Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

:shittypop:

I hope you didn't make that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i knew i could count on internet detectives

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Mortimer posted:

:shittypop:

I hope you didn't make that

I did not.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
:siren: new track posted :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkJghqMSpo

MORE THAN THE FAIRY
(feat. Les Claypool on bass)

I like it, but I'm not sure I like some of the vocal effects.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Catfish Noodlin posted:

MORE THAN THE FAIRY

what the gently caress is going on with this song and that picture

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Mutant Standard posted:

what the gently caress is going on with this song and that picture
I don't know, but I like it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

MORE THAN THE FAIRY

Everything about it

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Death Grips is trash [1]

[1] https://youtu.be/DLuNxIp6z0w

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Zlocista posted:

Death Grips is trash [1]

[1] https://youtu.be/DLuNxIp6z0w

Holy gently caress. Talk about....

Electrified rain from [the lips of the driver]

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I'd just like to thank everyone for pushing this thread into my view last Friday. Never heard of these guys and now I've been listening to Death Grips all weekend. All my teeth fell out and now i'm just bleeding everywhere saying Yuh and Eh and I Am The God of Hellfire.

In all seriousness this is great stuff. It's scratching an itch I've forgotten about growing up with Atari Teenage Riot and Alec Empire and Bomb 20 and Shizuo and EC8OR. It's not exactly the same, but it's got that wall of rage energy, that kinda raw primal scream noise that demands attention. I can't tell if it makes me want to work out, destroy capitalism, smoke crack, or drive off a cliff, but it's definitely not passive listening.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was in a record store that was blasting Bottomless Pit yesterday. Definitely the strangest music to idly browse to.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I started a new warehousing job recently and there's a guy who works there that looks like MC Ride.

He's in my area.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I started a new warehousing job recently and there's a guy who works there that looks like MC Ride.

He's in my area.

He knows your first three numbers, better call your bank.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Any minute now...

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Won't get a chance to listen tonight, but god drat. That's a quick turnaround between this and BP. Hopefully they kept up the quality from BP

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Zlocista posted:

Won't get a chance to listen tonight, but god drat. That's a quick turnaround between this and BP. Hopefully they kept up the quality from BP

Zach Hill was on like 5 albums in 09.

New album
https://soundcloud.com/deathgrips/sets/scum-with-boundaries

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

stop yelling in the museum

actually this is a lot better than i expected; i set my expectations surprisingly low.

man in the eyeball hat fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 23, 2016

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
European Tour :feelsgood:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
All you euro fuks bought up the London tickets this is why we voted brexit god dammit.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

He's in my area.

Update on the MC Ride looking guy.

Showed him Death Grips, he liked it, suggested I listen to Tyler the Creator.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Update on the MC Ride looking guy.

Showed him Death Grips, he liked it, suggested I listen to Tyler the Creator.

:sever: his jugular

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

What you don't get noided to Edgelord Tyler? /s

man in the eyeball hat fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 14, 2016

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Wolf and Cherry Bomb have some amazing songs on them

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
hoping to check out death grips at the observatory in september

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Bastard is the best thing Tyler has ever put out. It's been all downhill from there.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

dibs for a knuckle tattoo

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Forceholy posted:

Bastard is the best thing Tyler has ever put out. It's been all downhill from there.

I was kinda unimpressed with what I listened to, yeah.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Tyler's just not the same thing. I'd recommend Atari Teenage Riot, Dalek, and Skinny Puppy to fans of Death Grips.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

God Of Paradise posted:

Tyler's just not the same thing. I'd recommend Atari Teenage Riot, Dalek, and Skinny Puppy to fans of Death Grips.

Early Industrial Skinny Puppy, or Midlife Crisis EDM Skinny Puppy?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Forceholy posted:

Early Industrial Skinny Puppy, or Midlife Crisis EDM Skinny Puppy?

Death Grips is it's own thing, but...

The song Scrapyard came to mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgOcFnGaK4g

This also reads a lot like Ogre wrote it, though I prefer Ride by a big margin but on first listen Skinny Puppy was the first like probable influence I heard when these guys came out.

Trips to where, few have been
Out of thin air, upon high winds
Rites begin when the sun descends
Have felt what few will ever know
Have seen the truth beneath the glow,
Of the ebb and flow, where roots of all mysteries grow
I am below, so far below
The bottom line
Transmitting live, transmissions rise
From the depths out of controlled by
Suspended glance of an unblinking eyes
Imminent gaze cast 'pon the path that winds
'Pon the path I find, and claim as mine
To ride the waves, of unrest
Made to make me shine as a testament
To why the ways of the blind will never get
poo poo but shanked by my disrespect
Dismiss this life, worship death
Cold blood night of serpent's breath
Exhaled like spells from the endlessness
In the bottomless wells of emptiness
Channeled to invoke what we represent

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 8, 2016

midexlain
Apr 1, 2014
I'm obsessed with death grips to a point where I question my mind as a relative high order node of consciousness anymore. I really can't stop. They left signs on spotify and thirdworlds where bottomless pit is the seventh album and the Interview 2016 was supposed to be a meta of that but they released these photos of an iphonish circular black device and one of the things I'm noticing in one of the pictures is that they showed the collors of blue,yellow, green ,red. Is blue = modes of mental states? Blue = the powers that be Yellow = Bottomless Pit, Interview 2016 = green, the combination of both blue and yellow and so does black, the mixture of all colors equals the combination of all headspaces? Is the "final" album 8th album trying to utilize all perceptions, all headspaces, all dimesnsions to exist in their maximized consciousness. Because that's what I'm doing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Looks like death grips got their hands on the iPhone 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

midexlain posted:

I'm obsessed with death grips to a point where I question my mind as a relative high order node of consciousness anymore. I really can't stop. They left signs on spotify and thirdworlds where bottomless pit is the seventh album and the Interview 2016 was supposed to be a meta of that but they released these photos of an iphonish circular black device and one of the things I'm noticing in one of the pictures is that they showed the collors of blue,yellow, green ,red. Is blue = modes of mental states? Blue = the powers that be Yellow = Bottomless Pit, Interview 2016 = green, the combination of both blue and yellow and so does black, the mixture of all colors equals the combination of all headspaces? Is the "final" album 8th album trying to utilize all perceptions, all headspaces, all dimesnsions to exist in their maximized consciousness. Because that's what I'm doing.

you're acting pretty noided there, friend.

• Locked thread