Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

seeing caster in the anime but also recognising her in the context of hollow A is jarring and also really, really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Hollow Ataraxia Caster is best Caster

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I love how HA rounded out almost all the non-central characters' stories. Caster, Rider, Kazuki, Lancer, etc all benefit so much from it, it's amazing.

Aug 24, 2011

hey the anime is expanding on casters backstory, i've always wondered how she ended up running in those woods

wait no it stopped :geno:

at least i still have this picture from the lp archive

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 29, 2016

Aug 24, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/KxzJ8tU.gifv

does the forum support gifv yet

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

F/GO's anthologies are basically the F/GO Carnival Phantasm shorts I've always wanted.

Also poor Heracles. He actually knows the answer but can't say it.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 30, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:allbuttons:

They weren't kidding about this event being hard. I skipped straight to the 6 BP one to see what it was like and I got my poo poo royally wrecked.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

This raid boss event is a pretty cool concept. It's also kind of impressive they made an assassin that looks worse than Jack.

Oh gently caress me that's a 6 mil health berserker with a NP that ignores invuln and dodge.

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 30, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
They finally introduce the global damage contribution event. :zoro:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

REALLY don't want that new assassin.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

This raid boss event is a pretty cool concept. It's also kind of impressive they made an assassin that looks worse than Jack.

Oh gently caress me that's a 6 mil health berserker with a NP that ignores invuln and dodge.

The funny part is that Jack is apparently the best Servant for this event.

I need to power through the rest of London and America before I can fight this thing.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I did some pulls for fun, and got EMIYA, Siegfried, Frankenstein, and Astolfo, all four of which were Servants i really wanted. I guess that means i've spent all my luck for this year

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Yyyyyeah, I got her down to 5 mil before dying, more than ever, THIS is just plain not happening.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Apparently the Ushi CE in the gacha makes it a lot easier. Some dude was able to beat her just with a Jack support with that thing on.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A 5* Assassin is "nice" but not something I'm super excited for, neither is Ibaraki even if she's 5*. I haven't figured out exactly yet what's available. Still thinking I'll wait for next event and see if there's a free Servant in this one.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Yeah the CE's make this feel like Saber Wars but with Jack and Scathach as the stars.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Cleared London and got Nursery Rhyme from my celebratory single roll. :toot:

As soon as I entered America, I got a notice saying Mashu's battle style had changed. What's up with that?

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Mashu spent the time between London and America working out. That's what the Personalized Training CE in the Prism shop represents.

(Despite the cool animations she still has the same number of hits and does the same amount of damage, so it's only eyecandy.)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

General opinion of Shuten seems to be that she's basically a 5* Mata Hari. She's good at debuffing, which is nice but not particularly useful.

At level 3 ascension she starts fighting with a huge sword though, so that's neat.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I dunno what they did but now Droid4X won't even launch a battle without crashing. Any other emulators that would work fine on a craptop?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
How do the 50% teamwide CE and the 200% equipped servant CE stack?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Datamining's confirmed Ibaraki to a 4 star, so she might be a welfare servant.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Arbite posted:

Well, I dunno what they did but now Droid4X won't even launch a battle without crashing. Any other emulators that would work fine on a craptop?
Did you update your UPK?

Aumanor posted:

How do the 50% teamwide CE and the 200% equipped servant CE stack?
They stack like that did for saber wars. The self ones are +100% to ONLY whoever equips it, the +50% stack regardless. The yellow button on the team confirmation screen will tell you how much +attack% applies to each servant respectively.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

blankd posted:

They stack like that did for saber wars. The self ones are +100% to ONLY whoever equips it, the +50% stack regardless. The yellow button on the team confirmation screen will tell you how much +attack% applies to each servant respectively.

