Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So is anyone talking today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I will be sporadic at best today, it's a pretty full one for me.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

So is anyone talking today?

Not much to talk about, scum.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Absurd Revolver posted:

Not much to talk about, scum.

Sorry, I meant chum!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Okay, so this is where we are as I see it.

We can't get either of them lynched, for whatever reason. TMM claimed he stopped the lynch both times because he didn't want a turbo.

I've been just sort of theorycrafting and these are my notes.

So CPig claimed lynchbomb to avoid his lynch, which seems problematic. If he was town, shouldn't he have kept quiet and let scum hammer him? Trading a town for a scum at this point would basically ensure victory for town. Still, by announcing lynchbomb, he made it impossible for the scum to hammer him, since they aren't going to make such a stupid sacrifice.

CC has no such problem, and the impetus to vote him existed long before we got all suspicious of CPig. However we can't get the votes, and that makes me think he's the real scum. A no-lynch at this point would be very bad, we'd lose our momentum, and look at the thread already.

Another problem is vector_to. At this point it's very likely that vector is scum, and for whatever reason he isn't here, that would leave scum with only one remaining player no matter what after tonight. If he's not scum, it helps explain why we can't get either vote through.

Finally, tpink's reluctance to vote when literally no discussion is going on doesn't make any sense. Who cares if we 'turbo' when the thread is dead until deadline?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
tmm scum or human garbage confirmed

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

Okay, so this is where we are as I see it.

We can't get either of them lynched, for whatever reason. TMM claimed he stopped the lynch both times because he didn't want a turbo.

I've been just sort of theorycrafting and these are my notes.

So CPig claimed lynchbomb to avoid his lynch, which seems problematic. If he was town, shouldn't he have kept quiet and let scum hammer him? Trading a town for a scum at this point would basically ensure victory for town. Still, by announcing lynchbomb, he made it impossible for the scum to hammer him, since they aren't going to make such a stupid sacrifice.

CC has no such problem, and the impetus to vote him existed long before we got all suspicious of CPig. However we can't get the votes, and that makes me think he's the real scum. A no-lynch at this point would be very bad, we'd lose our momentum, and look at the thread already.

Another problem is vector_to. At this point it's very likely that vector is scum, and for whatever reason he isn't here, that would leave scum with only one remaining player no matter what after tonight. If he's not scum, it helps explain why we can't get either vote through.

Finally, tpink's reluctance to vote when literally no discussion is going on doesn't make any sense. Who cares if we 'turbo' when the thread is dead until deadline?

How could i guarantee it would be a scum hammering though? Use your head.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

How could i guarantee it would be a scum hammering though? Use your head.

You couldn't, but if you are town, isn't it more likely than not that the hammer would be scum?

I dunno, I acknowledge that none of it is a solid case, I just wanted to shake the tree a little as we sit approaching deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This really feels like a pretty sticky situation right now. I am going to assume that we have 3 scum in this game and no 3Ps.

Lynchbomb is often claimed by scum to avoid being lynched and until someone will sacrifice themselves it can't be tested. If CPig is really a lynchbomb, I'd think scum would want to keep that quiet, but if he is scum with vector then lynching him ends the game even with a town death. So claiming the lynchbomb would give him a mislynch today (even with a mod kill scum death) and a kill tonight and then town is left with 5 alive, 1 scum and 3 needed to lynch. Since several people think I'm scum already, it wouldn't be too hard to push for a lynch on me during D4 and then put town into a 3 man lylo on D5.

If he is a town lynchbomb and providing vector is scum, then lynching him now would lose 2 town and 1 scum which would mean town has 5 alive, 1 scum going into N3 and 4 alive, 1 scum to start D4 assuming a successful NK. A mislynch would make it 3 alive, 1 scum going into N4 and then scum wins with a successful NK.

If both CC and vector turn out to be town, then we go into N3 with 6 alive, 2 scum and started D4 with 5 alive, 2 scum which would be lylo and one person who has claimed lynchbomb. We wouldn't be able to lynch him at that point because even if he is scum and a lynchbomb, then lynching him on D4 would take out a scum and a town which would leave 3 alive, 1 scum going into N4 and scum win with a successful NK.

Hmm...I think after typing all this out, the only real option right now is to lynch CC and hope that one of CC or vector is scum. I'm going to take a few more minutes to think about it, but if anyone else has thoughts it'd be nice to hear them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This really feels like a pretty sticky situation right now. I am going to assume that we have 3 scum in this game and no 3Ps.

