Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
http://www.wbir.com/entertainment/television/east-tennessee-teen-makes-appearance-on-cartoon-network/205413721
Huh, apparently it was with Make-A-Wish. Good on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
When you take into account how much making an episode of a cartoon is, this is probably one of the most expensive Make A Wish things ever for a single kid

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

drrockso20 posted:

When you take into account how much making an episode of a cartoon is, this is probably one of the most expensive Make A Wish things ever for a single kid

Even more than the kid who got to ride in all his favorite kind of tractors? lol rekt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can't wait to have all the 20-something Critics With Opinions About Cartoons gave the hottest of takes on this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Nah there was that kid who wanted to be Batman, so they hired a guy to play Batman and drive him around in a black Lamborghini to find other actors dressed as Batman villains and let him fight "crime", then the mayor of San Francisco gave him the key to the city and Obama sent him a video. That all probably cost a pretty penny.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

That's wonderful. :3:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Can't wait to have all the 20-something Critics With Opinions About Cartoons gave the hottest of takes on this.

They'll probably be stepping on eggshells with this one, at least assuming they know it's a Make A Wish thing

Although /co/ did make jokes about making Rule 34 stuff of said kid's character already, cause well it is 4chan after all

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I was going to make a joke about them making an episode about me specifically, but this is even better :3:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like how even in a episode made to honor a make a wish foundation kid, they still found a way to make it about trolling their haters.

I'm not being sarcastic. That is genuinely impressive and awesome.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Wally T episode was so sweet :3: and also legitimately funny.

I have no idea how anyone could ever hate this show.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
At first I thought Wally T was some 6 year old who wrote a letter to the TTG guys but this is even better. The question is, how is Mr Enter gonna find a reason to hate it?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

horriblePencilist posted:

At first I thought Wally T was some 6 year old who wrote a letter to the TTG guys but this is even better. The question is, how is Mr Enter gonna find a reason to hate it?

If he has any brains at all he'll pretend this episode doesn't exist, cause this is one of those things that you really can't criticize without looking like a humongous rear end in the process

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Just saw the Lesson is Learned episode. I suppose if the show was going to explain rental properties then it would make sense that the Titans would be the worst landlords ever. I wonder if Batman owns rental property? He strikes me as someone who would just hire awful property managers.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So heads up, apparently they've got a crossover episode with the Powerpuff Girls reboot

:unsmigghh:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Please, if it's anything near as good as the last "crossover" episode, I can't wait.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Yeah that'll probably make me like the PPG reboot more, to be honest.

I'm reminded of people dreading the Steven Universe Uncle Grandpa crossover.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm finally seeing the Wally T. episode.

"Everybody hates us!"

God this show fuckin' rules.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 26, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A real fan never leaves, no matter how terrible we become!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The best thing the show could have done is to start leaning super hard into the salty 20-somethings with Important Opinions About Children's Entertainment.

I'm just waiting for them to introduce Mr. Exit as a villain of the week.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ManlyGrunting posted:

So heads up, apparently they've got a crossover episode with the Powerpuff Girls reboot

:unsmigghh:

If it has the same writers as Teen Titans Go it'll be good.

If it has the same writers as the Powerpuff Girls reboot it'll be...well, I dunno. I haven't actually watched that show much. I've seen one episode and I didn't really like it, but it could just not be my kind of humor. Do other people like it?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Holy poo poo today's episode had me cracking up with the race psyche!. This show is magical.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like that the sticker set had suicide squad Joker. It was like something that caused internet rage inside something that causes internet rage and no I'm not gonna phrase that as a "yo dawg" meme

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That was an excellent episode, definitely one of my favourites. I'm a sucker for pastiches of the nineties
This is a literally perfect show :allears:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 28, 2016

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

axleblaze posted:

I like that the sticker set had suicide squad Joker. It was like something that caused internet rage inside something that causes internet rage and no I'm not gonna phrase that as a "yo dawg" meme

There was Batgirl of burnside sticker too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Weird Al as Darkseid going off against Weird Al is still the best.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
The episode titled Batman Vs. The Teen Titans not having Batman in it at all was pretty great.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Respect coal miners

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I really wish I could get my cousin into this show. She's one of those people who hate the show because it "replaced" Young Justice.

I just wish I could share the joy of seeing Robin burst into tears after being tricked by his friends into thinking his parents were alive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like the show exactly for that reason, because I hated what I saw of Young Justice.

E: "Spider-Man wouldn't fight Darkseid."

"What a bum!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 30, 2016

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I loved Young Justice and I love this show for ceaselessly mocking all the people who still can't deal with it and move on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wally T. is actually a pretty good VA.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Waffleman_ posted:

Was WT some make a wish thing?

Also, I like the old TT, Young Justice ("yesssssss. All according to The Light's plaaaaaaaaaan.) and TTG. Don't know why it gets poo poo on so much, unless the ol' TT fans were in grade school when it was out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Wally T. was a Make-A-Wish.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FilthyImp posted:

Was WT some make a wish thing?

Also, I like the old TT, Young Justice ("yesssssss. All according to The Light's plaaaaaaaaaan.) and TTG. Don't know why it gets poo poo on so much, unless the ol' TT fans were in grade school when it was out.

The internet hates change and they hate things marketed to people younger than them that resemble things they used to know.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM

Waffleman_ posted:

Was that actually him? The voice sounded really familiar to me.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If it has the same writers as the Powerpuff Girls reboot it'll be...well, I dunno. I haven't actually watched that show much. I've seen one episode and I didn't really like it, but it could just not be my kind of humor. Do other people like it?

It took the "target of nerd rage" crown from Teen Titans Go. I'm not certain I've seen anyone say anything positive about it anywhere.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hexmage-SA posted:

Was that actually him? The voice sounded really familiar to me.

Yeah it was him

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!

axleblaze posted:

Yeah it was him

The end credits for the episode list Tara Strong as the voice actor for Wally T.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Huh. Could have sworn an article about it said Wally did a line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Waffleman_ posted:

Huh. Could have sworn an article about it said Wally did a line.

you are being tricks, but i won't tell you who is the trickster you have to solve this mystery on your own my friend

• Locked thread