Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Onmi posted:

He is. Tidus is the only one who knows, and he's not going to rat out the person who saved his life. Auron knows she's an Al Bhed, and Yuna requested her to be her guardian after having a private conversation.

For anything you can criticize the games story on, that's not it.

If you don't catch on to the fact that only Tidus sees she was in the robot (and it's easy to miss that if you're too busy going 'oh boobs') the whole thing comes off as weird. Even if you see that, it's still really awkwardly presented, but I mean what else in FFX isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don't know what you mean about awkward, Star Player of the Zanarkand Abes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Don't know what you mean about awkward, Star Player of the Zanarkand Abes.

"It all started when I saw this sphere of you."

You know.... "you."

God it must have been a nightmare explaining all this to Paine.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Was that underwater zombie dragon I just fought supposed to have a big ol' action setpiece where you escape from it? The huge amounts of empty tunnel suggests there was.

Cause uhh, don't make your boss undead if you want to do that. Maybe they were counting on people not bringing a sensor or scan with them?

I'm now done with Bevelle. Is this about the halfway point of the game? It sure feels that way, although I'm approaching the ultimate abilities on the grid a lot faster than I thought.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'd say Bevelle is a little over halfway through the main plot but the rest of the game can take much longer depending on how much you'll use the airship following Zanarkand.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Amppelix posted:

Was that underwater zombie dragon I just fought supposed to have a big ol' action setpiece where you escape from it? The huge amounts of empty tunnel suggests there was.

Cause uhh, don't make your boss undead if you want to do that. Maybe they were counting on people not bringing a sensor or scan with them?

I'm now done with Bevelle. Is this about the halfway point of the game? It sure feels that way, although I'm approaching the ultimate abilities on the grid a lot faster than I thought.

You can do that battle by using action commands to bring him into the final chamber, OR, OR you can do what literally everyone in the world did and just phoenix down the zombie dragon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I fought him the 'correct' way every time and didn't realise it was undead :downs:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
If I remember right theres a few chests and a save point around the area leading to the end too, plus Sensor and Scan outright tell you about the healing damage. It's supposed to be a thing where you either figure out "Oh wait this thing is dead let's toss a x-potion at it", or not figure that out and think you need to run away and miss out on it's drops and the chests, plus the opportunity to save.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just picked FFX back up again because I finally got the PS4 version, is there a way to transfer my trophies over from PS3 or am I going to have to start over to get them again?

I'm currently working on getting ultimate weapons and master capturing every zone (finished Calm Lands, Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, and Bikanel Island last night :toot: ) and then I'll probably have to start working on the Dark Aeons? Is there anything specific I should try to shoot for while getting ready for that or should I just keep getting tons of levels on people?

Also do I need to fill in all the empty spots for the trophies that want you to complete sphere grids and if so what's the best way to do that?

I feel like I have a lot of work to do but I love this game so I think that's ok :shobon:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think it uses the same trophies set so as long as you synced the ones you had on PS3 they should carry over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Better prepare some food and drink before you hit the sync trophy button

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay if you do it regularly or have auto-updates on, if it's been a while though..... :stare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think I ever synced on the PS3 :haw:

I'll just do it when I get home before I start making dinner, thanks!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it's anything like last time I did it it'll probably disconnect at 70% two or three times first.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Has this been posted yet? Looks like audio replacement is a thing for FF X PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-RpYn6sfk8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LEt's make Awful Fantasy X-2 a reality.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Oh my.

Just replace every part of Tidus' dialogue with "I'm captain Basch!" at varying speeds and we may be on to something here.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mr. Fortitude posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWY2_cDH3ms
No laugh better than a clown's.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I will listen to this every time I wake up.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Oh my.

Just replace every part of Tidus' dialogue with "I'm captain Basch!" at varying speeds and we may be on to something here.

https://youtu.be/_EtcOc7NqwI

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There was an ATR today, they answered questions from the community.

Gematsu has character profiles and a huge list of notable info here:
http://gematsu.com/2016/05/final-fantasy-xv-main-characters-ages-revealed#JAdXMv5QCfiLDBTR.99

This one is my favorite:

quote:

-After development on the game wraps up, Tabata promised SaGa creator Akitoshi Kawazu that he would clear Final Fantasy II.

