Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

The England tour squad might be without their three biggest dipshits, as Manu Tuilagi and Owen Farrell have an injury cloud over them now.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/36351634

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Hartley is still in there, carrying the torch for dipshits everywhere.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Finn Russell seems to have sustained a serious head and facial injury in the match against Connacht on Saturday(from the look of what happened, it might be a broken cheek or orbit). He was still in hospital yesterday for observation :(

Hope he's alright in the long term but that almost certainly scuppers him for the Japan tour.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

The England tour squad might be without their three biggest dipshits, as Manu Tuilagi and Owen Farrell have an injury cloud over them now.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/36351634

Maybe they'll call up Cipriani to make up for it.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bristol!!!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Since Ulster did what they were supposed to do and lost to Leinster I am now an Exeter fan for the rest of the season.

I heartily look forward to our Chiefs breaking the Saracens hold on NH rugby and restoring faith in all that is great and good in the world.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Looks like Leroy Houston's leaving Bath. He's been named in the Wallabies squad.

Wallabies squad for the England series:

Hookers
James Hanson (Melbourne Rebels)
Stephen Moore (Captain, Brumbies)
Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW Waratahs)

Props
Alan Ala'alatoa (Brumbies)
Greg Holmes (Queensland Reds)
Sekope Kepu (Bordeaux)
Scott Sio (Brumbies)
James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
Toby Smith (Melbourne Rebels)

Locks
Rory Arnold (Brumbies)
Sam Carter (Brumbies)
Adam Coleman (Western Force)
James Horwill (Harlequins)
Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs)
Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
Will Skelton (NSW Waratahs)

Loose Forwards
Scott Fardy (Brumbies)
Liam Gill (Queensland Reds)
Michael Hooper (NSW Waratahs)
Leroy Houston (Queensland Reds)
Ben McCalman (Western Force)
Sean McMahon (Melbourne Rebels)
Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
David Pocock (Brumbies)

Halfbacks
Nick Frisby (Queensland Reds)
Nick Phipps (NSW Waratahs)
Joe Powell (Brumbies)

Five-Eighths
Bernard Foley (NSW Waratahs)
Mike Harris (Melbourne Rebels)
Christian Leali'ifano (Brumbies)

Midfielders
Samu Kerevi (Queensland Reds)
Tevita Kuridrani (Brumbies)

Back Three
Israel Folau (NSW Waratahs)
Dane Haylett-Petty (Western Force)
Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
Luke Morahan (Western Force)
Eto Nabuli (Queensland Reds)
Taqele Naiyaravoro (NSW Waratahs)

Utility Back
Karmichael Hunt (Queensland Reds)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This has not been a good season or off-season so far :(

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Naiyaravoro, if he plays, could have some trouble in defense against England. His positioning is a little iffy at times from what I saw of him at Glasgow. If he gets the ball in a wee bit of space he's pretty scary though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Ireland's squad to tour South Africa:

Forwards: Finlay Bealham (Connacht), Rory Best (Ulster), Sean Cronin (Leinster), Ultan Dillane (Connacht), Tadgh Furlong (Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Leinster), Iain Henderson (Ulster), David Kilcoyne (Munster), Jack McGrath (Leinster), Jordi Murphy (Leinster), Sean Reidy (Ulster), Mike Ross (Leinster), Quinn Roux (Connacht), Rhys Ruddock (Leinster), Donnacha Ryan (Munster), CJ Stander (Munster), Richardt Strauss (Leinster), Devin Toner (Leinster)

Backs: Keith Earls (Munster), Luke Fitzgerald (Leinster), Robbie Henshaw (Connacht), Paddy Jackson (Ulster), David Kearney (Leinster), Rob Kearney (Leinster), Kieran Marmion (Connacht), Luke Marshall (Ulster), Conor Murray (Munster), Stuart Olding (Ulster), Jared Payne (Ulster), Eoin Reddan (Leinster), Johnny Sexton (Leinster), Andrew Trimble (Ulster).

Looks a bit light up front, I feel like Joe's usual style of play doesn't match up well against SA, especially if Sexton is anything less than on top form.

