Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

Looks like it will mimic Prospector sales.

No way. The Prospector had appeal as a single person miner, this crap will compete with a load of smallish fighters. I'll be very surprised if it brings in more than half of what the Prospector did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i cant wait for the follow up hour where it drops back down to $4000 or so.

You called it you glorious bugger :dance:

It's like it's happened before :D

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lime Tonics posted:

Patch L has hit the servers,

Come on patch Z.

1) Game is a clusterfuck. Check.
2) Boating around Italy while Rome burns. Check.
3) Bandwidth costs for releasing all these patches...Check please.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No way. The Prospector had appeal as a single person miner, this crap will compete with a load of smallish fighters. I'll be very surprised if it brings in more than half of what the Prospector did

First hour shows it fairly close.

It's like horse racing, fun to bet on it.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

And I like this one because of...

...this guy, blissfully fondling his rifle in the corner. Note the copy-pasted magazine for an entirely different weapon that didn't even get a paint-over to make it fit the rest of the image.

I'm no artist, but I can't shake the vibe that everybody is just mailing it in at this point.

Lmao, why, just why is he kneeling on a table?

I don't know why, but I find it incredibly funny, almost abstract. :cawg:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Sabreseven posted:

Lmao, why, just why is he kneeling on a table?

I don't know why, but I find it incredibly funny, almost abstract. :cawg:

He's not just kneeling on any table, he's kneeling on the ~magic~ table. The one that makes everything on it 5x the size of what it would be in the surrounding environment.

That or he's got a 1/5th scale Buccaneer on his garage floor...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wrecked Angle posted:

Lol, they don't think it's mocking Star Citizen? There are boxes of loving DONUTS in the room you first spawn in! In a space/goat game... How loving dense can they be?

Man, each time I think of those guys on /r/ds, my brain Blue Screens. Seriously.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:eyepop:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

He's not just kneeling on any table, he's kneeling on the ~magic~ table. The one that makes everything on it 5x the size of what it would be in the surrounding environment.

It's really not often I'm moved to tears by art, but this one had me crying...

Only with laughter though, it's one of those things that once seen cannot be unseen and it draws my eye straight to it. :)

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

No the table looks like its on some raised platform.

Maybe the pirate religious ritual is to kneel on your gun cleaning table/station, facing the direction of the first space pirate burial location, and chant "this is my rifle, this is my gun" 10 times.

Common, this is over 900 years in the future here, anything weird is possible.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

This concept art is so half-assed even my low standards of money grabbing are appalled.

Love the skull decals along with having Andre the Giant on some table that defies perspective with a craptastic rifle.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
I was under the impression that people in concept art were for scale, not for set dressing.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

The most ethical group on the planet.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
How does he sit in that tiny ship? The guy is huge.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

Things like this are difficult.

I don't believe that they would be stupid enough to do all of this with a company card. They're probably paying it for it themselves. That is fine, people go on holiday. Going on holiday with your wife is perfectly normal.

It is where the salary comes from that winds me up. They're both rumored to be on high three figure thousand dollar salaries.

Chris is being paid an astronomical sum to just gently caress about and block the game ever being finished. The man is the biggest obstacle to the Star Citizen project. Why is he worth this much money? It's just extracting cash from the pot without putting any meaningful work in.

Sandi is totally unqualified and is being paid because she is married to Chris. That is it.

While it isn't technically "Star Citizen backers pay for trip to Monaco GP!" it may as well be.

Actually, it is. Since their salaries are paid by backers.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Patch L screws up the buttons again.

Persistence!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

buy or pledge?

which one is it?

paarp

Suggested? Does that mean you can change the value?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Suggested? Does that mean you can change the value?

I'm sure they will let you increase it if you ask nicely.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: /\/\/\/\/\ best AV/post combo

Wise Learned Man posted:

Is it just me, or is even CIG's concept art getting shittier and shittier as the project wears on? Granted, I haven't paid any attention to their concept art since like 2013. But since it's the lifeblood of the entire project as it drives ship sales (along with all the ludicrous promises slooowly dripped out in a thousand videos over months), you'd think it'd have a little more verve.

This one just looks super lame, with all the copy-pasting and dull composition.

Something odd going on with the blurring filter on the missiles. Looks crap.

Apparently that Sandi mock-up is an official piece of concept art they're trying to use to sell the ship jpeg.

And I like this one because of...

...this guy, blissfully fondling his rifle in the corner. Note the copy-pasted magazine for an entirely different weapon that didn't even get a paint-over to make it fit the rest of the image.

I'm no artist, but I can't shake the vibe that everybody is just mailing it in at this point.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 27, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

4 inch rifle stock

but its basically a doodle. I'm still laughing at the fact that he's just chilling on a table like that.

He's communing with Allah, you clearly don't understand Bushido.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MarcusSA posted:

Why is he kneeling on the table?