Lynchbomb is often claimed by scum to avoid being lynched and until someone will sacrifice themselves it can't be tested. If CPig is really a lynchbomb, I'd think scum would want to keep that quiet, but if he is scum with vector then lynching him ends the game even with a town death. So claiming the lynchbomb would give him a mislynch today (even with a mod kill scum death) and a kill tonight and then town is left with 5 alive, 1 scum and 3 needed to lynch. Since several people think I'm scum already, it wouldn't be too hard to push for a lynch on me during D4 and then put town into a 3 man lylo on D5.

If he is a town lynchbomb and providing vector is scum, then lynching him now would lose 2 town (because scum won't hammer) and 1 scum which would mean town has 5 alive, 1 scum going into N3 and 4 alive, 1 scum to start D4 assuming a successful NK. A mislynch would make it 3 alive, 1 scum going into N4 and then scum wins with a successful NK.

If both CC and vector turn out to be town, then we go into N3 with 6 alive, 2 scum and started D4 with 5 alive, 2 scum which would be lylo and one person who has claimed lynchbomb. We wouldn't be able to lynch him at that point because even if he is scum and a lynchbomb, then lynching him on D4 would take out a scum and a town which would leave 3 alive, 1 scum going into N4 and scum win with a successful NK.

Hmm...I think after typing all this out, the only real option right now is to lynch CC and hope that one of CC or vector is scum. I'm going to take a few more minutes to think about it, but if anyone else has thoughts it'd be nice to hear them.

Mafia edit.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

If he is a town lynchbomb and providing vector is scum, then lynching him now would lose 2 town and 1 scum which would mean town has 5 alive, 1 scum going into N3 and 4 alive, 1 scum to start D4 assuming a successful NK. A mislynch would make it 3 alive, 1 scum going into N4 and then scum wins with a successful NK.

Yeah this was my thought process when I switched my vote. CC is the only logical option, thanks to the lynchbomb claim.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMMadman posted:

FEEL FREE TO TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU WANT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

FEEL FREE TO TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU WANT

I HAD TO TAKE A poo poo!

And during that poo poo, I couldn't see any other way to play this day out. We're going to have lynch CC and hope that one of them is scum. I've been having some second thoughts about CC being scum, but I'm pretty sure that vector will flip scum, so I think town should be alright here.

##vote Concerned Citizen

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Concerned Citizen!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
And don’t be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you’ll never walk alone
You’ll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you’ll never walk alone
You’ll never walk alone

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

May 25, 2016 6:24 PM
May 25, 2016 6:41 PM

jesus...

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

May 25, 2016 6:24 PM
May 25, 2016 6:41 PM

jesus...

that's some serious shitposting

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol if u dont post while making GBS threads

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

flerp posted:

lol if u dont post while making GBS threads

I'd say a good 25% of my mafia posts are made while making GBS threads, actually.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:downsgun: Votecount for Day 3 :downsgun:

Concerned Citizen (5): CapitalistPig, dongsbot 9000, TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, TMMadman, Li Dawny, TMMadman
vector_to (1): Anonymous
CapitalistPig (1): TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Concerned Citizen, TMMadman, Absurd Revolver, Li Dawny

Not Voting (2): tpink, vector_to :nono:

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 25th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Eleanor rushes into the room, beckoning Marie and Gertrude over. The fan drowns out most of their whispered conversation, but even in the dwindling light of the sunset you can tell they're upset.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

"... another one ... terrible ... carved out ... even the mattress! ... worst thing ... dried red stains!"

"Mary ... of God."

"Calm ... take care ... quietly ... upset ... others ..."

"... not all ... another ... thought they were sleeping ... dead!"

"What in the Lord's name is happening to this place?"

:rip: Concerned Citizen, Scum-Aligned Goon, was never seen again after Day 3! :rip:

:rip: vector_to, Town-Aligned Vanilla, was never seen again after Day 3! :rip:

Night 3 begins now. You have 14 hours from this post to get me any night actions. This is a strict limit - if I do not hear from you by that time, you will forfeit your night action!

The next day will start before or around noon tomorrow, 5/26.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

"Oh Eleanor, it's clear you're bursting with gossip this morning. You may as well get on with it."

