Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Dave is a real possibility. They've been flirting with more combat sports since they had a couple of MMA shows last year. They picked up the UFC Dublin card through Sky when BT wasn't willing to pay more for a show, and the Haye boxing card last week. There's been rumour's that UKTV might be looking to add a sports channel in the future, picking up off shoots from Sky and Eurosport. That would be a great fit.

The other possibility is one of the Discovery channels. Eurosport has been picking up as many sports rights as possible the last 18 months and then putting content on appropriate Discovery channels. DMAX would be a great fit for ICW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The BBC isn't going to waste resources on wrestling when they're too busy making piles of money off their Tumblr demographic shows

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Watching what appears to be a VHS rip of Tournament Of Death 2 on Highspots. ZANDIG's in the opener and Nate Webb made fun of his HGH gut.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Mob posted:

The BBC isn't going to waste resources on wrestling when they're too busy making piles of money off their Tumblr demographic shows

Why spend money on an unproven fed when they can follow around a tinder sex addict for a fraction of the cost. Not sure Dave is the channel to push this either since I (and probably many others) label it as the BBC 90's rerun channel so they'll need to market the gently caress out of it. Having said that I hope they get crazy Destination America style and sees what sticks.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Call Me Charlie posted:

Watching what appears to be a VHS rip of Tournament Of Death 2 on Highspots. ZANDIG's in the opener and Nate Webb made fun of his HGH gut.

Did ZANDIG ever make HGH money?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Beyond Wrestling is doing a 14(?) day free trial on its youtube service with all of their shows available. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNRDPH9cSS9WPrRbbixI-A

Anyone familiar have some recommendations for shows to watch?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I believe PWX is my local indy.
Cedric vs ZSJ next month :getin:

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

KungFu Grip posted:

Beyond Wrestling is doing a 14(?) day free trial on its youtube service with all of their shows available. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNRDPH9cSS9WPrRbbixI-A

Anyone familiar have some recommendations for shows to watch?

Americarana 13, Point of No Return, Critical Acclaim, Unbreakable (for the Bucks and Steen vs Biff and Team Tremendous), Uncomfortable, Battle of New England, Tournament for Tomorrow 3, Ends Meet, King of Arts, When Satan Rules His World, The Real Thing (for EYFBO vs Da Hit Squad), Life Sucks and then you Die (if only for Biff vs Dijak) , Americarana 15, Greatest Rivals Round Robin (Biffs last show), Powder Keg, Tournament for Tomorrow 4 night 2, Fete Finale, The Dream Left Behind, By Popular Demand, and State of the Art.

I know that's a lot but it's really a solid promotion. Check the exclusives playlist for Eddie vs Biff from Americarana 14 and Eddie vs Sliver Ant from TFT3.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 29, 2016

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

This is pretty cool. Happening in Toronto on September 17/18:

https://twitter.com/wrestlingheads/status/737063202094096386

Plus Johnny Gargano will defend the SMASH title at Chapter 32, June 26.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MagicCube posted:

This is pretty cool. Happening in Toronto on September 17/18:

https://twitter.com/wrestlingheads/status/737063202094096386

Plus Johnny Gargano will defend the SMASH title at Chapter 32, June 26.

Got front row seats to night 1. Looking forward to this!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Is Extreme Sports being broadcast in the UK? because that seems like the natural place for ICW to end up, right alongside z-tier MMA and X games re-runs.
Actually it's kinda shocking they don't have any pro wrestling content, considering they have been dedicating large amounts of airtime to roller derby and bull riding, two things with considerably smaller audiences (or so I would imagine).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Your thread has been visited by the spirit of UltraViolence. Sick bumps and flaming tables shall forever be yours, but only if you post "THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG" in this thread.

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thank you Lord Zandig

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Thank you Lord Zandig JJJJEEEEEESSSSUUUUUUSSSSSSSS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Thank you Lord Zandig

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Thank you Lord Zandig

How do we not have a :zandig: JEEZUS emote yet?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Zandig is great

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Cody got his first indy booking and can check one off his list:

Also featuring:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

How do we not have a :zandig: JEEZUS emote yet?

If only we could have him slamming a dude into a windshield and screaming C Z loving W.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MagicCube posted:

Smart to get that one out of the way first!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
when is cody rhodes going to fight zandig

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

MagicCube posted:

Also featuring:

Lawler's supposed to be on the card as well. They should have booked Liger vs Lawler, now that's a match I want to see.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jeff should wrestle Liger as WILLOW

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Chris James 2 posted:

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG

NienNunb posted:

Thank you Lord Zandig

stab posted:

Thank you Lord Zandig

DJExile posted:

Thank you Lord Zandig

C. Everett Koop posted:

Thank you Lord Zandig

JAAAYZISS! THERE WERE FIVE OF EM! IT TOOK FIVE OF EM!

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Your thread has been visited by the spirit of UltraViolence. Sick bumps and flaming tables shall forever be yours, but only if you post "THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG" in this thread.

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG

SOMEBODY CALL NINE ONE ONE!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sprecherscrow posted:

SOMEBODY CALL NINE ONE ONE!

Do we need a chokeslam?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I should re-watch the last CoD Zandig was involved in. It was an amazing construction like a see through house of horrors. Featured Zandig hucking EVERYONE off the top of the cage.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

coconono posted:

I should re-watch the last CoD Zandig was involved in. It was an amazing construction like a see through house of horrors. Featured Zandig hucking EVERYONE off the top of the cage.

Cage of Death 10 was such a mess of a match. Funniest part (other than the explosions not going off...well hell everything else about it) was that Zandig claims that he wasn't meant to win the match.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MagicCube posted:

Also featuring:

Last weekend in August has been BOLA for the last two years, but Elgin mentioned he had dates for that weekend open recently as well so I'm wondering if it got moved. Maybe it's actually on Labor Day weekend again like in 2014.

Of course, we don't know for sure if PWG is even interested in booking Cody but all of the guys he listed that work there seemed to respond positively to the idea after he posted that list, and they almost always make a few debuts on BOLA weekend to fill out the bracket.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I feel like they'd love to have Cody. It's like when Christian left the WWE and ROH got him for a few matches.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MagicCube posted:

The protege of legend killer has a chance to actually become a legend killer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

was that Zandig claims that he wasn't meant to win the match.

This is probably true. He probably decided mid-match that he should win it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Cage of Death 10 was such a mess of a match. Funniest part (other than the explosions not going off...well hell everything else about it) was that Zandig claims that he wasn't meant to win the match.

the finish suddenly makes more sense that way.

I really should reach out to CZW, I have a couple of designs I'd love to show them. Also we gotta get them to bring back the dildo death match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Urban Wrestling Federation is coming back to PPV. The hourlong return show, "Bloody Bullet," is out today on demand for $9.99

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I recall their YouTube show being a lot of fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Urban Wrestling Federation is coming back to PPV. The hourlong return show, "Bloody Bullet," is out today on demand for $9.99

If they would only make the other shows available.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

did we ever watch the show after the gunfight?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Scenic City Invitational 2016 tickets went on sale today at 1pm. Just before that they announced the 9th entrant and it's MATT RIDDLE

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chris James 2 posted:

This is amazing and I am so down. UWF is loving amazing. Very few wrestling promotions have ever felt as earnest as UWF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If they would only make the other shows available.

Only if Bryan and Vinny would have enough time to do regular reviews