The question was more about whether it stacks additively or multiplicatively.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Aumanor posted:

The question was more about whether it stacks additively or multiplicatively.
Technically, adding. You get a "200%" because it's adding 100% to your base 100% damage. (200% = 2.0x damage, 250% = 2.5x, etc.)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I haven't set up my alarm like this since EVE.

e: It's very concerning how people are already halfway done the raid boss :ohdear:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Why is the forced support Kintoki so drat weak? He couldn't even one-shot one of the first 2 Berzerkers, in the second 20ap quest, when he went second in a buster chain.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

blankd posted:

Technically, adding. You get a "200%" because it's adding 100% to your base 100% damage. (200% = 2.0x damage, 250% = 2.5x, etc.)

To reiterate for the second time, I was wondering about how the +50% and +200% interact with each other. Checked it, they stack additively, meaning that if you have a +200% on servant one and +50% on servant 2, Servant 1 deals +250% damage, or three and a half its base damage. If they stacked multiplicatively it would deal 1.5*3=4.5 time the damage, for a +350% increase.

Does anyone (Kyte?) know if that's how all the damage buffs are calculated? If, say, a Servant has a Craft Essence increaseing its Burst damage by 25% and a skill giving him another 25%, does it deal 150% or 1.5625% damage?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how many cheat APK users are going to get banned due to damage tracking :laugh:

I need more of the Kintoki CE, I can't finish the three BP battle. Two BP I can do pretty consistently with double Jacks + Jeanne Alter. Havn't tried a tank team yet (which would be 2x Jeanne + Tamamo), doesn't seem practical with the level of damage that the boss puts out.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Aumanor posted:

To reiterate for the second time, I was wondering about how the +50% and +200% interact with each other. Checked it, they stack additively, meaning that if you have a +200% on servant one and +50% on servant 2, Servant 1 deals +250% damage, or three and a half its base damage. If they stacked multiplicatively it would deal 1.5*3=4.5 time the damage, for a +350% increase.

Does anyone (Kyte?) know if that's how all the damage buffs are calculated? If, say, a Servant has a Craft Essence increaseing its Burst damage by 25% and a skill giving him another 25%, does it deal 150% or 1.5625% damage?

quote:

Damage.

damage for this card = [servantAtk * npDamageMultiplier * (firstCardBonus + (cardDamageValue * (1 + cardMod))) * classAtkBonus * triangleModifier * attributeModifier * randomModifier * 0.23 * (1 + atkMod - defMod) * criticalModifier * extraCardModifier * {1 + powerMod + selfDamageMod + (critDamageMod * isCrit) + (npDamageMod * isNP)} * {1 + ((superEffectiveModifier - 1) * isSuperEffective)}] + dmgPlusAdd + selfDmgCutAdd + (servantAtk * busterChainMod)

FROM YOUR SERVANT
* servantAtk = {Your servant's current Atk value}
* classAtkBonus = {class bonus}
* triangleModifier = {triangle bonus}
* attributeModifier = {attribute bonus}

FROM CARDS
* firstCardBonus = {0.5 if first card is a Buster card, 0 otherwise. No bonus to NPs}
* cardDamageValue
-/First/Second/Third
Arts/100%/120%/140%
Buster/150%/180%/210%
Quick/80%/96%/112%
** cardDamageValue for Extra card is 1
** NP cards act as a First card of the appropriate type.
* busterChainMod = {0.2 if it's a Buster Chain, 0 otherwise}
* extraCardModifier = {2 if Extra card in a Brave Chain, 3.5 if Extra card in a Buster/Quick/Arts Brave Chain, 1 if neither}

FROM RNG
* randomModifier = {random from 0.9 to 1.1}
* criticalModifier = {2 if crit, 1 if not}

FROM NP PROPERTIES
* npDamageMultiplier = {NP's damage multiplier (or 1 if it's not an NP)}
* superEffectiveModifier = {NP super effective modifier}
* isSuperEffective = {1 if the enemy qualifies (via trait or status), 0 otherwise}

