Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
They should have got Mr Bean involved somehow

catte:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xinLivR8Sp0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

there are more stunts in the casting than in the spaceship movement

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah I am a massive loyal fanatic of this product and I spend hours defending it on forums but if the poo poo hits the fan then see you later shitlords

ABH is Sandi confirmed.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am 'boo' Huxley

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
gently caress it, just got Waste of Space - that trailer was worth $5 alone, I can't wait to see if it has joke's.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

gently caress it, just got Waste of Space - that trailer was worth $5 alone, I can't wait to see if it has joke's.

We watched TTerrible stream it earlier, it's a riot

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Dante80 posted:

Speaking of Stars...didn't Croberts want to keep the identities of the actors in Sq42 secret or sth (so as to have big reveals etc)?

did he talk to imdb?

Wow, Randall Graves has come a long way since his RST video days

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Polish Avenger posted:

Ok so let's hash this out.

"Think: Star Marine"

Could be:
  • Imminent major release instead disappears with no real explanation. Probably not this one, nothing major is imminent and everyone knows that.
  • Assets for a module are incompatible with the rest of the project/existing PTU. Seems most likely but is too easily spinnable to be that juicy. Would it really be that bad if you were technically running a different game in SQ42, even though that was never the design?
  • We are about to be informed that something big has been delivered all along, ala "you have FPS, you have boarding, you have that right now in the PTU." This is also possible but would be Donald Trump 'UGE if it was them declaring the PTU as the Star CItizen MMO release. This is beyond brazen, even for them. I can't believe this is the news. Even still, with the TOS dates approaching, the timing would make sense.
  • Derek, like North Korea, has to make a little noise every once in a while if it's been quiet for too long.

Option 5: due to the extensive tampering with CryStarEngine, the "recorded" mo-cap simply will not work with Squadron 42 pre-pre-pre-alpha.

Weeks, not months or years.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

She has low expectations. She will make a good wife one day to a person like Dolvak or Dickwulf.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Young Freud posted:

Isn't Captain MacLaren the name of Bishop's daughter? So, Gillian Anderson is basically in SQ42 for five minutes?

Also, Ben Mendelsohn is in this?

Hard saying. All I know is I'm going to get to know Captain Morgan quite well to play through this mocapped abortion.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

All right, which one of you guys is a/the goat sim dev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpl2ZwT4rq0

http://steamed.kotaku.com/goat-simulator-is-still-around-now-making-fun-of-star-1779028927

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

kotaku article gettin good comments

zeus drops mic and t poses away through the wall

Zeus, The Almighty posted:

As someone who’s invested money in and follows the development of Star Citizen, I absolutely hate when anyone talks about it. Everyone and their dog has an opinion on it based on what they’ve heard from people who haven’t been following the games development at all.

Yeah, it’s far from done.

No, that doesn’t worry me.

Shut the gently caress up about it.

*flies away in half finished ship*

time passes differently when you follow the development of star citizen

Reihen6 posted:

They post video updates 5 times a week and have released 5 patches this week alone.

If you actually follow the game, you can see that it’s getting developed. If you’re on the outside looking in, it seems like forever.

argh just wants you to know this

Argh posted:

I just want to mention that over at Something Awful forums, where many members backed Star Citizen, there’s a Star Citizen subforum that is moderated by Derek Smart (and he is only allowed to moderate that subforum)

squadron 42 still out this year!! eat a dick, haters!

Noyoureignorant posted:

Star Citizen is coming along really well, as far as can be seen. People are only complaining about its development time because most people are used to games being announced then released a year later or less. Most games spend many years before than in development, and while SC is doing the same, it is also open for people to test the alpha build as they incorporate more features. The single player game set in the same universe, is set to come out towards the end of the year.

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 27, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Danknificent posted:

You might be quite surprised who reads this thread.

Tell us what you know, Danknificent.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

lol spergs!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
why do you blank people out on a presumably public facebook

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

why do you blank people out on a presumably public facebook

ethics taught me not to publicly make fun of mentally challenged people

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

I bet her female co-workers appreciate that she now wears a proper warning label.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

EminusSleepus posted:

ethics taught me not to publicly make fun of mentally challenged people

you're a good person

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Watching a twitch stream of MXM - a game in pre-alpha - with a promotion tournament with Angry Joy and a pro-moba player.

I've never played or watch a moba game before.

I'm impressed with how the presenters and presenting it very professional, gently caress all ums and ahs (unlike Chris Roberts poo poo presenting) and how the game, even in pre-alpha has no bugs or crashes.

