can look at someone using joke votes (made by Pod mind you) as a reason someone must be scum, and conclude that his tone is that of someone who doesn't know who scum is. No town in their right mind would use a case like that and be sure about their conclusion.

In my opinion, the difference is that I believe he believes what he's saying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Also to be clear your posting fits what I was describing more than his. The fact that you seem so sure that he's scum because of a D1 case feels shady to me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Podima posted:

I'm really confused about what you're referencing here, since he never did that - can you provide a quote?

I'm talking about the three separate times I have now called out behavior that I recognize as scummy from TQ (I use 'toaster'/'Cylon' because he and I know each other from the BSG-playing group of goons) from previous games:

TQ has not once seriously responded to any of these other than attempted brushoffs or ignoring me, which I find even worse.

~~~

Also Quid, I'm kind of confused how you missed those if you presumably went back and checked, since all you found was the one time I mentioned your name in relation to his. Seems self-conscious?

Like what even is this post? Here are his two "pressure votes" or whatever on me for reference:

Podima posted:

I know how you play and this is awkward Cylon posting. ##vote TQ

Podima posted:

:confused:

F A K E
A S
S H I T
D I E
T O A S T E R
S C U M

I don't get how you can look at these and interpret them as genuine. This is Podima looking to get a reaction for a D1 lynch.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Murmur Twin posted:

Also to be clear your posting fits what I was describing more than his. The fact that you seem so sure that he's scum because of a D1 case feels shady to me.

Yes I am sure of my read on Podima, and I think anyone would be if faced with someone trying to force a fake narrative on them. I'm not pretending like other people will find it as painfully obvious as I do but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna push hard for it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Like what even is this post? Here are his two "pressure votes" or whatever on me for reference:

I don't get how you can look at these and interpret them as genuine. This is Podima looking to get a reaction for a D1 lynch.

It's a D1 case, I don't get how you can have a scum read that strong on someone based on posts made that early. ##vote TQ

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Then you haven't been reading and I can't help you with that :shrug:

Ask yourself: why would I, as scum, put myself this far out there on someone I would know is town?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
"Oops my bad that guy was town IM NOT SCUM THOUGH"

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you all are getting away from the main point, which is that exakt is bad. forgot that VT don't get PMs, jumped on a bandwagon that almost killed new player immediately, called me carmen sandiego.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Then you haven't been reading and I can't help you with that :shrug:

Ask yourself: why would I, as scum, put myself this far out there on someone I would know is town?

...in all fairness, that's a valid point. Your assuredness on Podima is probably a function of the case being made on you ##unvote

I'm back to ##vote EXAKT Science

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

MT, can you read Podima's sniping at me for my angry play and tell me what you think of that, including a response to my interpretation of it?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

you all are getting away from the main point, which is that exakt is bad. forgot that VT don't get PMs, jumped on a bandwagon that almost killed new player immediately, called me carmen sandiego.

this guy gets it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I also don't believe this. I'm not being super combative at all right now, just asking questions and getting people to clarify their statements. Podima has no real reason to be up on my playstyle here that I can see, as I've...hardly been playing at all?

It's especially weird since Podima was less concerned with my combative playstyle while modding the last game and more concerned with me having a legitimate anger meltdown.

This seems kiiiiind of out of nowhere and I'm not sure why this is where Podima is immediately jumping. Reads as fake, and if we want to point out something that's ACTUALLY defensive, it would be this.

##vote Podima

Quid - I disagree with your assessment that Pod is being fake here, to me the most likely explanation is that he sees as you argumentative in general and doesn't want things to devolve into a D1 meltdown. I think that's alignment-neutral.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GulagDolls posted:

I concur on the other two points, but I'm not about to vote someone for calling you Carmen Sandiego.

One thing bugging me about the S4S bandwagon is S4S's self-vote. I would expect a newbie Town player getting dogpiled to get nervous, not to dive on himself. Even in joke phase it feels too confident a move for an inexperienced player who doesn't know where the scum are.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Jedit posted:

I concur on the other two points, but I'm not about to vote someone for calling you Carmen Sandiego.

One thing bugging me about the S4S bandwagon is S4S's self-vote. I would expect a newbie Town player getting dogpiled to get nervous, not to dive on himself. Even in joke phase it feels too confident a move for an inexperienced player who doesn't know where the scum are.

Unless she doesn't give a gently caress about winning right now and is just enjoying the speculation!

Ultimately I'm agreed with Murmur on it being to soon to have any real case. Then again, I know nothing meta about anyone here, so maybe I'm missing out on some of that wisdom. Still, I think the best case made yet was for Podima. I'm guessing exakt votes are still for laffs. If you can explain why it's valid I'll listen though.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
hey hey

im two g&ts in

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I see where the exakt votes are coming from I'm just not certain it was actually a scum slip.

I'd vote him over no lynch though for sure.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

I see where the exakt votes are coming from I'm just not certain it was actually a scum slip.

I'd vote him over no lynch though for sure.

I think the defense that EXAKT used ("hey there are power roles too!") was scummier than the original post about role PMs, like they felt the need to cover up a mistake.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
why are you hating in exakt

EXAKT I luv your avatar is good

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote AR scum pretending to be drunk

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Absurd Revolver posted:

why are you hating in exakt