Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah, the second line is harder. The very end is kinda hard too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Ugh I just realized I missed a part.

This time I'll struggle with adding the beat, maybe I'll succeed!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Does anyone else have trouble seeing the tindeck image and thus not really know when a track has been posted?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Does anyone else have trouble seeing the tindeck image and thus not really know when a track has been posted?

Figured it out. I'm browsing the forums with SSL and tindeck work so nicely with that.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Li Dawny posted:

Do we have to add anything other than us rapping? Because I'm not sure how to do that.

Like, mechanically?
I used Audacity and loaded in a wav that I ripped of the karaoke youtube vid that Asiina posted. I used this site to rip the wav.

You can open the wav in Audacity, and start recording. It will add the new recording as its own track while simultaneously playing your existing tracks.

The tricky bit for me was properly selecting segments so I didn't need to listen to the whole song just to record a single line that I had flubbed on a previous take.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I keep slipping into this awkward half French accent part way through.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
French accent just makes it better so you can make the double meaning "I mean/ami" line.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is there a mafia game going on here tho

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Nth Doctor posted:

Like, mechanically?
I used Audacity and loaded in a wav that I ripped of the karaoke youtube vid that Asiina posted. I used this site to rip the wav.

You can open the wav in Audacity, and start recording. It will add the new recording as its own track while simultaneously playing your existing tracks.

The tricky bit for me was properly selecting segments so I didn't need to listen to the whole song just to record a single line that I had flubbed on a previous take.

editing recordings is definitely cheating

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Is there a mafia game going on here tho

I mean, technically, yeah.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jimson is the only person who I'd even give half a poo poo to read right now and my read there isn't strong

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I am not going to buy into this day gimmick. I need to actually play an game of mafs to shake the lovely opinion people have of me.

Serious note. We should be paying attention to who is putting the most effort into these challenges.

Seems very scum to me to try and play the "fun guy" so everyone will just assume they're town who just wants to have a good time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

I am not going to buy into this day gimmick. I need to actually play an game of mafs to shake the lovely opinion people have of me.

Serious note. We should be paying attention to who is putting the most effort into these challenges.

Seems very scum to me to try and play the "fun guy" so everyone will just assume they're town who just wants to have a good time.

probably true

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Counterpoint: I am a fun guy who just wants to have a good time.

Checkmate.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My opinion of Jimson is that he's town but also that's a garbage angle he's working

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Jimson if you're gonna gauge scumminess by effort put into singing Hamilton tracks, then we're all scum.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

CCKeane posted:

Counterpoint: I am a fun guy who just wants to have a good time.

Checkmate.

Pretty much this. I really enjoy the show and it's basically the only thing that gets my screaming 8 month old to calm down in the car.

I want to get more involvement in the gimmick today because after futzing with Audacity for an hour last night I had the notion to mix all of our tracks into one song so we could really do Musical Mafia.
In terms of the game, yeah, it is a lot of white noise, but it's fun and creative white noise. I'll try to post more Mafia-y in addition to being a Broadway nerd.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean there's all sorts of problems of cracking down on players putting effort into the game, just bad.

But there is truth to the fact that if there's a reward to be gained from doing some participation thing, scum have an incentive to do it. Town also have an incentive to do it though, so it's not a real way to read on it's own.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On the other hand though check out this post:

Absurd Revolver posted:

Jimson if you're gonna gauge scumminess by effort put into singing Hamilton tracks, then we're all scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i am pretty unsatisfied with how this went but w/e

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

do you like that open echo-y sound

its like youre actually right next to me!!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I like your line of thinking on this matter, Trip, so I am going to believe your claim, for now! But I'll be keeping my eyes on you.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

not true. "Burn 'em up and scatter the remains" is way more awkward and "I mean you gotta put some thought into the letter but the sooner the better" is both faster and a consonant mash

those are both hard but i just gave them up and kept them sloppy but i'm really unhappy at how difficult it was to get the first rhythm right

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, don't be mean to me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Nah. I don't like the idea of punishing people who're putting effort into these fun challenges, and because there's some reward for participating, both town and scum have incentive to participate in them. So I'm not inclined to read that as a scum tell.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh yeah this is a mafia game right

##vote absurd revolver

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why havent our masons claimed yet

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

I did better this time!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why does everyone's tindeck have a way to play it but mine doesn't (at least from my computer)

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

why does everyone's tindeck have a way to play it but mine doesn't (at least from my computer)

Are you copying the BB code?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

oh yeah this is a mafia game right

##vote absurd revolver

##vote dongs

u piece of poo poo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

##vote dongs

u piece of poo poo

##vote AR idk how you can get vote dongs after his rendition

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

##vote AR idk how you can get vote dongs after his rendition

his rendition was beautiful

our feud is eternal

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
See the thing is. Look at all the people getting crazy defensive about this. As if they have something to prove by yelling about how they are just doing this for fun and totally not to get an advantage.

It's okay to do it for fun, but don't let them kid themselves that that's their only reason behind doing it.

Am I saying its the only thing we should focus on? No not at all but its D1 and we legit have NOTHING to work with other than this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jim please

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jimson posted:

See the thing is. Look at all the people getting crazy defensive about this. As if they have something to prove by yelling about how they are just doing this for fun and totally not to get an advantage.

It's okay to do it for fun, but don't let them kid themselves that that's their only reason behind doing it.

Am I saying its the only thing we should focus on? No not at all but its D1 and we legit have NOTHING to work with other than this.

we love you Jimson you don't gotta prove nothing to us

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
if anyone would accept outcasts, it's a bunch of theater nerds

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

:agreed:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Absurd Revolver posted:

if anyone would accept outcasts, it's a bunch of theater nerds

im not a theater nerd!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret