Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Their Lambert impression has been making the rounds in my head all day.

heh heh heh

One of them does an absolutely spot on Lambert and the punch card/wedding/funeral riffing killed me, even if anything actually related to the movie was somewhat dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
All Episodes Archives
Now displaying: Category: episode-145-gallagher
No episodes found.

Aww man. :(

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Now someone ask Seagal if he yelled at that kid

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Spring Breakers 2: Buttons

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Listening to the episode of The Core and my god the discussion about Delroy Lindo melting at 9,000 DEGREES is great. I have no idea how I forgot about this.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

This appears to be the last five minutes
Patton Oswalt on Gallagher

I think Gallagher has had multiple rants regarding comics using water bottles and stools. I think the idea is that water bottles are a prop for comedians that can't smoothly transition from one bit to another and that it's rude to disengage from the audience while they sip water and think of their next joke. But instead of sounding like a an interesting guy with thirty years of experience to share he's just an angry old man. :(

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Evil Mastermind posted:

No the live show was for Olympus Has Fallen, which London Has Fallen is a sequel to.

The scene in Olympus has Fallen where the Secret Service runs in waves like cartoon lemmings into an open field to get shot by North Korean machine-gun fire is the greatest thing. It's so stupid and it just doesn't stop happening until like 100 guys in dark suits have been gibbed in the dumbest way possible. :allears:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 27, 2016

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

sean10mm posted:

The scene in Olympus has Fallen where the Secret Service runs in waves like cartoon lemmings into an open field to get shot by North Korean machine-gun fire is the greatest thing. It's so stupid and it just doesn't stop happening until like 100 guys in dark suits have been gibbed in the dumbest way possible. :allears:

At the beginning of the sequel, the president of Holland (I think) is in a boat on the Thames traveling to the British PM's funeral. Then a big rear end barge full of explosives sails up and blows him up.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Here's the Gallagher WTF interview, and holy poo poo is he a nutcase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMTtz3X5TVQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Listening to EDM, eatin' hotdogs, loving on that dirty couch..."

I rarely listen to Mailbag episodes more than once but oh my god.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

precision posted:

"Listening to EDM, eatin' hotdogs, loving on that dirty couch..."

I rarely listen to Mailbag episodes more than once but oh my god.

I've been to Button's more times than I can count since like 1985, and it got so scummy and weird during its last couple years. The last time I went, i was playing Terminator 2 and I was offered drugs and a stolen Walkman. The DEAL raid was about a year later.

I mean, the place was filthy and gross from pretty much day one as far as I can remember, but my last couple visits made me feel legitimately unsafe. The dirty water dogs were pretty good, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
How in holy hell have they not done an episode on Can't Hardly Wait yet? As a fellow member of Generation X I can safely say it's just about the most relentlessly 90s movie ever. It has more than one Smash Mouth song in it, one of which is within the first 5 minutes

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

precision posted:

How in holy hell have they not done an episode on Can't Hardly Wait yet? As a fellow member of Generation X I can safely say it's just about the most relentlessly 90s movie ever. It has more than one Smash Mouth song in it, one of which is within the first 5 minutes

They mention it in Boys and Girls and She's All That as the clearly superior alternative for those types of movies and I think I agree with them. It's full of dumb stuff but it seems to have a modicum of self-awareness and doesn't try to make all the teenage drama stuff too super deep or brooding, it's got a much better sense of humor.

I honestly haven't seen any of those films in over a decade though, I'm pretty sure Not Another Teen Movie overwrote most of the scenes in my head.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Can't Hardly Wait is quite good.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Yeah, Can't Hardly Wait is actually a pretty good movie. It's fun spotting all the early roles for some actors and I like Seth Green's character at the end.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah CAN"T HARDLY WAIT is 90s as hell, but it still works despite it. And it's a drat sight better than SHE'S ALL THAT.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, now I'm really tempted to call in Wolf Cop next listener request time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Can't Hardly Wait is quite good.

