Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I don't hate Babymetal because they're fake or commercial, and I absolutely do not hate them for their gender or nationality. I hate them because they sound insanely loving annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Anyone else ITT at MDF this weekend?

CRAFT!!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nordick posted:

I don't hate Babymetal because they're fake or commercial, and I absolutely do not hate them for their gender or nationality. I hate them because they sound insanely loving annoying.

I view them the same as the saccharine eurovisionesque power metal bands from Scandinavian countries that are just pop groups repackaged to appeal to people who aren't nerdy enough to hear about the esoteric indie bands but still want something slightly aggressive or heavy sounding, which is with apathy and silent derision as to not call more attention to them.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Can I hate a band for writing terrible music? Because that's why I hate them.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

comes along bort posted:

Like 99% of bands with any label or financial backing aren't mostly prepackaged horseshit.
This isn't some zero-sum game though.

Thirteen lyricists. Twenty-one composers/arrangers.

e: Also, gently caress Herman Li and Sam Totman.

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 26, 2016

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

haha loving Herman Li and Sam Totman

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I'm not sure I've ever heard any Babymetal but anybody who gets this many gatekeepers this angry can't be all bad.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I guess i'm terribly colonial indoctrinated for not liking babymetal as a half asian

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Vulture Culture posted:

This isn't some zero-sum game though.

Thirteen lyricists. Twenty-one composers/arrangers.

e: Also, gently caress Herman Li and Sam Totman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
hey hope everyone has fun at MDF, I have quite a few friends attending. I would go but not that interested in this year's lineup. Plenty of great bands but most I've already seen or will get a chance to see in the near future without having to pay for a flight and a hotel.

Hell's Headbash should be tight, tho.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

arbybaconator posted:

CRAFT!!

Yup. I'll probably be at Rams Head most of the night. Wearing a purple and white Windhand baseball tee, so I should be pretty easy to spot.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Vargatron posted:

haha loving Herman Li and Sam Totman

I have a guitar pick from Sam Totman from a DF show. They also had cup holders for their Coronas with straws in them on their mic stands.

That is my Dragonforce story.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Classic! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Drummer from Skeletonwitch on Instagram posted a band called "Drude" who sounded amazing but I can't find gently caress all out there.

E: Hmm... Facebook says "Burn the Army"? I guess that was their old name.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 26, 2016

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
If I really dig Huntress for the lyrics and vocal style, what are some other bands that may appeal?

Just discovered them and Eight of Swords is my loving jam right now.

http://youtu.be/_SKELDVRJDY

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

ScarletBrother posted:

If I really dig Huntress for the lyrics and vocal style, what are some other bands that may appeal?

It's not my genre but Unleash the Archers is quite catchy.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

ScarletBrother posted:

3 inches of blood

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

arbybaconator posted:

CRAFT!!

Ya I'm the skinny dude in a Skinless shirt come find me

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

3 inches of blood

Just buy one song and you have their entire catalog, because every track sounds exactly the same.

It's a good track, just no variety whatsoever. :v:

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

xzzy posted:

Just buy one song and you have their entire catalog, because every track sounds exactly the same.

It's a good track, just no variety whatsoever. :v:

The track in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO7TZGgBbOw

If you've played either Tony Hawk's Underground 2 or Saints Row 2 you've probably heard this song.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BabyMetal is way better than your favorite "lofi is still relevant" canadian oldies war metal band.

Also lol @ them being bad because they're "prepackaged". That doesn't mean anything. It's fine to dislike them but come on let's not be silly.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 27, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a retard posted:

The track in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO7TZGgBbOw

If you've played either Tony Hawk's Underground 2 or Saints Row 2 you've probably heard this song.
Or Brutal Legend

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

:siren: They have MDF tote bags :siren:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

comes along bort posted:

Like 99% of bands with any label or financial backing aren't mostly prepackaged horseshit.

I disagree. There's a big difference between a band, as generic as it might be, made out of people who wanted to make music, and three interchangeable kids chosen by producers and pr people to sing songs written for them, while dancing a choreography made for them.

Edit. I don't have a problem with people enjoying the music, but calling it "metal" is ridiculous.
Additionally, the point was that dismissing criticism as racist or misogynist is ridiculous, when there are plenty of reasons to dislike them.

Redrum and Coke fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 27, 2016

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

BabyMetal is way better than your favorite "lofi is still relevant" canadian oldies war metal band.

Also lol @ them being bad because they're "prepackaged". That doesn't mean anything. It's fine to dislike them but come on let's not be silly.

Nice post friend, you're definitely sticking it to all those kvlt elitists out there

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

A human heart posted:

Nice post friend, you're definitely sticking it to all those kvlt elitists out there

He's a good metal fan. Not like all those other ones (tm)

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

what does "lofi is still relevant" refer to exactly

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Babymetal are a production. Think of it like a musical if it helps you be less angry.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Minto Took posted:

Babymetal are a production. Think of it like a musical if it helps you be less angry.

I was only angry at the racism suggestion. I don't care if people listen to it, it's their business.

.. It's not like it's Disturbed.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
1) sees a babymetal video

2) discovers that people like babymetal

3) rages out

Perfectly normal behavior

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Next we should gather round the campfire and discuss the modern law of grind and the balance of false vs true.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

1) sees a babymetal video

2) discovers that people like babymetal

3) rages out

Perfectly normal behavior

I really don't think you read any of the posts above you. Keep up the good work.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Non Serviam posted:

I really don't think you read any of the posts above you. Keep up the good work.

nice meltdown

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Next we should gather round the campfire and discuss the modern law of grind and the balance of false vs true.
After that is 'Ghost: Metal or Not?'

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
jungle rot just complained that MDF gave them "the shittiest venue with crap sound"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

jungle rot just complained that MDF gave them "the shittiest venue with crap sound"

Oh no fans won't be able to hear the subtle nuances of Jungle Rot's one song

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
whoa buddy you dont want to diss jungle rots intricate breakdowns

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also putrid pile is good.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

poo poo sound for poo poo band.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The sound wasn't bad to me but I'm guessing they just couldn't hear themselves, still no reason to be a dick about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

I was only angry at the racism suggestion. I don't care if people listen to it, it's their business.

.. It's not like it's Disturbed.

You learned a valuable lesson my son - sperglords get sensitive when you poo poo on their barely legal animu bands.