FROM BUFFS
* cardMod = {+-X% [Card] Power ([Card] Up)}
* atkMod = {+-X% Attack (Attack Up)}
* defMod = {+-X% Defense (Defense Up, Defense Up [Anti-X]), Def Up (but not Def Down) is skipped if the NP ignores defense}
* powerMod = {+-X% Power (Power Up, Power Up [Anti-X])}
* selfDamageMod = {No buff currently uses this. It's like Power Up but on the enemy's side.}

* isCrit = {1 if crit, 0 otherwise}
* critDamageMod = {+-X% Critical Power (Critical Power Up)}

* isNP = {1 if NP attack, 0 otherwise}
* npDamageMod = {+-X% NP Power (NP Power Up)}

* dmgPlusAdd = {+-X Extra Damage (Damage Plus, Damage Minus)} // Note the lack of %
* selfDmgCutAdd = {-+X Damage Taken (Damage Cut, Damage Up)} // Lack of % as well

Remember, 10% = 0.1.
* You'll note Attack and Defense buffs are direct and opposite buffs. +10% attack is straight +10% damage and +10% def is -10% damage.
* Minimum damage is 1. (But only if Atk > Def)

Buffs of the same type stack additively.
So +30% Atk + +30% Power add up to 69% more damage, but +30% Atk + +30% Atk add up to 60% more damage.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 31, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Is ibuki a divine? Now might be a good time to use that 80% against divine CE.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

just like my otome games

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I managed to get a +50% drop and a +100% reward, am I able to take on the 2 BP? I have lvl 90 Mordred & Okita, level 80 Irisviel, and a bunch of level 90 supports.

Not sure who to put the +100% and +50% on.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I managed to get a +50% drop and a +100% reward, am I able to take on the 2 BP? I have lvl 90 Mordred & Okita, level 80 Irisviel, and a bunch of level 90 supports.

Not sure who to put the +100% and +50% on.

I do the 2 BP one with a lvl50 Mashu, lvl40 David and a friend Jeanne Alter with the 100% CE. poo poo is easy as gently caress, never lost a servant. Just put it on your Okita, use Scathach/Jeanne Alter/Jack support with the CE and melt her.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Wuxi posted:

I do the 2 BP one with a lvl50 Mashu, lvl40 David and a friend Jeanne Alter with the 100% CE. poo poo is easy as gently caress, never lost a servant. Just put it on your Okita, use Scathach/Jeanne Alter/Jack support with the CE and melt her.

I mean until I got the CE's I routinely lost most of my front line (90 Jack, 80 Irisviel and 50 Matt) on the 1 BP.

My loadout was Matt, Irisviel and support Jack, usually Mathew dies first once my heals aren't able to keep up, followed by Jack or Irisviel depending on who gets primaried; I'm using the maxed out default Chaeldea suit. Then Okita/Mordred usually carry the day for me by the end.

I typically target the 3 turn Archer hand first, then the 5 turn hand, and then Ikuruga-san takes about 2-3 turns depending on whether I have a NP up.

Once I put on the two CE's I got for my last battle this morning (last BP) I lost no Servants.

The Damage boost works for any Servant against any enemy in these event missions right? They seem to, the +100% on Irisviel makes her suddenly a lot better and not just my combat medic.

e: Testing the 2 BP now, wow, Irisviel brave chained the hand to death in one turn.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you have a Jeanne Alter support with 100% CE then you should be able to handle the 2BP boss. I cannot even loving imagine how much health the 3BP one has though and how many CE's I'm gonna need to make that manageable.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I probably have one since I think I added everyone here and one of you who knows who you are is a dirty dirty whale. :mad:

Okay 2 BP first attempt, first time I actually ended up running the clock as I screwed up and let Jack die. :(

e: AAAARGH! None of the Jeanne Alter Supports have the dang CE! :(

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 31, 2016

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The final damage point prize needs 300million total damage. DW seriously needs to reign that nonsense in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
300 million? Are you loving kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You would need to loving use the carp CE across the entire team to get the amount of damage you would need to make that reasonable and that's counting the support unit being a 100% Alter Jeanne, Scath, etc. Like that's not even just making a hard mission, that's making an impossible one especially since you canny revive characters.