Feel bad for Tommy O'Donnell and Stuart McCloskey missing out but Reidy and Olding in their places are players who could make an impact in their own right.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

In other amusing news, with Bristol being promoted to the Premiership, Wales' prodigal son will return to our televisions. Can't wait to see how hard Gavin Henson fucks up this time round.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Are BT Sport still decent for rugby? I used to watch a lot on the channel a couple of years ago, but I've not had it for a few years. I'm getting it again next month, so want to know if I should let myself get excited.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fallingdownjoe posted:

Are BT Sport still decent for rugby? I used to watch a lot on the channel a couple of years ago, but I've not had it for a few years. I'm getting it again next month, so want to know if I should let myself get excited.

I'd say it's pretty decent. Most of the time it doesn't do a lot wrong and doesn't interfere with the actual rugby too much.

The usual amount of English and British bias, but not too obnoxious about it.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

tarbrush posted:

I'd say it's pretty decent. Most of the time it doesn't do a lot wrong and doesn't interfere with the actual rugby too much.

The usual amount of English and British bias, but not too obnoxious about it.

Brilliant, thanks. Sounds like it'd suit me just fine then.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

There are some ridiculous forward passes being missed in this Highlanders/Hurricanes match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Thel posted:

There are some ridiculous forward passes being missed in this Highlanders/Hurricanes match.

Actual forward passes, or "forward passes?" Which direction is the ball leaving the hand from?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
England and Wales teams both look pretty strong for Sunday's game, and it shouldn't be too wet. Might even get a good game from it! (We probably won't get a good game from it).

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

The number of high tackles from the Warratahs going unpinged is even larger than the forward passes in the last game.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

The Rabbi T. White posted:

The number of high tackles from the Warratahs going unpinged is even larger than the forward passes in the last game.

Seems to be a fair number of forward passes as well. First time I've been able to sit down and watch my team all season and I can't be bothered. Oh well

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Kiwi whinging is the best. No one seems to mind how the Chiefs put an extra hit on Hooper every single time he was on the ground.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Unimpressed posted:

Kiwi whinging is the best. No one seems to mind how the Chiefs put an extra hit on Hooper every single time he was on the ground.

I mean, the Waratahs are always in the wrong so, I'm inclined to agree with the Kiwis.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns

fallingdownjoe posted:

England and Wales teams both look pretty strong for Sunday's game

It's definately the strongest team Wales could possibly put together, while the England team actually looks fun and interesting :{

-

Gwlad

Liam Williams (Scarlets), George North (Northampton Saints), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), Hallam Amos (Dragons), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Rob Evans (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester), Dan Lydiate (Capt - Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Josh Turnbull (Cardiff Blues), James King (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues).

-

Saes

Starting XV: Mike Brown; Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Luther Burrell, Marland Yarde; George Ford, Ben Youngs; Matt Mullan, Dylan Hartley, Dan Cole; Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes; Teimana Harrison, James Haskell, Jack Clifford.

Reps: Tommy Taylor, Ellis Genge, Paul Hill, Dave Attwood, Matt Kvesic, Danny Care, Ollie Devoto, Elliot Daly.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

fallingdownjoe posted:

A lot of people complain about the commentary on BT but as long as it's not a Saracens match it's no worse than what you'd get on Sky.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Are we taking bets on which players Mike Brown picks a fight with?

We can even have side bets on what team they're playing for.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
It will be a forward... Someone who would hand him his rear end. So all the forwards then.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A full on tantrum at Burrell, after he fucks up a pass to Brown that would have been the only try at the end of a soul-crushing first half (Brown always preferred Burgess for reasons). This annoys Hartley, who steps up in defence of his team-mate to deliver a 'measured and captain-ly' bollocking. Liam Williams finds the whole thing hilarious and can't stop himself from doubling up laughing, unfortunately he's dumb enough to do this within 5 yards of the incident and so well within the range of the furious lunge from Brown.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

My personal bet is that Mike will pick a fight with

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

The Southern Kings really are terrible. Even when they win, they confirm how bad they are.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Commentary on the Brumbies game: "Do we really need Henry Speight and Joey Tomane?".

ITS THE loving SUNWOLVES DON'T BE loving STUPID.

This game is embarrassing.
It is actually making me feel less human for having watched it.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 28, 2016

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Pro12 final has Connacht playing some of the best rugby I've seen in a long time. Great to see then come out and really go for it.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
I knew Leinster would be one dimensional especially without Nacewa but Connacht are showing them up so bad.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
We deserved a Connacht Glasgow final :smith:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Connacht are such a great contrast to Leinster, hope they can hold on here.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Great win for Connacht. A shame their players are being pillaged by bigger clubs and that so many of their players were overlooked for the tour in SA but they showed that flowing, expansive rugby can win finals.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Springboks squad for the Ireland tour has been named. Generally a pretty good first squad from Coetzee. Pretty much everyone there deserves it, including Kitshoff's way, way, way overdue call-up. The emphasis has been on local, young players, with only 3 of the 31 based in Europe.

