Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

DarklyDreaming posted:

It is apparently this lizard's birthday:

But Jim Morrison's birthday isn't for another month :confuoot:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
No picture, cos I'm on the road, but Mr Boods tells me that, as usual, his ancient cat is sulking because I'm not home. I swear this cat knows what the suitcase means when I get it out. He gets really clingy as well.

Then once I'm gone, he mopes, won't eat, won't take his meds. Cries while he wanders around the house looking for me. Totally ignores Mr Boods. Refuses to go outside. Last time I was gone was for three days, nearly starved himself. I walk in the door, and he chows down, takes his pills, has a little walk in the garden, catches up with Casualty with me on iPlayer, business as usual, &c.

Anyway, packed up a few days ago to come up to Yorkshire, and got a text the first night: 'Cat has started a cargo cult.'

Inquiries on my part reveal that once the cat realised I'd hosed off again, he put one of my socks and a tissue he dragged from the bin into his cat basket. He's eating ok, and even had a little turn around in the garden (apparently to eat grass that he immediately threw up into Mr Boods' shoe), but then gets back into his basket with this sock and increasingly shredded tissue.

Weirdo. I've bought him these cat treats that are cat's milk in tablet form.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ms Boods posted:

No picture, cos I'm on the road, but Mr Boods tells me that, as usual, his ancient cat is sulking because I'm not home. I swear this cat knows what the suitcase means when I get it out. He gets really clingy as well.

Then once I'm gone, he mopes, won't eat, won't take his meds. Cries while he wanders around the house looking for me. Totally ignores Mr Boods. Refuses to go outside. Last time I was gone was for three days, nearly starved himself. I walk in the door, and he chows down, takes his pills, has a little walk in the garden, catches up with Casualty with me on iPlayer, business as usual, &c.

Anyway, packed up a few days ago to come up to Yorkshire, and got a text the first night: 'Cat has started a cargo cult.'

Inquiries on my part reveal that once the cat realised I'd hosed off again, he put one of my socks and a tissue he dragged from the bin into his cat basket. He's eating ok, and even had a little turn around in the garden (apparently to eat grass that he immediately threw up into Mr Boods' shoe), but then gets back into his basket with this sock and increasingly shredded tissue.

Weirdo. I've bought him these cat treats that are cat's milk in tablet form.

Cats are big into familiar smells. Have your guy put more of your clothes from the hamper into the cat's basket.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jack Gladney posted:

Cats are big into familiar smells. Have your guy put more of your clothes from the hamper into the cat's basket.

This works with dogs too. When I was a kid and we got a lab puppy, my mom bought a little stuffed alligator and I rubbed it all over me after not bathing for a few days (lol, youth). That was the only stuffie type toy Gus didn't destroy. He carried it around like a teddy bear. Wish I had pictures.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CuteEmergency/status/737047165265162241

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Those noises oh my god. :3:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
My in-laws adopted a 3 month old Lab-Newfie mix and named him Chuck. Tomorrow we are going to meet Chuck. I'm so excited.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I know in an adult dog those noises would be loud and obnoxious but OH MY GOD FUSSY WRINKLEBABY. :kimchi:

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

My parents have a lab/newfie mix. She has the most incredible mane. Like their entire pack of (spoiled-half-to-death) dogges, she was adopted from the rescue my sister works at.

The picture is her with their Great Pyrenees. They are basically the two dumbest, but sweetest, dogs I've ever met. They also both love water like crazy, the Pyr will sit next to the pool with his paws dangling in real casual-like :3:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/tsRPQyv.gifv

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

God Over Djinn posted:

My parents have a lab/newfie mix. She has the most incredible mane. Like their entire pack of (spoiled-half-to-death) dogges, she was adopted from the rescue my sister works at.

The picture is her with their Great Pyrenees. They are basically the two dumbest, but sweetest, dogs I've ever met. They also both love water like crazy, the Pyr will sit next to the pool with his paws dangling in real casual-like :3:

My neighbor growing up had a Lab/Newfie named Kaija. Her daughter flew her down from Alaska and they had to put her under for the flight. She was 120 lbs and the airline was (probably reasonably, since it was Alaska) concerned that she was actually an adolescent bear.

Kaija would let us paint her nails and lead her around like she was a horse. You could just fall asleep on her and she was cool with it. Also she only had about one or two loud barks in her at a time. She was a Very Good Dog.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This doesn't look safe at all.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

http://i.imgur.com/9izWHLQ.gifv

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

muscles like this? posted:

:colbert: Good thing this isn't the Road Safety thread

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

It really isn't. Please keep hands scritching the pupper at all times.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

OH MY GOD FUSSY WRINKLEBABY. :kimchi:
sup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCo5w6qukJY

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Hello all,

The GF and I lost our kitteh of 18 1/2 years today. She had gone from 6 1/2 lbs to about 4 in the period of two months and wasn't eating any more. BUT. We were able to give her a great last few days of lap time and tuna juice before she left our company. I knew her for 8 1/2 of those years, and I'm glad to have gotten to know her (...and be accepted as part of her waitstaff).

I'll have (suuuper floofy) catte pics to share with you all in a few days once I get my phone to cooperate in getting them on my computer, but for now could I request floofy cattes of any kind? Here's some ermines in trade:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Sorry to hear about your catte. That's a good, long time to have together.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/yNzQrWD.webm

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Super old cats are the best, they give no fucks :unsmith: My first childhood cat, Stormy, has spoiled me for them. He saw me all the way through my schooling, only popped his clogs after 21 years. Now I expect all of them to live that long even though I know better.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"I need help getting out of this predicament, but I'm not going to sully my pride by asking for it."

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Behold, the otter and the platypus!!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I dunno what the heck these things are though!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Behold... the platypus!!

That's clearly a catypus :colbert:.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

African savanna ferrets.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

African savannah ferrets.

Sand weasels?!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

God Over Djinn posted:

Those dogges are so pretty. :kimchi:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

HPLovecraft
Sep 6, 2011
One of the dogs at the shelter just had puppies!

Her name is Penelope and she's about a year old Pitbull. When she came in she was very very pregnant. We thought she was due any minute but she just got bigger and bigger.

This is her a week ago:

And this is her a couple days after giving birth. She's so exhausted she's falling asleep while her head is up. She's a good momma.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

HPLovecraft posted:

Her name is Penelope and she's about a year old Pitbull. When she came in she was very very pregnant. We thought she was due any minute but she just got bigger and bigger.

This is her a week ago:

And this is her a couple days after giving birth. She's so exhausted she's falling asleep while her head is up. She's a good momma.

excuse me but your dog gave birth to cows :3:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Sandy boys

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

cash crab posted:

Sandy boys

The sandy boys are the most rough and tumble gang you ever saw!!

They're a buncha low-down good-for-nothin's!!!

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

HPLovecraft posted:

This is her a week ago:

Those speckly eaaaarrrss :3:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

All dogges are goode dogges, but that one is exceptionally goode.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

God Over Djinn posted:

My parents just moved down to Texas with their Great Pyrenees mix, and I miss that huge dumb fluffy lump a ton. Fortunately, I will keep finding her fur on my clothes forever, because that poo poo works its way into everything.

More Pyr/Newf/other massive fluffy beasts photos? Any of these two playing together?

Here is said Pyr with my dumb cat.

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

Stroop There It Is posted:

More Pyr/Newf/other massive fluffy beasts photos? Any of these two playing together?

fluff

fluff

small fluff

halloween fluff

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

e: hey wait, i got that from this very thread. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003