A hour or more to go if anyone wants to see a good presentation - https://www.twitch.tv/angryjoeshow

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

WTF??? bhahahahaha

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Star Citizen: Yes, we know about Goat Simulator

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

WTF??? bhahahahaha

The SC slams are pretty obvious. In-game some NPC have the line: 'Star Citizen took all my money.'.

Hope Roberts makes Ortwin send the Goat guys a cease and desist letter which they then publicly laugh at. Like X-mas in summer.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ezekeel posted:

I bet her female co-workers appreciate that she now wears a proper warning label.

Caution: May cause 50% loss of savings and will have elevated odds of contracting space cancer.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Caution: May cause 50% loss of savings and will have elevated odds of contracting space cancer.

I guess my humour is to subtle for this thread. But you are right it probably should be something more specific like: If you have to be black, at least have your pubes shaved, oval office.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

sandi is an absolute scumbag

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

TTerrible posted:

Tell us what you know, Danknificent.

No one with any name recognition wants to expose themselves to citizen review bombing if they're vulnerable to that, but this thread has some legitimate internet notoriety at this point, and it's not just industry people. There's at least one member of the SQ42 cast following pretty closely (not Sandi), for example.

I can't take much mystery solving credit for this; I mostly follow a lot of people on twitter and read between the lines.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i hope its luke

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

patch L will fix it!

patch L will drop later today probably!

Patch L for president

Naaaaahh. Patch L will change the launcher to a video of Sandi acting her interpretation of Goatse, while a choir sings "gently caress you, got mine!" in the background.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Luke I love you be my friend

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hello Internet

We like goats

And space games

And dislike scammers

:wave:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Danknificent posted:

No one with any name recognition wants to expose themselves to citizen review bombing if they're vulnerable to that, but this thread has some legitimate internet notoriety at this point, and it's not just industry people. There's at least one member of the SQ42 cast following pretty closely (not Sandi), for example.

I can't take much mystery solving credit for this; I mostly follow a lot of people on twitter and read between the lines.

lol why would you say this and then not just say who it is. How are Citizens going to gently caress up any of the A-List cast?

I know tons of industry people read this, I just wasn't expecting goatsim devs to out themselves as smarties quite so blatantly :v:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

EminusSleepus posted:

WTF??? bhahahahaha

That second point is a goddamn elbow drop off the top rope onto Double Fine.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
mark i'm a disabled veteran and I went through a lot of poo poo as a kid and star wars really was a big deal to me then (not now sorry :shrug:) and you could get cool pr points if you made me your friend. I'm not fat or weird or awkward or anything either.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

mark i'm a disabled veteran and I went through a lot of poo poo as a kid and star wars really was a big deal to me then (not now sorry :shrug:) and you could get cool pr points if you made me your friend. I'm not fat or weird or awkward or anything either.

Hillary Clintons Thong is a good poster, a good man and not at all a sexual threat.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
SC burn
Doublefine burn
Elite burn
SC burn
SC Burn
Eve burn?
Sandi burn
Masseffect burn

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

I'm the backwards "no step" decal

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

TTerrible posted:

Hillary Clintons Thong is a good poster, a good man and not at all a sexual threat.

its hard to be a rapist if you're a shut in!

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
Dear me just had a quick flick through ATV they really need to change their cook book, was one long sales pitch

1. Hype about content thats already overdue and will be a let down - Check

2. Hype about a new ships to sell you-Check

3. Another staff member promoted to director of some thing-check

4. Update from a entire studio who's focus is a 3D shopping experience-check

5. Notable absence of CR talking about anything to do with reality-check

6. Another needles cross Atlantic trip for marketing at backers expense-check

Zain Bein is a human manifestation of all thats wrong with this project . No experience what so ever in making games are a UI for games. History of some cool after effects UI for iron man .
Spent the last 3 years picking up a pay check for what ? The holotable and the shity 3d UI interface that almost every body hates when is the penny going to drop no one wants
to interact with a ironman hud while they play a game .

So they hire a few new people with experience of making a UI for a game and good old Zain get promoted to UI creative director ?? I mean wtf is that all about ? My guess a excuse to vastly overpay him his worth at the expense of the backers . Basically been kept on board to help CR create his 3d film UI . Guy is on another planet a cross between CR and SG and another reason this project is doomed

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

SurfaceDetail posted:

SC burn
Doublefine burn
Elite burn
SC burn
SC Burn
Eve burn?
Sandi burn
Masseffect burn