No captain has been named yet, as Coetzee wants to see his team up-close before making the call.

Hookers
Bongi Mbonambi (Stormers)
Scarra Ntubeni (Stormers)
Adriaan Strauss (Bulls)

Props
Steven Kitshoff (Bordeaux)
Frans Malherbe (Stormers)
Beast Mtawarira (Sharks)
Trevor Nyakane (Bulls)
Julian Redelinghuys (Lions)

Locks
Lood de Jager (Cheetahs)
Pieter-Steph du Toit (Stormers)
Eben Etzebeth (Stormers)

Loose Forwards
Siya Kolisi (Stormers)
Jaco Kriel (Lions)
Francois Louw (Bath)
Sikhumbuzo Notshe (Stormers)
Duane Vermeulen (Toulon)
Warren Whiteley (Lions)

Halfbacks
Faf de Klerk (Lions)
Nic Groom (Stormers)
Rudy Paige (Bulls)

Five-Eighths
Garth April (Sharks)
Elton Jantjies (Lions)
Pat Lambie (Sharks)

Midfielders
Damian de Allende (Stormers)
Jesse Kriel (Bulls)
Lionel Mapoe (Lions)
Jan Serfontein (Bulls)

Back Three
Ruan Combrinck (Lions)
Willie le Roux (Sharks)
Lwazi Mvovo (Sharks)
JP Pietersen (Sharks)

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Great squad for the first test series after a World Cup. Not too sold on the hookers besides Strauss but other than that I'm really really excited to see what happens with this squad over the next four years.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

All Blacks squad for the Welsh tests has just been named.

New caps are underlined, injury replacements are italicised.

Hookers
Dane Coles (Hurricanes/Wellington)
Nathan Harris (Chiefs/Bay of Plenty)
Codie Taylor (Crusaders/Canterbury)

Props
Wyatt Crockett (Crusaders/Canterbury)
Charlie Faumuina (Blues/Auckland)
Owen Franks (Crusaders/Canterbury)
Joe Moody (Crusaders/Canterbury)
Ofa Tu'ungafasi (Blues/Auckland)

Locks
Tom Franklin (Highlanders/Otago)
Brodie Retallick (Crusaders/Canterbury)
Luke Romano (Crusaders/Canterbury)
Patrick Tuipulotu (Blues/Auckland)
Sam Whitelock (Crusaders/Canterbury)

Loose Forwards
Sam Cane (Chiefs/Bay of Plenty)
Kieran Read (Captain, Crusaders/Canterbury)
Elliot Dixon (Highlanders/Otago)
Jerome Kaino (Blues/Auckland)
Ardie Savea (Hurricanes/Wellington)
Liam Squire (Highlanders/Tasman)

Halfbacks
Tawera Kerr-Barlow (Chiefs/Waikato)
TJ Perenara (Hurricanes/Wellington)
Aaron Smith (Highlanders/Manawatu)

Five-Eighths
Beauden Barrett (Hurricanes/Taranaki)
Aaron Cruden (Chiefs/Manawatu)
Lima Sopoaga (Highlanders/Southland)

Midfielders
Ryan Crotty (Crusaders/Canterbury)
Malakai Fekitoa (Highlanders/Auckland)
Charlie Ngatai (Chiefs/Taranaki)
Seta Tamanivalu (Chiefs/Taranaki)

Back Three
Israel Dagg (Crusaders/Hawke's Bay)
Waisake Naholo (Highlanders/Taranaki)
Julian Savea (Hurricanes/Wellington)
Ben Smith (Highlanders/Sopoaga

Utility Back
Damien McKenzie (Chiefs/Waikato)

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Great McKenzie got the nod. I shudder to think about the destruction that the brothers Savea are going to wreak on the pitch.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just watched the highlights of the Pro 12 final. Connacht where excellent, great achievement for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I've never been in an Oxford pub with more red shirts than for this game. Maybe I won't have to listen to people talking about how great Hartley is this time!