Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

gently caress you CBS. A garbage network that was too mediocre for such a fun show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wow. CBS you suck. And other networks way to suck a bit by not picking up the show

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Digital Jedi posted:

Wow. CBS you suck. And other networks way to suck a bit by not picking up the show

I doubt they were looking to sell it to other networks, probably just Netflix.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
well thats loving retarded. i know sucking is basically their brand at this point but god drat, they really dont want anybody under 50 watching their poo poo

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

It never really belonged on CBS so I'm glad we got an entire season anyway. Would've made a pretty good USA show or something.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
:negative:

Rename the show to NCIS: Limitless maybe then they'll buy it, they could get NZT Brian and his mind self both hacking something at the same time on the same keyboard.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

In the end, it wound up being Limited. loving liberal media

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It was so good. What the gently caress. Need to make room for NCIS Baseball Crimes?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SLOSifl posted:

It was so good. What the gently caress. Need to make room for NCIS Baseball Crimes?

the money was used to hire a staff of attorneys who specialize in sex abuse cases. Sounds like the makings of their next show but it's just part and parcel of launching a new star trek series.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

X-O posted:

I doubt they were looking to sell it to other networks, probably just Netflix.
Or Amazon.

And honestly I doubt they would be willing to effectively pick up and produce what is a nothing more than a network procedural. They're not in the habit to do that. They're in the habit to compete with HBO and Showtime and Starz and AMC for prestige TV buzz while hosting people's back catalogues.

Imagine if Netflix actually started producing an honest to goodness procedural. Maybe even aired it week-to-week instead. I mean there would be riots in the goddamn streets. I mean people were already confused when Netflix US got the broadcast rights to a Canadian show (Between) which was airing week-to-week and people were livid that a "Netflix original" wasn't all plopped out at their feet and they had to wait like one of those plebs who has a Nielsen box.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I was never that optimistic about Amazon. They shuttered a lot of their original content and made a big splash w/ 'saving' Community and it didn't pan out for them allegedly. I don't think they want to be in the 'saving' business, they want that item that sparks and draws heat to their goals and they probably feel, as Netflix has come to justifiably feel, that is going to be accomplished internally.

But damned if it doesn't sting.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dead Snoopy posted:

I was never that optimistic about Amazon. They shuttered a lot of their original content and made a big splash w/ 'saving' Community and it didn't pan out for them allegedly. I don't think they want to be in the 'saving' business, they want that item that sparks and draws heat to their goals and they probably feel, as Netflix has come to justifiably feel, that is going to be accomplished internally.

That was yahoo not Amazon for community.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Ah, that's complete and utter bollocks. :smith:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Hughlander posted:

That was yahoo not Amazon for community.

my bad

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnx4dMh6ZYxim1G/giphy.gif

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh there is no god

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

well thats loving retarded. i know sucking is basically their brand at this point but god drat, they really dont want anybody under 50 watching their poo poo

Aren't they number one or two for ratings? Or am I thinking of ABC?

Dead Snoopy posted:

Amazon is about to get dumpstered once all the Disney, lucas film, and pixar stuff hits netflix.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
First search result for "Why was Limitless Cancelled" is "8 New TV Shows You Don't Have To Worry About Getting Cancelled". http://www.cinemablend.com/television/8-TV-Shows-You-Don-t-Need-Worry-About-Getting-Cancelled-95257.html

:smith:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

RandomBlue posted:

First search result for "Why was Limitless Cancelled" is "8 New TV Shows You Don't Have To Worry About Getting Cancelled". http://www.cinemablend.com/television/8-TV-Shows-You-Don-t-Need-Worry-About-Getting-Cancelled-95257.html

Is Dr. Ken any good? I always liked that actor. And is it a laugh track show?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

RandomBlue posted:

quote:

considering its solid 18-49 numbers for a station that sometimes struggles attracting younger viewers, the future is nothing but bright

*wet fart noise*

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sober posted:

And honestly I doubt they would be willing to effectively pick up and produce what is a nothing more than a network procedural. They're not in the habit to do that.

