Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
If they don't build the 2K showcase around goldberg it'd be real dumb, but it's not like austin hasn't ever been in the WWE games either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

spongeh posted:

If they don't build the 2K showcase around goldberg it'd be real dumb, but it's not like austin hasn't ever been in the WWE games either.

We'll have an Undertaker-style Beat The Streak mode, but this one comes with a taser DLC to bypass it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Hopefully they license all the appropriate music so I can have Goldberg's WCW theme as well as his terrible Megadeth theme.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I'm really looking forward to seeing if they even go to the effort of having his full entrance in there or just go "eh, effort" and just starting with him coming out on stage

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He had his full entrance in 2k14, it's likely still in the code considering their method of building new games. You dig deep enough into 2k16 and you will find artifacts from the ps1 era. Hell, the Osaka street cutter is still the same animation from Smackdown 2. I wish they had kept some of the moves from the Here Comes the Pain era games as they had a knack for making great looking move animations at the time.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 31, 2016

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I really miss the custom standing/running animations and random martial arts moves that used to be included. I'll probably never be able to satisfactorily recreate the capoeira fighter I had back in HCtP.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

ParanoidInc posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing if they even go to the effort of having his full entrance in there or just go "eh, effort" and just starting with him coming out on stage

Hopefully they can add Doug Dillinger and a bunch of other uniformed security to give him a really true to life WCW entrance.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

spongeh posted:

I think it'll be structured like The Rise and Fall of WCW and Goldberg will just be part of it. Maybe the final boss or something.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Or it will just be a Triple H showcase and have one Goldberg match

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I want to give everyone the shopping cart entrance again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want the horribly misnamed moves back, the ones that seemed mistranslated despite the game being all in English like It Thrusts Down and such.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Here comes the pain had the single best collection of early shining Wizard style Keiji Muto moves in any game I have ever played up to and including King of Colosseum II.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
A HHH showcase would be interesting to see who they would include. It would be tough to ignore Chyna, for example. Marc Mero could also be included (he won't).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I know it's an incredibly long shot but with Goldberg and such in I'd love to see a whole Showcase devoted to big, well-produced Past vs Present feuds like All-Stars had or Paige vs Blayze from last year.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Chris Jericho career mode and he finally gets that PPV match with Goldberg

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I know it's an incredibly long shot but with Goldberg and such in I'd love to see a whole Showcase devoted to big, well-produced Past vs Present feuds like All-Stars had or Paige vs Blayze from last year.

I know Madusa has been active on social media a lot but I still think it's awfully generous to call her the "present." just kidding. this is a joke about paige's push being dead and how she's in the past and no one misses her. please support my patreon

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I would love that too. The cutscenes they produced for those are as good or better than anything on Raw.

e: and just lol if you could do Goldberg/Ryback in the game but it won't ever happen in real life now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

1st AD posted:

Hopefully they can add Doug Dillinger and a bunch of other uniformed security to give him a really true to life WCW entrance.

You'd need to have Ralphus in then for the Jericho version.

I also kinda liked the Streak/lolcenawinz modes. It's fun trying to beat an AI that cheats as long as you KNOW that it's cheating going in.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
HHH Showcase would include mini games for cycling in 2001-02 and then eating cheeseburgers in 2003.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Gonna be Goldberg showcase mode.

Guys, we're going to get playable Jerry Flynn.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

NameHurtBrain posted:

Gonna be Goldberg showcase mode.

Guys, we're going to get playable Jerry Flynn.

Objective: defeat Jerry Lynn (complete 36 times)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

remusclaw posted:

Here comes the pain had the single best collection of early shining Wizard style Keiji Muto moves in any game I have ever played up to and including King of Colosseum II.

They even had his tights in the game too.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Nut Bunnies posted:

HHH Showcase would include mini games for cycling in 2001-02 and then eating cheeseburgers in 2003.

I don't look forward to the "HGH hypo to the rear end" minigame :stonk:

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Nut Bunnies posted:

Please give us the pose-off with Scott Steiner. The chain-wrestling mechanic would work for it!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I would intentionally fail just to see what infomercial-caliber fuckups Trips would pull out. Trying to flex and somehow falling over, etc.

The Goldberg preorder (a massive step down from the FUCKIN TERMINATORS, who were a huge step up from Sting) also comes with two exclusive WCW arenas, so either they're finally going for a WCW-focused showcase or they're just baiting fans who've been waiting for an actual Nitro set for years

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Objective: defeat Jerry Lynn (complete 36 times)

Pah, not talking about that gymnastics doing scrub. I'm talking about a true master of shootfighting, Lightning Foot Jerry Flynn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEVIWzb3uds

(Also, I'd make it so you'd play as Jerry Flynn, the match is hideously unfair, and if you actually manage to beat Goldberg, the game goes all MGS3 on you about how you've created a time paradox)

NameHurtBrain fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 1, 2016

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

I would intentionally fail just to see what infomercial-caliber fuckups Trips would pull out. Trying to flex and somehow falling over, etc.

The Goldberg preorder (a massive step down from the FUCKIN TERMINATORS, who were a huge step up from Sting) also comes with two exclusive WCW arenas, so either they're finally going for a WCW-focused showcase or they're just baiting fans who've been waiting for an actual Nitro set for years

I hope the Terminators/all the DLC/Unlockables from 2K16 are in 2k17 for free like they were last time.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'd imagine a lot of the workers from the Legends pack won't make the cut. I also hope for Terminators but without a (huge bomb of a) movie to promote I highly doubt they'll get the rights.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I don't know, we still have Adnan and Col. Shieky Maybe. The Terminators will live on in the shape of the press upercut for Cesaro and an excellently animated Burning Hammer.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Goldberg was in the game two years ago. I don't understand why Meltzer was saying this is a huge accomplishment by 2K.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I am excited by the wide ranging array of matches that a goldberg mode will surely include.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would love for some sort of "Attempt to Amputate Forearm with Limousine Window" mini-game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I won't be satisfied until I get the giant door set.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Well, the rumor is a HHH Story mode. Can't wait to see the matches on that:

*Beat Ultimate Warrior at WM12 in 30 Seconds*

- but that's not what hap- *BEAT ULTIMATE WARRIOR AT WM12 IN 30 SECONDS*

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
TEW16 showing a lot of realism as we've hit January and Roman Reigns is still WWE champion (despite being the 18th most over wrestler in North America) having just defeated Roderick Strong clean in Strong's PPV debut

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Well, the rumor is a HHH Story mode. Can't wait to see the matches on that:

*Beat Ultimate Warrior at WM12 in 30 Seconds*

- but that's not what hap- *BEAT ULTIMATE WARRIOR AT WM12 IN 30 SECONDS*

Does this mean we'll get Stephanie's dog as a manager?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does this mean we'll get Stephanie's dog as a manager?

No. The dog will be playable, Jericho will only be available as dog's manager.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Pre-ordered

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

AU where the dog lives and takes Jericho's place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

AU where the dog lives and takes Jericho's place

Don't be ridiculous. Steph's dog would be booked better.