Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Quote is not edit page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Spend it on Star Trek Timelines instead.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Please do not tempt me to play STTL again.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Maybe I'll buy $600 worth of Star Wars action figures and recreate the game with stop motion photography. Or maybe I'll take a vacation.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah my number is lower then that but I still don't feel great about it ( I figure its in the 250 range).

How did you end up getting apple to refund you? I had no idea that was even possible.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah my number is lower then that but I still don't feel great about it ( I figure its in the 250 range).

How did you end up getting apple to refund you? I had no idea that was even possible.

I've seen people have success with Apple in the past. The guy was super friendly and had some understanding of how being locked out of your account in a game like this isn't quite the same as say losing your Angry Birds advancement. They stated it was a one time thing they were doing for me, and I believe the key was my statement that if the game relies completely on Game Center to preserve your account, it needs to be extremely apparent the second you start the game. He seemed actually quite surprised they were unable to recover it for me, especially since I was regularly spending $$ on it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twigand Berries posted:

I've seen people have success with Apple in the past. The guy was super friendly and had some understanding of how being locked out of your account in a game like this isn't quite the same as say losing your Angry Birds advancement. They stated it was a one time thing they were doing for me, and I believe the key was my statement that if the game relies completely on Game Center to preserve your account, it needs to be extremely apparent the second you start the game. He seemed actually quite surprised they were unable to recover it for me, especially since I was regularly spending $$ on it.

That is actually pretty awesome of them. I honestly figured they would have told you to go pound sand then again Apple does have pretty awesome CS.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Working on Greedo in Arena at the moment - wondering if it'd be better to work on Ackbar? Almost got Teebo to 6*, too. All this grindin' coming together.

Still unable to do reasonable damage on Rancor and have yet to get anybody to Gear 10. Geno Buddy is at Gear 9, though. I hear going to 10 with him breaks his damage - can anybody confirm it?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43301/community-update-5-27-2016

New event starting soon. Going to be very difficult, 6-7*, level 80, G9+. Can only use clones and Rebels.

EA_Jesse posted:

Battle 8 waves of Empire forces.
3 waves, then a sub-boss: Darth Vader
3 more waves then a boss fight: Emperor Palpatine & Royal Guards

Not a lot of F2P options, thinking Ackbar (L), Fives, ST Han, HR Scout, Luke?

Other F2P options include HR Soldier, Biggs, and Lobot. I wonder if they make Leia F2P for this event?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
If anyone in the QGJ guild was sitting out of raiding because T6 is such bullshit, good news! We've beaten it and are going to marathon a bunch of T5s starting in 15 minutes. Be there, or be square!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jenny Angel posted:

If anyone in the QGJ guild was sitting out of raiding because T6 is such bullshit, good news! We've beaten it and are going to marathon a bunch of T5s starting in 15 minutes. Be there, or be square!

I was so close to having the killing blow.

Like I said the first part of the raid against the Guards was total bullshit but at least after that I could at least be doing some sort of damage against the Rancor.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ularg posted:

I was so close to having the killing blow.

Like I said the first part of the raid against the Guards was total bullshit but at least after that I could at least be doing some sort of damage against the Rancor.

nice

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Good job QGJ!

IGD is almost done with T6 raid #2. We're much better prepared this time around.

It's a bit odd that the game recommends gear 8 for a T6 raid when you clearly need G9+ to survive more than a few hits. It's such a jump in difficulty compared to T5.

I hear the T7 raid has a lot less HP though, so even though you need 7* toons it's not such a slog.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I just added myself onto the spreadsheet, and I'll be requesting getting into GGA soon based on the numbers, but I'm FTP, and I'm aiming at an Ewok Death Squad.

https://swgoh.gg/u/michigancubbie/

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

iGestalt posted:

Working on Greedo in Arena at the moment - wondering if it'd be better to work on Ackbar? Almost got Teebo to 6*, too. All this grindin' coming together.

Still unable to do reasonable damage on Rancor and have yet to get anybody to Gear 10. Geno Buddy is at Gear 9, though. I hear going to 10 with him breaks his damage - can anybody confirm it?
Greedo is a very good DPS. His damage per turn is stellar but he's slower than the top tier damage dealers. If you can't take advantage of Thermal Detonator (and AoE works best if you stack it) there's no reason to take him over Rey, Geonosian Soldier, or someone at the same speed but harder-hitting like IG-86 or FOTP, except that Greedo is easier to farm. Because there's no one else in Arena shipments that's as good at DPS except IG-88 in a droid team.

Ackbar is not really comparable, he goes on your team if your success depends on giving one of your characters as many turns as possible or you want to combo Yoda's AoE into Battle Meditation. Or use Asajj's two buttons to do the same as Echo's one button. Or double up on Lando's Double Down. He's also reportedly good for clearing deathmark in raid phase 1.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kaschei posted:

Greedo is a very good DPS. His damage per turn is stellar but he's slower than the top tier damage dealers. If you can't take advantage of Thermal Detonator (and AoE works best if you stack it) there's no reason to take him over Rey, Geonosian Soldier, or someone at the same speed but harder-hitting like IG-86 or FOTP, except that Greedo is easier to farm. Because there's no one else in Arena shipments that's as good at DPS except IG-88 in a droid team.

