Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Is Bender coming over right away??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ty1990 posted:

Is Bender coming over right away??

Yes, if he wants to. He has a buyout on his euro contract for 1.3 million, but the drafting team can cover half of that (Max allowed by NBA is 650k) and he doesn't have to pay the other half up front.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is everyone sure Dragan Bender is real?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Is everyone sure Dragan Bender is real?

I mean it's always possible he is some kind of fictional being. Or a horse in a man-suit.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
The many caves of Croatia are littered with folded wyvern skeletons and you ask if he's real sheesh

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

You only have to match if the deal leaves you over the cap AND you take more money than you sent. A whole bunch of teams will be under with the cap going up so lots of trade scenarios in play.

Durant sign-and-trade for Okafor will work fine, if that's what your asking.

Nothing quite that ambitious, more of a thing where I realize that many useful players are making between 10-27 million while Okafor only makes like, 4 million

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

But seriously, there is no way BeeJay Anya is a real person's name.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

EvanTH posted:

The many caves of Croatia are littered with folded wyvern skeletons and you ask if he's real sheesh

Lmao.

I'm hoping Bender shows up to mini combines because I want to see what he looks like near other rookies.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Consist posted:

He is and IIRC he's the kid with a ridiculous wingspan.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
What's Denver going to do? They still have a ton of guys under contract for next year and three first-rounders.

I'd love it if Charlotte could trade up to 15 and take Baldwin but that'd be a hard deal to puzzle out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Extort the Nets.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Consist posted:

Second best player for the Wolfpack, in fact, behind Cat Barber.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Second best player for the Wolfpack, in fact, behind Cat Barber.
If he was adopted by the parents of a recent entry into the draft be could be BeeJay Maker.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Crazy Ted posted:

If he was adopted by the parents of a recent entry into the draft be could be BeeJay Maker.

Cat Anya is adorable.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/736350155876638721

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

What's Denver going to do? They still have a ton of guys under contract for next year and three first-rounders.

I'd love it if Charlotte could trade up to 15 and take Baldwin but that'd be a hard deal to puzzle out

He might be there for them. The more I watch of him the less I think. He'd have to be an incredible three point shooter to be a starter. His ceiling is probably backup pg who plays good defense, but he's never played good defense, he just has the body. Having those arms and not being able to make layups makes me think he's flawed as a person, maybe venal, or craven.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Drilling NBA range threes shirtless and in pink shoes while listening to reggaeton has me even higher on buddy hield

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Drilling NBA range threes shirtless and in pink shoes while listening to reggaeton has me even higher on buddy hield

Same

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

He might be there for them. The more I watch of him the less I think. He'd have to be an incredible three point shooter to be a starter. His ceiling is probably backup pg who plays good defense, but he's never played good defense, he just has the body. Having those arms and not being able to make layups makes me think he's flawed as a person, maybe venal, or craven.

As long as he's a pretty good shooter and an average defender, he'd be what Charlotte wants. With Lin probably gone, they need a backup point that can play next to Kemba defensively, and the market is pretty bare on those.

Plus Charlotte hasn't had a pure craven player since Byron Mullens left

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's true homerism, but I think that Kay Felder has just as good a shot at being an NBA player as Tyler Ulis.

quote:

Felder was measured as the shortest player that participated in the draft combine at 5-foot-8. However, Felder achieved a 44-inch vertical jump, which tied for the second highest jump in combine history.

He can score against a defense that's entirely focused on stopping him, he has floaters to get over 2 defenders in the paint. The question is, is the pop-a-matic trouble bounce he uses to get space for jumpers and to finish going to be enough to keep him away from defenders with NBA length/agility. That's the contrast between the two, Ulis gets space by using little man craftiness. Obviously Ulis is a true pg and a great passer, Felder is a scoring guard.

Felder should be awesome in summer league, either way.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Ulis is a terrible prospect and I agree. Almost anyone would be better. I like Cat Barber and Felder much more. It's like Tyler Ennis being a lottery pick.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The shoes are worth 2nd Team All-NBA right away, no questions asked.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Am I wrong to be really down on Kris Dunn and think it's possible that he'd be like the 4th PG picked in next year's draft?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

Am I wrong to be really down on Kris Dunn and think it's possible that he'd be like the 4th PG picked in next year's draft?

The most damning strike against Dunn is that the Bulls' FO really likes him.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Ty1990 posted:

Yes and yes.