"Sorry, Gertrude! It's just - another resident passed last night. But th-this one - his door was locked, and when they finally got it open, he had been SHOT! And there was more of that horrid graffiti hidden in every nook and cranny!"

"Sakes alive! What is this place coming to?"

"That's not all - didn't you hear? They found a gun in his room - and this one was properly loaded! Obviously he did for himself - guilt-wracked from his sins, I would think."

"That's quite enough of that, you two. Best to not speak ill of the dead. All I'll say is this - I hope that's the end of all this strangeness. It's weighed upon poor Director Fyre so much, the last few days - losing so many, under such odd circumstances. Now come along, let's bring everyone to the sunroom for the day. Supposed to be beautiful weather outside, after all."

:rip: CapitalistPig, Scum-Aligned Goon, was killed on Night 3! :rip:

In the end, Marie was right - that would be the last suspicious death that they had to deal with. In the days and weeks to come, Ms. Fyre's Special Needs Senior Care Center returned to a state of normalcy - or as normal as it could be, with its delightfully unique (throughly insane) residents.

All threats to the "town" have been eliminated! The game ends in a TOWN VICTORY, with the following people left alive:
  • Li Dawny, Compulsive Blank Vigilante
  • Absurd Revolver, Compulsive Vigilante (yes, he wins with town)
  • tpink, Roleblocker
  • dongsbot 9000, Vanilla
  • TMMadman, Vanilla
~~~

Misfire Mafia was a game of Mafia for 12 players, featuring:
  • 3 Scum (1 Roleblocker, 2 Goons), crazed (in a bad way) residents lashing out at everyone and anyone.
  • 3 Town Compulsive Vigilantes (2 of which were Blank Vigilantes and always got FAILED results), crazed (in a decent-ish way, I suppose) residents with the best of intentions.
  • 1 Town Roleblocker, who just wanted some peace and quiet. (And was crazy.)
  • 5 Town Vanilla, who were just good old harmless crazies.
Thank you all for playing! As always, feedback is more than welcome.
As an aside, this game was based on this setup: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Impotence_Mafia
Flavor for your individual brands of crazy was lifted (where possible) from the first post you made in this thread. In-thread flavor was intentionally meant to be vague and unhelpful, given the stated intent of this game.

Mod Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19cVP9Mn5EO0MsFFAXPPoSOm9g6SLqHDtfvdSr_31BU4/edit?usp=sharing
Scum Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18VL2fCReiIa06X84YF6lK5HKMRWZeL5Z0K4r0jIaEOw/edit?usp=sharing
Observer/Dead Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jeq2pGj8Wu1xp0ecIl8faAstmBQri-CLOVLj2BOHV_0/edit?usp=sharing

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wow gently caress you absurd

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think we can all safely say that li is mvp

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
was cpig RNG or did AR actually crack the case and shoot him?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gg

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

was cpig RNG or did AR actually crack the case and shoot him?

AR only RNGed his shot on Night 2. He specifically chose CPig for Night 3.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For the record, the night that AR attempted to take no action, he had a 1/9 chance of shooting himself. :haw:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Podima posted:

AR only RNGed his shot on Night 2. He specifically chose CPig for Night 3.

n1

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Well that was an ill formed completely ineffective plan.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im tilting ar tried to kill me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

For the record, the night that AR attempted to take no action, he had a 1/9 chance of shooting himself. :haw:

ar shooting himself in the face wouldve been 2 accurate for this game imho

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I probably would have done better if i had a good fake claim to work with.

:p

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

CapitalistPig posted:

Well that was an ill formed completely ineffective plan.

they say you learn more from your failures than your successes cpig.

something to think about

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh man, I loved this game. Sorry I was MIA the last day, fam - I was tied up all day and came back with the intention of hammering CC, but I was already beaten to it. I thought after their last post that was basically "gee whiz sure you can lynch me but I promise I'm town" that there was a good chance they'd flip scum.

And for the record I did finally peg Cpig as scum and roleblocked him on N3, so even if AR hadn't killed him, our town victory still would have been secure. :hist101:

Podima, thanks for modding, I really enjoyed this! And good work town buddies. :hfive:

Also, if anyone is setting up another game, I'd be happy to play!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Boo you fucks for lynching me D1 just cause I'd gone to bed :mad:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Hope you folks appreciate my incredible game winning plays.

But seriously, fun game, fun role, glad I shot flerp, glad I missed dongsbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good game everyone.

• Locked thread