Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nevermind

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
how come 7 of 9 still had all her bits unlike all the other borg

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shadow puppet of a posted:

Uh on closer inspection her hands don't look to be a picture healthy circulation.

So, in the fine tradition of goon selectivity...

"wouldn't"

Sorry Chase.

Whatever dude, you're not banging their hands

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
when i was little i would rent star trek voyager when i was staying with my grandma and the 'every episode starts fresh' when i didnt even know whwat season i was watching. So in short it was good for small children

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Captain's Log:

Due to ship wide repair problems, I've ordered the Voyager's computer to replace the EMH matrix with a temporary repair technician hologram best suited for this ship.

After analyzing all of Starfleets best minds and engineers, it's recreated perfectly a crewman name Miles O'Brien.

Capts. Log Supplemental:

The O'Brien Hologram repeatedly has achieved sentience and committed 'digital suicide'. Each revision of the holomatrix eventually has him experiencing some form of existential torment after a matter of hours of being activated and self-deleting, as if its mere existence is a universal constant of suffering. However, the repairs must continue, so as needed we'll continue to active the TRT Hologram of O'Brien as frequently as the need arises.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JediTalentAgent posted:

Captain's Log:

Due to ship wide repair problems, I've ordered the Voyager's computer to replace the EMH matrix with a temporary repair technician hologram best suited for this ship.

After analyzing all of Starfleets best minds and engineers, it's recreated perfectly a crewman name Miles O'Brien.

Capts. Log Supplemental:

The O'Brien Hologram repeatedly has achieved sentience and committed 'digital suicide'. Each revision of the holomatrix eventually has him experiencing some form of existential torment after a matter of hours of being activated and self-deleting, as if its mere existence is a universal constant of suffering. However, the repairs must continue, so as needed we'll continue to active the TRT Hologram of O'Brien as frequently as the need arises.

Miles O'Brian thread was the greatest thing ever.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Whatever dude, you're not banging their hands

Hand quality is of paramount concern for goons because the "pity handy" is the closest to consensual intercourse most will get.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4lfJ6CopA4

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Isaac posted:

how come 7 of 9 still had all her bits unlike all the other borg

I don't know if they ever explained it, but I just assumed it was because she was a borg for so much longer than anyone else who was "de-borged."

Speaking of 7 of 9 things, anyone else remember that episode where the Doctor's mobile-emitter was repaired with Seven's nanoprobes, and then it assimilated a crew member who became, like, a "Future Borg" because the mobile-emitter was from the 29th century or something?

But it was just a mobile-emitter, so the only thing "futuristic" about him should be some cool hologram tech., but he had, like, future shields/adaptability and weapons and poo poo.

Now, the easy answer is "plot hole." But I'd like to think that the mobile-emitter was actually far more than just a mobile-emitter. I mean...it's from like 400 years in their future, surely by then a mobile emitter should be, like, the size of a loving grain of sand. So what's all the rest of that stuff? The person who discovered it was loving Ed Beagly, Jr. You think he had any clue what it's full potential was?

It was probably some sort of future Wikipedia with all of the Future Federation's knowledge and then also a small mobile emitter so, like, Rosanne could pop out and tell you about Ambergris.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

TUVOK WAS/IS A FED

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

lol joining the maquis is basically like running off and fighting for the ukranians

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Blistex posted:

Miles O'Brian thread was the greatest thing ever.

make thomas riker thread

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Thomas Riker posted:

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare: crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor and surviving.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FuhrerHat posted:

make thomas riker thread

I made a harry kim one but it was a failure

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I made a harry kim one but it was a failure

nah nah you gotta use fan favourites, like lcomm eddington from ds9

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

has there ever been a worf megathread

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

worf's diary, page 372:

today i went to find my dad to try to prove he wasnt a coward and instead i found out klingon jesus is a little pussy bitch
space mondays, huh???

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Worf threads are without honor.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

there can only be one thread!!

ONE THREAD!!!!!!!!

rarRRAaaAArrrgGGhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shoves one of the stagehands that moves the space doors off camera*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

poo poo, guys

i pissed off whoppi goldberg and shes like, holding her hands in front of me like a tiger or a wizard or something

i dont see her holding her keys in them.... am i gonna be ok?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FuhrerHat posted:

nah nah you gotta use fan favourites, like lcomm eddington from ds9

I tried to do one in the spirit of the holodeck janitor front page articles, but it didn't really catch on. My life is a failure.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FuhrerHat posted:

poo poo, guys

i pissed off whoppi goldberg and shes like, holding her hands in front of me like a tiger or a wizard or something

i dont see her holding her keys in them.... am i gonna be ok?

The ladies on The View can get nasty

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Those were all just wonderful.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Those were all just wonderful.

There are more???

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

treiz01 posted:

There are more???

http://chiefobrienatwork.com/

I'm not sure I can pick a favorite.

I can think of at least one that isn't work safe (the Tasha Yar one).

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 27, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek but I'm pretty sure an alien cured Geordi of aspergers.

This guy was evolving or whatever and could heal people with light, I think he healed Worfs back or something after a fall and then Geordi walks in being a sperg and the guy just shoots light into his head and Geordi is like "Hey I feel Different" and he ends up being a lot less creepy toward the ladies.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

FuhrerHat posted:

worf's diary, page 372:

today i went to find my dad to try to prove he wasnt a coward and instead i found out klingon jesus is a little pussy bitch
space mondays, huh???

E/N Spacedock.jpg

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek but I'm pretty sure an alien cured Geordi of aspergers.

This guy was evolving or whatever and could heal people with light, I think he healed Worfs back or something after a fall and then Geordi walks in being a sperg and the guy just shoots light into his head and Geordi is like "Hey I feel Different" and he ends up being a lot less creepy toward the ladies.

In the TNG finale it says that in the future Geordi marries Leah Brahms, has three kids, and becomes a successful novelist.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like how it takes years of training to be in Starfleet but every job comes down to waving a stick at something to fix it.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oldpainless posted:

I like how it takes years of training to be in Starfleet but every job comes down to waving a stick at something to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/fGZ35Sv.gifv

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

oldpainless posted:

it's very realistic that way

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I feel that's just his wallpaper/home screen. You know, just in case need arises.

Also I really like how Trek has tablets everywhere. And you can just pass them around as need be.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

That's the part about the portable computer that they got wrong - you would never need all those tablets because all the information you would ever want can be accessed from one. The tablets in star trek were more akin to ebook readers.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Complain all you want CBS/Yahoo trek is going to be unrecognizable for having to integrate modern communication protocol. No more,

"Captain you better come see this..."
"Neelix, please walk around the ship and distribute this letter from home by hand"
"Constable Odo will lead the investigation of this crime that was somehow not captured on video in a station of a finite size with a finite number of corridors"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

treiz01 posted:

That's the part about the portable computer that they got wrong - you would never need all those tablets because all the information you would ever want can be accessed from one. The tablets in star trek were more akin to ebook readers.

I remember reading once some one explain that the differing pads are for differing levels of security.
So Picard at the top has access to a fuckton, but ensigns would only have access to the one that their department uses.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Voyager question for Voyager thread:

Didn't their uniforms change to the DS9 uniforms even though they hadn't been able to contact Starfleet at all at that point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

cheerfullydrab posted:

Voyager question for Voyager thread:

Didn't their uniforms change to the DS9 uniforms even though they hadn't been able to contact Starfleet at all at that point?

Nah, they actually kept them. But everyone on Earth switched.