Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Absurd Revolver posted:

you just sang guns and ships with a french accent

you're a nerd

really well i'll add

for a scrublord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
maybe thats just how i talk

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Not true, you could hear it growing more pronounced as the recording went on.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Li Dawny posted:

Not true, you could hear it growing more pronounced as the recording went on.

lynch all liars

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

why does everyone's tindeck have a way to play it but mine doesn't (at least from my computer)

Yours is an m4a filetype, not an mp3. It may not play if the browser lacks a plugin, I suppose?

Jimson posted:

See the thing is. Look at all the people getting crazy defensive about this. As if they have something to prove by yelling about how they are just doing this for fun and totally not to get an advantage.

It's okay to do it for fun, but don't let them kid themselves that that's their only reason behind doing it.

Am I saying its the only thing we should focus on? No not at all but its D1 and we legit have NOTHING to work with other than this.

I don't think it's crazy defensive to point out you're attempting to make a case based on following what Asiina suggested we do. She also suggested we play Mafia as well. She even told us in the OP there would be daily gimmicks going on. This is literally part of the game we're playing here and you're straight up refusing to do it:

Jimson posted:

I am not going to buy into this day gimmick.

I like it because it's keeping me engaged and I'm posting more. I have a bad habit of lurking, but I also have a bad habit of loving musicals, so they're balancing each other out.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Absurd Revolver posted:

lynch all liars

If we can't trust dongsbot having a real accent that sounds like a fake french accent, whom could we trust?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I trust in dongsbot.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

See the thing is. Look at all the people getting crazy defensive about this. As if they have something to prove by yelling about how they are just doing this for fun and totally not to get an advantage.

It's okay to do it for fun, but don't let them kid themselves that that's their only reason behind doing it.

Am I saying its the only thing we should focus on? No not at all but its D1 and we legit have NOTHING to work with other than this.

I didn't participate, so I have no reason to get defensive, but I still think participation in this is just part and parcel of playing this particular game (as specifically contemplated by the mod and the rules) and it's not a tell one way or the other. Though I also agree that there's not much else to go on during D1,so I guess it's at least *a* data point, but to me it doesn't seem too strong.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

you shoulda heard my initial takes of "succeed" and "i mean" i really laid it on thick before i reviewed diggs's performance

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

aww this take doesnt have a frenched up "need" upon review of my own recording

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I feel like I nailed more of the man sound while going for Frenchman.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

just rap like a girl my voice is like an octave higher than diggs's OH WELL

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

just rap like a girl my voice is like an octave higher than diggs's OH WELL

What does this even mean? I am a girl, so would my rapping already be 'rapping like a girl'?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dont worry about the man sound and you do you li dawny

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I recorded mine, but I'll wait until the deadline so as to not show you all up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm really struggling to find a time when nobody is in the house or at least, the same room as me.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Asiina posted:

I recorded mine, but I'll wait until the deadline so as to not show you all up.

admit this mafia was an excuse to show off your Hamilton skillz

its okay we'll love you the same

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm really struggling to find a time when nobody is in the house or at least, the same room as me.

I recorded mine outside. In public

No excuses.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jimson posted:

I just wanted to bring this back because the narrative here is strong. I particularly like the twist of "We have nothing to work with on this day, day one"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

I recorded mine outside. In public

No excuses.

Hey, I don't like make a fool of myself in front of other people if I'm not getting paid for it

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I just wanted to bring this back because the narrative here is strong. I particularly like the twist of "We have nothing to work with on this day, day one"

When you analyze the work, you realize the crux of the Jimson persona is his terminal lack of appreciation for fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

admit this mafia was an excuse to show off your Hamilton skillz

its okay we'll love you the same

I freely admit it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

You made us all rap, please tell me we get a chance to belt something at some point.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

When you analyze the work, you realize the crux of the Jimson persona is his terminal lack of appreciation for fun.

possibly

I do think there's a kernal of truth to the argument. When I played Cookfia I was scum and we worked to make sure we got all the advantages we could, then we won. That doesn't mean hat signing up to a game with that type of gimmick and then immediately making GBS threads on the first person who does it is high tier gameplay though. If you were going to work that angle at least wait a day when you'll have data on more than 1 person.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

I like that Jimson making a serious effort at playing Mafia involves making GBS threads on people who're participating in mod-approved and mod-encouraged fun day activities. :neckbeard:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Jimson is trying to actually play mafia and getting poo poo for it. This is a hosed up world we live in.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Jimson is trying to actually play mafia and getting poo poo for it. This is a hosed up world we live in.

Mafia is dead. This is the brave new world Mafia.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
If it seems like I'm being harsh, I apologize. We all appreciate Jimson playing his best for this game, myself included.

But hell if I'm not going to poke at him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I totally get what you're saying but the same thing can be applied to Jimson's first attack being on somebody who is putting effort in because they were putting effort in. Those are both bad lines of attack.

For the record I don't think jimson is scum, just that this is silly.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Boss, why do you keep speaking for other people?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

You made us all rap, please tell me we get a chance to belt something at some point.

:yeah:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Boss, why do you keep speaking for other people?

i meant the royal we

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Why do you think you're better than other people?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah I totally get what you're saying but the same thing can be applied to Jimson's first attack being on somebody who is putting effort in because they were putting effort in. Those are both bad lines of attack.

For the record I don't think jimson is scum, just that this is silly.

Well, is it really any more silly than any other reason we dream up to find someone to vote for day one? I mean, usually it comes down to gut feels or someone being a dick, so at least this way no one gets hated.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Yeah and to be clear, I don't mean to poo poo on Jimson too much. I just kind of disagree with his viewpoint. But I support his active participation in this game!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nah like day events are cool but there becomes an issue when there is no actual Mafia happening and people are too focused on the gimmick

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Nah like day events are cool but there becomes an issue when there is no actual Mafia happening and people are too focused on the gimmick

I think that'll be less of an issue during subsequent days. There's very little Mafia happening on D1 usually anyway.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Li Dawny posted:

Well, is it really any more silly than any other reason we dream up to find someone to vote for day one?

Yes.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
So far my reads are all town. People not participating in either events or discussion are going to be the first on my list, too many good games have been destroyed by rampant lurking lately.

Jimson is definitely town though, with an opening move like that.

Kash is pinging me just the smallest bit I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Hey instead of whining about a hypothetical situation that's not happening in this game, maybe do the thing you're saying should be happening?

• Locked thread