The floor is made of lava.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He's turning his back on a life of crime after getting a pamphlet about NRA Jesus.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

I was one of those kids who was too smart to pay attention in school, though of course that may mean that I am not as smart as I think I am. I am opinionated but try hard to do my homework as I do not like to be wrong. I know a lot more than most university graduates (see previous reference to 'opinionated') but because I didn't pay attention in school, have no papers to prove it. I am lazy but work smart so I have lots of free time. I can write fairly well but have yet to learn to pull my punches. I tend to be in a constant brainstorm state which impresses the bejeezus out of people I communicate with until the inevitable brain fart comes out, such being the problem with brainstorming. People like me a lot, except for those who don't.

I was raised by depression era parents who lived through world war two in German occupied territory, with Jewish last names (Cohen). Needless to say, my childhood was much influenced by their experience and some of that rubbed off on me. I have never been a survivalist per say, but I am vastly better equipped than most to survive much of what the world can throw at me.

I once lost everything but the clothes on my back, no insurance. My reaction was to laugh and chalk it up to a learning experience in the ephemerality of material things. Mental preparedness should not be underestimated.

My survival preparations have only ever really been tested once, and only for a week. I lived through the Montreal ice storm in the cold and dark for a week. It was hardly an inconvenience, catching up on reading. Meanwhile others went hungry and many died. Other than that, I once had to coordinate the partial evacuation of a hospital that had caught fire (I was responsible for ambulance dispatch). I was educated and worked for a time as a paramedic, so have some extra utility in that regard.

I can survive quite nicely for two months without ever leaving the house, even with all utilities cut off. I have gold and silver coin sufficient to effectively join a barter economy and pay a few bribes if need be.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

precious metals will of course be in high demand in a post-apocalyptic barter economy

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

It's funny to me that actually answering a question about a $10 reward likely cost CIG more than $10.

:raise:

Ooh, sorry, you've purchased a more expensive version of that ship, and instead of being a valued customer we'd like to placate, we take that as a sign that you've got enough spare cash that we need to milk you further.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
of course Chris is on a boat, how else do you visit whales?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

redwalrus posted:

of course Chris is on a boat, how else do you visit whales?

In a few months I think they will be beaching themselves. No boat required.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

XK posted:

Pics?

A bit late but here it is!

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Why is he kneeling on the table?

Facing east and praying to space mecca

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ash1138 posted:

precious metals will of course be in high demand in a post-apocalyptic barter economy

You don't know, we could be fighting off Cybermen or werewolves.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
Goat Simulator's Waste of Space is pure brilliant.
This is so loving on the nose.

There's an on rails tour of the carrier.
And I derailed the carriage.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Chin posted:

Clicked to a random point.

Top Hats and Champagne: "Derek Smart's claims -- his recent claims that CIG is nowhere near being able to patch in universal persistency -- heh! -- proven wrong by the latest patch!"

Dude's wasting a lot of oxygen.

I scrubbed and he was saying something along the lines of "remember the article published by the escapist?" in exactly the tone you are thinking of. A stronger man could probably have stuck to the video just to hear his mental gymnastics, but not me.

Also, it pisses me the gently caress off that the channel name has not only "top hats", but also "champagne" and then the intro sounds like a drink being poured on icecubes. Like, are you loving kidding me here?

edit: and it didn't even sound like tonic being poured in a tall gin and tonic glass, that sounded like a wide rear end glass used for loving soda of all things. Goddamn

Furia fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 28, 2016

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

I feel like the photoshop effort is severely lacking to be uploading images this large. I made some notes on this one, for example:

edit: and this one lol

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 28, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

quote:

"If the Carrack sends its Pisces through a wormhole into a previously unexplored system, does the Captain of the Carrack get the naming rights or the pilot of the Pisces, assuming that it's not the same person...."

What the gently caress is this question even. They've made it clear that there's only going to be on the order of 100 star systems in the game. Where are these unexplored systems. Where is anything that indicates that this is a situation that could possibly take place.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BattleMaster posted:

What the gently caress is this question even. They've made it clear that there's only going to be on the order of 100 star systems in the game. Where are these unexplored systems. Where is anything that indicates that this is a situation that could possibly take place.

I'll buy you a Hairy Roberts and we can talk about this.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
We need more space goat pics

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Colostomy Bag posted:

This concept art is so half-assed even my low standards of money grabbing are appalled.

Love the skull decals along with having Andre the Giant on some table that defies perspective with a craptastic rifle.

Why is there dismantled clutch on the floor? Pffff single disk.. buc is for poors.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

happyhippy posted:

At this moment the artists/modellers are dreading the boat shaped changes he will make to the last 6 months of work.

If they could capture the inherent goofiness of Spelljammer, it would be an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

RattiRatto posted:

We need more space goat pics

• Locked thread