Ackbar is not really comparable, he goes on your team if your success depends on giving one of your characters as many turns as possible or you want to combo Yoda's AoE into Battle Meditation. Or use Asajj's two buttons to do the same as Echo's one button. Or double up on Lando's Double Down. He's also reportedly good for clearing deathmark in raid phase 1.

Great - thank you.

I've gotten Rey unlocked, and slowly starring her up but I wanted to get Greedo too. Namely to replace Sid in my Rancor team, as he's falling so far behind.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

MichiganCubbie posted:

I just added myself onto the spreadsheet, and I'll be requesting getting into GGA soon based on the numbers, but I'm FTP, and I'm aiming at an Ewok Death Squad.

https://swgoh.gg/u/michigancubbie/

We've probably been less diligent about tracking our members in the spreadsheet but we're actually full up at the moment. There may be an inactive purge in the near future though.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Slightly Toasted posted:

We've probably been less diligent about tracking our members in the spreadsheet but we're actually full up at the moment. There may be an inactive purge in the near future though.

My son accidentally kicked me out of GGA can someone invite me back in? Guess I lose the raid progress >:(

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43301/community-update-5-27-2016

New event starting soon. Going to be very difficult, 6-7*, level 80, G9+. Can only use clones and Rebels.

Not a lot of F2P options, thinking Ackbar (L), Fives, ST Han, HR Scout, Luke?

Other F2P options include HR Soldier, Biggs, and Lobot. I wonder if they make Leia F2P for this event?

Welp hosed on that event. They also mentioned rebalancing characters based on feedback. I assume they will add more antijedi abilitys, nerf gqj and remove the heal over time from lumis heal. Then buff Sid's dodge and dorkuus damage. Oh almost forgot nerf assaij.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Not lumi and qgj. I finally put together a galactic chore team that can consistently get to the end. :smith:

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

xyigx posted:

Welp hosed on that event. They also mentioned rebalancing characters based on feedback. I assume they will add more antijedi abilitys, nerf gqj and remove the heal over time from lumis heal. Then buff Sid's dodge and dorkuus damage. Oh almost forgot nerf assaij.

More generally, debuffs will now carry over between GW battles

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So who are people farming from the Cantina? I've finished up anyone that I was really interested in and so that leaves me to farm one of these dudes,

Lando
Old Ben
Anikin
Ploo
Finn
Kylo
Chirpa

I honestly wouldn't be using any of them anytime soon as I have a boat load of other characters to farm up but I want to start getting the shards for another dude. Started working on Old Ben but drat I already have like 7 level 80 Jedis and I'm not sure he'd be put to good use. Maybe Kylo? I dunno who are you all working on now?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

So who are people farming from the Cantina? I've finished up anyone that I was really interested in and so that leaves me to farm one of these dudes,

Lando
Old Ben
Anikin
Ploo
Finn
Kylo
Chirpa

I honestly wouldn't be using any of them anytime soon as I have a boat load of other characters to farm up but I want to start getting the shards for another dude. Started working on Old Ben but drat I already have like 7 level 80 Jedis and I'm not sure he'd be put to good use. Maybe Kylo? I dunno who are you all working on now?
Only one that I actively use in that list is old ben for GW.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I got chirpa to 6, because ewoks. They are actually a pretty fun team, hopefully they will release a 5th one soon so I can do an all ewok team. I have them all to 6, and teebo to 7

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MarcusSA posted:

Lando
Old Ben
Anikin
Ploo
Finn
Kylo
Chirpa

I get attacked way less often since I started using Old Ben as an arena lead for defense, I guess people don't want to put up with the dodge bullshit. Old Ben/ST Han/Rey is actually a pretty good combo for me so I guess it's also possible they're winning defenses.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Only one that I actively use in that list is old ben for GW.

Yeah I guess I'll do Ben. I'm sure I can plug him in some place.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
JKA is utter trash currently, his basic hits for 2000, special for 1500 at level 79 (and yes that is ability level 7, 7*, max gear 8 save furnace). I thought he would be a viable replacement for Lumi in arena but with him in I lost twice to teams I beat easily before. Don't bother, or, like me, hope he gets buffed :)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hk(l), 88, 86, poggle, jawa engi is a rough loving team. They basicly get 2 turns before you get one, then 88 and hk each get a extra attack on aoe(from the turn meter on crit). And now you get to go after 2.5 turns of poggled droids smashing you. This was the 6th node in gw.

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

So here I was, blissfully grinding away in this toilet game. I decided to read up on how the guild reset and schedule works, and now I'm suddenly not happy anymore since the guild (GGA) reset is 2:30 AM in my timezone, so there's no way to double up on the guild activities unless I stay up after midnight but that's not gonna happen. Or am I getting it wrong?

I'd never join a pubbie guild anyway, but maybe there'll be a Eurogoon guild or something. Also did nobody suggest Plo Goon for guild name? Or is that racist.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So I'm finally level 80, so does that mean the level 90 cap increase is about to drop?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Critique my Arena team!