Don't do it Tabata!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't do it Tabata!

After what he's gone through I can't blame him for developing self-destructive tendencies.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Electric Phantasm posted:

There was an ATR today, they answered questions from the community.

Gematsu has character profiles and a huge list of notable info here:
http://gematsu.com/2016/05/final-fantasy-xv-main-characters-ages-revealed#JAdXMv5QCfiLDBTR.99

quote:

-The game isn’t set in an open world where you can freely go wherever you like. Since there is a main quest, the more you progress, the more places you’ll be able to go.

-The action isn’t very difficult. It’s an RPG through and through that everyone can enjoy. The game will have difficulty settings, which will be discussed more at E3.

-Cars are faster than chocobos.

-On putting out an Ignis’ Cookbook: “If you’re in publishing, by all means make us an offer.”

-You can’t control the boat. You can control the camera, however.

-There aren’t just 10 songs from previous Final Fantasy games to listen to in the car—there’s an abundance of songs to enjoy. Since there are law restrictions and such per country, being able to play your own music in the game is a difficult thing to implement.

-In response to “Why did you develop this game for 10 years?” Tabata said it’s not like they decided from the beginning that they were going to develop the game for that long.

-You’ll get a “Game Over” if you fail to land the car from flight. It’s not that difficult, though.

-There are many parts based on the real experiences of the staff. Some of it is also influenced by a trip to Europe that Tabata went on in his 20s.

-Tabata attributes Noctis drinking Ebony in Brotherhood to the behavior of a young person drinking coffee to be cool, since Noctis says he hates it in Episode Duscae.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/05/final-fantasy-xv-main-characters-ages-revealed#Bk4bTbE21bU82YH5.99

They are actively making this game worse. I'm throwing up in my mouth as we speak (for reasons unrelated to the article).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He says landing the car is not difficult, but I feel like we will still hear many stories of car crash related game overs.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I crashed the car and lost 3 hours of progress!

Irritating.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why in the world would anyone think that your car-airship crashing gives you a game over is a good idea?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Why in the world would anyone think that your car-airship crashing gives you a game over is a good idea?

It's good to teach younger gamers that car safety is important.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
realism

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

quote:

-In response to “Why did you develop this game for 10 years?”

Nomura: I wanted to spend at least 10 years on this thing. I really wanted to juice it, make people wonder what the gently caress we were doing. I wanted daily status meetings for 2500 days. My life is hate and I wanted the team to feel it through to their bones so that it informed every aspect of this game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Imagine a loving game developer who goes into a game with the intention to stretch it out ten years or more.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
peter molyneux

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

They are actively making this game worse. I'm throwing up in my mouth as we speak (for reasons unrelated to the article).

If it makes you feel any better, it's not like it was going to be good to begin with.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The belt tech I needed...nay, DEMANDED just didn't exist 10 years ago.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I can't wait to crash that flying car into every thing possible. GOTY 2016.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Any word on what FF are coming to PC next? I'm really enjoying this nostalgia from Tales and Final Fantasy.

Now we just need Legend of Dragoon, SMRPG.... And a bunch more.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

Any word on what FF are coming to PC next? I'm really enjoying this nostalgia from Tales and Final Fantasy.

Now we just need Legend of Dragoon, SMRPG.... And a bunch more.

There's been a whole bunch of speculation around an HD re-release of FF XII International Astrology Edition, but I don't think SE has actually come out and said anything besides, "That'd be neat!" At this point the only main games not on Steam are the first 2, of which there are phone ports, so they could definitely do it. I'm kinda suprised they haven't talked about bringing over the iOS versions of the DQ games, considering how well they were received.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

NikkolasKing posted:

"It all started when I saw this sphere of you."

You know.... "you."

Concidering that a minute and a half of context tells you that Yuna's narration is here talking to TIdus (either in the general "talk at the grave of a loved one" sense or the literal "He's back after the (Bad) 100% Ending" sense) her using "you" is perfectly fine.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

why would anyone think crashing your car airship is a good idea?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Augus posted:

why would anyone think crashing your car airship is a good idea?

I crashed the Highwind into probably everything, just joyriding across the world. You don't think about it when you're enjoying a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i wonder if when you crash the car you get to see noctis and friends exploded guts or whatever