Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It pains me deeply because I already adore MMT but such is the game - her behavior across the first few days moving to actively vote against folks that have since been murdered or lynched and are town makes me very suspicious.

Most egregiously, TNL and MMT voted Cpig on D2 within a minute of eachother after Cpig's joke(?) scum claim.

That said, PBS appears to be repeatedly committing the exact sorts of things she brought up to accuse me of as "pressure" so is that cover?? But also I roleblocked peebs and the drat kill went through so idk. Two scum? Dinnerbun? I'm out of my depth.

MMT and TNL also have this very convincing casing each other thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
the new lumpo list

me
perrymayne
capps
---
flerps
---
cpig
mmt

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

PBS Newshour posted:

why does everything you post have to read vaguely like the voice of a ted talk speaker

That's kind of the image I'm going for.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Murmur Twin

I like capps' case on her, like capps in general for the hustle this game. I think it's scummy that Murmur Twin opened up the day with a vote on Jimson who was arguably candidate #2 after Infinitum yesterday, and I also think it's scummy for her to have dropped that suspicion so quickly.

Murmur Twin posted:

You think it's scummy that I opened up with a vote on my candidate #2 after my candidate #1 was found out to be scum? :crossarms: And then that I didn't continue to case a player who hasn't posted anything while simutaneously asking the mod if they're going to be modkilled? What exactly about those moves do you not think a town player would do?

That's a fake opinion. ##vote TNL And since I'm sure you're going to follow up with an accusation of OMGUS, I promise I would think that case was fake no matter who you made it on.

---

I feel like TNL wasn't putting a whole lot of effort into scumhunting if his strongest/only D1 read was that I was bandwagoning (which I wasn't) followed by an unvote. I feel like his vote on me there was him needing to put content out and not having anything to go on.

Even after that, his votes were on CPig's scumclaim and a "me too" on PBS's case.

---

I'd like to hear some feedback on my TNL case because I feel pretty good about it.

How in the hell did I come out of that looking scummy to people? :wtc:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

peramene posted:

It pains me deeply because I already adore MMT but such is the game - her behavior across the first few days moving to actively vote against folks that have since been murdered or lynched and are town makes me very suspicious.

Most egregiously, TNL and MMT voted Cpig on D2 within a minute of eachother after Cpig's joke(?) scum claim.

That said, PBS appears to be repeatedly committing the exact sorts of things she brought up to accuse me of as "pressure" so is that cover?? But also I roleblocked peebs and the drat kill went through so idk. Two scum? Dinnerbun? I'm out of my depth.

MMT and TNL also have this very convincing casing each other thing.

This is exactly my thinking

##vote TNL

I see him as slightly edging out MMT as far as scumminess levels as he was super eager to jump on a fake scum claim and has been kind of weird.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

:j::respek::j:

Don't fault me for not being correct 100% of the time!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote TNL

I see him as slightly edging out MMT as far as scumminess levels as he was super eager to jump on a fake scum claim and has been kind of weird.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Please don't post after hammer.

The Ninth Layer, scum goon, has been lynched D2

It is now Night 2. Please send actions!

Unless that's the most clever gambit ever I feel pretty strongly about Pig as town, I can't imagine he forgot who his scumbos are.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote cpig

lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote TNL

lolk what

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

Unless that's the most clever gambit ever I feel pretty strongly about Pig as town, I can't imagine he forgot who his scumbos are.

Oh poo poo how did i miss that?

##vote mmt

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

##vote cpig

lol

Lolk

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

flerp posted:

lolk what

I've been busy and i have smoked lots and lots of weed in my life.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CapitalistPig posted:

I've been busy and i have smoked lots and lots of weed in my life.

:thumbsup:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Fun. Insightful.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anyone else have anything to say?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Anyone else have anything to say?

are you the last scum or do you have buddies :(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

are you the last scum or do you have buddies :(

Again I ask - why would I have pushed TNL so hard with no other pressure on him if I were scum? Anyone is welcome to answer that.

At this point it feels so hard to care about this game, if no one actually wants to try I say go for it and vote me out.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lets compromise and vote cpig then

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

lets compromise and vote cpig then

dongs, you are scum this game aren't you?

Dongs rolled scum.

##vote dongs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im not scum but ARE YOU???

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Mom, Dad, please stop fighting.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im sick n tired of this game so ill just claim

im cop

day 1: peramene
day 2: absurd revolver
day 3: capps

all town

you can look through my posts to see how i add another player to my confirmed town lumpo list every day

pretty sure flerp's not scum given he didn't hammer cpig when he had the chance

scum is either cpig or mmt then

i think cpig's "vote for a dead scumbro" as gambit is far less convincing than mmt's posts

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im not scum but ARE YOU???

nah

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im sick n tired of this game so ill just claim

im cop

all town

you can look through my posts to see how i add another player to my confirmed town lumpo list every day

pretty sure flerp's not scum given he didn't hammer cpig when he had the chance

scum is either cpig or mmt then

i think cpig's "vote for a dead scumbro" as gambit is far less convincing than mmt's posts

lol you are dumb and wrong.