Currently I'm level 62 running Phasma (L), Luminara, Daka, Geo Soldier, and Sidius

Sod for heal immunity on the target I want to focus on, some healers, Phasma for the statuses and occasional assist. I win most every game by miles, but I'm still hovering in the 100s on my shard because I don't refresh arena fights. The only other team that has worked as well was that with Rey in place of Sid, but I get really frustrated every time I missed my target by just a little an watched them get healed to full.

Thoughts and changes?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

WerrWaaa posted:

Critique my Arena team!

Currently I'm level 62 running Phasma (L), Luminara, Daka, Geo Soldier, and Sidius

Sod for heal immunity on the target I want to focus on, some healers, Phasma for the statuses and occasional assist. I win most every game by miles, but I'm still hovering in the 100s on my shard because I don't refresh arena fights. The only other team that has worked as well was that with Rey in place of Sid, but I get really frustrated every time I missed my target by just a little an watched them get healed to full.

Thoughts and changes?

Most top end teams don't run healers at all, barring Daka for stuns. You're going to find that Sid's value starts diminishing as the opposing team's tenacity increases. Keep levelling Rey.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I'm under the impression that Lumi is still a good attacker, no? With the ability block does she keep up?

I'm still working on Rey, as well as QGJ and ST Han so I can get through more LS missions. RG is also on my radar once I unlock more farmable locations for him.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

I'm under the impression that Lumi is still a good attacker, no? With the ability block does she keep up?

I'm still working on Rey, as well as QGJ and ST Han so I can get through more LS missions. RG is also on my radar once I unlock more farmable locations for him.

Lumi is OK, but once you start getting to level 70+ and running into lots of Reys, she is much less useful. I run Dooku/Rey/Daka/RG/QGJ, everyone but RG and Dooku are 7* (RG is close to 7, Dooku is 25/100, so a while yet), and all at least G8. I still drop down from the top 5 to ~16 or so every day. All my competition is full 7*, I think I need to finish up RG/Dooku to make myself less of a target. I might switch from Dooku to Old Ben I guess at some point, it seems like most of the top tier teams are using him on my shard.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Lumi is outclassed by both QGJ and STHan. Her basic does too little damage, healing is not really needed at the sharp end of arena (the dmg per turn the top attackers knock out far outstretches any healing you could do). And if you want ability block, Old Ben is literally 5x better.

I run a Phasma,RG,STHan,Rey,QGJ team and it rocks. STH and Phasma give tons of extra attacks and TM, RG keeps everyone alive and 1 of the enemy stunned each turn, Rey dishes out the damage and QGJ does the awesome stuff that makes him awesome.

I usually wake up inside the top 10 and breeze to #1 with this comp. Although I don't think many others are in the same time zone as me so your mileage may vary.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Phasma/rg/rey/qgj/yoda arena team? Rg and rey are 6*.

Currently running phasma/sid/savage/dooku/qgj.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 30, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Phasma/rg/rey/qgj/yoda arena team? Rg and rey are 6*.

Currently running phasma/sid/savage/dooku/qgj.

That sounds decent, but Dooku is a better lead. Once I finish RG, I'm going to work on Ben, because if you are already running QGJ (and his omega adds 1 turn to that offence up), then TM gain is better than offence up. Also Ben just has so much HP.

Alternatively, QGJ, Yoda, Rey, RG, +1 is really good. Doesn't even have to be a jedi, Yoda goes so loving fast and his basic grants TM and foresight. Then he does an AOE to get all the buffs and his stupid everyone gets all the buffs things...GS, Phasma, Savage, and Daka would all be good in the fifth slot.

I'm still running G8 Dooku, G9 RG, G9 Rey, G9 Daka, G10 QGJ, all 7* except RG (~80/100). I'm not always super happy with Daka, but her double stun is impressive. She rarely revives on offence, and I feel like GS or ST Han would be a better fifth -- and yes, STH + RG is really good, I've lost to it.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
How the gently caress are there so many characters yet most of the poo poo that comes up to purchase in shipments is needed by no one?

Why do these useless items even exist?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Rano Pano posted:

So here I was, blissfully grinding away in this toilet game. I decided to read up on how the guild reset and schedule works, and now I'm suddenly not happy anymore since the guild (GGA) reset is 2:30 AM in my timezone, so there's no way to double up on the guild activities unless I stay up after midnight but that's not gonna happen. Or am I getting it wrong?

I'd never join a pubbie guild anyway, but maybe there'll be a Eurogoon guild or something. Also did nobody suggest Plo Goon for guild name? Or is that racist.

While this sucks, it's not actually that big of a deal. The rewards don't scale very hard for contributions, so you might miss out on 15-20 guild coins per day...it adds up, but not to that much. 7 days * 20 = 140 which is still less than 1/3 of 5 shards, or less than 1/10 of 5 salvage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

People at the top of the guild rankings get 50% more guild coins over people at the bottom. It adds up fast.

edit: those numbers are awful mal where did you get them.