Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

shinmai posted:

no what you're supposed to do is have a heart rate of 69 and your blood pressure be 420 over 187268

im going to crunch these numbers, you may be onto something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Yobgoblin posted:

:respek: what's your resolution? My left monitor (not widecreen) is 1280x1024 and my right (primary one) is 1680x1050.

laptop is 1366x768. tv that i usually plug it into is 1280x720, but i upscale to 1366x768 because apparently my laptop dislikes tht one resolution of them all

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

super mario batali posted:

SIB, I just backed Star Bastards, when will this ship?

yeah should go out early July. I'm not expecting any problems since I've tested all the suppliers (except the dice guys, but i'm ordering from them before the campaign ends just in case they're slow)

hi how are you ♥

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I actually had a question about the kickstarter:
If I up my pledge by some amount, would it be possible to get two decks of cards? I collect playing cards, and I like weird and quirky decks and that'd make an awesome addition to my collection.

If it's super impossible, I'll just try and save enough to order two sets and gift the other book to some schmuck :P

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

shinmai posted:

I actually had a question about the kickstarter:
If I up my pledge by some amount, would it be possible to get two decks of cards? I collect playing cards, and I like weird and quirky decks and that'd make an awesome addition to my collection.

If it's super impossible, I'll just try and save enough to order two sets and gift the other book to some schmuck :P

yes shoot me a message on KS or PM and we can work something out!

hi how are you ♥

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

link me this kickstarter thing please because lazy

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

shinmai posted:

no what you're supposed to do is have a heart rate of 69 and your blood pressure be 420 over 187268

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

yeah should go out early July. I'm not expecting any problems since I've tested all the suppliers (except the dice guys, but i'm ordering from them before the campaign ends just in case they're slow)

So you have already fronted the money?
e: for the printing etc

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

super mario batali posted:

So you have already fronted the money?
e: for the printing etc

for some stuff where i ordered tons like the bookmarks, the books and cards take like a week so I haven't done that yet

hi how are you ♥

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
hey, do any of you guys do stuff in gamedev? i was planning on putting together a jam through itch.io later this summer and wanted to throw the concept out there for anyone interested. just gonna post my pitch from TIGSource:

quote:

I just played Experiment 12 again recently, and I've always been bummed that the whole “chain game” concept – where one whole game is put together by a series of distinct creators – kinda seems like a one-off thing. The more I think about it, the more I think it'd be really cool to expand the idea into a kind of month-long Chain Jam, where everyone participating would get paired together into groups of 4, and each would have 1 week to put together a game, then forward it to the next person to develop on it. I'd love to work on putting something together, if the interest is there.

HighwireAct fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 26, 2016

shinmai

CHK Instruction

HighwireAct posted:

hey, do any of you guys do stuff in gamedev? i was planning on putting together a jam through itch.io later this someone and wanted to throw the concept out there for anyone interested. just gonna post my pitch from TIGSource:

:wave:
I'm a wannabe gamedev and that sounds like a fun idea, and would love to participate, depending on what exactly "later this someone" is autocorrected from, since my BOYResolution is to work on my current project until the end of July.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
oh whoops! should read “later this summer.” and awesome! I'll be sure to keep you updated

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Bo-Pepper posted:

link me this kickstarter thing please because lazy

Google "Star Bastards" and you'll find it

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 26, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DraconicImpulse posted:

laptop is 1366x768. tv that i usually plug it into is 1280x720, but i upscale to 1366x768 because apparently my laptop dislikes tht one resolution of them all

Nice. My laptop is 1920x1080 even thought the screen is a foot wide and 6 3/4 inches tall not counting the boarders taking up space just for the logos.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

symbolic

Yobgoblin posted:

Nice. My laptop is 1920x1080 even thought the screen is a foot wide and 6 3/4 inches tall not counting the boarders taking up space just for the logos.
my primary monitor is 1920x1080 and it's so nice :3:

3D Megadoodoo

I tried to write a computer game once in Inform (6 I think) and I stopped when I managed to accidentally create a toilet of no return and couldn't figure out how to fix it. I'll build myself a tower with four ways in and no way out indeed!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

symbolic posted:

Doesn't BYOB already have a dedicated thread for resolutions?

Matoi Ryuko

I Was The Fury posted:

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

how big is it in actual size?

----------------

alnilam

I Was The Fury posted:

lol

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I have two HP 22xi's. I'm saving money to replace them with a pair of z24s's but with prices being what they are, it'll probably be a while

I regret selling my zr24's to buy a bitcoin miner as a joke and to replace my phone :(

at least i still have the miner

cuntman.net

I Was The Fury posted:

:psyboom:

symbolic

Yobgoblin posted:

how big is it in actual size?
I think 21.5 inches.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

I think 21.5 inches.

nice. my widescreen is about a foot long and 18 inches wide. i've been looking to get new ones.

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Yobgoblin posted:

nice. my widescreen is about a foot long and 18 inches wide. i've been looking to get new ones.

so 21.5 inches then

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i have a single 27" IPS monitor, a BenQ GW2765. It's very good and not very expensive. Probably not great for games that require insane reflexes but good enough for just about everything, and excellent for what I use it for.

I'll probably tack on one of those chinese tablet monitors that have appeared recently

hi how are you ♥

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I Was The Fury posted:

shinmai

CHK Instruction
gently caress I had an accidental nap during the day and now I can't sleep and I have to be up in six hours help

I Was The Fury

To actually contribute though, I have a Samsung rose black 27 inch monitor. I keep it at 1920x1080

I got it for free from my old job when we declared it unrepairable and then I repaired it with my own money.

I Was The Fury

shinmai posted:

gently caress I had an accidental nap during the day and now I can't sleep and I have to be up in six hours help

Good news: you're already up, so you're prepared for six hours from now. Bad news: you're going to get real sleepy around 8 hours from now so I recommend drinking lots of coffee

treasure bear

gentlemen browse on 1920x1200 monitors

shinmai

CHK Instruction
See therein lies the problem, six hours from now someone will begin jabbing needles into my skin in order to inject ink underneath and this will still be going on eight hours from now im scared

I Was The Fury

Oh in that case chug some nyquil right before and you can nap through the whole scary process

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

have you considered getting drunk and just not showing up for it? that's what i do

hi how are you ♥

eonwe

the needles poking into your skin will probably help keep you awake

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

have you considered getting drunk and just not showing up for it? that's what i do

considering I'm getting the tattoo go commemorate five years of being sober, that would be some class A irony

I Was The Fury posted:

Oh in that case chug some nyquil right before and you can nap through the whole scary process

Eonwe posted:

the needles poking into your skin will probably help keep you awake

I'm not scared to get tatted, but being sleepy and cranky and not feeling good will definitely not make the process more enjoyable

I took some melatonin and put some rain sounds on, hopefully I'll soon drift into Morpheus' warm embrace, as I belive the cool kids say these days.

I Was The Fury

shinmai posted:

considering I'm getting the tattoo go commemorate five years of being sober, that would be some class A irony

Oh then don't chug nyquil. And congratulations on spending half a decade above the influence! That's some strength right there

FluffieDuckie

shinmai posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shinmai posted:

I'm not scared to get tatted, but being sleepy and cranky and not feeling good will definitely not make the process more enjoyable

I took some melatonin and put some rain sounds on, hopefully I'll soon drift into Morpheus' warm embrace, as I belive the cool kids say these days.

Congratulations on 5 years, brother. How does it feel to have reached that milestone?

I'm glad some melatonin and good ambiance works for you.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i'm a big fan of weapons-grade irony but you do you

hi how are you ♥