Imagine if Netflix actually started producing an honest to goodness procedural.

Netflix uncanceled Longmire so both of your hypotheticals have already happened

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How is Longmire anyway? I really enjoyed the first season so.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It remains fantastic all the way through, the 4th (Netflix's first) season was stellar.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Holyshoot posted:

Is Dr. Ken any good? I always liked that actor. And is it a laugh track show?

No, it's horrible. Quite possibly the worst comedy show I've ever attempted to watch and yes I believe there was a laugh track. Several shows on that list were cancelled/not renewed, hopefully Dr. Ken among them.

Holy poo poo, Dr. Ken got another season, wow.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Sr. Ken was renewed. This gave me false hope weeks ago.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

dr ken was renewed after like 3 episodes too or something ridiculous. ABC had a bit of a rough year.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

loving fuckitty gently caress gently caress.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Brian take an NZT pill and figure out how to get the show uncanceled

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So this was mildly (extremely) annoying:

I found it in the CBS gift bag for Los Angeles Screenings for the 2016-2017 season.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Now you all feel how I felt about Forever last year. Full season order, then promptly cancelled. Luckily it didn't leave on a cliffhanger either.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sober posted:

Now you all feel how I felt about Forever last year. Full season order, then promptly cancelled. Luckily it didn't leave on a cliffhanger either.

Forever was decent, but no Limitless. The scarf thing was getting annoying.

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
Between this and Person of Interest, I can see exactly why network TV is going to die a long slow death.

gently caress you CBS.

and to rub it in they renewed Scorpion which everyone knows is terrible garbage.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
What the hell, probably my favourite new show and it gets cancelled.

Fuuuck.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It was good it was cancelled. At least they wrapped it up. The characters lived out the rest of their endless life's doing monsters of the week episodes.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
drat, I really wanted this to get another season.

It was a refreshing and fun show, certainly my favorite along with Fargo Season 2 from this past Tv season.

But, yeah, at least they didn't end it on a bitter "we had seasons planned of more story but gently caress you viewers for not making it possible it for the show to be renewed, here's a big cliffhanger".

All the way from episode two through the season finale the show did not dissapoint.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

It was good it was cancelled. At least they wrapped it up. The characters lived out the rest of their endless life's doing monsters of the week episodes.

Now that it's canceled the ending kinda bugs me. As they showed it, it seemed like they thought they already had a renewal in the bag with them talking about expanding the team and that sort of thing. If they thought it was on the bubble I'd think they'd have dropped in a short scene with Brian and Rebecca kissing or something.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The ending was a nice wrap-up and it didn't seem like there was significant chance to think that it would be cancelled. Ratings weren't the best but they weren't dumpster material by any means.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
According to screen rant Limitless was the highest rated show to get cancelled this year having a 2.2 in 18-49 and 9.8 million total viewership. I am not great with what ratings mean but isn't that fairly good for a new show? Was the show extremely expensive to make for some reason?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Oroborus posted:

According to screen rant Limitless was the highest rated show to get cancelled this year having a 2.2 in 18-49 and 9.8 million total viewership. I am not great with what ratings mean but isn't that fairly good for a new show? Was the show extremely expensive to make for some reason?

TV Execs loooooove to cancel good shows and renew poo poo. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

See as mentioned Forever gets canceled but Scorpion is picked up.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I guess it was to much to hope that Limitless and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend both get renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

WarLocke posted:

TV Execs loooooove to cancel good shows and renew poo poo. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

See as mentioned Forever gets canceled but Scorpion is picked up.
Forever I can see why it was cancelled cause it was from WB on ABC, and maybe not entirely on brand as everything else but Limitless man.

Like literally Code Black which is also owned by ABC and had worse ratings than Limitless was renewed. Or I'm pretty sure the CM spinoff though also wholly owned had worse ratings and was renewed.

I guess Limitless just wasn't on brand enough. As in stuffy white people being professionals solving grizzly crimes or stuff.

• Locked thread