Being the 4th PG picked in a draft that's historically loaded with PGs isn't a bad thing.

I still think Okafor+24+26 for 3+16+23+31 is the way to go for both teams.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's true homerism, but I think that Kay Felder has just as good a shot at being an NBA player as Tyler Ulis.

He can score against a defense that's entirely focused on stopping him, he has floaters to get over 2 defenders in the paint. The question is, is the pop-a-matic trouble bounce he uses to get space for jumpers and to finish going to be enough to keep him away from defenders with NBA length/agility. That's the contrast between the two, Ulis gets space by using little man craftiness. Obviously Ulis is a true pg and a great passer, Felder is a scoring guard.

Felder should be awesome in summer league, either way.

That's almost exactly Shane Larkin tho. I think at this point I don't believe men who do not have magick-corrupted spider arms have a future in the NBA. It doesn't matter how high you can jump you need to play defense on the ground.

WHAT AM I DOING READING THIS THREAD NEW YORK A CITY WITH TWO BASKETBALL TEAMS HAS NO PICKS AHhhhhh gently caress you james dolan

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A 5'9" guy was an All-Star this year and he doesn't have the athletic gifts of a Felder or NateRob.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

A 5'9" guy was an All-Star this year and he doesn't have the athletic gifts of a Felder or NateRob.

Pizza Guy is like a mini kemba athletically

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm just gonna go ahead and guarantee that none of those dudes are half as good as Isaiah Thomas, who himself is only a little more than half as good as Isaiah Thomas appears because he's a huge defensive liability.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

Kriss Dunn is easily the best I've seen this year. I don't think that means he'll be the best at the end of next season, though . . .

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

The most damning strike against Dunn is that the Bulls' FO really likes him.

Gay + Dunn @8 for Butler get it done Vlade

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Hey Rick, Glum, Lakers fans in general.

https://twitter.com/Ososwaggyy/status/736654531824656389?s=09

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah ok you know what? Agreed

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Kriss Dunn is easily the best I've seen this year. I don't think that means he'll be the best at the end of next season, though . . .

Next year, the French son of the legendary early 2000s rapper, Andre Nickatina, Frank Ntilikina will be in the draft. And there are some other guys I don't know about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Bl4v_JVTM

But Kris Dunn isn't a bad prospect. He was only in college for three years, because of a 2 year shoulder problem. He's got the body, the stats, the specs, he should be a starting pg.

He has some obvious downsides, he's more of a combo guard than a pure pg, but I don't think that really matters anymore.

The other good name tool in 2017's draft is mainly for fans of Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, Rodions Kurucs, a 6'8 sf from Latvia.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 29, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Damnnnn. Look how high his arm is.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Next year, the French son of the legendary early 2000s rapper, Andre Nickatina, Frank Ntilikina will be in the draft. And there are some other guys I don't know about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Bl4v_JVTM

But Kris Dunn isn't a bad prospect. He was only in college for three years, because of a 2 year shoulder problem. He's got the body, the stats, the specs, he should be a starting pg.

He has some obvious downsides, he's more of a combo guard than a pure pg, but I don't think that really matters anymore.

The other good name tool in 2017's draft is mainly for fans of Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, Rodions Kurucs, a 6'8 sf from Latvia.

I think Dunn is great. I just was (poorly) trying to say that Ingram and Simmons have more upside.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's a perspective shot. Hes actually under the basket.

Also recent combos of leaks + official statements indicate sixers are 99.9999% taking Simmons. Which we already knew.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

It's a perspective shot. Hes actually under the basket.

Also recent combos of leaks + official statements indicate sixers are 99.9999% taking Simmons. Which we already knew.

Seems that way. I think the interview I read from Colangelo was that he was still open to changing his mind, and they have a lot of workouts planned, but that "he knows who his choice is today" which is basically Simmons. I'm not sure it's 99.999999% though, probably more like 80%.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/737855197872050177

Lol his agent has since probably yelled at him and he changed the caption to "loving the process".

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Our only PG under contract just got arrested for domestic violence. Odds on Minny and NO both passing on Dunn??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Our only PG under contract just got arrested for domestic violence. Odds on Minny and NO both passing on Dunn??

I'd say pretty goddamn low. I'd say it's more likely that Bender falls to than Dunn. Murray will probably be off the board as well.

• Locked thread