Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm going to amend my previous statement: i, in fact, am aware of my alignment

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm going to amend my previous statement: i, in fact, am aware of my alignment

In that case, ##unvote

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I remember thinking that AR was scummy yesterday, lemme re-read him.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i wish someone would join our guild who knew how to make a fire, and not almost burn the town down

bad for our rep :(

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Absurd Revolver posted:

i wish someone would join our guild who knew how to make a fire, and not almost burn the town down

bad for our rep :(

Interesting that the minute I mention your name you show up in thread.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
rarity and pmom are the types to not NK a lurker in a lurky game, im fine with either of them

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

JakeP posted:

rarity and pmom are the types to not NK a lurker in a lurky game, im fine with either of them

What do you think of AR?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MG3 posted:

What do you think of AR?

he hasn't really struck me as particularly scummy but I dont have a strong town read on him

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

jon joe posted:

Match Overviews
Absurd Revolver vs vector_to
A big contention right off the bat! We have a hedgemaster vs a lurker! It's amazing that vector_to even showed up the match!
Let's see the highlight shot of the match, made by Absurd Revolver:

Woah! A powerful hypocritical hedge, a three pointer! No substance, just weak spite against our incredibly amazing and beautiful referee, jon joe!
Meanwhile, vector_to was knocked out despite lurking due to overuse of this tactic. It look like he's lurking in every game, folks! Easy victory to AR!

PMom vs Azuth0667
Two lurkers, folks. The main difference here is Azuth is pulling the strong move of "no opinions so far"! And "confusion post!" Woah!
PMom is absolutely slaughtered by these moves, having only a weak showing of low-reasoning votes!
Azuth0667 takes it!

JakeP vs GulagDolls
How did GulagDolls even get to the playoffs? Dude's so town it hurts. This is due to his signature playstyle of fun jokes combined with scumhunting through calling people out on their bullshit.
JakeP is pretty town to, what with strong opinions and contributions, but he's a lot less likable. His only saving grace is his total misrepresentation and hatred of lumpenlists.
Wait, a surprise move?!

He's not going to vote jon joe anymore despite not giving a reason! Could he really be just blowing smoke? The audience loves smoke!
JakeP wins by not being GulagDolls!

imgay vs MG3
imgay is content-less, but pretty consistent with his town meta, while MG3 is just content-less.
imgay is gay!
Wow, MG3 not even lurking, but I've seen lurkers with more content than him!
It's a toughie, folks, but the audience likes the cut of MG3's low content and high post count! It's a new lurking strategy! A win for MG3!

Shadow0 vs Rarity
Is Shadow0 just a copy-cat of MG3? It's the exact same strategy, except he has a vote!
That vote makes it all, folks! It's one thing to have many posts and no content, it's another to bandwagon, too, then go back to no content!
Rarity has just been lying down on the floor the entire game. Is she okay? Medics? MEDICS?!
Shadow0 wins through strong play AND an opponent who can't play anymore.

Mayor Glowku vs Anomalous Amalgam
The last match of the round, gentle audience. We have the popular lurker strategy from Mayor Glowku, plus a no-content vote, vs Anonymous Amalgam.
Woah a series of strong scum plays from Anonymous Amalgam!
Wait, instant replay!
It looks like AA has a lot of townie content in addition to his scummy posts! Will this hurt his chances?
No!
It's a good thing we keep posts saved, though, so our incredible judge can look at them with a more objective eye. AA may make it through this round on the back of some suspicious timings and hedges, but his town-like legitimacy might be his downfall in a future round!
AA wins, but loses many fans!

Round 2 incoming!

This is an amazing post, I'm sad that JJ is dead now.

AR had major beef with JJ early. I'm thinking he had reason to kill JJ

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

MG3 posted:

This is an amazing post, I'm sad that JJ is dead now.

AR had major beef with JJ early. I'm thinking he had reason to kill JJ

You're right, but I was kinda in a bad place that night, and even I loved those amazing brackets.

Stay safe JJ ghost.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

i mean I have been scum with rarity before it it really annoyed me that she wanted to kill off the best players and make it an easy game rather than a fun game for all involved.

I have never been scum with you before, and I am not sure I ever even played in a game where you were scum, but I feel like you would be similar

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote rarity i've been swayed. also rarity is lurker that must be destroyed since scum won't/can't do it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

i mean I have been scum with rarity before it it really annoyed me that she wanted to kill off the best players and make it an easy game rather than a fun game for all involved.

I have never been scum with you before, and I am not sure I ever even played in a game where you were scum, but I feel like you would be similar

I wouldn't be. I'd have killed town vector.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wouldn't be. I'd have killed town vector.

What the heck is the town vector?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MG3 posted:

What the heck is the town vector?
i would have killed forums poster vector, who has 5 posts, if they were town.

(and killing them is such an obvious pro-game move that it's making me think they're likely to be scum - keeping vector is super rude on the part of the scum team otherwise.)

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

i would have killed forums poster vector, who has 5 posts, if they were town.

(and killing them is such an obvious pro-game move that it's making me think they're likely to be scum - keeping vector is super rude on the part of the scum team otherwise.)

Oh lol I forgot there was a player in this game named Vector. I thought I missed something like a town role named the "vector"

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Its weird that your post seemed so sure that vector was town.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Having re-read ARs history a couple times, I don't think he is scum.