So is Face/Off but it resulted in one of their best episodes. :colbert:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

So is Face/Off but it resulted in one of their best episodes. :colbert:

Face/Off is kind of a good movie but would make a good episode anyway cause it's so ridiculous. The only thing really wrong with Can't Hardly Wait is that it's a little too long. Great use of Jenna Elfman and Jerry McConnell.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, Face/Off is good but it's also bugfuck insane and way too long. It's the definition of a good movie that's still really easy to make fun of.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
IS THIS A DICK OFF?!

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I was listening to the Nightmare Beach ep and the Lone Wolf motorcycle story was drowned out by the sound of a motorcycle in real life.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Gyges posted:

So, now I'm really tempted to call in Wolf Cop next listener request time.

They've talked before about their hatred of the Troma-style of intentionally bad and cheesy movies. I wonder if they'd be up to doing an episode of Wolf Cop or something along those lines so they could get that particular monkey off their chests.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 30, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I actually liked Wolfcop. I'm kind of saddened that everyone's making GBS threads on it all of a sudden. :smith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
As usual the new episode is on their Episodes page early.

It's a doozy.

MOM, GET IN HERE!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

precision posted:

As usual the new episode is on their Episodes page early.

It's a doozy.

MOM, GET IN HERE!

They mentioned it at the end of last weeks episode, so how is it a spoiler?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I actually liked Wolfcop. I'm kind of saddened that everyone's making GBS threads on it all of a sudden. :smith:

I agree that it was entertaining. Though giving up 15 minutes in might have been before it really got going. You've got to be down for cheesy rear end movies to be up for it though.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bobkatt013 posted:

They mentioned it at the end of last weeks episode, so how is it a spoiler?

They didn't mention the return of that joke. :colbert:

Gyges posted:

I agree that it was entertaining. Though giving up 15 minutes in might have been before it really got going. You've got to be down for cheesy rear end movies to be up for it though.

Yeah, Wolfcop is definitely more on the "sincere bad movie" end, which really kind of saved it for me.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
#RATNERISEBAUM

I loving love when noted Not-A-Comic-Book-Reader Steve cracks everyone up with random dumb X-Men character backstories.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Illinois Smith posted:

#RATNERISEBAUM

I loving love when noted Not-A-Comic-Book-Reader Steve cracks everyone up with random dumb X-Men character backstories.

Yeah, I especially loved when they were talking about Beast not being in the first 2 movies, and someone said something like, "You didn't see his name on a computer screen..." and I said to myself, "Actually..." right before Steve said, "Actually..." It was great.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I never saw and knew nothing about this movie so I was surprised that major characters were getting blown away left and right. :rip:

The untimely death of Xavier meant a real shortage of Patrick Stewart impressions. :v:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think I like Last Stand better than at least 2 other X-Men movies, including APOCALYPSE. Lord knows its filled with dumb poo poo, but at least its not boring.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Did Singer actually publically call out Halle Berry?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This is probably on my top 30 podcast episodes of all time.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Looking forward to the new Marvel alternate universe where Wolverine's power is reconnaissance nipples.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Didn't Multiple Man do that whole banging the mob boss's wife in his Madrox 2004 mini? It's been so long since I read it, but that tangent seemed familiar.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Did Singer actually publically call out Halle Berry?

Not quite. There was the "Kiss my black rear end" line that's attributed to Singer, but he claims what she actually said was "You can watch my black rear end walk out of here", which is the better line. He blames himself though because he was delaying a miserable production. It's blown up into 'SINGER HATED BERRY' stories, but it doesn't sound like that was the case.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 31, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Juggy!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah, Wolfcop is definitely more on the "sincere bad movie" end, which really kind of saved it for me.

I didn't dislike Wolfcop, but it definitely is the type of purposefully "bad" movie where the filmmakers place all their chips on the idea of a werewolf sex scene seemingly unaware that "Howling II" beat them to the punch 30 years ago. Like "Kung Fury," it's an homage to Internet summaries of b-movies rather than b-movies themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah, Face/Off is good but it's also bugfuck insane and way too long. It's the definition of a good movie that's still really easy to make fun of.

It's weird how a movie can be so cool when it comes out and years later look like a parody.

EDIT: Also, on the intentionally-bad movie tip, Kung Fury is sort of garbage and I can't fathom why so many people find it great.

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 31, 2016