Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

you can see it in her eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

GET MY BELT SON posted:

you can see it in her eyes

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

The Bible posted:

I like how his show idea is about healing his marriage, because yeah, that's what everyone has been focused on all this time.

At least he knows the best way to heal your marriage is in public on TV.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

New Statement from Josh and Anna
May 27, 2016
As we enter into a long family weekend together, we want to thank each of you for the prayers, love and encouragement you’ve sent our way. Since the residential treatment program ended, we have been working with a professional marriage and family counselor to take important steps toward healing. It isn’t easy and some days are very difficult. It is a long road to rebuild trust and a truly healthy relationship. We are very thankful for God’s forgiveness, grace and help, as it is our strength and guide to rebuilding our lives. As the future unfolds, we are taking one day at a time and we are grateful for your continued prayers for both of us and our sweet children.

With Gratitude, Josh and Anna

http://duggarfamily.com/2016/5/a-statement-from-josh-and-anna-duggar

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Is there a Sister Wives thread still? My wife just told me that Meri got catfished so hard she almost got kicked out of the family and there are voicemails floating around the internet to confirm this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Is there a Sister Wives thread still? My wife just told me that Meri got catfished so hard she almost got kicked out of the family and there are voicemails floating around the internet to confirm this.
Sometimes they are almost as annoying as the Duggars but they are at least more harmless

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol kody brown and that loving murano crosscabriolet they got

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

This thread is pretty much the catch-all TLC thread. My wife's ALL over that catfish story, I think it's loving hilarious, in a 'yeah, not surprised' kind of way.

Also, dude's first, original wife is scary :stare:

EDIT: Also-also, I can't see dude and not think of Harlan William's line from Dumb and Dumber, 'You pumpkin-pie hair-cutted freak.'

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Meri is like the textbook case of how polygamy sucks for women. Like all the check boxes are there but the light bulb never goes on in her head.

When her only kid went off to school she wanted another kid but Kody dithered around forever and didn't understand why time was of the essence for a 40+ year old woman and eventually that talk died out. Then he went off and had a kid with the youngest wife so no skin off his nose. And now Meri is old, lonely, and alone getting cat fished. She volunteered to get the legal divorce. While it was stated for good reasons, it was such an obvious cry for help and attempt to have people notice her. Oh and her and the second wife never got along because the whole polygamy and sharing thing was just weird for them so they just lived with awkward acceptance of each other all their lives

All the other wives have house fulls of kids so they ain't got time for her bullshit. So this 40+ year old woman with no job or career just lives alone in her 4 bedroom house in the desert puttering around counting down the days her husband makes his routine stop, like that sad old woman on your street who can't wait to talk to the mailman

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 31, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Does anyone know what Kody does for a living? And is My Sister's Closet pulling in the big bucks after those investors came in?

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce posted:

Meri is like the textbook case of how polygamy sucks for women. Like all the check boxes are there but the light bulb never goes on in her head.

When her only kid went off to school she wanted another kid but Kody dithered around forever and didn't understand why time was of the essence for a 40+ year old woman and eventually that talk died out. Then he went off and had a kid with the youngest wife so no skin off his nose. And now Meri is old, lonely, and alone getting cat fished. She volunteered to get the legal divorce. While it was stated for good reasons, it was such an obvious cry for help and attempt to have people notice her. Oh and her and the second wife never got along because the whole polygamy and sharing thing was just weird for them so they just lived with awkward acceptance of each other all their lives

All the other wives have house fulls of kids so they ain't got time for her bullshit. So this 40+ year old woman with no job or career just lives alone in her 4 bedroom house in the desert puttering around counting down the days her husband makes his routine stop, like that sad old woman on your street who can't wait to talk to the mailman

I tired googling this show, and all the tabloids stories seem to need some back ground knowledge.

Can you tell me why these women are doing polygamy? is like some kinda cult?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Does anyone know what Kody does for a living?

He is a professional reality TV persona.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Ugh.

I've always thought that rather than being terrible, the worst thing a show (or movie, or song) can be is boring. Catfishing-aside, this show has that in spades.

No joke, I've been exposed to so much tlc in the past 2 years, I could probably give you at least one reason that ANY of their other shows are worth watching over this.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

Doing a quick google it looks like he just plays bankruptcy shell games with his wives

quote:

Ugh.

I've always thought that rather than being terrible, the worst thing a show (or movie, or song) can be is boring. Catfishing-aside, this show has that in spades.

No joke, I've been exposed to so much tlc in the past 2 years, I could probably give you at least one reason that ANY of their other shows are worth watching over this.