I'm about to re-read AA because I really feel like I felt like someone with A in their name was scum yesterday.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yeah I think you're still scummy. Like I said lumpen lists mimic scum hunting. They feign opinion and that makes you look worse than AR, lurker vector and an mia Rarity imo. The more you post, the more I am pinged because outside of your tunneling on AR, who has admittedly made some awkward posts and convictionless votes, you your self seem to have little conviction and turn your cases into fill in the blank questionnaires for players to respond to instead of actually building a case on your own merit.

Like I said, your vote on Rarity was opportunistic, your casing is shallow and lumpen lists are easy ways to pretend like you actually have opinions.

##vote Jon joe

You want my vote baby, you got it. ;)

You're scum or incredibly obtuse. I had an opinion on your vote when town was pushing lurker lynch but you neatly omit that.

I've got way more content than you in my joke posts than you do in all your rebuttals and lists. You're fake man, and the reason why is....

You're scum. Not even the scum mvp.

Not a big fan of these two posts by AA

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Having re-read ARs history a couple times, I don't think he is scum.

I'm about to re-read AA because I really feel like I felt like someone with A in their name was scum yesterday.

Was it ShAdow0? :0
Ok, sleep for real now.
Good luck, guys! :sleep: <- pretend that's a real emote

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Shadow0 posted:

Was it ShAdow0? :0
Ok, sleep for real now.
Good luck, guys! :sleep: <- pretend that's a real emote

Nah you didn't ping me yesterday.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote rarity

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Is deadline today, is that why people are bandwagoning rarity?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

MG3 posted:

Is deadline today, is that why people are bandwagoning rarity?

yeah lol what is the case on rarity anyway, being a lurker?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also shes scum

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Deadlines a day away, lemme re-read rarity and see if I can add to this bandwagon in good faith.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

JakeP posted:

also shes scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there's no reason to put someone at -1 24 hours away from deadline :colbert:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

well if they're scum then theres no reason to prolong the day.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
No reason not to :colbert:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

There is plenty of reason to do it. Why are you worried a scum buddy will die?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Rarity posted:

Mags was a lurker vote but he's started posting today which negates my reason for voting him. On the other hand your justification for voting him was weak and I think comes from bad intentions. It's not that difficult to understand.

Rarity posted:

The problem is "This is a band bad vote I'm sticking where I'm at" is not a persuasive enough statement to stop a bandwagon.The sheer act of putting a vote down forces people to pay attention and not just skim past your post. Yeah, I suppose I'm trusting someone else's reads there which is not generally good play but I'm feeling good about JJ so based on my vibes so far I feel lynching Mags gives us a better shot of hitting scum than lynching Azuth

##vote rarity

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

I agree we don't need to hammer someone with a full day of time left, even if Rarity is scummy as heck.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votecount for Day 2

Rarity (4): Anomalous Amalgam, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Mayor Glowku, GulagDolls, JakeP, MG3, Anomalous Amalgam
Shadow0 (2): Pinterest Mom, GulagDolls, imgay, GulagDolls
Pinterest Mom (2): MG3, Shadow0, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, JakeP, Absurd Revolver, MG3, JakeP
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Rarity
Mayor Glowku (0): imgay, imgay
GulagDolls (0): Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku
MG3 (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Absurd Revolver (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls

Not Voting (2): Anomalous Amalgam, vector_to

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 27th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

TODAY'S QUESTS

BOOM!: Hunters have approached you with a simple request; build them some sturdy and durable arrows that also blow stuff up.. MAJOR: Artisan, MINOR: Combat KEY COMPONENT: Fletching. DIFFICULTY: 4

Magic Missile:An evil sorcerer is wreaking havoc on the tradesfolk coming into Lumbridge, and he is using powerful runes to do it. Take some runes for yourself and kill the sorcerer. MAJOR: Combat, MINOR: Gathering KEY COMPONENT: Magic DIFFICULTY: 6

Deep Dive:There is a rumor of fish large enough to feed all of Lumbridge hiding deep in the water. Rather than fishing like normal, you will dive down into the water and kill the fish yourself.MAJOR:Gathering, MINOR: Combat. KEY COMPONENTS: Fishing. DIFFICULTY: 4

Remember, higher quest difficulty brings a higher risk of failure but greater rewards!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

##unvote

I agree we don't need to hammer someone with a full day of time left, even if Rarity is scummy as heck.

What else are we going to do. I am an American. We enjoy instant gratification of our desires. REVOTE.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Is everyone convinced by MG3's unvote of me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I hope Vector is ok. I think they have gone MIA from the forums altogether.

Good luck mate.

As far as who is scum and not scum.

Glowku, Rarity, and MG3 are pinging me the most.

I really don't like MG3's "catching up" to make a vote while calling people out and not really actually building a case rather than making a couple quotes. Seems feigned IMO and I feel like the vote on Rarity just now is maybe a buss for cred given that she was at -2.

Glowku has almost no content at all. Their posts are bereft of anything but a few shady votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I hope Vector is ok. I think they have gone MIA from the forums altogether.

Good luck mate.

As far as who is scum and not scum.

Glowku, Rarity, and MG3 are pinging me the most.

I really don't like MG3's "catching up" to make a vote while calling people out and not really actually building a case rather than making a couple quotes. Seems feigned IMO and I feel like the vote on Rarity just now is maybe a buss for cred given that she was at -2.

Glowku has almost no content at all. Their posts are bereft of anything but a few shady votes.

Do you not see the way that she's changed her impetus for voting me on D1? That's scummy.

• Locked thread