##vote MMT

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

flerp did bring it up as a "wow so weird" kind of thing immediately after WHAT IF ITS THE ULTIMATE SCUMBOERINO

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i have to admit im way too lazy to actually look at mmt's alleged "it couldnt be me i bussed tnl so hard" to confirm whether she actually did so or not lmao

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Flerp

I don't think it's Pig and I'm willing to buy dongs' claim.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##unvote

hm

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i have to admit im way too lazy to actually look at mmt's alleged "it couldnt be me i bussed tnl so hard" to confirm whether she actually did so or not lmao

She kinda did, made a really good argument actually. But TNL want playing that much (lurking...) and was on our potential to be modkill list and it's not ridiculous to contemplate that they worked together to make mmt seem legit by bussing tnl.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im cop

I wanna believe this but why would you investigate me n1? Wouldn't an experienced player have been more likely to investigate someone they knew was competent at the game? Why AR second? Kawaii piggu desu ka???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you investigate question marks

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

She kinda did, made a really good argument actually. But TNL want playing that much (lurking...) and was on our potential to be modkill list and it's not ridiculous to contemplate that they worked together to make mmt seem legit by bussing tnl.

I also was in on Infinitum. I feel a bit weird doing the whole "look at my past accomplishments" thing but seriously don't get how people think I'm scum over other people in this game.

I'm on a phone at the moment but I'm going to take a look at Flerp in a little bit.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

why would I have pushed TNL so hard with no other pressure on him if I were scum? Anyone is welcome to answer that.

To make yourself look clear in a situation where TNL knew he wasn't going to be able to continue for whatever reason. With this exact argument you're making here, actually. :(

fakeedit: you were also in on infinitum and tbh the fact that we successfully lynched two scum in a row on d1&2 frankly means the whole town is scum in my book

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

not super serious when i posted it and i dont think pbs is scum rn. that might change but ##unvote for now. also yeah ive been shitposting a lot my b.

so for content - the people im most worried about are those that jumped onto the cpig self vote, who are TNL, MMT, peramene, and AR. i think cpig is town because as scum that seems like a really dumb and terrible thing to self vote and as a town thing it actually created some discussion. this is also the place where theres actual substance rather than just baseless speculation on posts and stuff.

TNL is hard to say, they come in and vote for cpig quick without much else. feels opportunistic without any defense of his vote or anything. i really want them to come in and explain themselves rather than just dropping in every once in a while and putting in a single low content post and dropping out. lurky scum is possible.

MMT im worried about the most based off of the voting. is the third vote which is kind of that sweet spot from being an early joke vote into making something more legitimate. after a while, MMT is the first to drop off after being very quick to get onto the vote. it's like she was trying to start the bandwagon and then once realizing that the bandwagon really wasnt going to pan out for her so she decided to cover her bases and back off. also her explanation is "oh you said you were town that def means your town" which is dumb imho. based off of just the voting for cpig mmt has me the most worried.

pera i'm not really sure about. i feel like they are legit a newbie from their posting but that doesnt mean theyre not scum. the vote comes in to a time where i feel like another scum buddy help start the bandwagon then pera jumps in and try to reinforce the bandwagon. also she deliberately says shes voting with mmt... im not really sure what that tells us. i dont think as scum theyd do esp if its a newbie scum. so pera might not be scum if mmt is scum, or pera might be trying to buddy up with somebody so that when they flip scum eventually it looks rly bad on them. idk this is all wifom anywyas. pera im not sure about and their other posts just scream newbie to me, but not newbie town or newbie scum in either direction.

AR comes in and votes and that's it. like, even less so then TNL it was literally just the post. that's not a lot to go off of. AR hasnt been posting a lot in general which is kind of suspicious because usually hes quite an active poster but this game is very slow so maybe thats not suspect for this game in particular. hell, it's very hard to go through the posts and find anything that stands out super hard. he looks better than TNL imho just because he actually posted later while TNL has just been sitting on his rear end.

of course, im really not gonna be surprised to see one of the big lurkers like jimson or chic turn out to be scum as well and really theyre not helping town by not being present and not voting. i dont think they should be lynched imo or if they do, it should be near the end of the day so we at least use our day and have a discussion.

In retrospect I feel pretty confident that this is a scum post. Look at how many words it is to say "TNL is hard to read, MMT voted for Pig third, I'm not sure about Pera, AR isn't posting, and it might be Jimson or Chic". Flerp isn't drawing any conclusions, he just read the game and summarized it.

peramene posted:

To make yourself look clear in a situation where TNL knew he wasn't going to be able to continue for whatever reason. With this exact argument you're making here, actually. :(

fakeedit: you were also in on infinitum and tbh the fact that we successfully lynched two scum in a row on d1&2 frankly means the whole town is scum in my book

What're your thoughts on Flerp?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

MMT im worried about the most based off of the voting. is the third vote which is kind of that sweet spot from being an early joke vote into making something more legitimate. after a while, MMT is the first to drop off after being very quick to get onto the vote. it's like she was trying to start the bandwagon and then once realizing that the bandwagon really wasnt going to pan out for her so she decided to cover her bases and back off. also her explanation is "oh you said you were town that def means your town" which is dumb imho. based off of just the voting for cpig mmt has me the most worried.

Has your opinion of me changed at all since this post?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

flerp had a chance to hammer cpig, made a post like "lol wtf" and let cpig unvote himself so idk

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Speaking of that. What gain could i possibly have as scum to claim scum and vote myself from nowhere for no reason?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I literally did that to see who was quickest to jump on and , well, look at who jumped on the quickest..

Really makes you think.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I literally did that to see who was quickest to jump on and , well, look at who jumped on the quickest..

Really makes you think.

So your interpretation of that sequence is that I, as scum, saw you scumclaim and thought "gee whiz, I can trick town into mislynching pig by being the first to vote!"? And then, when that didn't happen, I decided to bus TNL out of nowhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Murmur Twin posted:

So your interpretation of that sequence is that I, as scum, saw you scumclaim and thought "gee whiz, I can trick town into mislynching pig by being the first to vote!"? And then, when that didn't happen, I decided to bus TNL out of nowhere?

wow when you explain it like that it makes a lot of sense

• Locked thread