You aren't getting outlandish stunts like Duck Dynasty or Honey Boo Boo, it's more subtle stuff like Kody shocked expressions when someone thinks his idea is stupid or Kody's stupid tone-deaf actions and people's exasperation. But yeah, 90% of that show is filler garbage

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 31, 2016

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On HoneyBooBoo, does anyone know the latest on her paedophile enabling mum? is she still with him? Did TLC quietly put the show back on air, or put a spinoff on like they did with the Duggars?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

WhyteRyce posted:

Doing a quick google it looks like he just plays bankruptcy shell games with his wives

You aren't getting outlandish stunts like Duck Dynasty or Honey Boo Boo, it's more subtle stuff like Kody shocked expressions when someone thinks his idea is stupid or Kody's stupid tone-deaf actions and people's exasperation. But yeah, 90% of that show is filler garbage
My wife watches this show and I can't believe these episodes are like 2 hours...absolutely nothing actually happens

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

max4me posted:

I tired googling this show, and all the tabloids stories seem to need some back ground knowledge.

Can you tell me why these women are doing polygamy? is like some kinda cult?

They are FLDS. Some of the women grew up in polygamous households and wanted to live that lifestyle as adults. Meri is the 1st wife (she's the one that got Catfished), Janell is the 2nd wife and the only one who has an actual job (real estate, I think), then there's the 3rd one who seems ok, and the last one is Robyn who cries a lot and is the youngest and newest wife. There are also rumors that Kody (the husband) is going to marry a 5th wife who is 19 or 20! It's a really boring trainwreck.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I think Cody was in advertising back when the show began. My wife likes it, so I know way more about the show than any self-respecting individual should.

My favorite part was when they left Utah in the dead of night because they were afraid the authorities were after them. And by favorite I mean most horrifying as you could see the terror in the older kids' faces as they realized they were leaving everything they knew and all their friends.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Krispy Kareem posted:

My wife likes it, so I know way more about the show than any self-respecting individual should.

:smith::respek::smith:

Krispy Kareem posted:

My favorite part was when they left Utah in the dead of night because they were afraid the authorities were after them. And by favorite I mean most horrifying as you could see the terror in the older kids' faces as they realized they were leaving everything they knew and all their friends.

I hate all of these people.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I wonder if all the craziest mormons think everyone is circling their wagon train for doing the same all those years ago

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Grifting, abusing the system, anti-government attitudes, regressive family values, and reality tv. Yep, it's all here.

There needs to be a general boycott on anyone who advertises on TLC. They've had far too many child-rape scandals. The latest of which saw them bending over backwards to keep the Duggars on the air no matter what.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
If child rape scandals were taken seriously, the BBC would be a smoking crater.

Jafars Pal
May 31, 2016

by Shine
2 bedroom world war 2 refugee apartment

canadian eugenics program

3 girls 2 parents 1 miscarriage 10 years later a 4th girl

Full-time careers by 18 and pay off a house shortly after

sluttery is not even the tip of the iceberg

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
TMZ - Mama June Strip Club Tour

Put this on TLC and buy stock in personal lubricant. You're welcome.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Seems a little early to be scoping out venues for her daughter.

Then I saw little sassy Casey and wow...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

TMZ - Mama June Strip Club Tour

Put this on TLC and buy stock in personal lubricant. You're welcome.

wait what

why

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You know a better way to hype a midget and has been?

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
To Catch A Predator should have a shark week marathon where they arrest TLC reality show stars

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Jonny 290 posted:

lol kody brown and that loving murano crosscabriolet they got

This is one of the ugliest cars ever made. I bet they got soaked on it too

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
A woman who was talked into a polygamist relationship was CATFISHED? You don't say...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I imagine so was the husband. I mean he probably wanted a harem of heavy metal album cover beauties but got a 3 headed dragon bitching about minivans and coupons all day

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sister wives sounds terrible but Big Love was a fantastic HBO drama about a polygamist family.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

mdm posted:

A woman who was talked into a polygamist relationship was CATFISHED? You don't say...

To be fair, from everything ever said on that show, Meri actually talked Kodi into it. I think she came from a FLDS background but he didn't necessarily? Kodi's dad is FLDS now, though, and one of his sister wives is Janelle's mom. Janelle being Kodi's second wife.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Kodi's dad is FLDS now, though, and one of his sister wives is Janelle's mom.

this is just loving lazy

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jonny 290 posted:

this is just loving lazy

Actually, it involves a lot of work. Rather than just loving his sister as a good jim-bob would do, he invents a complicated scheme to get his dad to marry the mum of one of his wives, so he can get in on all the fun of sister-loving, but without any of the icky incest part.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What does catfishing mean in this case? I thought that was when someone made a fake online account to impersonate someone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lodin posted:

What does catfishing mean in this case? I thought that was when someone made a fake online account to impersonate someone.

Exactly, and one of the wives vot caught up with that on the side.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kodi's dad is FLDS now, though, and one of his sister wives is Janelle's mom. Janelle being Kodi's second wife.

He also has a daughter (Janelle's) who is engaged to his brother in law

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dude has the potential for four sets of brothers-in-law. I'm assuming Robin's brother, so the age difference wouldn't be as horrifying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dude has the potential for four sets of brothers-in-law. I'm assuming Robin's brother, so the age difference wouldn't be as horrifying?

I don't think he's that old but he's got country hick permanent hat hair and bald spot so tough to tell

• Locked thread